Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/ARI) - Ritchie, 2nd for Dzingel, Lyubushkin

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

20 févr. 2022 à 12 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,730
I think this is an easy win for Tor. I honestly don't know what ARI was thinking here. Assuming ARI chooses the 3rd just because 2025 pick is simply too far in the future, TOR effectively got rid of Ritchie's contract and got a player they wanted in Lybushkin all in the same process. I mean this trade is very insignificant at the end of the day but I don't see the reasoning here at all for ARI, I do for Tor.
capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 12 h 41
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Modifié 20 févr. 2022 à 13 h 54
Quoting: F50marco
I think this is an easy win for Tor. I honestly don't know what ARI was thinking here. Assuming ARI chooses the 3rd just because 2025 pick is simply too far in the future, TOR effectively got rid of Ritchie's contract and got a player they wanted in Lybushkin all in the same process. I mean this trade is very insignificant at the end of the day but I don't see the reasoning here at all for ARI, I do for Tor.

Quoting: aadoyle
Its a 2025 2nd. I dont think Coyotes are gonna wait lul

2023 is a deep draft. Probs gonna take the 3rd as we got no idea whose in 2025.

The 2025 2nd will be very high without Tavares and Matthews...

This is not a coïncidence!
capsfan2121 et McGruff a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 12 h 49
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 262
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
They still won’t be able to sell out what’s worst.

Yes they will. Will be one of the better/more unique atmospheres in the league
20 févr. 2022 à 12 h 54
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: desertdog111

ept_sports_nhl_experts-443726066-1287755889.jpg

This is what they’ll get, at least with the smaller arena it won’t seem as bad.

Though it’s a little embarrassing to have less attendance than a backup QMJHL arena.

Will bring a new aspect that could be entertaining for the league though, that I can agree with you.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 13 h 3
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271

Like I figured, Leafs don't even see Dzingel as an NHL player.
KennyBoi a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 13 h 11
WentWughes
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Ritchie = 4th to dump
Lybushkin = 3rd
Dzingel = 4th.
3rd + 4th + 4th > 2nd 2025
Toronto fleeces coyotes

He's on waivers today... he's not worth a 4th lol
draft_em_sign_em_trade_em, KennyBoi, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 13 h 11
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He's on waivers today... he's not worth a 4th lol

He is.
20 févr. 2022 à 13 h 14
WentWughes
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
He is.

If he was worth a 4th, he wouldn't be on waivers. He's worth a 6th or 7th max.
20 févr. 2022 à 13 h 52
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
ept_sports_nhl_experts-443726066-1287755889.jpg

This is what they’ll get, at least with the smaller arena it won’t seem as bad.

Though it’s a little embarrassing to have less attendance than a backup QMJHL arena.

Will bring a new aspect that could be entertaining for the league though, that I can agree with you.

LOL this pic is so old it’s still called Jobing.com arena. Hasn’t been called that in nearly 10 years.

People really don’t understand the demographics of the Phoenix area. All of the fans are on the East side of the Valley (Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler) and Gila River is on the northwest side and is generally a sh*t hole (for lack of a better term). Moving them to the east side along with a winning team they will sell out every game, both in the 5000 seat ASU arena and the (pending) new arena in Tempe.
20 févr. 2022 à 13 h 57
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Quoting: desertdog111

No disrespect, I understand what you mean, but it would only be true with a decent team. Losing a game makes a ****ty atmosphere whatever the size of the arena.
EsoYeezus69, capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 14 h 3
Quoting: jpsnow13
No disrespect, I understand what you mean, but it would only be true with a decent team. Losing a game makes a ****ty atmosphere whatever the size of the arena.

That’s true. Phoenix is especially bad about being a front running town (look at the suns attendance a couple years ago versus now). In theory, the end of their tenure at ASU should coincide with the team turning the corner, so the last year could be a rocking barn if everything goes to plan.

But doesn’t change the fact that the building will likely be sold out every game. They average nearly 12k now in a significantly worse location, people saying they won’t sell it out are either trolling or willfully ignorant (or both)
20 févr. 2022 à 14 h 10
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Dzingel on waivers...that aged well!
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 14 h 54
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
Modifié 20 févr. 2022 à 15 h 2
Like I said in an earlier post, last TDL Dubas traded a 5th and 6th for depth players in R. Nash and B. Hutton. This year he trades a 2nd for depth players in Dzingel and Lubeskin.

Sounds like a loss to me.

Now if Dubas had signed Bunting to $2.5 and Ritchie to $1.25 and Kase to 900k instead, we wouldn't be having this conversation about cash dumping the summer mistake.

Speaking of cash dumping summer mistakes, up next is Mrazek.

Dubas is a mistake machine, from bad signings and trades and Drafting tiny dancers.
KSIxSKULLS et KennyBoi a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 14 h 58
WentWughes
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Like I said in an earlier post, last TDL Dubas traded a 5th and 6th for depth players in R. Nash and B. Hutton. This year he trades a 2nd for depth players in Dzingel and Lubeskin.

Now if Dubas had signed Bunting to $2.5 and Ritchie to 900k instead, we wouldn't be having this conversation about cash dumping the summer mistake.

I think it works well for both teams. Leaf fans seem to be forgetting that Dubas was the one who signed him to that awful contract. Threw away a 2nd round pick, but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
20 févr. 2022 à 15 h 7
I think it works well for both teams. Leaf fans seem to be forgetting that Dubas was the one who signed him to that awful contract. Threw away a 2nd round pick, but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Looking at the Leafs Draft board and seeing the few blue chip prospects they own, just throwing away a 2nd Rd pick for a team that isn't even a Conference Final contender is a mistake.

Last year's TDL was an epic failure, 1st, 3rd, two 4th, 5th and 6th traded away for 4 rentals who were no better than Engvall or Dermott or Hutchinson on the depth charts.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 15 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,952
Quoting: McGruff
Dzingel on waivers...that aged well!

More cap space so more W's lul

As 1.1mill can be buried easier than 2.5mill lul

And if he gets claimed 1.1mill in extra space.
20 févr. 2022 à 15 h 18
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: jpsnow13
The 2025 2nd will be very high without Tavares and Matthews...

This is not a coïncidence!

Tavares is still a leaf though lul

His deal expires in 2025 yes but hes still a leaf for the season.
20 févr. 2022 à 15 h 49
WentWughes
Looking at the Leafs Draft board and seeing the few blue chip prospects they own, just throwing away a 2nd Rd pick for a team that isn't even a Conference Final contender is a mistake.

Last year's TDL was an epic failure, 1st, 3rd, two 4th, 5th and 6th traded away for 4 rentals who were no better than Engvall or Dermott or Hutchinson on the depth charts.

The only thing the Leafs have going for them is they don't miss very often in the top 3 rounds so they can afford to do it. I don't think Dubas's job is as secure as people think though. 1st round exit this year and I think Dubas is gone. And they have to beat Tampa or Florida to do so.
20 févr. 2022 à 16 h 2
The only thing the Leafs have going for them is they don't miss very often in the top 3 rounds so they can afford to do it. I don't think Dubas's job is as secure as people think though. 1st round exit this year and I think Dubas is gone. And they have to beat Tampa or Florida to do so.

Another thing that is being overlooked, how does Sandin and Lily enjoy the constant Leaf to Marlies callups and downs... it must be hurting their development/confidence.
20 févr. 2022 à 16 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Another thing that is being overlooked, how does Sandin and Lily enjoy the constant Leaf to Marlies callups and downs... it must be hurting their development/confidence.

Sandin has been fine lul along with Liligren. The players understand its for cap reasons. Besides on offdays they go down get us space and get called up for the game day the next day no harm no foul they still play the game and and gain more experience and play time

Like going from 733k to around 1.5 mill max in space makes it worth. As then you move Dermott and get 3mill to spend.
20 févr. 2022 à 16 h 50
Quoting: aadoyle
Sandin has been fine lul along with Liligren. The players understand its for cap reasons. Besides on offdays they go down get us space and get called up for the game day the next day no harm no foul they still play the game and and gain more experience and play time

Like going from 733k to around 1.5 mill max in space makes it worth. As then you move Dermott and get 3mill to spend.

But isn't there a limited number amount in which you can call players up and down, or is that only after the TDL.
20 févr. 2022 à 17 h 24
Hakuna Matata
But isn't there a limited number amount in which you can call players up and down, or is that only after the TDL.

I believe its after the TDL.

Cause Toronto was doing it a bunch with Barabanov and Lehtonen before they got traded.
20 févr. 2022 à 23 h 5
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191

Now if Dubas had signed Bunting to $2.5 and Ritchie to $1.25 and Kase to 900k instead, we wouldn't be having this conversation about cash dumping the summer mistake.

Speaking of cash dumping summer mistakes, up next is Mrazek.

Dubas is a mistake machine, from bad signings and trades and Drafting tiny dancers.

First of all it’s absurd to knock Dubas on drafting since most of his draft pick are well in trajectory to make nhl impact.

Second of all, Lybusk>Hutton and Ritchie had lots of negative value.
21 févr. 2022 à 8 h 0
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
slight win for the leafs. both teams got what they wanted. leafs dumped cap and yotes got picks but since ritchie has a back loaded deal i give a slight win to the leafs. if the yotes take the 2nd it's pretty close.
drambui et capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 13 h 6
GoJetsGo
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Quoting: F50marco

I think the big thing here for the Yotes is that Ritchie's 2.5 means nothing to them since they'll be loaded with space this offseason. Considering Dzingle's on waivers it essentially turns into a potential 2nd for Lyubushkin, which is probably better value than they would have gotten around the league.

I don't buy the idea that 2025 is "too far" because in 2 years time that pick is going to be valued like a normal 2nd. Considering the scorched earth approach the Coyotes have taken, I think Armstrong fully expects to still be there in 5 years, meaning the 2nd rounder is still within his timeline. I think the misunderstanding people have is that they think the Coyotes have to actually develop a player with that pick, when in reality, they should be pushing for the playoffs by then and could dangle that 2nd to add someone at the deadline/in the summer.
Also as KSIxSKULLS mentioned, the ROI is higher for farther out picks

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage