Forums/Armchair-GM

The Yzerplan Is Expired

Créé par: IDKtbh
Équipe: 2024-25 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 1 juin 2024
Publié: 1 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Say what you want about “mortgaging the future” but, I’d be a fool to trust Yzerman and wait for his draft picks to develop while he signs bust free agent after another, dangling a mediocre team that can’t score or play defense in front of us for the last several seasons.

He’s been mediocre at best as a GM and it’s time we aggressively built a real team.

Starting with the Marner trade; I find it very difficult to gauge what the return would need to be and/or if TOR would even choose to trade Marner to Detroit however, I think the package is a strong one. Detroit needs star power and they have lacked any offensive identity since the euro twins departed.

I’m plugging Mitch at 1C and he’d guaranteed top 100 points on that line. Between Cat, Kane & Marner somebody damn sure will top 50 goals.

Rounding out the forwards, there’s depth all the way through and guys like Copp or Compher aren’t going to need to be forced into a role they aren’t suited for like playing in the top 6. I’m bringing up Kasper - the kid can play. He looked like an NHLer the first time he stepped on the ice in the big leagues and it’s time to inject him into a position to succeed in the top 6. I put him on the wing where he can develop alongside Larkin and waste no time banging around in the bottom 6. If the kid is has a destiny to become a star, then that’s the path he needs to be on, not abusing his body on a grind line or playing against inferior competition in the minors.

As for the defense; it’s been terrible for years. Walman is certainly gifted offensively and is fun to watch at times. Unfortunately though, he’s really only fun to watch in overtime when he can really show off his wheels, otherwise he’s probably in the conversation for worst “top pair” defenseman in the league. Playing alongside Seider hid some of his shortcomings but he certainly did not belong in the top pair. An NHL top pair defenseman has no room for shortcomings, they shouldn’t have to make up for the others flaws, they should simply compliment one another. Someone like Brodin alongside Seider, would really allow both players to shine and we’d certainly see more of that surprising offense from Seider that was so prevalent in his rookie year.

Going down the rest of the D, I tried to create the most physical, defensive focused group, while also maintaining the offensive prowess and puck moving ability, which I think each player from top to bottom at the very least possesses the latter.

The defense pairings I made are complimentary to playing styles. Pesce, a defensive focused veteran should be a good match for the dynamic & offensively gifted Edvinsson, and the physicality, skill & familiarity between Xhekaj & Petry could end up being one of the better 3rd pairings in the entire league.

As far as goaltending goes - Silovs is who I’m keen on, however, I’m not convinced VAN has much motivation to move him, especially if he comes at that price (I used Kochetkov as contract comp) but, I think it may be enticing to VAN to potentially add the offensively gifted Walman at a reasonable price with a few of their defenseman potentially departing.

Anyhow, if not Silovs, then another short term solution at goaltender on a 2-3 year deal to bridge us to Cossa.

PS: I kinda cheated on this cuz I have Chiarot on LTIR, so let’s just assume he got hit by a car leaving practice and he’s out for the year. Or maybe figure out a trade where we have to sacrifice some picks or whatever.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
67 250 000 $
88 125 000 $
31 850 000 $
31 625 000 $
32 100 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
65 250 000 $
35 500 000 $
Transactions
DET
  1. Xhekaj, Arber [Droits de RFA]
MTL
  1. Johansson, Albert [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (DAL)
DET
  1. Silovs, Arturs [Droits de RFA]
DET
  1. Sturm, Nico (1 000 000 $ retained)
SJS
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Husso, Ville
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (DET)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2026 (DET)
Détails additionnels:
2028 2nd round pick (DET) to SJS
DET
  1. Marner, Mitchell
Détails additionnels:
Detroit extension 8 years $11.25m AAV
TOR
  1. Danielson, Nate
  2. Fabbri, Robby
  3. Veleno, Joseph [Droits de RFA]
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (DET)
  5. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (DET)
  6. Choix de 2e ronde en 2026 (DET)
DET
  1. Brodin, Jonas
Détails additionnels:
Huge upgrade from Walman - a bonafide top pairing two-way defenseman that actually plays defense.
MIN
  1. Cleveland, Brady [Liste de réserve]
  2. Määttä, Olli
  3. McIsaac, Jared [Droits de RFA]
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (DET)
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (DET)
Détails additionnels:
I would imagine Billy Guerin could find better ways of clearing cap than to trade one of its best players away but if he did, I think this is a pretty decent haul.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de NJD
Logo de DET
Logo de BOS
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2088 000 000 $87 594 807 $0 $1 850 000 $405 193 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
UFA
886 667 $886 667 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
C
RFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 7
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 4
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
878 333 $878 333 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
DD
RFA
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
G
RFA
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DD
UFA
900 000 $900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 625 000 $1 625 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 juin à 7 h 27
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 66
That does not land you Xhekaj.
IDKtbh, Campabee, jpsnow13 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 7 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,427
Quoting: SLAFGOATSKY
That does not land you Xhekaj.

I can respect that. Personally I think Xhekaj is worth a 2nd round pick straight up. The kid is just scratching the surface - he’s going to be a good player in this league for a long time.

It is my opinion also that Johannson’s value is around a 3rd round pick or better, which is why in my estimation adding the 4th rounder culminates that 2nd round value (or better).

But again, personally I am very high on Arber so I would actually give up as much as a 2nd + Johannson for him.
1 juin à 7 h 37
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,106
That top line wins about 35% in the face off circle. 20 man roster 400K being on LTIR so no accruing cap space. Good luck
1 juin à 7 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: Dan_the_Man
That top line wins about 35% in the face off circle. 20 man roster 400K being on LTIR so no accruing cap space. Good luck

Certainly not the best in the face off dot, however Kane is 38% for his career and in his highest volume year he was around 42%. DeBrincat is a career 40% man in the circle and Marner is 45% and during his highest volume season he was at 53% so, I think they’d be just fine.

There’s always room to get creative with the cap. There’s $13m on that 3rd line that could be dealt with if needed.
1 juin à 7 h 54
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,574
Quoting: IDKtbh
I can respect that. Personally I think Xhekaj is worth a 2nd round pick straight up. The kid is just scratching the surface - he’s going to be a good player in this league for a long time.

It is my opinion also that Johannson’s value is around a 3rd round pick or better, which is why in my estimation adding the 4th rounder culminates that 2nd round value (or better).

But again, personally I am very high on Arber so I would actually give up as much as a 2nd + Johannson for him.

You just don't get it. MTL values him as 1st and the only reason they would consider trading him away is because they have a surplus of LHD and a lack of foward prospects.

Downgrading a LHD for another while adding a low pick they already have plenty of is useless to them.
Campabee et habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 7 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: habitantlecolon
Xhekaj is not on the market unless you offer Larkin

Funny.
1 juin à 7 h 58
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,484
Marner is not waiving for Detroit and Leafs aren’t trading him in division. If he even gets moved which I doubt
1 juin à 8 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: jpsnow13
You just don't get it. MTL values him as 1st and the only reason they would consider trading him away is because they have a surplus of LHD and a lack of foward prospects.

Downgrading a LHD for another while adding a low pick they already have plenty of is useless to them.

Your post could do without the “you just don’t get it” part. But thanks.

They can value him at whatever they want or whatever it is you think would be required in a deal, bottom line is though, nobody is paying a 1st round pick for Arber Xhekaj. I’m probably his biggest fan outside of Montreal and the difference for me is I have no personal bias to the team or the player that clouds my judgement from reality. The kid is worth a 2nd round pick and MAYBE a low tier prospect.

You don’t want another LHD prospect? Cool, swap him for a forward. MTL will NOT get a 1st round pick for him; that simply won’t happen. And if some team comes along and offers a 2nd round pick + C+ or better prospect as a suggested I’d be for, they would certainly take that.
1 juin à 8 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: MitchJr
Marner is not waiving for Detroit and Leafs aren’t trading him in division. If he even gets moved which I doubt

I could see the point about TOR not wanting to trade him to Detroit although, I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that he wouldn’t waive for DET.

Why do you doubt he gets moved? This core in TOR is skilled and exciting but it isn’t translating into the success they’ve been hoping for now several years. Somebody is going to get moved and I’d imagine Tavares would be the preferred choice however, he’s also the one with the lowest trade value and least likely to want to leave.

Mathews is going nowhere and neither is Nylander; that leaves Marner.
1 juin à 8 h 18
You know nothing JS
Modifié 1 juin à 8 h 24

They can value him at whatever they want or whatever it is you think would be required in a deal, bottom line is though, nobody is paying a 1st round pick for Arber Xhekaj. I’m probably his biggest fan outside of Montreal and the difference for me is I have no personal bias to the team or the player that clouds my judgement from reality. The kid is worth a 2nd round pick and MAYBE a low tier prospect.

You don’t want another LHD prospect? Cool, swap him for a forward. MTL will NOT get a 1st round pick for him; that simply won’t happen. And if some team comes along and offers a 2nd round pick + C+ or better prospect as a suggested I’d be for, they would certainly take that.

This website is full of people drooling on a big fast gritty defender with a hell of a shot, while claiming he's worth nothing.

You need to understand nobody cares what a buyer like you is ready to offer, MTL will happily keep him without an overpay. MTL has 5 picks in the top 64 in the next 2 drafts, your 2nd doesn't move the needle.

I'll try again. Without a good 1st round pick offer, Xhekaj isn't available. Got it now?
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 8 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
You need to understand nobody cares what a buyer like you is ready to offer, MTL will happily keep him without an overpay.

I'll try again. Without a good 1st round pick offer, Xhekaj isn't available. Got it now?

Chill with the condescending remarks. Just state your opinions, you don’t need to speak to me like you got all the answers like I’m your child and must adhere to what you have to say. Have some respect for yourself.
KentMcNally et Dan_the_Man a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 8 h 26
You know nothing JS
Chill with the condescending remarks. Just state your opinions, you don’t need to speak to me like you got all the answers like I’m your child and must adhere to what you have to say. Have some respect for yourself.

I'm decisive.

I would argue your lowball offer is pretty condescending.

I obviously know the player, the team deph and needs better than you do. Get down your high horse.
1 juin à 8 h 27
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,195
Canucks pass.were not trading our goalie of the future.IMHO.
1 juin à 8 h 40
Motown19
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Ken Holland traded away every 1st rounder and had plenty of bad contracts not to mention he decimated the entire farm system, our AHL team was like 28 year old average. you can't rebuild an organization in 5 drafts. this was the 1st season where the AHL team had plenty of yzerman's draft picks. he hasn't been perfect but this is why teams shouldn't always go for it every year. You probably weren't complaining about all those horrible deals Holland made the last 5 years of his tenure to keep the streak going. This is a true rebuild in every sense of the word and they take 8-10 years especially without a #1 overall pick
Lancebmx et JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 8 h 49
Banni
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,649

The Habs were already reportedly offered a young former 1st round pick with 2nd line potential (speculation was Tyson Forester or Morgan Frost) and declined it, this offer doesn't come near that. Hughes and company know he has 2nd pairing potential and are not going to sell him for less than they feel he is worth to the Habs, other GM's evaluation of him matters very little since we don't want to trade Xhekaj, therefore it is going to take whatever price Hughes is asking for him to be traded and a 2nd clearly is not going to cut it.
1 juin à 8 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
I'm decisive.

I would argue your lowball offer is pretty condescending.

I obviously know the player, the team deph and needs better than you do. Get down your high horse.

There is no high horse. You’re not the owner of the team. You’re not the GM. You’re just a fan.

Preach to yourself.
1 juin à 8 h 59
Banni
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,649
Quoting: Fergy72
Ken Holland traded away every 1st rounder and had plenty of bad contracts not to mention he decimated the entire farm system, our AHL team was like 28 year old average. you can't rebuild an organization in 5 drafts. this was the 1st season where the AHL team had plenty of yzerman's draft picks. he hasn't been perfect but this is why teams shouldn't always go for it every year. You probably weren't complaining about all those horrible deals Holland made the last 5 years of his tenure to keep the streak going. This is a true rebuild in every sense of the word and they take 8-10 years especially without a #1 overall pick

If it takes 8-10 years to rebuild a team in today's NHL you are doing it very wrong. It should take a max of 5 years, first two years should be the sell off aquiring as many 1sts and 2nds as possible and finishing in the top 5-10 of the draft. Next 2 years should be the development years (finishing 10-16th in the draft) each year building on the next with your top prospects already securing roster spots. Final year is the filling out of the roster, signing FA's, trading for veteran leaders with playoff experience (preferably former cup winners) and proven playoff preformers. This 5th year should be the first taste of the playoffs either as a WC team or 3rd place divisional leader. The prospects are so close in skill these days and the development departments invest so much time and money that it no longer takes a prospect 4-5 years to be NHL ready, even lower round picks start taking roster spots in the first 3 years now.
IDKtbh a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 9 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: remowilliams
Canucks pass.were not trading our goalie of the future.IMHO.

Thatcher Demko is a Vezina caliber goaltender and is in his prime at just 28. You got about 5 more years of elite play from him assuming he stays healthy, if not another 2-3 years beyond that. If this postseason was any indication, Silovs will have priced himself out of Vancouver within 3 seasons or less, unless Demko is traded.
1 juin à 9 h 5
You know nothing JS
There is no high horse. You’re not the owner of the team. You’re not the GM. You’re just a fan.

Preach to yourself.

I'm a fan who knows MTL's depth chart and draft capital. It's still one notch over you. A decent person would have had the humility to recognize that from the start. Womp womp.
1 juin à 9 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: Fergy72

No, actually I was not happy with a majority of the bad contracts he signed a majority of his players to. To be frank, the only two contracts I actually liked outside of the superstar deals (which we needed to make), ended up actually being 2 of the worst contracts on our books; Stephen Weiss & Frans Nielsen, lol. I was happy about those two signings if I’m being honest, even though I did not agree with the attempt at remaining mildly competitive and signing anybody to long term deals at the time; I’d be lying if I said I did not fancy those two players. I was wrong and so was Ken Holland.

But I hated all the others, and in fairness, I did not agree with keeping the aging core together for the amount of time we did. I hate the traditional concept of making our players “lifers”, like, I would have traded Zetterberg to somewhere like Vancouver to play with the Sedin’s, Datsyuk to Washington, Kronwall etc. Lidstrom’s retirement should have signaled the end of that era and in 2013 or so, we could have gotten significant returns for all of those players and been able to maneuver a quicker than normal rebuild, like 2, maybe 3 years. But they have their traditions and they also wanted to keep the playoff streak alive which was completely silly. And I’m not speaking in hindsight, these were my sentiments then.

Yzerman’s tenure here, I’m not going to sit here and list all the things he’s done and/or hasn’t done since he’s taken over that I’ve disagreed with, which is just about everything except 2 or 3 transactions and I identified my displeasure for his moves or lackthereof in the moment. He’s no Jim Nill.
1 juin à 9 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
I'm a fan who knows MTL's depth chart and draft capital. It's still one notch over you. A decent person would have had the humility to recognize that from the start. Womp womp.

My man, you got 7,000 posts on here and you still haven’t matured from being a troll, huh? You have zero notches over me in anything, you have no idea what I know and don’t know and I the same of you. Grow up, learn some dignity, and don’t talk about things like humility until you have some yourself.
1 juin à 9 h 20
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,780
Quoting: Campabee
If it takes 8-10 years to rebuild a team in today's NHL you are doing it very wrong. It should take a max of 5 years, first two years should be the sell off aquiring as many 1sts and 2nds as possible and finishing in the top 5-10 of the draft. Next 2 years should be the development years (finishing 10-16th in the draft) each year building on the next with your top prospects already securing roster spots. Final year is the filling out of the roster, signing FA's, trading for veteran leaders with playoff experience (preferably former cup winners) and proven playoff preformers. This 5th year should be the first taste of the playoffs either as a WC team or 3rd place divisional leader. The prospects are so close in skill these days and the development departments invest so much time and money that it no longer takes a prospect 4-5 years to be NHL ready, even lower round picks start taking roster spots in the first 3 years now.

That's not true at all and it depends on the team also lottery luck. Yzerman took over in 2019 with a ton of bad contracts and an empty prospect cupboard. It takes time to build through the draft and you can't hit on every player. Your timeline is extremely unrealistic.
ISeeBlueHeLooks a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 9 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: Campabee
The Habs were already reportedly offered a young former 1st round pick with 2nd line potential (speculation was Tyson Forester or Morgan Frost) and declined it, this offer doesn't come near that. Hughes and company know he has 2nd pairing potential and are not going to sell him for less than they feel he is worth to the Habs, other GM's evaluation of him matters very little since we don't want to trade Xhekaj, therefore it is going to take whatever price Hughes is asking for him to be traded and a 2nd clearly is not going to cut it.

I mean, we’ll see what happens; rumors, speculation, etc, can all only be taken with a grain of salt anyhow. If I’m MTL, I’m not trading him at all. I know he’s a LHD but I think he could play RD as well. But more than likely one of your guys, that you like will be moved.
1 juin à 9 h 27
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,484
Modifié 1 juin à 9 h 33
I could see the point about TOR not wanting to trade him to Detroit although, I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that he wouldn’t waive for DET.

Why do you doubt he gets moved? This core in TOR is skilled and exciting but it isn’t translating into the success they’ve been hoping for now several years. Somebody is going to get moved and I’d imagine Tavares would be the preferred choice however, he’s also the one with the lowest trade value and least likely to want to leave.

Mathews is going nowhere and neither is Nylander; that leaves Marner.

First off, I know nothing - just my gut that Marner will only waive under two circumstances:
1/ The team he is going to allow will afford him chance to win & opportunity to maximize his next deal
2/ He would be willing to extend on an 8 year deal
Personally, I don’t see Detroit fitting either of those criteria and I also don’t see Marner extending for an Atlantic team; that would feel too much like a fku to Leafs fans.

Leafs do need to change something but losing a trade involving Marner seems like a ‘fan’ overreaction & not one a professional GM would do. If there’s a fair trade - they may consider, but again - just my gut - tells me they run it back one more year with key additions on back end. $22M in cap freeing up next summer so they can make big changes then.
Leafs have been disappointing over a number of years so narrative is always going to be nuclear negative but Leafs lost the series b/c of injury (Willy, Matthews & Woll - all critical pieces) & anemic special teams. Hope for the best with the former and they changed the coach to address the latter
remowilliams a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 9 h 29
You know nothing JS
My man, you got 7,000 posts on here and you still haven’t matured from being a troll, huh? You have zero notches over me in anything, you have no idea what I know and don’t know and I the same of you. Grow up, learn some dignity, and don’t talk about things like humility until you have some yourself.

Offering a useless LHD and a useless low pick for a high value unique prospect was a marvelous idea of yours. Oh please enlighten me of paragraphs of the "unbiased" opinion of "Xhekaj's biggest fan outside of Montreal". Better?

All I said was that your offer was **** and that your rationale was flawed. But you keep answering making personnal attacks over and over. Attacking the person instead of the argument is a serious lack of maturity.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage