SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 Playoffs Discussion Thread

20 juin 2021 à 9 h 27
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,272
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Bergevin has got to be the GMOTY winner tomorrow, right?

I'm going to say Florida's GM, but I'd love MB to win
A_Habs_fan et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 10 h 14
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Can we please bring the NBA discussion to another forum? Thanks.

Your a nets fan?tears of joy
A_Habs_fan, AndrewLadd, rangersandislesfan and 4 others a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 11 h 35
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,193
Quoting: aadoyle
on the off topic man is gm 7 between the bucks and nets entertaining

I wish the Raptors were still good lol.
20 juin 2021 à 11 h 37
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Lehner could be starting todayflushed cheeks
A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 11 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Devil1122
Lehner could be starting todayflushed cheeks

???
20 juin 2021 à 11 h 55
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
???

Robin Lehner looks like he’s starting judging by how Vegas set up their practice today
Devil et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 12 h 14
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
???

Lehner is their starter for tonight

Last time he played, he got shelled by the Avs

Not a good move by Vegas to start the cold goalie imo
20 juin 2021 à 12 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Every player on the Vegas Golden Knights makes twice as many mistakes as Fleury. The difference is that whenever and without exception a Fleury mistake will result in a goal. Peter DeBoer is clearly too brain dead to understand that and is now benching one of the best goalies of this generation and of all time. Sure it was a flagrant mistake at a horrible time. But it was also unlucky. If Alex Pietrangelo or Shea Theodore turned the puck over, would they be benched?
20 juin 2021 à 13 h 40
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Every player on the Vegas Golden Knights makes twice as many mistakes as Fleury. The difference is that whenever and without exception a Fleury mistake will result in a goal. Peter DeBoer is clearly too brain dead to understand that and is now benching one of the best goalies of this generation and of all time. Sure it was a flagrant mistake at a horrible time. But it was also unlucky. If Alex Pietrangelo or Shea Theodore turned the puck over, would they be benched?

Well I think calling him one of the best goalies of his all time is a bit of an exaggeration for a guy who had a total of 1 Vezina vote (which was 3rd place) in his 13 seasons in the NHL before joining Vegas. But yeah, Fleury is a late bloomer, and is one of the best goalies in the NHL right now.
20 juin 2021 à 13 h 57
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Well I think calling him one of the best goalies of his all time is a bit of an exaggeration for a guy who had a total of 1 Vezina vote (which was 3rd place) in his 13 seasons in the NHL before joining Vegas. But yeah, Fleury is a late bloomer, and is one of the best goalies in the NHL right now.

Is it though? 2 Stanley Cups (obviously the first Murray Cup doesn’t count, 2nd does because he played up until the ECF) 3 SCF, 3rd all time wins, 15th in SO. To call him top 10 is wrong but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’s one of the best all time. He’s not a GOAT by any means but still a legend
A_Habs_fan, yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 14 h 9
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Is it though? 2 Stanley Cups (obviously the first Murray Cup doesn’t count, 2nd does because he played up until the ECF) 3 SCF, 3rd all time wins, 15th in SO. To call him top 10 is wrong but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’s one of the best all time. He’s not a GOAT by any means but still a legend

I don’t think he’s one of the best all time - he’s had a few incredible seasons and his athleticism makes him fun to watch , but it’s fair to say that the pens might have won more cups without him. This is the first season where fleury is actually deserving of being called a top 2 goaltender.
20 juin 2021 à 14 h 18

Imo Fleury is one of those goalies that goes in the very good category but not quite one of the best
20 juin 2021 à 14 h 42
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828
Yeah I’m a huge Lehner fan - but this ain’t the play. Fleury could use the rest sure but - seeing as how Lehners last start went in the enemy home building, and the Habs can make the series 3-1. It’s a bold play; which obviously could workout very well with a split 2-2. But risking it all on Lehner who hasn’t been the elite goalie (fleury has) this year could be thinking too much? I would say Fleury woulda had a great rebound game as he’s done all the time but now we get to see if Lehner can get warmed up without multiple goals against (I know the Habs aren’t the Colorado units but the Habs still can score as ease with their depth).
20 juin 2021 à 14 h 44
Quoting: yikes
Yeah I’m a huge Lehner fan - but this ain’t the play. Fleury could use the rest sure but - seeing as how Lehners last start went in the enemy home building, and the Habs can make the series 3-1. It’s a bold play; which obviously could workout very well with a split 2-2. But risking it all on Lehner who hasn’t been the elite goalie (fleury has) this year could be thinking too much?

No idea why Lehner is starting but hey as long as Vegas's best player Chris Lee doesn't shaft us, we'll take the easy win
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,911
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Imo Fleury is one of those goalies that goes in the very good category but not quite one of the best

I think the fact that he was the 3rd string option on a gold medal Olympic team is a pretty good metaphor for his career. Just on the outside but still invited to the dance.

As for his sitting tonight. Is he being punished for the gaff the other night?
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 3
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Rangsey
I think the fact that he was the 3rd string option on a gold medal Olympic team is a pretty good metaphor for his career. Just on the outside but still invited to the dance.

As for his sitting tonight. Is he being punished for the gaff the other night?

I wouldn’t say it’s punished but it’s definitely like a

“He needs rest” type thing.

I don’t think anyone’s blaming him but I would say there’s acknowledgment of it.
Rangsey et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 6
Former Hockey Fan

Fleury was on a great team, and never posted great numbers other than the wins column, which was obviously mostly the team in front of him. Props to him for being able to play so much for a good team (although the amount of games he’s played is partially due to where he was drafted). He’s had a great career, but he hasn’t been among the best goalies in the NHL at any point until he was picked by Vegas.

He’ll get into the Hall of Fame because of championships, recency bias and longevity, but I’m not sure he deserves to be there.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 15
Former Hockey Fan
So while we’re having the Fleury discussion, do you think that Corey Crawford is a Hall of Famer? Because Crawford has the edge in numbers (both regular season & playoffs) and Stanley Cups won as a starter while Fleury has the edge in longevity. Fleury will probably end up with a Vezina on his résumé from this season, but other than that both players didn’t have much Vezina consideration.
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 16
So while we’re having the Fleury discussion, do you think that Corey Crawford is a Hall of Famer? Because Crawford has the edge in numbers (both regular season & playoffs) and Stanley Cups won as a starter while Fleury has the edge in longevity. Fleury will probably end up with a Vezina on his résumé from this season, but other than that both players didn’t have much Vezina consideration.

Crawford would also be in the very good but not quite HOF imo
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 22
EklundCelebriniSmith
I like both Crawford and Fleury enough to say they could make the HOF, but Fleury gets the edge tho I think there’s a case for Crawford. Both are like Marleau. Deserving sure, but rightfully? Idk.

All 3 are like; yeah they could be in, and deserving. But should they be in? Easily debatable.

Adding to the convo;

Does Price deserve to be in the HOF (regardless of this years cup win or not). If they win sure it adds heavily, but if they don’t win he still was integral to this run. He’s played fantastic this year so sure count that but cup win or not.

Does Price earn a HOF spot if he retires today?
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 25
Former Hockey Fan
I like both Crawford and Fleury enough to say they could make the HOF, but Fleury gets the edge tho I think there’s a case for Crawford. Both are like Marleau. Deserving sure, but rightfully? Idk.

All 3 are like; yeah they could be in, and deserving. But should they be in? Easily debatable.

Adding to the convo;

Does Price deserve to be in the HOF (regardless of this years cup win or not). If they win sure it adds heavily, but if they don’t win he still was integral to this run. He’s played fantastic this year so sure count that but cup win or not.

If you win the Hart Trophy you’re pretty much guaranteed a spot in the Hall of Fame. So yeah, Price would definitely get in if he retired today.
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 35
EklundCelebriniSmith
If you win the Hart Trophy you’re pretty much guaranteed a spot in the Hall of Fame. So yeah, Price would definitely get in if he retired today.

“Price fit right in.

As headliners go, no one in hockey could touch him.

That night Price won the Hart Trophy, Vezina Trophy and Ted Lindsay Trophy - becoming the first goaltender to win the three awards in one year since Dominik Hasek in 1998 - and shared the William H. Jennings Trophy with Corey Crawford of the Chicago Blackhawks.” - NHL

Definitely is a huge thing to add to his resume for the HOF.

Plus

Multiple Gold Medals - Olympics adds so much more value
Jack A. Butterfield Trophy (AHL - Playoff MVP) (2007)
NHL All-Rookie Team (2008)
Best Goaltender - Olympics (2014)
NHL First All-Star Team (2015)
Played in NHL All-Star Game (2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018)

He’s definitely got a much stronger resume then the other two but his career numbers OVERALL don’t pop by a lot plus no cups. But he’s got multiple single seasons that stand out drastically compared to the other guys (except Fleurys recent seasons add some shine).

I do like him for the HOF and he’ll be in but a cup would be so much better than HOF; just wanna see his reaction and the hand off (and I’m not even a MTL fan).
Saskleaf et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 15 h 41
Former Hockey Fan
So in terms of goalies, for the Hall of Fame this is how I look at it:

In, no questions asked:
Henrik Lundqvist
Carey Price
Tuukka Rask

Should absolutely be in, but there will be questions about never winning a Vezina:
Roberto Luongo

Will be in because of his accomplishments rather than how good he was:
Marc-Andre Fleury

Career wasn’t long enough:
Corey Crawford

This could be very interesting at the end of his career, because he’s the only goalie since Martin Brodeur to win 2 Vezinas in his career:
Sergei Bobrovsky

Barely started his career but seems like he’s definitely getting in:
Andrei Vasilevskiy

Not getting in, honourable mentions:
Pekka Rinne
Ryan Miller
yikes et Devil a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2021 à 16 h 9

Adding to the convo;

Absolutely, sure no cups but he’s done other great achievements and has carried us for about his whole career
20 juin 2021 à 16 h 11
So in terms of goalies, for the Hall of Fame this is how I look at it:

In, no questions asked:
Henrik Lundqvist
Carey Price
Tuukka Rask

Should absolutely be in, but there will be questions about never winning a Vezina:
Roberto Luongo

Will be in because of his accomplishments rather than how good he was:
Marc-Andre Fleury

Career wasn’t long enough:
Corey Crawford

This could be very interesting at the end of his career, because he’s the only goalie since Martin Brodeur to win 2 Vezinas in his career:
Sergei Bobrovsky

Barely started his career but seems like he’s definitely getting in:
Andrei Vasilevskiy

Not getting in, honourable mentions:
Pekka Rinne
Ryan Miller

I actually disagree for Rask, imo he’s in the very good category, also i could see Jonathan Quick being in the same category as Fleury
yikes et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage