SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

John Chayka

24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 4
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 569
Should the Leafs fire Dubas and hire John Chayka as their next GM?
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 5
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Basically replacing a guy who bases 90% of his hockey opinions on analytics with another who's rumored to do that? Lol
ZiggyPalffy et ThePostLiker a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Basically replacing a guy who bases 90% of his hockey opinions on analytics with another who's rumored to do that? Lol

He would at least not be afraid enough to trade one of the big four when it comes down to building a strong defensive system. His Coyotes are third for goals against. We already have the offence built by Dubas. All we need is the defence built by him.
ThePostLiker a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 21
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: TheLeafsSeason
He would at least not be afraid enough to trade one of the big four when it comes down to building a strong defensive system. His Coyotes are third for goals against. We already have the offence built by Dubas. All we need is the defence built by him.

I really fail to see how the «We CaN, aNd We WiLl» mentality that KD created helped the Leafs in the long run. And the worst thing here is that most Leafs fans don't seem to get that the team would be completely fine without Marner...

Matthews scores 50
JT scores 40
Nylander scores 30
Mikeyev, Hyman and Kappy score 20
Johnsson and Kerfoot score 15-20
Spezza scores 10
Engvall scores 8
Barabanov score 8-10
Insert another depth F

I count a 240 goal potential here...
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 25
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
Lol
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 26
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,146
Chayka is just worse Kyle Dubas
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
I really fail to see how the «We CaN, aNd We WiLl» mentality that KD created helped the Leafs in the long run. And the worst thing here is that most Leafs fans don't seem to get that the team would be completely fine without Marner...

Matthews scores 50
JT scores 40
Nylander scores 30
Mikeyev, Hyman and Kappy score 20
Johnsson and Kerfoot score 15-20
Spezza scores 10
Engvall scores 8
Barabanov score 8-10
Insert another depth F

I count a 240 goal potential here...

Getting right off the bat, I love John Tavares but we DO NOT need him. Kadri would have been a more viable option since he provides more of the sandpaper while provducing 30 to 40 points less which I do not mind. Great players are not always about producing points. Nylander is on an affordable contract so I would not mind holding onto him. In terms of Matthews and Marner, these are the two players you want to build your team around since both are close to becoming 100 point players.

I could only imagine what Chayka would do if the $11 million did not go to Tavares and is rather invested into the defence.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 27
Banni

Analytics aren't everything and for a lot of teams, the 3rd most important evaluation tool. I hate analytics with a passion. They have many variables. Why not hire a guy who isn't all analytical?
ThePostLiker et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 27
Banni
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Chayka is just worse Kyle Dubas

I would love to hear your explanation on why you think that.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 28
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700

Or maybe dubas is just smart enough to keep them. Star players are not easy to come by. If they fit you keep them.
ThePostLiker et Random2152 a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Jamiepo
Or maybe dubas is just smart enough to keep them. Star players are not easy to come by. If they fit you keep them.

There is a difference between spending on star players and overspending on star players. With Matthews, Marner, and Nylander, can you honestly say we need more offensive power while our defence looks worse than the Red Wings on paper?
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 32
Banni
Getting right off the bat, I love John Tavares but we DO NOT need him. Kadri would have been a more viable option since he provides more of the sandpaper while provducing 30 to 40 points less which I do not mind. Great players are not always about producing points. Nylander is on an affordable contract so I would not mind holding onto him. In terms of Matthews and Marner, these are the two players you want to build your team around since both are close to becoming 100 point players.

I could only imagine what Chayka would do if the $11 million did not go to Tavares and is rather invested into the defence.

Here's an idea, trade Matthew's and add spare parts for Tkachuk, Monahan, and Andersson. Trade Marner for Dumba and Kaprizov also maybe swap Kerfoot with Staal retained.

Hyman Tavares Kaprizov
Tkachuk Monahan Nylander
Mikheyev/Johnsson Staal Kapanen
Clifford Guathier Spezza

Rielly Andersson
Muzzin Dumba
Sandin Holl

Anderson
Campbell

Bam, you got yourself a real contender and possibly one that can repeat.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Banni

Not insulting what he brought to his team but questions need to be asked if you can't sign your star players to 8 years. Matthews is part of a contending team and Dubas gave him 5 years. Eichel is on a re-building team and signed for 8 years.
ThePostLiker et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 33
Brace for the Storm

I'm sorry but having such a GIGANTIC portion of your cap invested in 4 players is just a no.

The Leafs lack a true, clear cut, good at everything number 3 d-man... they have their number 1 in Mo. They have the perect number 2 in Muzzin. They have Barrie as a number 3 but he does nothing for them since his style is very redundant with the one MO plays. They have a 4th in Dermott. They have a 5th in Holl and a 6th in Ceci... or Sandin... also the issue here is that I only count 3 d-men who I trust to play heavy PK minutes... Muzzin, Dermott and Holl... and you need 4 good/great penalty killers
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 34
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Bf3351
Here's an idea, trade Matthew's and add spare parts for Tkachuk, Monahan, and Andersson. Trade Marner for Dumba and Kaprizov also maybe swap Kerfoot with Staal retained.

Hyman Tavares Kaprizov
Tkachuk Monahan Nylander
Mikheyev/Johnsson Staal Kapanen
Clifford Guathier Spezza

Rielly Andersson
Muzzin Dumba
Sandin Holl

Anderson
Campbell

Bam, you got yourself a real contender and possibly one that can repeat.

Damn, gotta admit that looks pretty damn scary
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 35
John 3 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,618
Analytics aren't everything and for a lot of teams, the 3rd most important evaluation tool. I hate analytics with a passion. They have many variables. Why not hire a guy who isn't all analytical?

Analytics have their place, but you also have to know how to use them and apply them to your vision of building a hockey team.

Colorado is a perfect example of analytics put to good use, with Burakovsky, Donskoi, and Nichuskin as the recent standout acquisitions, all with great underlying analytics, but crucially all fitting into the team identity and coaches style of play.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Banni
I would laugh if Matthews walks right out the door on Dubas and signs in Arizona or some other contending team like Boston.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 36
Banni

Stars sell tickets, but the Leafs have never been hurting for fans. Imagine the Leafs being better defensively and almost as good offensively after trading Matthew's and Marner. The Leafs will never win a Stanley Cup with Matthew's and Marner. Mark my words.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 36
Banni
Not insulting what he brought to his team but questions need to be asked if you can't sign your star players to 8 years. Matthews is part of a contending team and Dubas gave him 5 years. Eichel is on a re-building team and signed for 8 years.

What the hell does that mean lol

Never mind I get what you are saying sorry lol
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Richard88
Analytics have their place, but you also have to know how to use them and apply them to your vision of building a hockey team.

Colorado is a perfect example of analytics put to good use, with Burakovsky, Donskoi, and Nichuskin as the recent standout acquisitions, all with great underlying analytics, but crucially all fitting into the team identity and coaches style of play.

Anything but analytics does not work for this organization. A big market like Toronto, you want to get paid as much as you can since it is the hockey "Mecca" of the world. A small market like Colorado, you are there to win.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 38
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,146
I would love to hear your explanation on why you think that.

I think they have similar reputations as young, fresh, analytics focused minds, and I just think Dubas is much better at it. I don't think Chayka is a very good GM.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 38
Banni
Quoting: Richard88

Right great regular season team let's wait till the playoffs are over before we start talking about the brilliance of analytics.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,127
Kyle Dubas is fine. No need for a new gm. If Dubas had to go I would rather bring back Mark Hunter.

Dubas only issue was the Matthews and Marner contracts. We can work around that. Other than that his other contracts and draft picks have been fine.
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: aadoyle
Kyle Dubas is fine. No need for a new gm. If Dubas had to go I would rather bring back Mark Hunter.

Did he not reject the opportunity of being the Leafs new GM?
24 juill. 2020 à 20 h 42
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,304
Did he not reject the opportunity of being the Leafs new GM?

No. He didn't get the job.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage