Forums/Armchair-GM

Who Is The Most Talented Player Of All Time

Créé par: AnalyticsGeek
Équipe: 2019-20 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 25 nov. 2019
Publié: 25 nov. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I want to start this discussion because this is a very broad topic and I'm sure all of your opinions will vary. So, let me ask you all, in terms of raw talent and ability, who is the greatest of all time?

For me, the most talented hockey player ever is Mario Lemieux. He was tremendously gifted for someone of his size. There's not one player who could undress opposing players, walk the defence and generate scoring chances quite as gracefully and frequently as Mario. It was just so effortless for him. If it weren't for injuries, he would've been the best ever.

Although the most talented athlete ever for all sports has to be Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima. His combination of speed, strength, agility and technique was superhuman.

What'd you guys think?
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1081 500 000 $19 683 167 $0 $315 000 $61 816 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
817 500 $817 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
730 833 $730 833 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Predators de Nashville
817 500 $817 500 $
C, AG
RFA - 5
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
1 666 667 $1 666 667 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
737 500 $737 500 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
8 454 000 $8 454 000 $
C
UFA - 5
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
809 167 $809 167 $
DD
RFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 nov. 2019 à 15 h 54
PatrickKaneIsGOAT
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 24
The greatest injustice in soccer history was Ronaldo Nazario winning 4 FIFA World Player Of The Year trophies and Thierry Henry winning 0. I don't believe Ronaldo ever played at a level high enough to be considered world-class, let alone win the Ballon D'or as the absolute best player. He was a below average player at best and was only relevant for maybe 4 years. Henry on the other hand was absolutely prolific in every way. He deserved to win at least 5 Ballon D'or titles throughout his career. FIFA has no credibility.
25 nov. 2019 à 15 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,179
Bo Jackson.

Bo knows athletics.
tesau315 a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2019 à 15 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
Quoting: HattrickKane88
The greatest injustice in soccer history was Ronaldo Nazario winning 4 FIFA World Player Of The Year trophies and Thierry Henry winning 0. I don't believe Ronaldo ever played at a level high enough to be considered world-class, let alone win the Ballon D'or as the absolute best player. He was a below average player at best and was only relevant for maybe 4 years. Henry on the other hand was absolutely prolific in every way. He deserved to win at least 5 Ballon D'or titles throughout his career. FIFA has no credibility.

Now I think Thierry Henry was a fantastic player, one of the best in the world during his time. But no way was he on the same level as Ronaldo, Ronaldo was a generational player and by far the best of that era. Henry in my opinion was in the same category as Rivaldo and Luis Figo. Have you ever seen Ronaldo play?
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 0
PatrickKaneIsGOAT
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Bo Jackson.

Bo knows athletics.

Bo Jackson was great but come on now. Thierry Henry was easily the greatest athlete ever.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 0
PatrickKaneIsGOAT
Quoting: MikeyThePensFan
Now I think Thierry Henry was a fantastic player, one of the best in the world during his time. But no way was he on the same level as Ronaldo, Ronaldo was a generational player and by far the best of that era. Henry in my opinion was in the same category as Rivaldo and Luis Figo. Have you ever seen Ronaldo play?

I don’t think Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima deserves to regarded as a legendary soccer player. For me, he’s not top 100 of all time. He wasn’t anything special. I saw him play during his days with AC Milan and Corinthians. He simply didn’t do anything to prove that he was an exceptional player, he was neither impactful or talented. He wasn’t a once in a generation superstar. I really don’t understand why he got so much hype, he was the most overrated player of all time. Thierry Henry was far better than him honestly.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 1
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,336
In terms of pure talent? I'd say Steve Ott.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 1
Bo Jackson was great but come on now. Thierry Henry was easily the greatest athlete ever.

How many different professional sports did Henry play?

Bo knows it's only 1.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Banni
I don’t think Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima deserves to regarded as a legendary soccer player. For me, he’s not top 100 of all time. He wasn’t anything special. I saw him play during his days with AC Milan and Corinthians. He simply didn’t do anything to prove that he was an exceptional player, he was neither impactful or talented. He wasn’t a once in a generation superstar. I really don’t understand why he got so much hype, he was the most overrated player of all time. Thierry Henry was far better than him honestly.

Not top 100 of all time? You can't be serious. His spells at AC Milan and Corinthians, he was already at the end of his career. He went through 2 major knee operations and developed a thyroid problem which caused him to gain weight. You should see him during his prime at Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid. Absolute force of nature, so dominant and influential whenever he had the ball.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 4
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855

I feel like you would have some bold thoughts on what colour the sky is. Most people would probably say blue but I bet you have some hot takes on how overrated the blue sky is. At best it's probably red and anyone who doesn't notice that is an idiot.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 4
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,241
Hands down the greatest player of all time is Connor McDavid.

If we are talking about greatest player off all time compared to the rest of the NHL in that same period, that's a different story.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 4

If we are talking about greatest player of all time compared to the rest of the NHL in that same period, that's a different story.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 6
PatrickKaneIsGOAT
Quoting: HabsForEver

If we are talking about greatest player off all time compared to the rest of the NHL in that same period, that's a different story.

I think Connor McDavid has been overhyped since his days with the Erie Otters. He hasn’t achieved anything in hockey to prove he is a generational talent. He’s only made the playoffs once in 4 seasons and couldn’t even win the OHL title back in junior when he was carried by Alex DeBrincat. It’s easy to think he’s a great player because of the way he skates but he isn’t capable of doing anything with the puck on his stick. He can’t deke or dangle past anyone and is a liability defensively. Patrick Kane in his prime was miles better than Connor McDavid will ever be.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 7
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
thierry henry played for arsehole so that automatically disqualifies him for most talented athlete.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 8
PatrickKaneIsGOAT
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I feel like you would have some bold thoughts on what colour the sky is. Most people would probably say blue but I bet you have some hot takes on how overrated the blue sky is. At best it's probably red and anyone who doesn't notice that is an idiot.

You don't even know Thierry Henry, so be quiet.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 8
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 8,871
A Pens fan picked Lemieux. Shocking. Lol
leafs101 a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 8
PatrickKaneIsGOAT
Quoting: mondo
thierry henry played for arsehole so that automatically disqualifies him for most talented athlete.

Thierry Henry was the best player in the greatest soccer team of all time, the 2003-04 Arsenal team that went undefeated. Tell me which other player went undefeated in a single season?
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 8
I think Connor McDavid has been overhyped since his days with the Erie Otters. He hasn’t achieved anything in hockey to prove he is a generational talent. He’s only made the playoffs once in 4 seasons and couldn’t even win the OHL title back in junior when he was carried by Alex DeBrincat. It’s easy to think he’s a great player because of the way he skates but he isn’t capable of doing anything with the puck on his stick. He can’t deke or dangle past anyone and is a liability defensively. Patrick Kane in his prime was miles better than Connor McDavid will ever be.

We aren't talking about greatest team. It's not McDavid's fault Edmonton can't build a good team. In terms of raw talent, Connor McDavid is the man. I read the rest of this quote and can tell you're trolling so this is where the convo ends.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 9
PatrickKaneIsGOAT
Quoting: Gofnut999
A Pens fan picked Lemieux. Shocking. Lol

Patrick Kane is WAY better than Mario Lemieux. Lemieux was nothing but a joke his entire career, he pretended to have all those flashy skills and stick handles, but he hardly had any ability to deke and dangle past opponents. He didn’t make the playoffs until his fifth season, which speaks volume about incapable he was in leading his team to success. Mario struggled with consistency because he had a poor attitude off the ice, he lacked professionalism and discipline as he spent too much time partying with girls and drinking. His poor form caused him to miss a large number of games from 1993-97. He even retired early because he stumbled under the pressure of maintaining his play at a high level. Kane has won 3 Stanley Cups whereas Lemieux only won 2, that’s what matters most.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 10
PatrickKaneIsGOAT
Quoting: MikeyThePensFan
Not top 100 of all time? You can't be serious. His spells at AC Milan and Corinthians, he was already at the end of his career. He went through 2 major knee operations and developed a thyroid problem which caused him to gain weight. You should see him during his prime at Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid. Absolute force of nature, so dominant and influential whenever he had the ball.

Quoting: mondo

Quoting: LoganOllivier

Ronaldo was only a one-dimensional poacher who waited inside the penalty area. If you watch his games, you’ll notice he couldn’t dribble the defense and generate attack on his own. He didn’t have any technique, ball control, agility, balance, vision or creativity.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 11
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 8,871
Patrick Kane is WAY better than Mario Lemieux. Lemieux was nothing but a joke his entire career, he pretended to have all those flashy skills and stick handles, but he hardly had any ability to deke and dangle past opponents. He didn’t make the playoffs until his fifth season, which speaks volume about incapable he was in leading his team to success. Mario struggled with consistency because he had a poor attitude off the ice, he lacked professionalism and discipline as he spent too much time partying with girls and drinking. His poor form caused him to miss a large number of games from 1993-97. He even retired early because he stumbled under the pressure of maintaining his play at a high level. Kane has won 3 Stanley Cups whereas Lemieux only won 2, that’s what matters most.

Lol.

Mike Wilson has 5 super bowl rings Jerry Rice only 4. So by that logic Mike Wilson was a better WR than Jerry Rice. Lol.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 11
Indisputable Video evidence of Bo Jackson's superiority.

mondo, CD282 et tesau315 a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 12
Banni
You don't even know Thierry Henry, so be quiet.

Sure I do. I bet you have some bold ideas about the First World War as well. Some call it the Great War, and I am sure you probably think all those people who think that just don't have a clue. It was an okay war at best. The American Civil war was by far the greater war.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 12
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
Thierry Henry was the best player in the greatest soccer team of all time, the 2003-04 Arsenal team that went undefeated. Tell me which other player went undefeated in a single season?

Ajax had an unbeaten season in 94-95. They also won the Champions League that year.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Ronaldo was only a one-dimensional poacher who waited inside the penalty area. If you watch his games, you’ll notice he couldn’t dribble the defense and generate attack on his own. He didn’t have any technique, ball control, agility, balance, vision or creativity.

You can't be serious. Ronaldo was renowned for his dribbling ability. He was lightning quick but he had the ball close to his feet and could take on an entire defence line. He was even more skilled and technical than Henry. Many people regard Ronaldo was the greatest dribbler in history, for you to call him a poacher, that is just straight up ignorant.
25 nov. 2019 à 16 h 13
Banni
Quoting: Gofnut999
Lol.

Mike Wilson has 5 super bowl rings Jerry Rice only 4. So by that logic Mike Wilson was a better WR than Jerry Rice. Lol.

Mario pretended his way to a lot of scoring titles. Man I wish my imagination was that strong.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage