Forums/Armchair-GM

Marner yes or no

Créé par: fil97
Équipe: 2024-25 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 30 avr. 2024
Publié: 1 mai 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description

imo I would not go for Marner, love the player, definitely would be great to see him play with one of Sid or Geno but don't think this is a realistic move for two reasons:

1. very hard trade to make. it also depends on how much Toronto wants to get rid of him to start something different. a trade that looks like this I believe is the max dubas would be willing to give up, a first a very good prospect in Broz a goalie that has some upside to be a good backup and a roster player. (I gave rakell back because I think he can fit well in tor and is the better roster player I'm willing to part ways with. contract is long so if TOR just wants cap space they can get smith and send him somewhere else or if TOR prefers a D graves is even better for pit)

I actually could see jarry going back instead of rakell if pit signs ned.

2. I really don't think Toronto should trade Marner as a rental where this is the max they will get back (see guentzel trade)
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
2925 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
45 750 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Middleton, Jake
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2026 (MIN)
MIN
  1. Joseph, Pierre-Olivier [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2026 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (ARI)
PIT
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
CAR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PHI)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de ARI
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 500 000 $87 406 509 $0 $160 000 $93 491 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
950 000 $950 000 $
C, AG, AD
RFA
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA
805 833 $805 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD
RFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
C
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
886 667 $886 667 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
G
RFA - 2
886 667 $886 667 $
DG
RFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $
DD
RFA
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 mai à 6 h 37
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,479
Simply put, Pit doesn't have the assets to give up for Marner
1 mai à 6 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,354
Gotta think TOR will be looking for Pickering and Yager to be included here, especially if you're dumping Rakell on them.
1 mai à 8 h 29
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 463
this is no where close to a deal for marner, a 4 year cap dump in Rakell and a 25 year old goalie who has never played an NHL game. Funny stuff right there.
SK101 et DeclanLovesHockey a aimé ceci.
1 mai à 9 h 1
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 11,095
The Leafs won last night and Marner had an assist. The cost to acquire him just skyrocketed!
fil97 a aimé ceci.
1 mai à 9 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,257
Very doubtful Leafs move Marner or that he waives his NMC, but why are you assuming Pitt would/could be the only home for him. Ridiculous premise - far more likely that Leafs keep him and he either extends or walks. They don’t dump him for scraps 🤦🏻
1 mai à 10 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 283
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Simply put, Pit doesn't have the assets to give up for Marner

Quoting: python3504
this is no where close to a deal for marner, a 4 year cap dump in Rakell and a 25 year old goalie who has never played an NHL game. Funny stuff right there.

1. every team in the NHL has the assets to acquire Marner. every single NHL team.

2. rakell is not a dump, but either way take him out of the trade no big deal.

3. the main part of the deal is Broz and a 1st which is exactly what guentzel (same level player) was worth. not saying this is the trade or the right one but he isn't going to cost 1 dollar more than Guentzel.

4. 1st + good prospect that's it. can be broz or pickering (not yager lol).

please lets stop the narrative that he is going to go for 3 1st 100 prospects and macdsvid just cuz he plays in Toronto.
1 mai à 10 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MitchJr
Very doubtful Leafs move Marner or that he waives his NMC, but why are you assuming Pitt would/could be the only home for him. Ridiculous premise - far more likely that Leafs keep him and he either extends or walks. They don’t dump him for scraps 🤦🏻

I said that if I was the leafs GM I wouldn't trade him. I never said pit is the only home for him. this are not scraps lol

again a 1st and a good prospect is what the pens got for guentzel, no reason at all to believe that the leafs will get more from any team.

oh and Marner would definitely move his NMC for pit and to play with Sid
1 mai à 10 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
Gotta think TOR will be looking for Pickering and Yager to be included here, especially if you're dumping Rakell on them.

not sure why rakell would be a dump he had 1 meh season also cuz of injuries. anyway definitely not yager maybe with pickering instead of broz could work.
1 mai à 10 h 48
Quoting: fil97
I said that if I was the leafs GM I wouldn't trade him. I never said pit is the only home for him. this are not scraps lol

again a 1st and a good prospect is what the pens got for guentzel, no reason at all to believe that the leafs will get more from any team.

oh and Marner would definitely move his NMC for pit and to play with Sid

These are definitely scraps 😂. Good prospects🤯, these aren’t even some of your top prospects and you have one of the worst prospect pools in the league. Rakell holds negative value (cap hit) and a late 1st in a weak draft just adds up to a pathetic offer.
Agree to disagree on Marner waiving for Pitt; all players in the league respect Sid (many grew up idolizing him) but team is not competitive (even with him).
Zero chance this happens
palhal et dh91 a aimé ceci.
1 mai à 10 h 50
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,110
4 years of 5m of middling Rakell is a contract is a big negative for the Leafs. I know cap has to be returned to the Leafs but Rakell isn't it.
MitchJr a aimé ceci.
1 mai à 10 h 57
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,479
1. every team in the NHL has the assets to acquire Marner. every single NHL team.

2. rakell is not a dump, but either way take him out of the trade no big deal.

3. the main part of the deal is Broz and a 1st which is exactly what guentzel (same level player) was worth. not saying this is the trade or the right one but he isn't going to cost 1 dollar more than Guentzel.

4. 1st + good prospect that's it. can be broz or pickering (not yager lol).

please lets stop the narrative that he is going to go for 3 1st 100 prospects and macdsvid just cuz he plays in Toronto.

Except that Marner is younger and better than Guentzel and Pittsburgh was a team that clearly had no chance at playoffs and had to sell. Toronto likely keeps Marner of they can't find a deal for him because they're bound to be in the playoffs again. Dubas got absolutely hosed in the Guentzel deal because he had no choice but to accept it.
MitchJr a aimé ceci.
1 mai à 11 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Except that Marner is younger and better than Guentzel and Pittsburgh was a team that clearly had no chance at playoffs and had to sell. Toronto likely keeps Marner of they can't find a deal for him because they're bound to be in the playoffs again. Dubas got absolutely hosed in the Guentzel deal because he had no choice but to accept it.

marner is better than guentzel MAYBE in the regular season... but Jake is a different beast in the playoffs compared to Marner and he is a cup winner ....

no chance at making the playoffs ahahaha we missed by 1 point without him what are you talking about.... he was traded only cuz they couldn't find an agreement on an extension that's it. exact same situation that Marner is in. dubas did not get hosed in the Jake deal at all it was a fair deal, and if Marner is going to be traded as a rental that is exactly what tor is going to get by any team. 1st + good prospect plus roster player.
1 mai à 11 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
4 years of 5m of middling Rakell is a contract is a big negative for the Leafs. I know cap has to be returned to the Leafs but Rakell isn't it.

yeah I don't really see him as a cap dump, I see a similar situation to bunting in Carolina.
1 mai à 11 h 22
Démarrer sujet
These are definitely scraps 😂. Good prospects🤯, these aren’t even some of your top prospects and you have one of the worst prospect pools in the league. Rakell holds negative value (cap hit) and a late 1st in a weak draft just adds up to a pathetic offer.
Agree to disagree on Marner waiving for Pitt; all players in the league respect Sid (many grew up idolizing him) but team is not competitive (even with him).
Zero chance this happens

if you don't know broz it's not my fault lol. he is a good prospect. you can take ponomarev in the deal or even pickering. all good prospects. (koivunen and yager are obviously off the table)

and yes we definitely disagree if you think that this team here with Marner is not competitive. and obviously on the waiving the nmc as well ahahah

and again I said that this likely does not happen and I'm not even sure this is the right deal to make for pit

but if Marner is going to get traded the return will be a late 1st a good prospect and a roster player nothing more significant than this.
1 mai à 11 h 22
if you don't know broz it's not my fault lol. he is a good prospect. you can take ponomarev in the deal or even pickering. all good prospects. (koivunen and yager are obviously off the table)

and yes we definitely disagree if you think that this team here with Marner is not competitive. and obviously on the waiving the nmc as well ahahah

and again I said that this likely does not happen and I'm not even sure this is the right deal to make for pit

but if Marner is going to get traded the return will be a late 1st a good prospect and a roster player nothing more significant than this.

Keep dreaming bud 😂
1 mai à 11 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Keep dreaming bud 😂

keep losing in the first round bud
1 mai à 11 h 26

😂
1 mai à 11 h 29

You list yourself as a Leafs fan but I guess that really means feeder team for the Pens. Or you’re suffering a medical emergency if that’s all you honestly think Marner’s value is
1 mai à 11 h 32
Démarrer sujet
You list yourself as a Leafs fan but I guess that really means feeder team for the Pens. Or you’re suffering a medical emergency if that’s all you honestly think Marner’s value is

i am a pens fans but I lived in Toronto for a couple of years so I don't mind the leafs. still this does not change the fact that if Marner is going to get traded as a rental he will get the exact return Jake did.
1 mai à 11 h 37
i am a pens fans but I lived in Toronto for a couple of years so I don't mind the leafs. still this does not change the fact that if Marner is going to get traded as a rental he will get the exact return Jake did.

Everyone entitled to an opinion 🤷🏻, but completely different situations so poor comparison. Marner is younger, better and Leafs have no pressure point like Pens did (TDL, out of playoffs) .
No chance that Marner will be moved imo, but if he was - it will be for much much more than this
1 mai à 12 h 18
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,354
not sure why rakell would be a dump he had 1 meh season also cuz of injuries. anyway definitely not yager maybe with pickering instead of broz could work.

He's 30 with 4 more years at 5 mil. He isn't going to magically improve at this point in his career. 1-2 years may be a different story but to add in 4 more years for a guy who is on his decline now, not going to be of interest to many folks. Injuries aren't going to heal any quicker and performance isn't going to develop. He will be nothing more than a role player by end of next season if not sooner. He is unwanted cap spent in this situation and therefore would require compensation.

Pickering and the 1st wouldn't likely appease the Leaf masses as a return for Marner, but it's definitely where you should start and develop the proposal from there.
1 mai à 12 h 30
LongtimeLeafsufferer
yeah I don't really see him as a cap dump, I see a similar situation to bunting in Carolina.

Really. Bunting at 4.5m had 55 points. Rakell at 5m is playing all games maybe 42 points.....which is below average his 50 points a year.
Turning 31 this week, he's not getting better. Overpaid on too much term.
1 mai à 12 h 30
LongtimeLeafsufferer

When the last time the Pens won in the first round?
1 mai à 17 h 21
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 453
Pens have no interest in marner.

take the 2026 3rd round pick (PIT) out of the POJ trade, we'd swap players and be done with it. Middleton is no more valuable.

As for the CAR.... not sold they can beat either NYR or FL.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage