SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Discussion Thread #10 - Happy New Year!

15 janv. 2022 à 12 h 29
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,835
In regards to an already quiet trade market/ season - Elliotte Friedman said yesterday that many teams have reportedly expressed interest in starting their "transitions (their trades and what not)" after the season - like draft day and beyond.

So with already a potentially quiet trade season - San Jose Sharks have also reportedly MADE AN OFFER to Tomas Hertl who has 31 points in 38 games (with only 8 PP points). Which fingers crossed for the Sharks - could take away the biggest ticket from the deadline.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 12 h 31
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: justaBoss
In hindsight everyone should've taken Makar, no matter what draft position.

Glad that my Stars got the second best option with Heiskanen.

I’m gonna play devils advocate on this one, if you were to swap Makar and Heiskanen, Heiskanen would be the better of the two.

Look at both of their teams. One plays constantly with the best line in hockey which has arguably the best player in the league on it (still believe it’s McDavid, but there’s an argument for Mack), is played on PP1, and is played with one of the most underrated two dman in the game (thanks Lou). The other plays with grit grinders who vary from 4th line NHL’ers to 4th line ECHL’ers (shoutout to Blake Comeau who played with Heiskanen during all his time in Dallas), is on PP2 with less fortunate offensive talent (forget to mention that Makar plays on one of the best PP in the league), and plays with a worse defensive partner.

I didn’t even mention the most important part which is: coaching/system. Dallas has the worst coach in the league and it really isn’t up for debate and their system is the worst that ever existed (I have a burning hatred for dump and chase), while the other plays for a good coach who knows his stuff.

Makar has been given royalty while Heiskanen has been given basically Prison, yet Makar is only a little bit better than Miro. Switch roles and I’m positive that it would be different.
15 janv. 2022 à 12 h 37
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
I think all teams that drafted before COL in 2017 regret not taking Makar to some extent.

100%, but his scouts explicitly advised him to draft makar and he said nah.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, justaBoss and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 18
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,453
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I’m gonna play devils advocate on this one, if you were to swap Makar and Heiskanen, Heiskanen would be the better of the two.

Look at both of their teams. One plays constantly with the best line in hockey which has arguably the best player in the league on it (still believe it’s McDavid, but there’s an argument for Mack), is played on PP1, and is played with one of the most underrated two dman in the game (thanks Lou). The other plays with grit grinders who vary from 4th line NHL’ers to 4th line ECHL’ers (shoutout to Blake Comeau who played with Heiskanen during all his time in Dallas), is on PP2 with less fortunate offensive talent (forget to mention that Makar plays on one of the best PP in the league), and plays with a worse defensive partner.

I didn’t even mention the most important part which is: coaching/system. Dallas has the worst coach in the league and it really isn’t up for debate and their system is the worst that ever existed (I have a burning hatred for dump and chase), while the other plays for a good coach who knows his stuff.

Makar has been given royalty while Heiskanen has been given basically Prison, yet Makar is only a little bit better than Miro. Switch roles and I’m positive that it would be different.

Perhaps. It's very hard to say. Even though I love Heiskanen, Makar has been the No. 1 D-man in COL since the day one he played his first game there. He came in at playoffs and basically didn't need any time to settle. He was ready from the get go.

Both Cale and Miro did wait a year until making their debut and it certainly worked in their favor. Hard to say which one is better at the end of the day because while yes Miro plays for a worse team than Cale does, Cale has bigger competition in terms of quality in his team.

I don't think I agree with the notion of us having the worst coach in the league as he has spent the longest time in the league of all coaches ever, but I think his time is over. We need a fresh face behind the bench. The current system isn't doing anyone any favors.
EsoYeezus69 et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 19
What in tarnation
Quoting: Juiceman
I know Pettersson is having a down year but Makar>Pettersson>Heiskanen

I definitely disagree with that. Miro and Cale are clear above the rest as of now.
EsoYeezus69, yikes, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 23
What in tarnation
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
100%, but his scouts explicitly advised him to draft makar and he said nah.

On the plus side Fletcher has managed to "correct" Hextall's mistake by effectively changing Patrick to Ryan Ellis, who is more or less a top pair D-man.

Still, Hextall was plain old bad. And so is the Flyers as of now.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 31
Jinx god
Miro and Cale

This sounds like a restaurant name for some reason tears of joy.
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 39
Jinx god
TLigojJ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

This is essentially what happened last night.
McGruff, A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 45
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702

That is an A-plus-plus-plus analysis!
EsoYeezus69, yikes, A_Habs_fan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 47
EklundCelebriniSmith
I definitely disagree with that. Miro and Cale are clear above the rest as of now.

Yeah with Petterssons abysmal year you can’t think he holds any water in the league right now.
EsoYeezus69 et McGruff a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 49
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503
Who remembers Reid Boucher? He disgusts me
yikes, EsoYeezus69, Devil and 2 others a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 51
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: SevenLeg

This story is fukcin brutal, yes I remember him
15 janv. 2022 à 14 h 59
Jinx god

Saw that story, it’s really disgusting.

But no I do not remember him, he’s more irrelevant than Comeau.
SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 15 h 9
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

I do unfortunately
Not a good player and even worse person
Hopes he gets locked up in jail

Its crazy the Canucks had him, Leipsic, and Virtanen all on the same team
A_Habs_fan, SevenLeg et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 15 h 29
GM CRIME DAWG
Marchand just hit Fabbro into next week.
3-3 in the 3rd NSH-BOS tilt is everything (* physical *) that DAL-FLA was NOT!
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 15 h 36
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403

Lmao, i'm dead
EsoYeezus69 et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 15 h 40
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403
Quoting: Devil1122
I do unfortunately
Not a good player and even worse person
Hopes he gets locked up in jail

Its crazy the Canucks had him, Leipsic, and Virtanen all on the same team

Yeah, thank god Boucher isn't in the NHL anymore because that's bad

Lol, so I guess the Canucks can't judge character? Boucher, Leipsic and Virtanen on the same team... ouch
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 15 h 44
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yeah, thank god Boucher isn't in the NHL anymore because that's bad

Lol, so I guess the Canucks can't judge character? Boucher, Leipsic and Virtanen on the same team... ouch

The thing is the Canucks probably didn’t even know about these things. The Virtanen case just came up a few months ago and I’m pretty sure he hasn’t even been found guilty. As for Leipsic and Boucher, they were hardly ever on the team and they both only got exposed not long ago.
A_Habs_fan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 15 h 57
GM CRIME DAWG
I know NSH lost in OT but they look for real - think the short re-build-on-the-fly is over!

Hall got the OT marker...he has 14 pts in last 13Gms
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 16 h 14
GM CRIME DAWG
The Canucks 'Brucey honeymoon' is officially over, done & done!
Of course they should have embraced the tank.
But the lousy blueberry wine farmer-owner stepped in, again.
Should have booked those 14pts w/ BB as L's and not W's and be in line to pick 2/3/4 and not #10 currently...
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 16 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Quoting: McGruff
I know NSH lost in OT but they look for real - think the short re-build-on-the-fly is over!

Hall got the OT marker...he has 14 pts in last 13Gms

Nashville could be very dangerous when we consider they got 20mill in cap space this year and 20+ next season and only need to bring back Forsberg and extend a few depth guys. At the deadline they could go spend on some better depth and just go nuts in the post season.

We could be seeing the 2018 version of them where they terrorized the NHL till meeting the Penguins

Thats why I have them as a Dark horse.
McGruff, yikes et zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 16 h 26
GM CRIME DAWG
Modifié 15 janv. 2022 à 16 h 34
Quoting: aadoyle
Nashville could be very dangerous when we consider they got 20mill in cap space this year and 20+ next season and only need to bring back Forsberg. At the deadline they could go spend on some better depth and just go nuts in the post season.

We could be seeing the 2018 version of them where they terrorized the NHL till meeting the Penguins

Yeah Cap can be king in the next few weeks/months into playoffs...& then draft/TDL too.
That was a great game today.
Too turn-over sloppy sometimes sure but had a playoff feel. When the 'wind changed' from a skilled game to a hitting-fest - both clubs answered the bell!

Edit - Forsberg still on IR so him coming back will be like a major trade addition...
yikes a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 16 h 50
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,102

yikes, EsoYeezus69 et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 16 h 55
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: McGruff
The Canucks 'Brucey honeymoon' is officially over, done & done!
Of course they should have embraced the tank.
But the lousy blueberry wine farmer-owner stepped in, again.
Should have booked those 14pts w/ BB as L's and not W's and be in line to pick 2/3/4 and not #10 currently...

Quoting: aadoyle
Nashville could be very dangerous when we consider they got 20mill in cap space this year and 20+ next season and only need to bring back Forsberg and extend a few depth guys. At the deadline they could go spend on some better depth and just go nuts in the post season.

Nashville is the scariest team in the league imo. Poiles job was actually in risk, pitchforks were being sharpened.

They went from everyone's basement dweller on the pre season predictions to basically a playoff lock already (the top 4 teams in the central basically are locks barring an implosion).

That cap space PAIRED with Josi, Forsberg, three centers actually playing good hockey (Duchene, Granlund, Johansen), Tolvanen Kunin, and some underrated D pieces and a vezina caliber Saros.
Thats lethal, that lineup plus 20mil in cap space and some expendable prospects in their system means Poile can do just about WHATEVER he wants. Its pretty shocking.

We could legitimately see Nashville be the team who holds all the power by March on the market in terms of getting anyone they want.
McGruff et zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 16 h 58
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: yikes
Nashville is the scariest team in the league imo. Poiles job was actually in risk, pitchforks were being sharpened.

They went from everyone's basement dweller on the pre season predictions to basically a playoff lock already (the top 4 teams in the central basically are locks barring an implosion).

That cap space PAIRED with Josi, Forsberg, three centers actually playing good hockey (Duchene, Granlund, Johansen), Tolvanen Kunin, and some underrated D pieces and a vezina caliber Saros.
Thats lethal, that lineup plus 20mil in cap space and some expendable prospects in their system means Poile can do just about WHATEVER he wants. Its pretty shocking.

We could legitimately see Nashville be the team who holds all the power by March on the market in terms of getting anyone they want.

Team just gotta put the brakes on being the "WSH Caps" & get 16W's when it really matters!
zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage