SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

19 août 2018 à 19 h 32
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 90
I am curious, what is the holdup on the Panthers?
PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.
19 août 2018 à 19 h 54
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: flamesfan419
I'm not sure I understand your example. If I'm reading it correct, you are inferring that it's only the picks being swapped between all three teams, which if that's how you mean it, it has no bearing on this being a 3-way since we've long established that moving picks doesn't count toward trade limits.

I'm pretty sure something has to be exchanged between all teams in regards to contracts as mentioned in the post above mine.

So team A gets Joe, Jim and 1st from team B
Then Team A sends Jim to team C who now sends Jeff to team B
Something like that. Hope that helps since it's hard to envision without it being more realistic.
But basically ALL teams must be receiving something in the overall deal.

In my example, Seattle is making two completely different player-for-player trades with two different teams when they only have one trade left. I'll use current NHL team logos to make it easier to understand. Anaheim wants to trade player A to Arizona for player B, and Anaheim also wants to trade player C to Boston for player D.

Trade 1:
Anaheim Ducks Acquires
Player B
7th round pick (ARI)

Arizona Coyotes Acquires
Player A
7th round pick (ANA)

Trade 2:

Anaheim Ducks Acquires
Player D
7th round pick (BOS)

Boston Bruins Acquires
Player C
7th round pick (ARI)

They could put these two deals together and make it a 3-way deal, so in the end it would look like this:

Anaheim Ducks Acquires
Player from Boston, Player from Arizona, 7th (BOS)

Arizona Coyotes Acquires
Player from Anaheim, 7th (ANA)

Boston Bruins Acquires
Player from Anaheim, 7th (ARI)
19 août 2018 à 20 h 19
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
In my example, Seattle is making two completely different player-for-player trades with two different teams when they only have one trade left. I'll use current NHL team logos to make it easier to understand. Anaheim wants to trade player A to Arizona for player B, and Anaheim also wants to trade player C to Boston for player D.

Trade 1:
Anaheim Ducks Acquires
Player B
7th round pick (ARI)

Arizona Coyotes Acquires
Player A
7th round pick (ANA)

Trade 2:

Anaheim Ducks Acquires
Player D
7th round pick (BOS)

Boston Bruins Acquires
Player C
7th round pick (ARI)

They could put these two deals together and make it a 3-way deal, so in the end it would look like this:

Anaheim Ducks Acquires
Player from Boston, Player from Arizona, 7th (BOS)

Arizona Coyotes Acquires
Player from Anaheim, 7th (ANA)

Boston Bruins Acquires
Player from Anaheim, 7th (ARI)

I believe that counts for two trades, for Anahiem, RAIF. As Boston and Arizona have not made a trade together.
flamesfan419 et ricochetii a aimé ceci.
20 août 2018 à 19 h 18
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TMLSage
I believe that counts for two trades, for Anahiem, RAIF. As Boston and Arizona have not made a trade together.

Okay, i thought they said it only counted as one trade ... now i'm confused.
20 août 2018 à 19 h 22
GM - Canucks
Okay, i thought they said it only counted as one trade ... now i'm confused.

Well, it counts as 2 trades for Anahiem.
And 1 trade for both Boston and Arizona
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
20 août 2018 à 19 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
What three way trades count as one.

Option one.

Tampa Bay Lightning receive
Tanner Pearson
2019 2nd round pick (LAK)

Minnesota Wild receive
JT Miller

Los Angeles Kings receive
Eric Staal

Here, assets are moved in a circle as team 1 sends assets to team 2, team 2 sends assets to team 3 and team 3 sends assets to team 1.

Option two.

Tampa Bay Lightning receive
Julius Honka
Kailer Yamamoto

Dallas Stars receive
Anton Stralman
Caleb Jones

Edmonton Oilers receive
JT Miller
Radek Faksa

Here, every team receives a piece from every team in the deal and trades a piece to every team in the deal. Each team must receive a signed player from all other teams in order for the trade to be valid.
NateElder12, nobody, ricochetii and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 août 2018 à 14 h 40
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 653
@TheCommissioner @krakowitz @BoltsPoint21 @A_K @matt59

The more I have been seeing and hearing about how things have been going on behind the scenes in this game, the more annoyed I've been getting.

First a good GM @KSIxSKULLS is fired by the BOG because of "negative vibes" and now they seem unable to find a replacement.

Then I hear that @Icegirl and @flamesfan419 have been forced out of the BOG without the GMs who elected them onto the BOG having any say in the matter. And also that certain people are trying to force them to retire.

Then their replacements @A_K and @matt59 are chosen again without the GMs having any say. Admittedly they are the two people I would vote for to fill the empty BOG positions, but choosing them without a league wide vote just isn't the correct procedure.

I think that there should be elections to fill those two BOG spots as well as the spot that @BoltsPoint21 got because he had the most votes of everyone that didn't make it onto the original BOG even though the spot became open over a month after the original BOG was selected.

The GM Game is supposed to be a democracy. All the GMs should get a chance to vote on who is on the BOG. I think that we need to establish clear rules about removals and additions on the BOG.

I'm not even going to go into up the total **** show that the Ty Smith trade renegotiation has become right now, but something definitely needs to change in the trade renegotiation policy as well.
KSIxSKULLS et Max a aimé ceci.
23 août 2018 à 14 h 49
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: TonyStrecher

The more I have been seeing and hearing about how things have been going on behind the scenes in this game, the more annoyed I've been getting.

First a good GM @KSIxSKULLS is fired by the BOG because of "negative vibes" and now they seem unable to find a replacement.

Then I hear that @Icegirl and @flamesfan419 have been forced out of the BOG without the GMs who elected them onto the BOG having any say in the matter. And also that certain people are trying to force them to retire.

Then their replacements @A_K and @matt59 are chosen again without the GMs having any say. Admittedly they are the two people I would vote for to fill the empty BOG positions, but choosing them without a league wide vote just isn't the correct procedure.

I think that there should be elections to fill those two BOG spots as well as the spot that @BoltsPoint21 got because he had the most votes of everyone that didn't make it onto the original BOG even though the spot became open over a month after the original BOG was selected.

The GM Game is supposed to be a democracy. All the GMs should get a chance to vote on who is on the BOG. I think that we need to establish clear rules about removals and additions on the BOG.

I'm not even going to go into up the total **** show that the Ty Smith trade renegotiation has become right now, but something definitely needs to change in the trade renegotiation policy as well.

I am happy I was the first falling stone.. by the sounds of it, i would've quit by now anyways
23 août 2018 à 15 h 11
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016

For the record (and to anybody reading this), they wanted me gone from the BOG, not from the game entirely.
23 août 2018 à 16 h 5
alwaysnextyear
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,566
Hi BOG,

I’d just like to give my account of the trades that have certain people upset, and I think it’s better I do it here than on the Twitter feed.

Trade 1: Smith for 2019 1st (NJD), Boqvist
I was Harrison’s AGM during this deal and I felt we got the better end of it, although I still feel it wasn’t a fleece as I think Smith is the most valuable piece. After Hagg was removed from the original deal, we thought that issue had been resolved and the trade was finalized. If that’s not the case and a further adjustment must be made by the BOG then that’s fine, but I feel that the trade shouldn’t be cancelled.

Trade 2: Hall, Schneider (50%) for Pettersson, Juolevi, 2019 1st (NJD), Del Zotto
I understand that the only issue anyone has with this trade is that the NJ 1st was involved again. I feel that we should really view this trade as completely separate from the 1st one, as the GM and direction of the NJ team had changed, and I feel I did my due diligence in putting Hall OTB and gathering best offers before making my decision. I think it’s a very fair deal for two teams heading in opposite directions.

Trade 3: Johansson, Bratt, Smith for Dobson, Hartman, 2020 2nd (VAN)
I was originally offered Hartman and a 2nd for Bratt. After I made it clear to COL that I was interested in upgrading D prospects from Smith to Dobson, MoJo became an essential part of the deal for COL. I may have lost this deal in overall value, but I really feel I got the best piece in Dobson.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks, Always
23 août 2018 à 16 h 18
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Hi BOG,

I’d just like to give my account of the trades that have certain people upset, and I think it’s better I do it here than on the Twitter feed.

Trade 1: Smith for 2019 1st (NJD), Boqvist
I was Harrison’s AGM during this deal and I felt we got the better end of it, although I still feel it wasn’t a fleece as I think Smith is the most valuable piece. After Hagg was removed from the original deal, we thought that issue had been resolved and the trade was finalized. If that’s not the case and a further adjustment must be made by the BOG then that’s fine, but I feel that the trade shouldn’t be cancelled.

Trade 2: Hall, Schneider (50%) for Pettersson, Juolevi, 2019 1st (NJD), Del Zotto
I understand that the only issue anyone has with this trade is that the NJ 1st was involved again. I feel that we should really view this trade as completely separate from the 1st one, as the GM and direction of the NJ team had changed, and I feel I did my due diligence in putting Hall OTB and gathering best offers before making my decision. I think it’s a very fair deal for two teams heading in opposite directions.

Trade 3: Johansson, Bratt, Smith for Dobson, Hartman, 2020 2nd (VAN)
I was originally offered Hartman and a 2nd for Bratt. After I made it clear to COL that I was interested in upgrading D prospects from Smith to Dobson, MoJo became an essential part of the deal for COL. I may have lost this deal in overall value, but I really feel I got the best piece in Dobson.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks, Always

Thanks for the insights on these deals. Check your DMs for our recommendations on restructuring Trade 1. Trade 2 at this point will stand. Trade 3 is fresh and we will take our alotted time to notify you if there is BOG action. Off the record, I think it'll be fine, but we have a process to discuss each noteworthy trade as they come in.
LicMysak et phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
23 août 2018 à 16 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161

Let's be clear here, the main reason that it was decided to appoint BOG members this time is so that we are guaranteed to have the leadership group we wanted. You know damn well that if we had a vote that the best possible group may not be assembled which sucks. Now, as for KSI, it's not about his GM performance. It's his attitude. he oftentimes rubbed people to wrong way and when we confronted him about certain stuff he acted out against us aswell. Nobody has ever tried to force @flamesfan419 or @Icegirl to retire. We always wanted them to remain in the game as they are quality GM's. I get you may not be happy about the way the new BOG was assembled but this is the best group we could have. I don't think anybody else is really complaining about the group we have. If anything, people were complaining about the previous group. I think the trade reneogtiation policy is pretty clear. I don't particularly remember agreeing to the trade proposal for removing Hagg from the deal as it's still lopsided.
KSIxSKULLS et krakowitz a aimé ceci.
23 août 2018 à 16 h 21
GM - Canucks
Quoting: TheCommissioner
Let's be clear here, the main reason that it was decided to appoint BOG members this time is so that we are guaranteed to have the leadership group we wanted. You know damn well that if we had a vote that the best possible group may not be assembled which sucks. Now, as for KSI, it's not about his GM performance. It's his attitude. he oftentimes rubbed people to wrong way and when we confronted him about certain stuff he acted out against us aswell. Nobody has ever tried to force @flamesfan419 or @Icegirl to retire. We always wanted them to remain in the game as they are quality GM's. I get you may not be happy about the way the new BOG was assembled but this is the best group we could have. I don't think anybody else is really complaining about the group we have. If anything, people were complaining about the previous group. I think the trade reneogtiation policy is pretty clear. I don't particularly remember agreeing to the trade proposal for removing Hagg from the deal as it's still lopsided.

I disagree that this is the best group of BOG members.
23 août 2018 à 17 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161

Well, you're one of very few who thinks so
nobody et HotsamBatcho a aimé ceci.
23 août 2018 à 17 h 53
Mentions "j'aime": 987
Wait both @Icegirl and @flamesfan419 are no longer BOG members
23 août 2018 à 17 h 57
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 653
Quoting: Max

Yeah I didn't realise until yesterday. They were both removed and replaced with AK and Matt. Idk when it happened
Max a aimé ceci.
23 août 2018 à 17 h 57
Mentions "j'aime": 987

Its better then the alternative
23 août 2018 à 17 h 58
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Mentions "j'aime": 1,259
Quoting: Max

Nope. They were forced out, courtesy of the the commish and the other 2 BOG members.
23 août 2018 à 18 h 1
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: GronkNation
Nope. They were forced out, courtesy of the the commish and the other 2 BOG members.

giphy.gif

We used to do votes in the past versions, however there are some other stuff flying around right now so I'm not sure if it's the best time. Regardless, there should be elections at some point if thats what most GMs want.
23 août 2018 à 18 h 2
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: phillyjabroni
giphy.gif

We used to do votes in the past versions, however there are some other stuff flying around right now so I'm not sure if it's the best time. Regardless, there should be elections at some point if thats what most GMs want.

Didnt we have a vote at the beginning of v3? Why didn't it happen this time... They gotta straighten their **** out or else a lot more gms are leaving.
TonyStrecher a aimé ceci.
23 août 2018 à 18 h 7
GM - Canucks
Part of me doesn't want the BOG to be a united bunch of "yes men". Part of the reason why I liked Kayla and Brett, because they usually stand up for their opinions.
Gronk, TonyStrecher, flamesfan419 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
23 août 2018 à 18 h 14
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
o75w.gif
23 août 2018 à 20 h 13
Black Lives Matter
Yeah I didn't realise until yesterday. They were both removed and replaced with AK and Matt. Idk when it happened

I didn't realize until just now.
Max et TonyStrecher a aimé ceci.
24 août 2018 à 0 h 3
Black Lives Matter
Just noticed now, why does the thread title include '2017-18 Gm Game' ... it's the 2018-19 game.
nobody a aimé ceci.
24 août 2018 à 0 h 7
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Just noticed now, why does the thread title include '2017-18 Gm Game' ... it's the 2018-19 game.

Laziness that's why

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage