SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Off-season Discussion Thread - #2

14 juin 2022 à 23 h 30
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,102
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
It's the classic case of: they tried to contend too quickly

Disagree, they just made a bad trade for Chiarot and ran into one of the best teams in the salary cap era
A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
NO ONE is hyped up about him
They also have samoskevich

Guess the hype train died around him

As I remember when those random cat fans were talking about him and Tippett as if they were they next dynamic duo

How the mighty have fallen
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 31
Quoting: aadoyle
And you got to think hes looking at Barkov's deal and going gimmie

As playmakers often get paid big rn

If huberdeau doesn’t take 8-8.5 mill then he won’t be a Florida panther past next season
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Quoting: csick
The dumb GM who gave up a 1st ++ for Chiarot

Oh I will thank them to this day for doing that as not only did I get a good chuckle out of it

It saved us from potentially doing it
csick a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 32
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: Db1899
Disagree, they just made a bad trade for Chiarot and ran into one of the best teams in the salary cap era

Nah, they didn't complete their rebuild, so they didn't have so many pieces, so they traded all their good ones for assess rn like Chiarot, Giroux, Reinhart. Spent their cap on Bob
I do it all the time in franchise mode lol
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 34
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,096
Nah, they didn't complete their rebuild, so they didn't have so many pieces, so they traded all their good ones for assess rn like Chiarot, Giroux, Reinhart. Spent their cap on Bob

The Reinhart trade was good. Should’ve locked him down for more term tho
EsoYeezus69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 35
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: aadoyle
Dont they got that russian kid everyones still hyped about

Denisenko, I think his name is

Zero people are still hyped about Denisenko. Samoskevich is solid, but probably 2 years out. That’s about it.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 37
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: csick
The Reinhart trade was good. Should’ve locked him down for more term tho

They still traded, a 1st and a budding star in Levi. Too quickly transition into contending
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 39

I don’t know what you mean but the panthers were one of the deepest teams in the NHL this seasons. 7 of their forwards had star seasons, they have one of the best top pairs in the league. They won the damn presidents trophy lol how you say they didn’t compete the rebuild.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 40
They still traded, a 1st and a budding star in Levi. Too quickly transition into contending

They traded a late 1st and a goalie prospect who’s a long shot to be a star . You make that trade all day for a PPG winger in his prime
Saskleaf et yikes a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 43
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,216
They traded a late 1st and a goalie prospect who’s a long shot to be a star . You make that trade all day for a PPG winger in his prime

I think Levi will be a good goalie but there is no doubt that Florida came on top with that deal. That's the only good use of a 1st that they had though lol (unless Giroux resigns).
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 46
Quoting: Saskleaf
I think Levi will be a good goalie but there is no doubt that Florida came on top with that deal. That's the only good use of a 1st that they had though lol (unless Giroux resigns).

Goalies are voodoo and so hard to project. Very few are sure things. I thought the Giroux trade made sense even as a rental, Flyers should have gotten more for him tbh. Don’t know what Zito was thinking trading for Chiarot. It went against all of his moves he’s made since becoming GM
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 48
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
I don’t know what you mean but the panthers were one of the deepest teams in the NHL this seasons. 7 of their forwards had star seasons, they have one of the best top pairs in the league. They won the damn presidents trophy lol how you say they didn’t compete the rebuild.

You start a rebuild, you finish it, you don't do half rebuilds, that's what the panthers did, they got some assets, but bot enough For a rebuilding team, when they successfully transitioned into a contending team, they should've stil been in the rebuild. Because they traded all their young players for assets now, which puts them in a terrible position now, for cap space, and from the future, when they'll have nothing left
Take Colorado as an example, they didn't trade everything away, they finished their rebuild, and they still have some assets to this day, unlike florida
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 48
Go leafs go
Goalies are voodoo and so hard to project. Very few are sure things. I thought the Giroux trade made sense even as a rental, Flyers should have gotten more for him tbh. Don’t know what Zito was thinking trading for Chiarot. It went against all of his moves he’s made since becoming GM

Yes goalies are voodoo. But Levi is one of the best goalie prospects out there.

I suppose even as a rental the Giroux trade was fine, but that's still an expensive rental.

And yes the Chariot trade was horrid. You know a player isn't worth it when leafs ACGM never try to add them (in FA at least lol, lots of people tried to trade for him).
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 54
You start a rebuild, you finish it, you don't do half rebuilds, that's what the panthers did, they got some assets, but bot enough For a rebuilding team, when they successfully transitioned into a contending team, they should've stil been in the rebuild. Because they traded all their young players for assets now, which puts them in a terrible position now, for cap space, and from the future, when they'll have nothing left
Take Colorado as an example, they didn't trade everything away, they finished their rebuild, and they still have some assets to this day, unlike florida

Florida didn’t trade all their young players. I don’t know how you can say they rushed things when they literally won the presidents trophy.

If you go by the Athletics Stanley cup contender checklist, the panthers check off almost all the boxes. They are one of the best teams in the NHL who happened to run into the best team in the salary cap era.

The team who scored the most goals in the NHL this season and has a ton of stars and depth did not rush anything. It’s a part of the process
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 56
Yes goalies are voodoo. But Levi is one of the best goalie prospects out there.

I suppose even as a rental the Giroux trade was fine, but that's still an expensive rental.

And yes the Chariot trade was horrid. You know a player isn't worth it when leafs ACGM never try to add them (in FA at least lol, lots of people tried to trade for him).

You can be one of the best goalie prospect but the most likely outcome is hell be an average starter

It was expensive, but Giroux is elite. He should have cost two 1st rd picks
Saskleaf et DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 59

There isn’t a big difference between Florida and Colorado. Colorado didn’t have much playoff success prior to this season, they gave up a lot for Kuemper and traded picks and their top prospects to fill holes . Colorado had a much easier path than Florida. St. Louis , Nashville and Edmonton aren’t on the same level as Tampa
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 23 h 59
Go leafs go
You can be one of the best goalie prospect but the most likely outcome is hell be an average starter

Yes, I know, I'm saying he's basically guarenteed to be a NHL goalie at least though.

Groux was the best rental out there, yes. But don't forget he also got Tippett. I still do't like that price. In general paying a 1st for a rental is a bad idea (believe me I know from experience lol).
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2022 à 0 h 1
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Florida didn’t trade all their young players. I don’t know how you can say they rushed things when they literally won the presidents trophy.

If you go by the Athletics Stanley cup contender checklist, the panthers check off almost all the boxes. They are one of the best teams in the NHL who happened to run into the best team in the salary cap era.

The team who scored the most goals in the NHL this season and has a ton of stars and depth did not rush anything. It’s a part of the process

I'm not taking away from what they did this year, I'm talking about the future. They are good now, next year, and the year after. After that, they're bottom of the league, with no future asessts. Or they could've been bad last year, this year, better next year. And then good fr 7 years straight.
All the things have an affect, their choice to SUCCESSFULLY speed up the rebuild, might not have been such a great choice
15 juin 2022 à 0 h 2
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
There isn’t a big difference between Florida and Colorado. Colorado didn’t have much playoff success prior to this season, they gave up a lot for Kuemper and traded picks and their top prospects to fill holes . Colorado had a much easier path than Florida. St. Louis , Nashville and Edmonton aren’t on the same level as Tampa

But thats because Colorado was still finishing their rebuild, and they still have more future assets than Florida currently
15 juin 2022 à 0 h 3
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM

2 1sts I'd much too much For a rental
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2022 à 0 h 4
Yes, I know, I'm saying he's basically guarenteed to be a NHL goalie at least though.

Groux was the best rental out there, yes. But don't forget he also got Tippett. I still do't like that price. In general paying a 1st for a rental is a bad idea (believe me I know from experience lol).

I agree with you, I still wouldn’t hesitate to trade a goalie prospect for a top line winger.

I’m not a fan of Tippett and Philly for whatever reason wanted him. I don’t think Tippett will be anything more than a bottom 6 winger, he was really bad on the panthers. I think Zito was right for going all in for Giroux, he had every reason to believe they can contend for the cup this year. Again, I still have no idea why he traded for Chiarot
15 juin 2022 à 0 h 11
I'm not taking away from what they did this year, I'm talking about the future. They are good now, next year, and the year after. After that, they're bottom of the league, with no future asessts. Or they could've been bad last year, this year, better next year. And then good fr 7 years straight.
All the things have an affect, their choice to SUCCESSFULLY speed up the rebuild, might not have been such a great choice

There was no path to being bad last season. Too good of a team, even if they stood pat. I don’t think you realize that the panthers were an elite team before trading for guys like Reinhart.

The panthers can easily get high end assets for expendable players because they have a ton of players on great contracts. Lundell is a future star 1C, as soon as next season. Sam Bennett will probably end up being traded and he can return at least a 1st + good young forward. When your team isn’t saddled with bad contracts, you can re coup picks by trading expendable players.

The panthers have almost everything you want in a cup contender. Unless Barkov falls and Ekblad fall off a cliff, they’ll be contenders for the next 5+ years
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2022 à 0 h 13
2 1sts I'd much too much For a rental

It is , but based on Girouxs impact that’s what the price should have been
15 juin 2022 à 0 h 15
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
There was no path to being bad last season. Too good of a team, even if they stood pat. I don’t think you realize that the panthers were an elite team before trading for guys like Reinhart.

The panthers can easily get high end assets for expendable players because they have a ton of players on great contracts. Lundell is a future star 1C, as soon as next season. Sam Bennett will probably end up being traded and he can return at least a 1st + good young forward. When your team isn’t saddled with bad contracts, you can re coup picks by trading expendable players.

The panthers have almost everything you want in a cup contender. Unless Barkov falls and Ekblad fall off a cliff, they’ll be contenders for the next 5+ years

The started the transition to contending last year, and imo it was a bad idea, because the contention with that will only stand for 3 pr 4 years, or they fully completed their rebuild, and they would've contended fro 7 years
Bad decision making

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage