SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Discussion Thread #11

24 janv. 2022 à 11 h 39
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yandle shouldn't even have reached this, he's been ass but people are playing him because he's close to the record, not because he deserves to get the record

Same with Marleau, he had 0 reason to get to most games played in NHL history. He was complete ass for the last 120 GP of his career.
A_Habs_fan, zk97, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Same with Marleau, he had 0 reason to get to most games played in NHL history. He was complete ass for the last 120 GP of his career.

Have to agree there
24 janv. 2022 à 11 h 42
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Yandle shouldn't even have reached this, he's been ass but people are playing him because he's close to the record, not because he deserves to get the record

More or less, although up until this year he's been good enough. Just not worth his earlier contract.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 11 h 47
WentWughes

What's insane (I just heard on the 32 Thoughts Podcast) Kessel is only 23 games behind Yandle. So even if Yandle gets this record, he could easily lose it in a 1/4 of a season to Kessel.
A_Habs_fan, SevenLeg, zk97 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 11 h 48
Quoting: justaBoss
More or less, although up until this year he's been good enough. Just not worth his earlier contract.

Eh, Yandle's only been good as an powerplay guy, he's been horrible everywhere else
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 3
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
What's insane (I just heard on the 32 Thoughts Podcast) Kessel is only 23 games behind Yandle. So even if Yandle gets this record, he could easily lose it in a 1/4 of a season to Kessel.

Just imagine being so physically conditioned you can play almost 1000 professional hockey games straight
zk97, capsfan2121, KSIxSKULLS and 3 others a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 5
WentWughes
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Just imagine being so physically conditioned you can play almost 1000 professional hockey games straight

All you need to do is eat hotdogs all day and not workout!
NoVaSpartan, A_Habs_fan, MitchMarner_16 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 6
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,742
@capsfan2121 proposed a Kane conversation, so I thought I would bring it here for discussion. I have a couple things I'm interested to see people's opinion on, I'll list them here.

1. Who do you think is the better fit of the 2 proposed Kane suitors at this time, Edmonton or Washington?

2. Do you think the risk of signing Evander is worth it for either team?

3. Do you think he could play himself back into a big contract in the offseason?
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 11
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
capsfan2121 proposed a Kane conversation, so I thought I would bring it here for discussion. I have a couple things I'm interested to see people's opinion on, I'll list them here.

1. Who do you think is the better fit of the 2 proposed Kane suitors at this time, Edmonton or Washington?

3. Do you think he could play himself back into a big contract in the offseason?

1. Washington, better leadership group imo, also less travelling at the border and looser Covid rules
2. Edmonton no, Washington maybe
3. no, he's too risky and is the NHL's Antonio Brown, he'll sign cheap deals with contending teams and the way he'll get money is bonuses that way he has to "behave"
zk97 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 11
WentWughes
capsfan2121 proposed a Kane conversation, so I thought I would bring it here for discussion. I have a couple things I'm interested to see people's opinion on, I'll list them here.

1. Edmonton easily. McDavid needs a finishing winger to play with and Kane is perfect for him. He's almost Taylor Hall 2.0 that McDavid never got to play with. Even if by some miracle, he doesn't work with McDavid, you move him to Draisaitl's wing and he will work there. With Ovechkin, Washington doesn't really need him. He'd be best suited as their 2nd line LW, but there's less opportunity there for him.

2. Washington, no. Edmonton yes. There is a lot riding on the line this year. McDavid + Draisaitl are both disgruntled and the only thing they care about right now is winning. You're on the verge of losing your 2 stars player and your own job (GM). You easily do it.

3. Yes, He 100% plays this game for the money. He'll will take the highest offer.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 12
What in tarnation

1. Edmonton. WSH has enough wingers already.

2. No. Kane is a locker room cancer and usually the teams he's part of end up sucking. There has to be a reason why the guy has made the playoffs only twice in his career and in both of those times he hasn't been a major factor in the playoffs. I suppose since there's no payout from the playoffs he just doesn't care enough.

3. He should get a big contract, but by Russia's standards. That guy is great for KHL where the whole league, despite the talent it involves, is more or less a joke.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 20
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,097

100%, you can say the same thing about Chara. It's not impressive when you're hurting your team every game on your way to breaking a games played record. Joe Thornton being effective at age 42 is impressive, Jagr was borderline elite when he was 40 and playing in the NHL.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 21
WentWughes
Quoting: Db1899
100%, you can say the same thing about Chara. It's not impressive when you're hurting your team every game on your way to breaking a games played record. Joe Thornton being effective at age 42 is impressive, Jagr was borderline elite when he was 40 and playing in the NHL.

The thing is, Chara is actually effective in the league as a 3rd line shutdown defensemen. Not his fault the Islanders think he's a #1 defensemen.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 24
The thing is, Chara is actually effective in the league as a 3rd line shutdown defensemen. Not his fault the Islanders think he's a #1 defensemen.

Chara isn't good enough to be a 7th defenseman in the NHL at this point in his career, He has been one of the worst defensieman in the league this season. He can't skate, his gap control is terrible, and he takes a bunch of penalties because he's frustrated that he doesn't have what it takes to be an NHL player. If he was a true leader, he would retire. This season should be a stain on his legacy when he does go on to break the games played record for a defenseman.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 29
What in tarnation
Quoting: Db1899
Chara isn't good enough to be a 7th defenseman in the NHL at this point in his career, He has been one of the worst defensieman in the league this season. He can't skate, his gap control is terrible, and he takes a bunch of penalties because he's frustrated that he doesn't have what it takes to be an NHL player. If he was a true leader, he would retire. This season should be a stain on his legacy when he does go on to break the games played record for a defenseman.

You know even if I agree that Chara is done, it's sort of impressive to see that his plus/minus is still a positive one, considering how meh the Islanders have been this year.

Obviously not the greatest stat to evaluate on, but still something.
capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 33
WentWughes
You know even if I agree that Chara is done, it's sort of impressive to see that his plus/minus is still a positive one, considering how meh the Islanders have been this year.

His advanced stats really aren't that bad besides his ability to take penalties (as mentioned above).
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 35
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,742

I'll give my own opinions on this.

1. Edmonton definitely needs his talent more, but I think Washington is better for controlling him (like @a_habs_fan said, an Antonio Brown situation)

2. I think it could be worth it for both teams.
For Edmonton, they can't get much worse, and he could bring a great scoring touch to McDavid's wing.
For Washington, I've gone back and forth but he would be great secondary scoring, something we seem to be lacking with the absence of Mantha. The wing situation will be... an interesting one, but perhaps this is one where Oshie can move to the 3rd line to help McMichael.

3. I don't think it's likely for many teams, but I could see either a team lower in the standings, or perhaps Edmonton if he preforms well there giving him a decent contract.
A_Habs_fan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 38

Playing with Noah Dobson + Ryan Pulock is the reason for that, plus Chara has a high PDO. On-ice save percentage is 94.28% despite Chara allowing a ton of high danger chances against.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 41
His advanced stats really aren't that bad besides his ability to take penalties (as mentioned above).

He has a negative impact offensively and defensively at even strength.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 42
WentWughes

You love to hear it.

Price should start at a 1st
zk97, capsfan2121 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 44

You love to hear it.

Price should start at a 1st

Hughes and Gorton are geniuses if they can get 1sts for both Lehkonen and Chiarot
KSIxSKULLS, capsfan2121, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 45
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Hughes and Gorton are geniuses if they can get 1sts for both Lehkonen and Chiarot

Playing the market. What both players bring is in demand at a lot of places.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 54
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,496
Friedman said the Leafs were super high on Chiarot and they tried hard to bring him as UFA, but couldn't make the cap work.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 58
WentWughes
Quoting: SevenLeg
Friedman said the Leafs were super high on Chiarot and they tried hard to bring him as UFA, but couldn't make the cap work.

Nick Robertson + 2022 1st for Chiarot lmao imagine
zk97, A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN and 3 others a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2022 à 12 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: SevenLeg

why tho? When muzzin comes back our defence is absolutely fine. Nobody banks on injury and chiarot would be a super expensive 4th/5th D

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage