SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

11 août 2021 à 14 h 6
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403
Quoting: aadoyle
Its getting to that point where they can be classified up there with some Detroit fans on this site

All teams have annoying fans on this site, it really depends on the teams you interact with and how many fan support there are per team on the site
aadoyle, EsoYeezus69 et Devil a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 11
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
All teams have annoying fans on this site, it really depends on the teams you interact with and how many fan support there are per team on the site

I'm on the annoying side lol
11 août 2021 à 14 h 13
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

On CF it’s surprising that there are no annoying Stars fans (unless you classify me as annoying) because on almost every other website or just in general, Stars fans are apparently one of the most toxic fanbases (which after seeing the Stars reddit I can 100% confirm). Also the fact that we only have like 5 Stars users on this site lowers the amount by a lot compared to other fanbases.

On CF we have one of the most wholesome users in @justaBoss, like how can you hate this man? It’s just not possible.
justaBoss, LeafsFan4Ever34, Zinger and 3 others a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 21
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,454
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
On CF it’s surprising that there are no annoying Stars fans (unless you classify me as annoying) because on almost every other website or just in general, Stars fans are apparently one of the most toxic fanbases (which after seeing the Stars reddit I can 100% confirm). Also the fact that we only have like 5 Stars users on this site lowers the amount by a lot compared to other fanbases.

On CF we have one of the most wholesome users in justaBoss, like how can you hate this man? It’s just not possible.

Well thank you I suppose, but I'm certain there are people who rather dislike me and my views here lmao.
EsoYeezus69, LeafsFan4Ever34, Zinger and 2 others a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 27
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
Well thank you I suppose, but I'm certain there are people who rather dislike me and my views here lmao.

Same here, but nobody’s perfect. If you base it on people on AGM you’ll always find someone who hates you, but a lot of those people are either under 12 or have the IQ of a fridge, or maybe even both. There’s a reason I don’t spend as much time on AGM as I used to, 3/4 of the users are well how do I put it nicely, special. Those who have a higher IQ of a fridge are here, therefore I’m mostly on the Forums.
justaBoss, LeafsFan4Ever34, Zinger and 4 others a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 31
What in tarnation
Same here, but nobody’s perfect. If you base it on people on AGM you’ll always find someone who hates you, but a lot of those people are either under 12 or have the IQ of a fridge, or maybe both. There’s a reason I don’t spend as much time on AGM as I used to, 3/4 of the users are well how do I put it nicely, special.

I have to admit I've started to use the ignore function far more often than in the past.

It's like the amount of people who can have a civil discourse online is rapidly decreasing.

I blame twitter and other social media platforms from this.

Feels like there's no mutual respect between two people discussing anymore. People judge others by the first opinion they see from the said person.
EsoYeezus69, LeafsFan4Ever34, Zinger and 4 others a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
I have to admit I've started to use the ignore function far more often than in the past.

It's like the amount of people who can have a civil discourse online is rapidly decreasing.

Feels like there's no mutual respect between two people discussing anymore. People judge others by the first opinion they see from the said person.

the AGM section of CF is now a walking joke with pretty much only homers posting there. It's why I pretty much 100% avoid it.

This sucks, it really does cause we had so much fun discussing hockey during the first wave of lockdowns in march, april and may 2020 as well as in the bubble and the 2020 offseason. But now this fun is gone. It's very difficult to have a good discussion there
LeafsFan4Ever34, justaBoss, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 39
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
the AGM section of CF is now a walking joke with pretty much only homers posting there. It's why I pretty much 100% avoid it.

This sucks, it really does cause we had so much fun discussing hockey during the first wave of lockdowns in march, april and may 2020 as well as in the bubble and the 2020 offseason. But now this fun is gone. It's very difficult to have a good discussion there

Remember when is was only just pretty much everybody in this forum posting AGM's?

Ahhhhhhh, the good ol' days
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 40
Jinx god

Sadly from generation to generation people are getting more sensitive, especially this generation (I’m in this generation, but I’m the exact opposite, you can say f*ck all to me I won’t care, except maybe you’ll get a one way ticket on a hearse if you piss me off too much). Twitter and TikTok are probably the two worst platforms for that, the levels of stupidity that the majority of those users have is higher than Blake Comeau’s career giveaways.

Discussions have fast turned to arguments because people have the mentality of “I’m always right” and won’t accept defeat even if their opinion is Blake Comeau is good (which we all know is 100% wrong), they won’t budge and will most likely turn to insults.

I find myself having more civil discussions with elders than people my age, I truly think I was born in the wrong generation, but it is what it is, I can’t change any of it.
justaBoss et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 42
What in tarnation

Time to time I post there, there can be had some good discussions, provided it's the right people to discuss with.

I recall back when we had a rating system here. 5 stars for great posts and all that.

Now I get why CF took it away. It'd be impossible to hold it as there'd almost certainly be people giving others lower ratings based on their past discussions having nothing to do with the post in question.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 43
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Well I mean…

Waddell

Please don't let Waddell hear that Evander Kane is available tears of joy

I already know a couple of my buddies who are cancelling their season tickets and pretty much boycotting the team after the DeAngelo signing. If we trade for Kane, we'll have less fans that the florida panthers. But I'm not complaining with cheaper tickets if we miraculously don't end up in Houston.
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 45
Jinx god
Quoting: Dzinger18
Please don't let Waddell hear that Evander Kane is available tears of joy

I already know a couple of my buddies who are cancelling their season tickets and pretty much boycotting the team after the DeAngelo signing. If we trade for Kane, we'll have less fans that the florida panthers. But I'm not complaining with cheaper tickets if we miraculously don't end up in Houston.

Arizona will beat you to Houston, but Quebec isn’t out if the picture yet.
Zinger et Devil a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 49
What in tarnation
Sadly from generation to generation people are getting more sensitive, especially this generation (I’m in this generation, but I’m the exact opposite, you can say f*ck all to me I won’t care, except maybe you’ll get a one way ticket on a hearse if you piss me off too much). Twitter and TikTok are probably the two worst platforms for that, the levels of stupidity that the majority of those users have is higher than Blake Comeau’s career giveaways.

Discussions have fast turned to arguments because people have the mentality of “I’m always right” and won’t accept defeat even if their opinion is Blake Comeau is good (which we all know is 100% wrong), they won’t budge and will most likely turn to insults.

I find myself having more civil discussions with elders than people my age, I truly think I was born in the wrong generation, but it is what it is, I can’t change any of it.

Lmao that Comeau notion tears of joy

It's easier to have civil discussion with people that have more "experience" in life. They might not take everything you throw personally. At least that's something I've noted here. Criticizing a post is easily detected as criticizing the creator of one. That's not the point of it at all, but some people tend to think otherwise.

If I recall correctly, I'm 8 years older than you are, but usually our discussions and opinions are of the same wavelength.
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 53
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

I actually forgot AGM was even a thing lol. Don't think I've posted there in months. I jut like to stick to forums since the people here are so nice and wholesome. On the other hand, AGM can get quite toxic quickly and like you said, is full of homers. Forums is a great place to discuss hockey more peacefully with people willing to learn more.
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 56
Jinx god
Lmao that Comeau notion tears of joy

It's easier to have civil discussion with people that have more "experience" in life. They might not take everything you throw personally. At least that's something I've noted here. Criticizing a post is easily detected as criticizing the creator of one. That's not the point of it at all, but some people tend to think otherwise.

If I recall correctly, I'm 8 years older than you are, but usually our discussions and opinions are of the same wavelength.

I always have to put Comeau in some of my more serious discussions to keep them a little bit more light hearted.

I’m a quick learner so I went from being not mature to becoming mature quickly even though I’m still fairly young. I was in the stage that most of the AGM users are in now in my past, and it makes me cringe hard when I think back to those days, but I’ve found a new perspective on life and I’ve moved on from whatever that was to being someone who people can respect and want to become when they grow up.

I’m happy that I’ve found other people like me on this that I can respect and have good discussions with.

Edit: An add to this is the more you experience the more you learn. I’ll use a quote my father gave me: Nobody knows everything, the most important part isn’t what you already know it’s what you’re willing to know and improve on. I hold that with myself every day.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 14 h 57
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503
ACGM is just troll land at this point. Looks like 8 year-old kids have taken over. My ignore list has never been that full. It's so annoying to see the same users trashing on every post, often without any logical explanations behind their takes. Then you take a look at their profile, they either have 10000x worst ACGMS or no ACGMS at all.
EsoYeezus69, justaBoss, A_Habs_fan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 15 h 1
Jinx god
Quoting: SevenLeg
ACGM is just troll land at this point. Looks like 8 year-old kids have taken over. My ignore list has never been that full. It's so annoying to see the same users trashing on every post, often without any logical explanations behind their takes. Then you take a look at their profile, they either have 10000x worst ACGMS or no ACGMS at all.

The internet is just f* cked up at this point, and sadly there’s no return it will only get worse. This is the only thing left, the Forums.
11 août 2021 à 15 h 6
Jinx god
I know that AGM is ruined, but we at least still have Trade Machine, right?
yikes et Zinger a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 15 h 7
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503
I know that AGM is ruined, but we at least still have Trade Machine, right?

That's such an obscure feature
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 15 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,070
When you turn down 20mill to be only paid 5.9mill in FA

NBA moment right there

Imagine that happening in the NHL
EsoYeezus69, Devil et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 15 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554

Being Right wing is racist and fireable now? Shannahan has no backbone
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 15 h 15
Jinx god
When you turn down 20mill to be only paid 5.9mill in FA

NBA moment right there

Imagine that happening in the NHL

Who did that happen to?
11 août 2021 à 15 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Who did that happen to?

Dennis Schroeder. Basically was a star prospect for the Lakers who turned down a big contract with them thinking he was worth more.

WELL THAT BACKFIRED DIDNT IT

As the Celtics gave him a 1 year 5.9mill deal
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 15 h 21
Jinx god
Dennis Schroeder. Basically was a star prospect for the Lakers who turned down a big contract with them thinking he was worth more.

WELL THAT BACKFIRED DIDNT IT

As the Celtics gave him a 1 year 5.9mill deal

3a7.jpg
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
11 août 2021 à 15 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 11 août 2021 à 15 h 31
Quoting: GarthBrooks

Being Right wing is racist and fireable now? Shannahan has no backbone

HUH!!!

You really want a man in our organization who is

Anti-Vaccination
Pro-Insurrection
Transphobic
and Racist

I know he helped Campbell rebound and become a great goalie and I'm thankful for that. But that still does not change the fact he has been found guilty of all the points listed above. And this in general makes Shannahan's decision to fire him justified beyond a shred of a doubt.

GOOD RIDDANCE is all I can say
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage