SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(EDM/ARI) - Kassian + 2022 1st round pick (29) for 2022 1st round pick (32)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 juill. 2022 à 7 h 19
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Modifié 8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 26
Don't understand the landslide Arizona win, that 2025 2nd round pick won't play in the NHL before 2027 if he pans out. Edmonton can now focus on getting a goalie and not waste any more of McDavide, Drai and Hyman's time, their window's now and that move clears up cap to help that. Edmonton wins.

Quoting: sensonfire
It should only cost one second to dump Kassian.

Instead, Edmonton went above and beyond by dropping 3 spots in the first round and throwing away a third round pick like it's nothing.

Nice to know you were able to look in a crystal ball and it told you it should only cost a 2nd to dump Kassian. Picks in 2025 are nothing when Drai's UFA in 25 and McDavid's in 26. With Holloway, Lavoie, Bourgault and Savoie coming up soon and their core players inching toward the end of their contracts their window is right now, they have 3 years to make it happen.
MountRoyal, CD282, oilersguy and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 8
Leafs Sufferer
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Necessary trade to offload some cap. Seems a bit steep, but the 2nd rounder isn't until 2025.

EDM still has some work to do, roughly 10M in space with a roster of 14.
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 13
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,751
Quoting: sensonfire
It should only cost one second to dump Kassian.

Instead, Edmonton went above and beyond by dropping 3 spots in the first round and throwing away a third round pick like it's nothing.

Arizona wins the trade.

The 2nd is 3 years out though - it's a 2025 pick. I think it's reasonable for AZ to ask for a 3rd also in that case. The 3rd is a 2024 pick, so 2 years away. Both are likely to be very late picks.

So we're left with the 28->32 swap, which is probably worth another 3rd.

I can live with that. It may be a slight overpay but certainly within the range of reasonable. And if the Oilers got the guy they were targeting with pick 32 anyhow than I don't think it's an overpay at all.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 11 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: oilersguy
I like this a lot, we still pick today, and we have cap space to pick a goalie

I think you gave up too much for such a small savings.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 11 h 46
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: ColonelX
Don't understand the landslide Arizona win...

Edmonton needed the cap space to sign a goalie and they did get that, but they gave up a lot to do so. Yes, it is in the future, but I assume you still plan on being an Oilers fan in 2027.

I don't think the Oilers are one goalie away from being a Cup winner and I don't think their GM is smart enough to sign a goalie cheap enough to get them more pieces.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 18 h 8
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 202
Leafs drop down 13 spots to get rid of 2 more years of Mrazek at 3.8 million. After that trade was announced, the Oilers drop down 3 spots, + 2nd + 3rd to get rid of 2 more years of Kassian at 3.2 million.
OldNYIfan et CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 16 h 59
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,193
People of CapFriendly, Kuemper and Campbell are on the market, the Oilers need cap space

Still, you’d think with how dumping Mrazek costed trading down 13 picks that you’d be able to get better value than this, especially considering Mrazek contract is worse.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 55
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,263
Quoting: DirtyDangle
this seems cheap to dump kassian. oilers only drop down a few spots. good job oilers.

Did you not notice the draft picks?
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 56
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
My least favprite player in the entire NHL, so I don't even really care.
11 juill. 2022 à 4 h 59
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Did you not notice the draft picks?

i read it as a 3rd and 5th. it's worse now.
11 juill. 2022 à 5 h 4
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: oilersfan150
It’s pretty much just a second and third to dump kassian a slight overpay but kassian sucks so i will take it.

This is what ppl need to understand.

Is it an overpay? yes! Should it have been cheaper? yes!
BUT, if the market wasnt there, you still NEED to make this move.
Dubas got of a get out of jail card first which was simply timing. Congrats, he's an expert at buy low and trade wins but with nothing to show for it! Dubas is the prototypical amateur GM, make moves that make you look good but never take any risks that get you over the top. If ever there was a dorky GM that encapsulated a capfriendly user, it's Dubas!

No teams can take on salary right now. Even overpaying is better than standing pat. Remember the Kulak trade (Hutson) yes, an overpayment, but i think the Oilers fans were quite happy with Kulak.
Winning trades is so overblown here, its about team building not notches on your belt with trade wins.
oilersfan150 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 5 h 12
Banni
Quoting: BroadwayBlueshirts
But but but Oilers fans have been telling me for 14 months that Zack Kassian had positive value or was worth at least a 3rd from the Rangers? I'll never have to see another one of those ACGMs so god bless!

I didn't see one person say that. I, personally, offered a 1st round pick for Rielly from Boston with Kassian salary but please go on where Rangers fans consistently rate Lundkvist as still a top10 talent.
11 juill. 2022 à 5 h 14
Banni
and Rangers fans have been saying that Schneider and/or Lundkvist are untouchable even in a JT Miller trade in which one of those guys is a perfectible acceptable return for Miller

most delusional fan base by far from what ive seen
11 juill. 2022 à 5 h 16
Banni
Quoting: ColonelX
Don't understand the landslide Arizona win, that 2025 2nd round pick won't play in the NHL before 2027 if he pans out. Edmonton can now focus on getting a goalie and not waste any more of McDavide, Drai and Hyman's time, their window's now and that move clears up cap to help that. Edmonton wins.

Nice to know you were able to look in a crystal ball and it told you it should only cost a 2nd to dump Kassian. Picks in 2025 are nothing when Drai's UFA in 25 and McDavid's in 26. With Holloway, Lavoie, Bourgault and Savoie coming up soon and their core players inching toward the end of their contracts their window is right now, they have 3 years to make it happen.

Typically fans that dont understand team building but rely on jfresh for their opinions;
ColonelX a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 15 h 30
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 705
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
I didn't see one person say that. I, personally, offered a 1st round pick for Rielly from Boston with Kassian salary but please go on where Rangers fans consistently rate Lundkvist as still a top10 talent.

Don't make me go through this website and find a list of Kassian to the Rangers for value trades, because I can, and it's not worth the time.
11 juill. 2022 à 18 h 16
Evans truther
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
Typically fans that dont understand team building but rely on jfresh for their opinions;

The JFresh cult tears of joy

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage