SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #2 - Free Connor Ingram

8 mai 2022 à 10 h 21
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,415
Quoting: mokumboi
I don't think any one kind of game is more exciting. Case by case.

No one? Can you share a link to your comprehensive survey? tears of joy

The most boring games are the ones that are low event and defensive masterclass games are usually low event
8 mai 2022 à 10 h 25
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Zuki9797

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickDeSouza_/status/1522934248210112514?cxt=HHwWhIC5jaioxqIqAAAA
link if it doesn’t work

Having Bunting and Kampf are under contract next year for a combined $2.4 million is a steal
zk97, MitchMarner_16, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 10 h 40
mokumboi
Mentions "j'aime": 11,428
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
The most boring games are the ones that are low event and defensive masterclass games are usually low event

I don't agree with that at all. Playing great defense is an event, bro. It's just not the particular event you want.

Quoting: SevenLeg
Would people have tuned in for an Islanders-Habs cup final last year?

Any people? As in not "no one"? Yes. 100%. Of course. Now give me an actual tough one. tears of joy
8 mai 2022 à 10 h 45
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
I don't agree with that at all. Playing great defense is an event, bro. It's just not the particular event you want.

Any people? As in not "no one"? Yes. 100%. Of course. Now give me an actual tough one. tears of joy

its subjective but id rather watch a 7-6 barnburner with lots of chances than a 1-0 trapfest with one a few quality chances
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 10 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Calgary can’t do crap against a rookie goalie and 1 line team lmaooooo
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 0
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: Canesfan21_

Oettinger played 29 games last year and did well so I wouldn't call him a rookie but yeah, Calgary's having their annual playoff failure right now
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 3
mokumboi
Quoting: DirtyDangle
its subjective but id rather watch a 7-6 barnburner with lots of chances than a 1-0 trapfest with one a few quality chances

Heh. Well, as long as you're not exaggerating for effect... tears of joy

A defensive struggle and a trapfest are not the same thing, and not just because defensive struggles can actually have plenty of chances. But I guess this is why soccer will never capture the masses in America and Canada. People are too impatient to enjoy the building tension and strategy, they want Disney fireworks and 44 oz. of Code Red pumped into their veins at strict three-minute intervals.
justaBoss et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 3
Oettinger played 29 games last year and did well so I wouldn't call him a rookie but yeah, Calgary's having their annual playoff failure right now

Yeah and he’s like Nedeljkovic who was still technically a rookie even after being a Calder finalist, if they lose this series it’s time to make big changes that’s for sure.
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 6
mokumboi

I would credit Dallas more than you are here. Quite a bit more. Come playoff time, they're usually a tough nut to crack no matter who you are.
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 7
SHL NJD GM
Yeah and he’s like Nedeljkovic who was still technically a rookie even after being a Calder finalist, if they lose this series it’s time to make big changes that’s for sure.

Nope, rookie cut-off is 25 games, Ned played 23, Oet 29
TZ11, justaBoss, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,946

A defensive struggle and a trapfest are not the same thing, and not just because defensive struggles can actually have plenty of chances. But I guess this is why soccer will never capture the masses in America and Canada. People are too impatient to enjoy the building tension and strategy, they want Disney fireworks and 44 oz. of Code Red pumped into their veins at strict three-minute intervals.

I don't think that's the one reason why it isn't as popular in NA. There are multiple reasons but the sport being low-event at times is definitely a factor for some. The games are also relatively long for a sport with a lot of low-scoring games. And I know current-day soccer/football is disliked by people because of things like diving and players over-exaggerating a (sometimes non-existent) injury.

High scoring isn't automatically something good either. For example: I'm not a huge basketball fan. I always feel like a lot of the game is irrelevant until the final minutes which makes watching it boring for me. I think a good mix of both is good. My favourite Hockey games are those close 4-3/3-2 games with two amazing defensive performances and a lot of smart offensive plays that turn into a few goals.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, mokumboi and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 15
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,471

Lmao
EsoYeezus69 et mokumboi a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 27
retired
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761

.. or oversimplifying it.

baseball and golf are just as slow probably even slower than soccer yet americans and canadians enjoy both. so i dont think that's it.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 28
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
Quoting: aadoyle
I feel Devils should go get a goalie rather than another wing

While he would be nice adding him wont change much. Score a few more goals but as long as defense and goaltending aint doing good gonna have issues.

They can do both. Defense is solid and they won’t have to spend much in terms of assets to get a goaltender. They can probably trade Zacha+ for Samsonov or sign Kuemper
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 39
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Having Bunting and Kampf are under contract next year for a combined $2.4 million is a steal

I didn’t know what we were getting when we signed kampf. I had no clue what to expect. I’ve been super surprised and impressed with him. He’s super reliable defensively
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 43
Nope, rookie cut-off is 25 games, Ned played 23, Oet 29

I didn’t know that
8 mai 2022 à 11 h 43
Saskoiler for now
Mentions "j'aime": 9,243
I don't think any one kind of game is more exciting. Case by case.

Like I said, it’s a matter of opinion, but the vast majority of people prefer high offence games. Like @SevrnLeg said, having Tampa make it over the isles.

No one? Can you share a link to your comprehensive survey? tears of joy
8 mai 2022 à 12 h 6
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,471

Rip Bruins
EsoYeezus69, yikes, Saskleaf and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 12 h 12
mokumboi
Quoting: DirtyDangle
.. or oversimplifying it.

baseball and golf are just as slow probably even slower than soccer yet americans and canadians enjoy both. so i dont think that's it.

1- Of course, it's a generalization, but it's a pretty fair one with some actual research behind it.

2- True, but baseball and golf are different types of sports. And golf kinda has a different demo, the "lots of free time and disposable income" crowd. They're not in the "true possession battle, end-to-end, one goal type thing at each end, whichever team puts the thing in that other thing the most wins" sports like hockey, soccer and basketball. But yeah, lots of people prefer track meets to tense struggles in those sports.
8 mai 2022 à 12 h 18
mokumboi
Quoting: TZ11
I don't think that's the one reason why it isn't as popular in NA. There are multiple reasons but the sport being low-event at times is definitely a factor for some. The games are also relatively long for a sport with a lot of low-scoring games. And I know current-day soccer/football is disliked by people because of things like diving and players over-exaggerating a (sometimes non-existent) injury.

High scoring isn't automatically something good either. For example: I'm not a huge basketball fan. I always feel like a lot of the game is irrelevant until the final minutes which makes watching it boring for me. I think a good mix of both is good. My favourite Hockey games are those close 4-3/3-2 games with two amazing defensive performances and a lot of smart offensive plays that turn into a few goals.

1- Of course it's not the only reason. Some folks even have a weird political thing about it. But in the research that has been done, it's generally a clear #1 reason. Or maybe it's just the easiest one to point to/articulate.

2- Totally agree. That's the sweet spot.
TZ11 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 12 h 29
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: justaBoss

Rip Bruins

Welp, RIP Bruins, you just lost your best D before a pivotal game. ( Also NHL only tests symptomatic players so if he had symptoms and tested positive, which you’d have to assume is the case, nothing the league can do there )
justaBoss et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 12 h 36
mokumboi
Quoting: justaBoss

Rip Bruins

Haaaaaarsh. And Dom still picked them today. Dude never learns.
justaBoss et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 mai 2022 à 12 h 36
mokumboi
What will the Blues look like today? I have no earthly idea. I'm not sure they do, either.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-wild-game-4-projected-lineup/c-333862224
8 mai 2022 à 12 h 42
SHL NJD GM
What will the Blues look like today? I have no earthly idea. I'm not sure they do, either.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-wild-game-4-projected-lineup/c-333862224

Blues are in trouble if their defence can't be healthy, Scandella, Mikkola, Rosen as a Left side doesn't really inspire confidence, having Steven Santini in the lineup doesn't either ( assuming CF depth chart is correct )
8 mai 2022 à 12 h 46
mokumboi
Blues are in trouble if their defence can't be healthy, Scandella, Mikkola, Rosen as a Left side doesn't really inspire confidence, having Steven Santini in the lineup doesn't either ( assuming CF depth chart is correct )

Santini was actually very solid against Colorado in emergency duty in last year's playoffs. I think the one they need back most is Leddy, just for the puck movement. Rosen is actually pretty decent at it, but he gets timid too often. But yeah, Mikkola definitely needs to play better on the puck regardless of who's in.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage