SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

19 sept. 2021 à 14 h 34
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Devil1122
I agree that both of them are cocky but it makes sense that they should be confident

If the reported ask Quinn who he thinks should win the Calder, Quinn shouldn't say "Makar should win the Calder" even though he knew Makar would win

To be fair, the Calder race was pretty tight. That year you could go both ways. It was this past year that Makar took his game to the next level and Quinn simply couldn’t handle the defensive workload. I’d like to see the source of him saying that. If he did say that I’d be a bit disappointed since I made fun of Binnington for saying he should’ve won the Calder over Pettersson
19 sept. 2021 à 14 h 36
Ex Nucks fan
Do you see Connor McDavid or anyone else in the league saying that they’re dominant and special players? No, because you sound crazy when you pump your own tires like that.[/quote]

To be fair, Connor McDavid has no personality and honestly, he doesn’t have to say his game is elite for people to know
19 sept. 2021 à 14 h 49
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,102
This is how the isles announce that Cory Schneider has been re-signed

Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2021 à 15 h 22
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Db1899

Bro he’s still in the league?
19 sept. 2021 à 15 h 23
Quoting: Juiceman
Bro he’s still in the league?

Best 3rd string goalie in the league 💪🏻
19 sept. 2021 à 15 h 47
Ex Nucks fan
Best 3rd string goalie in the league 💪🏻

I think it’s safe to say that the Canucks won the Schneider trade. 26 year old Horvat vs Cory Schneider AHL goalie
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2021 à 15 h 49
I think it’s safe to say that the Canucks won the Schneider trade. 26 year old Horvat vs Cory Schneider AHL goalie

They won for sure, but Schneider was an elite goalie for 3 seasons after the trade.
19 sept. 2021 à 15 h 52
Ex Nucks fan
They won for sure, but Schneider was an elite goalie for 3 seasons after the trade.

I just loved watching his own team score goals on him in the earlier NHL weird episodes
19 sept. 2021 à 16 h 24
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Everything that Hughes said was completely reasonable, but him saying it about himself is absolutely bonkers. He comes off as extremely full of himself.

Do you see Connor McDavid or anyone else in the league saying that they’re dominant and special players? No, because you sound crazy when you pump your own tires like that.

This is my point exactly. It sounds like something a Devils reporter would tweet because it’s full of hockey lingo and appeals to their audience, but to say it about yourself does sound conceited.
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
I don't agree on that last point for two reasons: 1) As I understand it, Hughes was asked this AFTER Makar had already won. It's one thing to campaign for yourself before the voting, but don't be a sore loser after the fact. 2) Even before the voting, the classy thing to do (even if he truly believed that he deserved it more) is to praise the other, the same way Patrick Kane was asked halfway through this past year if he thought he should be a Hart finalist, to which he laughed and responded "No chance, McDavid's head-and-shoulders above the rest of the league" (paraphrased).

I didn't realize he was asked this after Makar won
I agree that you should praise your "opponent" but still have confidence that you should win

The quote was before the voting. It was early March, so the season was basically done (although they didn’t know they had only like 2 more games at the time of course lol), and he was asked should he be considered for the Calder and said something along the lines of yeah nobody’s been better than me. Probably shoulda said something like yeah I think I’m in the conversation, Makar and Kubalik are great too, we’ll see what the voters do.
19 sept. 2021 à 16 h 37
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,398

I wouldn’t describe watching the Jets as having a blast but sure
19 sept. 2021 à 16 h 38
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: Alfie11
This is my point exactly. It sounds like something a Devils reporter would tweet because it’s full of hockey lingo and appeals to their audience, but to say it about yourself does sound conceited.

The quote was before the voting. It was early March, so the season was basically done (although they didn’t know they had only like 2 more games at the time of course lol), and he was asked should he be considered for the Calder and said something along the lines of yeah nobody’s been better than me. Probably shoulda said something like yeah I think I’m in the conversation, Makar and Kubalik are great too, we’ll see what the voters do.

Ah. K, thanks, that makes it a little bit more understandable, at least this way he wasn't sore losing.
19 sept. 2021 à 16 h 53
Farewell
Modifié 19 sept. 2021 à 16 h 59
I was wondering with all the moves the Islanders have made lately how they're going to be able to keep everybody, and they actually can't, given that you can only have 23 on the roster, and they've exceeded that with the number of players they've signed to NHL-level contracts.
Breaking it down:

Locks to make the roster: Mathew Barzal, Josh Bailey, Anders Lee, Brock Nelson, Anthony Beauvillier, Kyle Palmieri, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Leo Komarov, Matt Martin, Cal Clutterbuck, Casey Cizikas, Adam Pelech, Ryan Pulock, Scott Mayfield, Noah Dobson, Semyon Varlamov, Ilya Sorokin. Total: 17

Most probably will make the roster: Zach Parise, Oliver Wahlstrom, Zdeno Chara, Andy Greene, Sebastian Aho. Total: 5, which makes 22

So who gets the final spot?

Strongest Options: Forwards: Richard Panik, Kiefer Bellows, Otto Koivula, Ross Johnston Defensemen: Erik Gustafsson, Thomas Hickey, Paul LaDue

IMO, it will be Panik, since Bellows hasn't really found his groove with the team and Panik is the better player anyways, and although I still like Gustafsson, Trotz probably won't.. Thoughts?
19 sept. 2021 à 17 h 8
Ex Nucks fan
I was wondering with all the moves the Islanders have made lately how they're going to be able to keep everybody, and they actually can't, given that you can only have 23 on the roster, and they've exceeded that with the number of players they've signed to NHL-level contracts.
Breaking it down:

Locks to make the roster: Mathew Barzal, Josh Bailey, Anders Lee, Brock Nelson, Anthony Beauvillier, Kyle Palmieri, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Leo Komarov, Matt Martin, Cal Clutterbuck, Casey Cizikas, Adam Pelech, Ryan Pulock, Scott Mayfield, Noah Dobson, Semyon Varlamov, Ilya Sorokin. Total: 17

Most probably will make the roster: Zach Parise, Oliver Wahlstrom, Zdeno Chara, Andy Greene, Sebastian Aho. Total: 5, which makes 22

Strongest Options: Forwards: Richard Panik, Kiefer Bellows, Otto Koivula, Ross Johnston Defensemen: Erik Gustafsson, Thomas Hickey, Paul LaDue

IMO, it will be Panik, since Bellows hasn't really found his groove with the team and Panik is the better player anyways, and although I still like Gustafsson, Trotz probably won't.. Thoughts?

What even happened to Gustafsson. He had that one insane year two years ago with 17 goals and 60 points and now all of a sudden, he’s barely a 7D? Not really educated on him so someone please tell me what happened
19 sept. 2021 à 17 h 12
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

"having a blast cheering on the Jets"
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2021 à 17 h 13
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Alfie11

Agreed
19 sept. 2021 à 17 h 15
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Everything that Hughes said was completely reasonable, but him saying it about himself is absolutely bonkers. He comes off as extremely full of himself.

Do you see Connor McDavid or anyone else in the league saying that they’re dominant and special players? No, because you sound crazy when you pump your own tires like that.

Yeah that makes sense

But I think some part of that has to do with their personality. McDavid is much quieter to the media than Hughes

I didn't like Hughes pumping his own tires either.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2021 à 17 h 20
Breaking it down:

Parise and Wahlstrom are locks to make the roster.

I think the two extra forwards will be Komarov and Dal colle. It’s possible both Koivula and Bellows get claimed on waivers.
19 sept. 2021 à 17 h 24
Breaking it down:

I also think Gus will be signed, making Greene the 7D. Trotz doesn’t like Aho for whatever reason.
19 sept. 2021 à 17 h 56
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
https://twitter.com/JDReed18/status/1439420853184307204

ABSOLUTE UNIT
19 sept. 2021 à 18 h 3
Farewell
Parise and Wahlstrom are locks to make the roster.

I think the two extra forwards will be Komarov and Dal colle. It’s possible both Koivula and Bellows get claimed on waivers.

I agree on the first point, just put them as probables since Parise's financial terms haven't been released yet and Wahlstrom was demoted last year.
Dal Colle is a UFA. He's not being brought back.
19 sept. 2021 à 18 h 5
Farewell
What even happened to Gustafsson. He had that one insane year two years ago with 17 goals and 60 points and now all of a sudden, he’s barely a 7D? Not really educated on him so someone please tell me what happened

Exactly. He just fell off a cliff. I still like him offensively (he's good on the PP), but his defense has absolutely plummeted at even strength. Right, @Alfie11 and @SevenLeg? *wink*
(I argued that it was still worth giving Gustafsson a shot for a team in need of an offensive defenseman a few weeks ago, got pummeled smile)
Juiceman et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2021 à 18 h 11
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

He’s terrible defensively. I didn’t watch him much in Chicago, but as of right now he’s a decent offensive defenseman. His season in Chicago was probably a mix of opportunity, puck luck, and quality of teammates, especially on the power play.
19 sept. 2021 à 18 h 13
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,398
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I wouldn’t describe watching the Jets as having a blast but sure

"having a blast cheering on the Jets"

Copying a comment smh
19 sept. 2021 à 18 h 44
I agree on the first point, just put them as probables since Parise's financial terms haven't been released yet and Wahlstrom was demoted last year.
Dal Colle is a UFA. He's not being brought back.

Wahlstrom played almost every game last year on the 3rd line.

Dal colle was at the jets game with the isles today, i think he’s signed
19 sept. 2021 à 18 h 44
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

He’s worse than a pylon defensively. The Isles make sense as the team to give him a shot as the 6/7 D because they lack a true PP1 QB, and Gus is excellent at that, but that is literally all he’s good for. At even strength and in his own zone he’s a liability (used to be good at EV offense, but he’s only average these days), by both the eye test and fancy stats.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage