SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion (Part 3)

21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,119
At what point do you look at McMann and decide to give him a look in the top 6. He is what the Leafs wanted Ritchie to be. Heavy forechecker, but man can he skate.
21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,141
Modifié 21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 41
So um refs can we start calling goalie interference on MTL

Within 30 seconds Sammy got run over twice

Also how the **** he still playing lul
21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 17
Honestly Leafs after their play in the second deserved to lose but man in the third MTL got ****ing helped by the refs

How many times does Sammy have to get run over before we call goalie interference.

Marner making his usual dumb no look back pass in OT really didnt sit well either.
21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Can we trade for a forward yet?
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 20
Quoting: Nathaniel
Can we trade for a forward yet?

That really wont change much trust me

Tonights loss was mainly an effort issue not needing a forward issue.

As man they went from an incredible 1st to a dog**** 2nd to an okay 3rd

Consistency is key and this team still lacks it. Thankfully Samsonov got us a point but wow that could have gone bad fast. As really even if we get someone and play like this were not winning jack ****.

Just glad Sammy or as we shall now call him Superman is okay as hes been very good
21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Someone needs to check this as I think its true

Whenever one of the big 4 dont score a goal I dont think the Leafs have won a single game this season and that to me is very concerning
21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
Someone needs to check this as I think its true

Whenever one of the big 4 dont score a goal I dont think the Leafs have won a single game this season and that to me is very concerning

K I checked well actually no there was one game vs Dallas where none of the big 4 scored and they won 3-2 via Robertson

Still 1 game out of 47 not good
21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 38
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,660
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m probably in this camp as well. I want the Leafs to be able to come away with prospects who are closer to helping us within a year or two.

Hirvonen (playing against men), Abruzzese, Steeves, Tverberg and Robertson.

With the addition of Timmins, I’d move Niemela for the right player.

The guys who are further away: Moldenhauer, Minten, Voit and one of our goalie prospects should be on the table. As well as the 2024 1st.

With the uncertainty of Amirov and Robertson’s injury history and with us moving back last year, keeping the 2023 1st is almost a must.

Just my opinion

That is why Knies, Roni and Topi are untouchables IMO. Anyone who thinks these guys should be on the table are not thinking a year or two down the road when ELC contracts will be important to the team.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 46
Tonight's game reminds me of the playoff games vs Montreal and just overall the shinny game vs the complete team D aspect.

This team is not winning a round come late April if they are not going to play with effort and the complete defense aspect of the game. Need to figure this out before the TDL and lock in the play.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 55
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
That is why Knies, Roni and Topi are untouchables IMO. Anyone who thinks these guys should be on the table are not thinking a year or two down the road when ELC contracts will be important to the team.

Topi to me is tough as Leafs RD rn = Brodie, Liligren, Timmins by the time he comes thats probs not changing so wheres he playing. Better to explore a trade to move from an area of strength to an area of weakness.
21 janv. 2023 à 23 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Topi to me is tough as Leafs RD rn = Brodie, Liligren, Timmins by the time he comes thats probs not changing so wheres he playing. Better to explore a trade to move from an area of strength to an area of weakness.

By the time Topi is ready, Giordano will be gone. Brodie to LD

Rielly - Liljegren
Sandin - Timmins
Brodie - Niemela
oneX a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 23 h 6

Rielly - Liljegren
Sandin - Timmins
Brodie - Niemela

I'll go one further, once Brodie's contract is up an internal replacement would be nice and perhaps Topi will have had enough exposure to North American hockey to be able to step in at some capacity.
21 janv. 2023 à 23 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 21 janv. 2023 à 23 h 21

Rielly - Liljegren
Sandin - Timmins
Brodie - Niemela

Rielly-Brodie
Sandin-Liligren
Raifai-Timmins

Raifai has been turning heads and I got a feeling hes getting an ELC soon and by 2024 is our 3rd pair LD.

In general if Leafs never traded for Timmins I would be like k keep Niemela but with being a good third pair things are kind of changing now
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 18
TOR V5 GM
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,907
What Leafs fans want at the TDL: Meier or Konecny or Horvat
What Dubas is going to give us at the TDL: Nick Bonino and Vlad Gavrikov
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 19
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
K I checked well actually no there was one game vs Dallas where none of the big 4 scored and they won 3-2 via Robertson

Still 1 game out of 47 not good

I find this very unsurprising since the roster construction consists of 5 players taking up over half our cap space. It’s just they way we were built.

This should be nothing new tho, anyone who was happy with the off-season we had was very surprising to me. All of the issues we currently have: top 6LW and bottom 6 scoring should have been addressed in the summer. There were players available that could have addressed this.

Now we are right back to having to move assets, trading Kerfoot, all which SHOULD have been addressed in the summer. It sucks but doable.

“ This offseason felt like a bit of a missed opportunity for the Leafs. They have a strong team that shouldn’t have much of a problem making the playoffs, but they haven’t done much of anything to move the needle forward.” Opening thread

This is how I felt then and how I still feel.

It will be interesting to watch a team like SEA, who is built with no real superstar but just incredible depth throughout their lineup, how far they can go.
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: LGuy54

Im shocked at how upset a lot of people are at the idea of getting Gavrikov. He is a stud defenseman and I would be stoked to get him. I also like the idea of going after someone like Foegele
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 22
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: oneX

I’d prefer to say we have no untouchables for the right player with term . We are so close but we need to add more scoring.

If the right player is there, they have to go all in
oneX a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 25
Ovchinnikov 137

I’d would definitely be down for a Meier + Bonino package
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 31
TOR V5 GM
Im shocked at how upset a lot of people are at the idea of getting Gavrikov. He is a stud defenseman and I would be stoked to get him. I also like the idea of going after someone like Foegele

People are upset over the idea of prioritizing defenseman/defensive forwards when they struggle to score in the playoffs

Last 4 games in which we got eliminated:
vs BOS: 1 goal
vs CBJ: 0 goals
vs MTL: 1 goal
vs TBL: 1 goal

You can't win like that, and then you see Boston is the frontrunner for Horvat.
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 32
TOR V5 GM
I’d would definitely be down for a Meier + Bonino package

I dont hate Bonino but getting him and calling it a deadline would be incredibly stupid
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
People are upset over the idea of prioritizing defenseman/defensive forwards when they struggle to score in the playoffs

Last 4 games in which we got eliminated:
vs BOS: 1 goal
vs CBJ: 0 goals
vs MTL: 1 goal
vs TBL: 1 goal

You can't win like that, and then you see Boston is the frontrunner for Horvat.

A forward is certainly going to be a priority at the deadline. I tend to ignore what most of the insiders say because typically when the Leafs are connected to a player, they almost never land them. I still really want Garland
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 39
Ovchinnikov 137
I dont hate Bonino but getting him and calling it a deadline would be incredibly stupid

I mean obviously I’d want Meier too. For the Leafs to make a significant change both Kerfoot and Holl need to be replaced with a top 6 LW and a hard nosed D
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 49
I find this very unsurprising since the roster construction consists of 5 players taking up over half our cap space. It’s just they way we were built.

This should be nothing new tho, anyone who was happy with the off-season we had was very surprising to me. All of the issues we currently have: top 6LW and bottom 6 scoring should have been addressed in the summer. There were players available that could have addressed this.

Now we are right back to having to move assets, trading Kerfoot, all which SHOULD have been addressed in the summer. It sucks but doable.

“ This offseason felt like a bit of a missed opportunity for the Leafs. They have a strong team that shouldn’t have much of a problem making the playoffs, but they haven’t done much of anything to move the needle forward.” Opening thread

This is how I felt then and how I still feel.

It will be interesting to watch a team like SEA, who is built with no real superstar but just incredible depth throughout their lineup, how far they can go.

Its funny though how they got guys who on paper should be able to step up big (i.e. Engvall) and tonight that line had its moments

BUT THEY JUST CANT FINISH UGH especially McMann. Like come the **** on this kid feels like Canadian Division Mikheyev rn.

Like if they has even 5% greater finishing man we might be going so um what we need now lul. But no the theme for them is good defense and make good scoring chances but dont finish on em
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I mean obviously I’d want Meier too. For the Leafs to make a significant change both Kerfoot and Holl need to be replaced with a top 6 LW and a hard nosed D

Bunting - Matthews - Nylander
Garland - Tavares - Marner
Heinen / Trenin / Barbashev- Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Aston Reese - Kampf - Engvall

Rielly - Brodie
Gavrikov - Liljegren
Sandin / Giordano - Timmins
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2023 à 0 h 49
Ovchinnikov 137
Its funny though how they got guys who on paper should be able to step up big (i.e. Engvall) and tonight that line had its moments

BUT THEY JUST CANT FINISH UGH

Like if they has even 5% greater finishing man we might be going so um what we need now lul

And they make up out 3rd line

I love Engvall

And I love Engvall and Kampf, they can dominate there minutes and if they could ever just get a winger that could score, cough cough Ryan Donato, cough cough Knies. That would be an excellent 4th fukcin line.

Our 3rd line needs to be completely rebuild

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage