SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

17 nov. 2017 à 19 h 50
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 653
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
1. We have already decided on a draft pick removal for teams who didn't do waivers, as we warned them multiple times and they still have failed to comply.
2. Any prospects who have not been drafted and their rights aren't owned by any teams cannot be signed as UFA's.
3. Since they were waived IRL, they are in turn waived for the game.
4. I can't release PR's and trade rankings because philly hasn't been around and the spreadsheet for everything is his.
5. Since Matt hasn't provided real evidence to support why Thornton's NMC should be waived, I vote against allowing it to be waived (pending philly's vote)

What about players on AHL contracts with our teams minor league affiliates?
17 nov. 2017 à 19 h 51
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 653
Quoting: TonyStrecher

The issue with this is that certain teams have decided that it is within their rights to claim the players that Washington has in the AHL that are waiver eligible (Stephenson, Djoos and a couple others). Since the BOE isn't policing the waivers thread they all believed that they claimed these players and added them to their teams. If this is allowed then all GMs should be notified, likewise if it is not.

EDIT: Are you saying that we are not allowed to claim these players?

Oops
17 nov. 2017 à 20 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161

If they haven't done waivers and their players were claimed, that's their problem. Obviously they should've completed a mandatory thing just like everybody else and should have known that they had players who would potentially be claimed otherwise. The draft pick revocation could be 3rd or even 2nd round picks, depending on the GM, and how many times they were warned.

The issue with this is that certain teams have decided that it is within their rights to claim the players that Washington has in the AHL that are waiver eligible (Stephenson, Djoos and a couple others). Since the BOE isn't policing the waivers thread they all believed that they claimed these players and added them to their teams. If this is allowed then all GMs should be notified, likewise if it is not.

Oh I didn't know that was happening. No that can't happen. All players claimed from Washington that were in the minors must be removed from their teams.
17 nov. 2017 à 20 h 23
1. We have already decided on a draft pick removal for teams who didn't do waivers, as we warned them multiple times and they still have failed to comply.
2. Any prospects who have not been drafted and their rights aren't owned by any teams cannot be signed as UFA's.
3. Since they were waived IRL, they are in turn waived for the game.
4. I can't release PR's and trade rankings because philly hasn't been around and the spreadsheet for everything is his.
5. Since Matt hasn't provided real evidence to support why Thornton's NMC should be waived, I vote against allowing it to be waived (pending philly's vote)

What about players on AHL contracts with our teams minor league affiliates?

No, because their rights aren't owned by the NHL team.
17 nov. 2017 à 20 h 35
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,392

Oh I didn't know that was happening. No that can't happen. All players claimed from Washington that were in the minors must be removed from their teams.

Come up with a system for them to get claimed AND punish Math first
unbjoncar et TonyStrecher a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2017 à 20 h 40
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,364
Quoting: krakowitz

Math already had to forfeit picks. BOE, can you give Math a date to have his 23 man roster established and players placed on waivers? then if he doesn't comply, all teams can claim anyone not appearing on his roster who is waiver eligible. and to no benefit of my own, I think this should be done after Oct power rankings can reset the waiver priority list.
TonyStrecher a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2017 à 21 h 9
Quoting: AK_tune

Math already had to forfeit picks. BOE, can you give Math a date to have his 23 man roster established and players placed on waivers? then if he doesn't comply, all teams can claim anyone not appearing on his roster who is waiver eligible. and to no benefit of my own, I think this should be done after Oct power rankings can reset the waiver priority list.

I'm going to contact him on his page.
17 nov. 2017 à 21 h 14
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820

Boston as well. Only Beleskey on waivers.
20 nov. 2017 à 9 h 48
Lets Go Blues
How do teams that are tied in the Power Rankings determine waiver priority?
20 nov. 2017 à 11 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 2,886
How do teams that are tied in the Power Rankings determine waiver priority?

Who is tied or is this just a general question?
20 nov. 2017 à 11 h 46
Lets Go Blues
Modifié 20 nov. 2017 à 13 h 34
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Who is tied or is this just a general question?

I think Max (NYR) and I (DET / Asst Jack Eichel) are tied. Edit: However, we're not in the lead on that claim anymore.
20 nov. 2017 à 13 h 58
WentWughes
Mentions "j'aime": 10,343
What is the rule around contract termination?
20 nov. 2017 à 15 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

you have to present the contract you want to terminate and explain why it should be terminated
20 nov. 2017 à 15 h 9
WentWughes

you have to present the contract you want to terminate and explain why it should be terminated

Could I do something like
Colin Greening - Wants to play in the NHL, Clear he isnt going to get his shot with Toronto?
Brandon Bollig - Same situation as Colin Greening, wants to go to the NHL
20 nov. 2017 à 17 h 56
Former Hockey Fan
Mentions "j'aime": 10,521
Florida Panthers
The Florida Panthers would like to sign Jarome Iginla to a 1 year league minimum amount contract.
20 nov. 2017 à 17 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: EthanK24
Florida Panthers
The Florida Panthers would like to sign Jarome Iginla to a 1 year league minimum amount contract.

Jarome Iginla does not have a current NHL contract, therefore, he cannot be claimed.
20 nov. 2017 à 19 h 16
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,652
A few GMs are telling me i have to place more players on waivers ... i though pre-season waivers were over a while ago?
20 nov. 2017 à 19 h 20
Living the dream
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,022
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
A few GMs are telling me i have to place more players on waivers ... i though pre-season waivers were over a while ago?

They were supposed to be, but a few GMs forgot to do it or didn't complete it. You waived McCormick and Randell, but you had more players. It's not too late though.
20 nov. 2017 à 19 h 47
Emotionally in 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,392
BoE --

I need to take a leave of absence, effective immediately. There are things going on in my personal life that require more attention than this game does at the moment. I do not know how long I will be gone, nor can I give you a timeframe. I'd like to stay in the game, but if I need to forfeit my team, so be it. Please let me know if I can still keep my team or not.

Thanks,
krakowitz
20 nov. 2017 à 21 h 22
Living the dream
It appears that we've been operating under the assumption that teams will not move to the back of the waiver order after claiming a player (like in real life). However, I've talked to a few people, and some people want that to be the case (like in v1). Could we perhaps do a league wide poll about whether a waiver claim should or should not move a team to the back in priority?
20 nov. 2017 à 21 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Icegirl
It appears that we've been operating under the assumption that teams will not move to the back of the waiver order after claiming a player (like in real life). However, I've talked to a few people, and some people want that to be the case (like in v1). Could we perhaps do a league wide poll about whether a waiver claim should or should not move a team to the back in priority?

There was no assumption, thats how IRL waivers works and thats how this waiver system works.

You may set up some sort of offline poll or canvas team pages in order to gather data, but we aren't going to make polls for agenda items that don't have ample amounts of interest.
20 nov. 2017 à 21 h 43
WentWughes

There was no assumption, thats how IRL waivers works and thats how this waiver system works.

You may set up some sort of offline poll or canvas team pages in order to gather data, but we aren't going to make polls for agenda items that don't have ample amounts of interest.

So if you claim a player you move down to 31st Priority?
20 nov. 2017 à 21 h 57
Lets Go Blues

How are we going to keep track of that without having a designated person to monitor waivers at all times?
20 nov. 2017 à 21 h 58
Living the dream

How are we going to keep track of that without having a designated person to monitor waivers at all times?

I'd totally do it
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
20 nov. 2017 à 21 h 59
Lets Go Blues

I'd totally do it

if you're up for it I'd be all for it. starting right now I guess?
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage