2021/2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread - #5

16 nov. 2021 à 12 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,035
Quoting: Gmonwy
Also Senators legend

and Kings legend

Honestly happiest moment was when they shipped him off to Ottawa. That happiness died the moment Hunter decides lets draft some giant useless Dman over idk Batherson
16 nov. 2021 à 12 h 41
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: aadoyle
and Kings legend

Honestly happiest moment was when they shipped him off to Ottawa. That happiness died the moment Hunter decides lets draft some giant useless Dman over idk Batherson

What? You realize Rasanen (presumably that’s who you’re referring to) was drafted 62 picks before Batherson right? Like, that might be the most hindsight-driven comment I’ve ever seen. It’s not like Batherson was the BPA and the next selection.
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 12 h 47
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

In other news Per Friedman:
Hearing VAN owner Francesco Aquilini to meet with GM Jim Benning this afternoon. Neither individual will comment, but from what I understand, this is a meeting to understand why the team is losing and address it, not to make a change at the position.

Benning is a cat, nine lives
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 12 h 51
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,745
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Hearing VAN owner Francesco Aquilini to meet with GM Jim Benning this afternoon. Neither individual will comment, but from what I understand, this is a meeting to understand why the team is losing and address it, not to make a change at the position.

In other new Aquilini is the first person in the world currently living without a spine. The only reason I can think of that Benning is there is that he intimidates Aquilini.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Alfie11
What? You realize Rasanen (presumably that’s who you’re referring to) was drafted 62 picks before Batherson right? Like, that might be the most hindsight-driven comment I’ve ever seen. It’s not like Batherson was the BPA and the next selection.

Rasanen was a draft pick even the TSN hosts had to scramble to find out who he was or why he was drafted as high as he was lul. Projections had him going late in the third round/ early 4th round but Hunter was like nah lets take him as with his size he will be an amazing shutdown Dman. Well that pick aged well didnt it lul. And the ironic thing about this was Hunter usually preferred drafting large forwards in the top 3 rounds and in the draft 3 notable ones were Batherson, Geekie, and Entwistle. Anyways good thing hes gone as man his draft record was terrible besides the top guys.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 2
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
In other new Aquilini is the first person in the world currently living without a spine. The only reason I can think of that Benning is there is that he intimidates Aquilini.

bim jenning going to throw the coach under the bus. starting to think neither are surviving this season.
MitchMarner_16 et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 4
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,678
I was just offered Hughes on his ELC for 2 1sts and Valimaki in NHL 21. I have to take it right?
BuFfaLOFaN et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 8
torontos finest
I was just offered Hughes on his ELC for 2 1sts and Valimaki in NHL 21. I have to take it right?

Where are you in the standings?

If you're in the playoff position, take it.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 9
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: mondo
Where are you in the standings?

If you're in the playoff position, take it.

Im in TDL and forgot to check
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 10
torontos finest
Im in TDL and forgot to check

If they end up being low firsts it's unlikely the Canucks will get an equivalent value of Hughes with them. Probably better to take it, honestly.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 11
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: mondo
If they end up being low firsts it's unlikely the Canucks will get an equivalent value of Hughes with them. Probably better to take it, honestly.

It took to long. He was traded
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 25

Anyone notice a startling similarity between Buffalo and Vancouver where you could argue the main source of all their issues is ownership.

Francesco Aquilini has not run the Canucks well at all and through his continual support of Benning has lead this team on the wrong path. Now how does that relate to Buffalo. Buffalo has the Pegula's and they like the Aquilini's are heavily involved with how the team is run. With this involvement came some progress for improvement which often was short as often some of their decisions caused their respected teams to fall down and never fully get back up (in the case of Buffalo it was further along than Vancouver). If we want to see the affect it had well for starters it caused a star in Eichel to go "I cant take it anymore I want out". Now Vancouver still has time to fix it but if this continues its only a matter of time before Petey or another Vancouver star goes "k I'm done trade me pls" and if that does not happen if this team continues to be run the same dont see Horvat coming back.

If either team is gonna have sustained success there needs to be change. For Buffalo the Pegula's should do what they did with the Bill's let management run the team and not interfere. For Vancouver first Francesco should rearrange/change the entire management team for the Canucks from Benning to Green then step down as the president or allow management to run the team and not interfere unless absolutely necessary. This way progress can be made and hopefully the teams have a brighter future.
capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 24
Ovchinnikov 137
Anyone notice a startling similarity between Buffalo and Vancouver where you could argue the main source of all their issues is ownership. Francesco Aquilini has not run the Canucks well at all and through his continual support of Benning has lead this team on the wrong path. Now how does that relate to Buffalo. Buffalo has the Pegula's and they like the Aquilini's are heavily involved with how the team is run. With this involvement came some progress for improvement which often was short as often some of their decisions caused their respected teams to fall down and never fully get back up (in the case of Buffalo it was further along than Vancouver). If we want to see the affect it had well for starters it caused a star in Eichel to go "I cant take it anymore I want out". Now Vancouver still has time to fix it but if this continues its only a matter of time before Petey or another Vancouver star goes "k I'm done trade me pls" and if not their big UFA's will go nah I'm out.

If either team is gonna have sustained success there needs to be change. For Buffalo the Pegula's should do what they did with the Bill's let management run the team and not interfere in certain affairs. For Vancouver first Francesco should rearrange/change the entire management team for the Canucks from Benning to Green then step down as the president or allow management to run the team and not interfere unless absolutely necessary. This way progress can be made and hopefully the teams have a brighter future.

Buffalo at least for the first time since really Lindy has a coach in place "Don Granato" that is getting the best of the players they have. The Rochester Americans are performing well also, they prospects are coming, IMO as ****ty as things are right now there is light at the end of the tunnel.

With VAN you need to strip it down from the top. They have players in place which must be frustrating but the Dcore is not good and Green does not seem to be the right coach.
BuFfaLOFaN et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 39
Buffalo at least for the first time since really Lindy has a coach in place "Don Granato" that is getting the best of the players they have. The Rochester Americans are performing well also, they prospects are coming, IMO as ****ty as things are right now there is light at the end of the tunnel.

With VAN you need to strip it down from the top. They have players in place which must be frustrating but the Dcore is not good and Green does not seem to be the right coach.

Heard the Pegula's started releasing control of the Sabers and stepped back in their meddling but since there was no announcement not sure if this is accurate. But if thats the case its the start of a proper development path for them as while Adam's still aint the best option for GM at least they chose a proper coach for now in Granato. Lets just hope the Pegula's dont start interfering again as all that hard work would be for nothing "again".

Now as for Vancouver my recommendation still stands management needs a big change from top to bottom and Francesco should step down or not be so heavily involved in team affairs.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 30
torontos finest
Anyone notice a startling similarity between Buffalo and Vancouver where you could argue the main source of all their issues is ownership.

Francesco Aquilini has not run the Canucks well at all and through his continual support of Benning has lead this team on the wrong path. Now how does that relate to Buffalo. Buffalo has the Pegula's and they like the Aquilini's are heavily involved with how the team is run. With this involvement came some progress for improvement which often was short as often some of their decisions caused their respected teams to fall down and never fully get back up (in the case of Buffalo it was further along than Vancouver). If we want to see the affect it had well for starters it caused a star in Eichel to go "I cant take it anymore I want out". Now Vancouver still has time to fix it but if this continues its only a matter of time before Petey or another Vancouver star goes "k I'm done trade me pls" and if that does not happen if this team continues to be run the same dont see Horvat coming back.

If either team is gonna have sustained success there needs to be change. For Buffalo the Pegula's should do what they did with the Bill's let management run the team and not interfere. For Vancouver first Francesco should rearrange/change the entire management team for the Canucks from Benning to Green then step down as the president or allow management to run the team and not interfere unless absolutely necessary. This way progress can be made and hopefully the teams have a brighter future.

I think both teams have problems with ownership but they're at opposite ends. The Pegulas meddle too much in the teams affairs; firing those who don't fall in line with what they want haphazardly. Aquilini is too lenient with his management, as in letting Jenning run the team for 8 years now and having even less to show than he did starting out.

The best owners are the ones you never hear from.
aadoyle, yikes, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514

With a future top six with Krebs, Cozens, Quinn, and Peterka who are all 20 now there is a light I'd say, add in 21 year old Dahlin, 22 Jokiharju, 19 Power, 19 Rosen, 19, Levi, 22 Ukka-Pekka, 22 Mitts, and 23 Bryson, 23 Thompson, 23 Asplund I'd say we are doing OK.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
With a future top six with Krebs, Cozens, Quinn, and Peterka who are all 20 now there is a light I'd say, add in 21 year old Dahlin, 22 Jokiharju, 19 Power, 19 Rosen, 19, Levi, 22 Ukka-Pekka, 22 Mitts, and 23 Bryson, 23 Thompson, 23 Asplund I'd say we are doing OK.
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 51
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,835
Simek and Vlasic both have been quite poor recently (just before their covid time off and since returning). Simek scratched to allow rookie Hatakka to line up (who’s shown competence in the NHL, who’s now purchased a home in SJ and will be with the team and the Cuda full time) - Vlasic is close to being scratched with Boucher being very critical of Vlasic as well as Simek. Acknowledging that when Simek plays well he is very good but hasn’t been there since the year start. Vlasic on the other hand was okay/ steady but has since fallen hard.

If San Jose has the opportunity this year; they will most likely trade Vlasic (dump) and Simek (4th round return area) - looking to be around Knyzhovs return (in 2022).

If San Jose does acquire assets through trading Labanc or Hertl there could be a 3 way dumping Vlasic (which is be costly obviously).
16 nov. 2021 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,402
Quoting: yikes
Simek and Vlasic both have been quite poor recently (just before their covid time off and since returning). Simek scratched to allow rookie Hatakka to line up (who’s shown competence in the NHL, who’s now purchased a home in SJ and will be with the team and the Cuda full time) - Vlasic is close to being scratched with Boucher being very critical of Vlasic as well as Simek. Acknowledging that when Simek plays well he is very good but hasn’t been there since the year start. Vlasic on the other hand was okay/ steady but has since fallen hard.

If San Jose has the opportunity this year; they will most likely trade Vlasic (dump) and Simek (4th round return area) - looking to be around Knyzhovs return (in 2022).

If San Jose does acquire assets through trading Labanc or Hertl there could be a 3 way dumping Vlasic (which is be costly obviously).

All I’m saying is if SJS dumps Vlasic, please don’t pay more than a 3rd, Chmelevski and a 1st because that’s what i got for taking him on ( to be fair depending on how the 1st ends up, it’s either good value or bad value )
16 nov. 2021 à 14 h 4
Ovchinnikov 137

Kinda hope we pick him back up
capsfan2121, Devil et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 14 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Jeff Skinner is 19% of the sabres non-IR cap hit
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 14 h 17
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168

Washington
16 nov. 2021 à 14 h 24
Hakuna Matata

I forget if we reclaim him cant he go on the Marlies without waivers or is that if something else happens.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 14 h 25
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,835
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
All I’m saying is if SJS dumps Vlasic, please don’t pay more than a 3rd, Chmelevski and a 1st because that’s what i got for taking him on ( to be fair depending on how the 1st ends up, it’s either good value or bad value )

Hey man if Arizona wants Labanc + Vlasic + a top 10 protected 2022 first + Chmelevski I’d do that for a 7th lol
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 14 h 25
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,745
Quoting: capsfan2121
Washington

I don't think they will, it wouldn't be a bad short term replacement but I think they will be content to stay with the rookies right now, since Oshie and Dowd both traveled on this West Coast trip and could be back soon
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage