SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Anaheim Ducks signed Cutter Gauthier (3 Years / $1,900,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

15 avr. à 9 h 12
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 34
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
they have a draft because the 32 teams need organization for how talent comes into the league....not for the fans.
Even when the fan base hasn't been there, and the league was damn near a beer league, they still had a draft.
So no everything isn't done for the fans. But they sure got you in marketing to get you to think that.
Fact is they careless about the fans and more about TV deals and advertisement money than they ever will the fans. It's why they bend over backwards to appease those crowds in ways they will never for the fan base.
Let me tell you a little something I learned from growing up in Cleveland watching the browns move out of town..... F the over attachment to a team. They don't give a $#!t about the fans. You just haven't figured it out yet. Money is way more important than the fans. They aren't in this business for fans, they are in it to get paid.
So don't blame the kid for doing what he thinks is in HIS best interest. Believe me, every time an NHL team leaves a city, they don't give a crap about the fan base. Go ask AZ fans.

Yes 32 teams need organization so they can display the product in front of their FANS. The better the team is the more support they inevitably get from FANS. This marketing you're speaking of, is it towards the fans? Interesting. TV deals and adverts? Who watches those? Hmm, is it maybe the fans? Did you know the NHL is a gate revenue driven league? Meaning if people didn't actually show up to the games the league would be in serious trouble. Again very reliant on fans. And yes of course money is more important to them, it is a business after all. But who brings them the money? Maybe, fans?

You know, you gave me a good idea though. I'm gonna video my next beer league game, post it to Youtube and gather all that juicy ad revenue. Eventually probably sign a TV deal and really start rolling it in..
LeafsForLife a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 9 h 21
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 367
Quoting: kckrebs
Yes 32 teams need organization so they can display the product in front of their FANS. The better the team is the more support they inevitably get from FANS. This marketing you're speaking of, is it towards the fans? Interesting. TV deals and adverts? Who watches those? Hmm, is it maybe the fans? Did you know the NHL is a gate revenue driven league? Meaning if people didn't actually show up to the games the league would be in serious trouble. Again very reliant on fans. And yes of course money is more important to them, it is a business after all. But who brings them the money? Maybe, fans?

You know, you gave me a good idea though. I'm gonna video my next beer league game, post it to Youtube and gather all that juicy ad revenue. Eventually probably sign a TV deal and really start rolling it in..

no 32 teams need organization so they don't tear themselves apart with in fighting so they can sell a product to advertisers. Not because they care so much for fans.
Again, go ask any teams fan base who watched them move what they think about the fan base.
Then maybe you'll get it.
15 avr. à 9 h 22
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
did you know his first name is actually william
15 avr. à 9 h 30
SkateOrDie
Quoting: LeafsForLife
1. The NHL has existed since 1917, while the NHL Draft has only existed since 1963.
2. Your point would have so much more credibility if you didn’t have 1400 posts in just 2 months

if you actually new anything about the NHL you'd know what a beer league it was in 1963.
Bobby Orr was making 50k a year by the end of the 60s. Players not as good as him far less. The average salary was around 10k. for an average citizen.
That would be like McDavid earning 250k
Lets not pretend it wasn't a beer league. It got organized to make money.
Your post would have more credibility if it had any actual point to make.
15 avr. à 9 h 35
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,989
if you actually new anything about the NHL you'd know what a beer league it was in 1963.
Bobby Orr was making 50k a year by the end of the 60s. Players not as good as him far less. The average salary was around 10k. for an average citizen.

Actually, that would be like McDavid making 500K USD or 700K Canadian...

Because the league wasn't making as much money from their fans in 1963 as they do now....
NARC311 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 9 h 39
SkateOrDie
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Actually, that would be like McDavid making 500K USD or 700K Canadian...

Because the league wasn't making as much money from their fans in 1963 as they do now....

no the average US salary is like 47k x 5 It's like 250k
15 avr. à 9 h 42
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6
I mean he literally did lol it's just a fact. And any other fanbase would feel the exact same way getting spurned by a top 5 pick like that..

I feel like you guys chose to see it one sided.

Per Friedman, Philly refused to sign him at the end of last season, prefering to sign him in the summer to avoid bonus overage, and not stated by Philly but one could assume, avoid the burning of a year of ELC. That way of handling a top prospect is insane. Obviously, Gauthier is a proud young man, maybe too much for his own good, but that handling by Briere is most likely the reason you lost him.

After this, he skipped camp, while he did attempt development camp in 2022, and refused to talk with the organisation. Briere is the one to blame in this.
GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 9 h 44
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,444
Quoting: mondo

Does he fart a lot or something?
15 avr. à 9 h 44
Leafs going to Leafs
no the average US salary is like 47k x 5 It's like 250k

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1963?amount=50000
RazorSeider53 et NARC311 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 1
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 313

Don't expect an intelligent argument from that one lol.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 10 h 15
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: RazorSeider53
Don't expect an intelligent argument from that one lol.

He has his point... Can't call him anything as he hasn't done the same and he's stayed respectful.
15 avr. à 10 h 59
SkateOrDie

you are doing inflation from 1963... not 1969. Late 1960s. aka the end.
that's purchasing power. and the number they have is 423,000 roughly.

It also depends where you get your numbers. They would tell you on google the average US income in 1969 was $6,430... but yet the average median household income (aka family) was $9,400.
Most women didn't work then, they raised kids.... so take it with a grain of salt.

Just like in 2021 the median us salary was $45,760,... but today they will tell you it's 59,000. Which I call BS on. As salaries have not raised by 13,000 in 3 years and not a single US person would tell you that's true. I think that's a number propped up by numbers on the top. I work in healthcare, the only people I know getting raises that high over the last 3 years are Surgeons. That's 1/5 the us economy.... make of it what you will.
15 avr. à 11 h 24
Leafs going to Leafs
you are doing inflation from 1963... not 1969. Late 1960s. aka the end.
that's purchasing power. and the number they have is 423,000 roughly.

It also depends where you get your numbers. They would tell you on google the average US income in 1969 was $6,430... but yet the average median household income (aka family) was $9,400.
Most women didn't work then, they raised kids.... so take it with a grain of salt.

Just like in 2021 the median us salary was $45,760,... but today they will tell you it's 59,000. Which I call BS on. As salaries have not raised by 13,000 in 3 years and not a single US person would tell you that's true. I think that's a number propped up by numbers on the top. I work in healthcare, the only people I know getting raises that high over the last 3 years are Surgeons. That's 1/5 the us economy.... make of it what you will.

Contradicting yourself though...

But it's still 425K... Far closer to 500K than 250K
15 avr. à 11 h 36
SkateOrDie
Contradicting yourself though...

But it's still 425K... Far closer to 500K than 250K

I don't really think so.
I don't think the average US salary is 59k How many people you know got 13,000 raises over the last 3 years.
I think the fake news numbers are manipulated like all hell.
So if we say it's close to 50k, and the average family income back then which was 1 working adult was almost 10k.... it's like 250k
If you want to argue about it, whatever. It's a small point considering he makes 12.5 million.
Orr was one of the highest paid players back then. What do you think a 4th liner was making? Like damn near nothing.
15 avr. à 11 h 46
Leafs going to Leafs
I don't really think so.
I don't think the average US salary is 59k How many people you know got 13,000 raises over the last 3 years.
I think the fake news numbers are manipulated like all hell.
So if we say it's close to 50k, and the average family income back then which was 1 working adult was almost 10k.... it's like 250k
If you want to argue about it, whatever. It's a small point considering he makes 12.5 million.
Orr was one of the highest paid players back then. What do you think a 4th liner was making? Like damn near nothing.

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1969?amount=50000....

And that's during the time of the introduction of the NHLPA... Which leads the salaries increasing and Bobby Hull signing the first million dollar contract in 1977, worth 5.7 mill today https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1977?amount=1000000

And then lead to Wayne Gretzky signing a contract worth 3 mill in 1990 (7 mill today; https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1990?amount=3000000) and 6.6 mill in 1994 (13 mill today; https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1994?amount=6540000)... So, in reality, the NHL, as it grew more popular and formed a union, that demand to increase salaries with the new found money from the fans
15 avr. à 12 h 12
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 18

So...in 1963, a star player in the NFL (John Brodie) was making $35K and had to jump to a new league to start earning big money and the average MLB salary was $19K. Guess all the leagues were "beer leagues" at that time.
15 avr. à 13 h 5
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 211

1. I’m not going to claim I know everything about the NHL, but most evidence points to the NHL not being as much of a beer league as you claim. There are many trophies named after NHL employees of that era and before that, several HHOF inductees, and lots of members of the NHL’s 100 Greatest Players list in 2017.

2. You’re forgetting about the costs of inflation. 10k today is nowhere near what it was in 1963, it wouldn’t even be close to 10k in the 70s when the dollar was taken off the gold standard.

3. If your definition of a beer league is “organized to make money”, that makes the vast majority of all organizations, especially in sports, “beer leagues”.
15 avr. à 13 h 6
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,477

And that he’s actually swedish
15 avr. à 13 h 52
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 211

Believe it or not, I've done this before and gotten paid for it (minus the TV deal and ad revenue). The playlists are unlisted (only viewable by the link) though
15 avr. à 15 h 24
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Quoting: IconicHawk
And that he’s actually swedish

-Plays for the USA
-Born in Sweden
-Canadian father
-French last name
-Zoomer first name

the boy is very multicultural
V123 et Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 15 h 27
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,730
Quitter

Kid could have said nothing, stayed in college 2 more years and walked to FA and all you would have gotten is pick 37 in the 2026 draft.

He told the org he wasn't going to sign over mishandling him, giving them time to shop him for a trade to get a high talent RHD which was missing in the orga depth chart, and what will still be a pick in the 40s most likely. It could have ended much worse for Philly.
15 avr. à 17 h 7
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,477
-Plays for the USA
-Born in Sweden
-Canadian father
-French last name
-Zoomer first name

the boy is very multicultural

Step aside Pitbull, Cutter Gauthier is the true Mr. Worldwide
15 avr. à 21 h 53
Quoting: Obtenebris
I feel like you guys chose to see it one sided.

Per Friedman, Philly refused to sign him at the end of last season, prefering to sign him in the summer to avoid bonus overage, and not stated by Philly but one could assume, avoid the burning of a year of ELC. That way of handling a top prospect is insane. Obviously, Gauthier is a proud young man, maybe too much for his own good, but that handling by Briere is most likely the reason you lost him.

After this, he skipped camp, while he did attempt development camp in 2022, and refused to talk with the organisation. Briere is the one to blame in this.

Interesting information you have there because the only side that came out and actually made any statements was Briere and he said he had a contract ready for Cutter and the bonus rumor was just that a rumor. There was a period of adjustment when Briere was still officially being named the actual GM, but the Gauthier camp has said nothing publicly stating that not being offered a contract was the reason. If they were claiming that then I'd agree with you but Briere has publicly refuted it.
15 avr. à 21 h 57
no 32 teams need organization so they don't tear themselves apart with in fighting so they can sell a product to advertisers. Not because they care so much for fans.
Again, go ask any teams fan base who watched them move what they think about the fan base.
Then maybe you'll get it.

I just can't for the life of me understand why TV networks and advertisers would pay billions of dollars to show sports games. Like can you explain why a Superbowl commercial costs so much more than a local cable commercial slot? It can't be because of the amount of people engaged in that particular event, so what could it be?
15 avr. à 22 h 27
SkateOrDie
Quoting: LeafsForLife
1. I’m not going to claim I know everything about the NHL, but most evidence points to the NHL not being as much of a beer league as you claim. There are many trophies named after NHL employees of that era and before that, several HHOF inductees, and lots of members of the NHL’s 100 Greatest Players list in 2017.

2. You’re forgetting about the costs of inflation. 10k today is nowhere near what it was in 1963, it wouldn’t even be close to 10k in the 70s when the dollar was taken off the gold standard.

3. If your definition of a beer league is “organized to make money”, that makes the vast majority of all organizations, especially in sports, “beer leagues”.

players have even admitted they use to go out there drunk playing. It was just fun for them back then. They didn't make the kind of money they do now.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage