SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion (Part 3)

20 janv. 2023 à 22 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,974
Quoting: Messier99
Are you sure this is not just Code for "he's too injured so we can shop at trade deadline time and then we expect a miraculous recovery for late in the 1st round".?

Muzzins not coming back trust me. Neck injuries like the one he got are not easy to manage and even if he recovers one more hit could put him in a wheelchair

As hes had 3 concussions and this injury in 1.5 seasons. Plus before the season started apparently his back was not good.

Hes done, I legit dont see him back game 1 of the playoffs
21 janv. 2023 à 0 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,049

Not Leafs related, but this is absolutely heartbreaking. Bruce and Canucks fans deserve so much better than what they are subjected to. I'm eternally grateful Dubas dragged us out of the mud and got us a fun team, because things could be so much worse.
21 janv. 2023 à 1 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel

Not Leafs related, but this is absolutely heartbreaking. Bruce and Canucks fans deserve so much better than what they are subjected to. I'm eternally grateful Dubas dragged us out of the mud and got us a fun team, because things could be so much worse.

Bruce needs to do what Maurice did just leave. Like clearly JR does not want him and neither do the fans or players. He should go and get his job back on Sportsnet or hopefully Leafs hire him to do something (Not assistant coach as Keefe apparently did not want him) then we hopefully end his fathers curse.
21 janv. 2023 à 2 h 7
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,754
Quoting: aadoyle
K I was doing something fun

If what Friedman said about them being stingey about their 1st and Knies is true I built a TDL leafs team that did not require major assets to be moved but still make them better

In the scenario

Kerfoot, Hirvonen, Abruzzese, Simmonds (via Braun trade and do him a solid) and Steeves get traded along with some picks (Highest being a 2nd)

And who comes in

Adam Henrique, Nick Bonino, Justin Braun, Zach Parise and Noel Acciari

And the team after the TDL

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Henrique-JT-Marner
Parise-Acciari-Jarnkrok
Bonino-Kampf-Engvall

Rielly-Liligren
Gio-Brodie
Sandin-Holl

Goalie Duo

Extras: Timmins, Braun, ZAR More come via playoffs: Holmberg, Clifford, etc.

PP unit 1 = The same

PP unit 2

Parise-Bunting-Henrique
Sandin-Jarnkrok

And honestly through re-evaluating it, its not bad

As Acciari and Bonino would help with the PK with Acciari adding some toughness, All Parise and the others would improve the scoring depth and Henrique would be an upgrade at LW next to JT and Marner. Braun would be nice playoff insurance.

Interesting
I would like to know what your trade breakdowns were but I personally do not want to move Hirvonen or Niemela along with Knies.

Do you think Praise will get moved?
I don't see the point of the Braun add because we have about the same or better internally.
oneX a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 2 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 21 janv. 2023 à 2 h 51
Quoting: Trickster
Interesting
I would like to know what your trade breakdowns were but I personally do not want to move Hirvonen or Niemela along with Knies.

Do you think Praise will get moved?
I don't see the point of the Braun add because we have about the same or better internally.

Braun is the type of D Toronto has been missing since Muzzin has been out and with injury likelihood we gonna need all the bodies we can and Braun will be a calming presence on that blue line.

As for Parise if Isles gonna miss Lou should do the smart thing and trade him

K so for the breakdowns

For Henrique (50% ret) - Has 1.5 years remaining

Toronto sends 2024 2nd + Hirvonen + Kerfoot (#6 prospect)

For Parise

Toronto sends Steeves or Abruzzese and a 2023 3rd (Theirs) (#10 or 11 prospect)

For Acciari

Toronto sends 2025 3rd

For Bonino (50% ret)

Toronto sends 2024 4th

and finally

For Braun (50% ret)

Toronto sends a 2023 5th

So in the end Toronto would have spent

1 2nd (2023)
2 3rds (2023 and 2025)
1 4ths (2024)
1 5ths (2023)

Along with Kerfoot, Abruzzese or Steeves, and Hirvonen

Not bad as we still got all our 1sts for the next 3 years. Parise's looks expensive but remember the guys on pace for 25 goals and is making under league min (750k)
21 janv. 2023 à 13 h 51
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

We have been so spoiled to have Nylander, Matthews, and Marner on this roster.

FmPqq05XwAEEeO2?format=jpg&name=large

I shutter at the thought of 6-7-8 year rebuild.

We set a record for most points and wins in franchise history just last year
FQl4o1YXMAA2svo?format=jpg&name=large

We have Matthews and Marner setting franchise records.

A very decent and middle of the pack prospect pool
FmXH3qkWAAE0UQN?format=jpg&name=medium

And currently have:

Newfoundland Growlers - 1st in the North Division, 2nd overall in the league

Toronto Marlies - 1st in the North Division, 2nd overall in the league

Toronto Maple Leafs - 2nd in the Atlantic, 3rd overall in the league

Yes, without question I want playoff success but has a fan of this franchise, all I want is to be a consistent contender year in and year out. We’ve got that here!
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 17 h 4
Hakuna Matata

Debrincat went for the 7th OA + 39th OA picks in the 2022 draft + 2024 3rd

Basically a 1st + 2nd + 3rd

Therefore is we go by that logic what a 1st + 2nd get Meier (idk abut that Franky lul)
21 janv. 2023 à 18 h 8
hey look a squirrel
Braun is the type of D Toronto has been missing since Muzzin has been out and with injury likelihood we gonna need all the bodies we can and Braun will be a calming presence on that blue line.

As for Parise if Isles gonna miss Lou should do the smart thing and trade him

K so for the breakdowns

For Henrique (50% ret) - Has 1.5 years remaining

Toronto sends 2024 2nd + Hirvonen + Kerfoot (#6 prospect)

For Parise

Toronto sends Steeves or Abruzzese and a 2023 3rd (Theirs) (#10 or 11 prospect)

For Acciari

Toronto sends 2025 3rd

For Bonino (50% ret)

Toronto sends 2024 4th

and finally

For Braun (50% ret)

Toronto sends a 2023 5th

So in the end Toronto would have spent

1 2nd (2023)
2 3rds (2023 and 2025)
1 4ths (2024)
1 5ths (2023)

Along with Kerfoot, Abruzzese or Steeves, and Hirvonen

Not bad as we still got all our 1sts for the next 3 years. Parise's looks expensive but remember the guys on pace for 25 goals and is making under league min (750k)

I am not interested in moving Hirvonen, thoughts on giving say Moldenhauer instead?
oneX a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 18 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I am not interested in moving Hirvonen, thoughts on giving say Moldenhauer instead?

Moldenhauer looks like an extremely promising middle 6 energy guy. Plus, he's committed to one of the best NCAA teams in UofMich, so Id wait to see what he's got before moving on
21 janv. 2023 à 18 h 22
hey look a squirrel
Moldenhauer looks like an extremely promising middle 6 energy guy. Plus, he's committed to one of the best NCAA teams in UofMich, so Id wait to see what he's got before moving on

I just believe I'm Hirvonen more man
oneX a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 18 h 23
Hakuna Matata

In general Hirvonen looks okay and his trade value his is higher rn. Moldenhauer is in a position to where we dont got to rush and sign him. Hes going to College next year and if all goes well will be a good bottom 6 energy player

So I would rather move Hirvonen as even with him gone we still have Minten, Niemela, Robertson and Knies
21 janv. 2023 à 18 h 43
hey look a squirrel
In general Hirvonen looks okay and his trade value his is higher rn. Moldenhauer is in a position to where we dont got to rush and sign him. Hes going to College next year and if all goes well will be a good bottom 6 energy player

So I would rather move Hirvonen as even with him gone we still have Minten, Niemela, Robertson and Knies

I made the following trades in a ACGM

Henrique at 50% retention
For
Kerfoot
Voit
Rights to Moldenhauer
2027 2nd rounder

Bjugstad
For
Gaudette
Rights to Litowsky

Braun
For
Abruzzese
oneX a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 18 h 44
Hakuna Matata
I made the following trades in a ACGM

Henrique at 50% retention
For
Kerfoot
Voit
Rights to Moldenhauer
2027 2nd rounder

Bjugstad
For
Gaudette
Rights to Litowsky

Braun
For
Abruzzese

So u want to give up Voit whose younger and leading the OHL to keep a 21 year old Hirvonen idk doesnt seem like the right idea. And u know every team rejects as why is Anaheim gonna wait 4 years for a 2nd.....

As for Bjugstand Arizona hangs up and u overpaid for Braun as a 5th is less than Abruzzese value
21 janv. 2023 à 19 h 4
hey look a squirrel
So u want to give up Voit whose younger and leading the OHL to keep a 21 year old Hirvonen idk doesnt seem like the right idea. And u know every team rejects as why is Anaheim gonna wait 4 years for a 2nd.....

As for Bjugstand Arizona hangs up and u overpaid for Braun as a 5th is less than Abruzzese value

Why you want to split my Roni and Topi gang bruh
oneX a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 19 h 6
Ovchinnikov 137

I’m probably in this camp as well. I want the Leafs to be able to come away with prospects who are closer to helping us within a year or two.

Hirvonen (playing against men), Abruzzese, Steeves, Tverberg and Robertson.

With the addition of Timmins, I’d move Niemela for the right player.

The guys who are further away: Moldenhauer, Minten, Voit and one of our goalie prospects should be on the table. As well as the 2024 1st.

With the uncertainty of Amirov and Robertson’s injury history and with us moving back last year, keeping the 2023 1st is almost a must.

Just my opinion
oneX a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 19 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m probably in this camp as well. I want the Leafs to be able to come away with prospects who are closer to helping us within a year or two.

Hirvonen (playing against men), Abruzzese, Steeves, Tverberg and Robertson.

With the addition of Timmins, I’d move Niemela for the right player.

The guys who are further away: Moldenhauer, Minten, Voit and one of our goalie prospects should be on the table. As well as the 2024 1st.

With the uncertainty of Amirov and Robertson’s injury history and with us moving back last year, keeping the 2023 1st is almost a must.

Just my opinion

The one thing is Voit could be with the Marlies next year so I want to see how he adapts to the AHL as man if he adapts we in for some fun. Seen a few guys like Hirvonen (who play against men) come and just dont do muc. Now the same could apply to Voit (minus playing vs. adults) but yea I feel Voit could do very well if he can take his tools and use them in a higher league
21 janv. 2023 à 19 h 17
Ovchinnikov 137
The one thing is Voit could be with the Marlies next year so I want to see how he adapts to the AHL as man if he adapts we in for some fun. Seen a few guys like Hirvonen (who play against men) come and just dont do much and yea

I will definitely side with the prospect who is playing against men over a guy dominating junior.

Again, I wouldn’t be trading Voit fit just anyone but you also have to give to get. And Voit is definitely a nice trade chip
21 janv. 2023 à 19 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I will definitely side with the prospect who is playing against men over a guy dominating junior.

Again, I wouldn’t be trading Voit fit just anyone but you also have to give to get. And Voit is definitely a nice trade chip

Yea true. Voits story though has been more interesting

Couldnt play thanks to covid

Taken 5th round

Leads OHL in Points 2 years later

I want to see his Journey as I feel he has good potential to be a nice depth playmaking scorer for us
21 janv. 2023 à 19 h 46
Hakuna Matata
A new target for the TDL might have arrived

Eetu Luostarinen is making 1.5mill for 1.5 more seasons can play Center and has 10 goals 11 assists, is 24years, and is an RFA after his deal

Should explore but I dont think Florida's gonna want to trade with Toronto (Divisional Rival)
21 janv. 2023 à 20 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Leafs in the first good

Leafs in the second playing so bad they literally made Sammy hurt himself making an incredible save FOR **** SAKES

Just play consistently pls lul
21 janv. 2023 à 20 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Habs player trips Leafs goalie: No penalty
Habs player pushes Leaf into Habs goalie: Penalty

Are you serious???? Not only was that call on Sandin INCREDIBLY weak, Pezzetta blatantly clipped Sammy. Lunacy
21 janv. 2023 à 20 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 21 janv. 2023 à 20 h 43
Guess defense became optional for us in the second

WTF was Sandin doing there

Literally Leafs went from playing great to dog**** and were not even finished the second period

The killer instinct is just a gleam in their eyes so close but they just cant hone in on it
21 janv. 2023 à 20 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Leafs look so bad rn its not even funny. Are we sure this is the same team we saw in the first as they aint playing like em

Edit: SHOTS ARE 18 TO 6 FOR MTL IN THE SECOND WAKE THE **** UP
21 janv. 2023 à 20 h 47
Hakuna Matata
Thank **** for Samsonov busting his ass to keep this game tied honestly should be 5-2 rn for MTL rn

Literally embarrassing effort and Keefe needs to get this team under control as that was just sad
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 21
Our third line creates so many beautiful chances but cant finish for ****

And it sucks as the chances they get are just perfect grade A chances

Meanwhile 4th line is just a no go for me. I dont like it

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question: