Forums/Armchair-GM

Adding muscle without just signing a goon

Créé par: Tjm220
Équipe: 2024-25 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 9 avr. 2024
Publié: 13 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The Sabres need more physicality, but those players still need to be able to contribute.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
33 500 000 $
33 000 000 $
31 500 000 $
32 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
Transactions
VGK
    What would be the ask for these two? Buffalo needs to add physicality and both of these guys fit that bill.
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de NSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2383 500 000 $80 424 403 $0 $2 500 000 $3 075 597 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    855 833 $855 833 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    7 100 000 $7 100 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 6
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance650 000 $$650K)
    AG
    RFA - 2
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C, AG
    RFA
    918 333 $918 333 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 2
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA
    Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 8
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    G
    RFA
    8 350 000 $8 350 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 7
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DD
    RFA
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
    G
    RFA - 1
    4 285 714 $4 285 714 $
    DG
    UFA - 6
    3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AD
    RFA - 1
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    DD
    RFA
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    13 avr. à 17 h 39
    Bandwagon fairweathe
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,271
    Kind of weird situation, not worth a lot, but worth a lot to Vegas, they like to collect these guys, physical but athletic enough to stay in lineup. Cheap too, so they can give the top of the lineup guys a bigger cut of cap.
    13 avr. à 17 h 42
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 19,638
    Korczak may be made avaiable but I don't think Kolesar will. I think Vegas is significantly more likely to trade Roy
    BUFF742 a aimé ceci.
    13 avr. à 17 h 44
    Démarrer sujet
    Sabres fan
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,049
    Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
    Korczak may be made avaiable but I don't think Kolesar will. I think Vegas is significantly more likely to trade Roy

You may be right about that, but I don’t know if he fits Buffalo’s needs as well as others think. Kolesar specifically is exactly the kind of player I think Buffalo needs more. While Vegas is not likely to miss the playoffs next season unless they have to blow up the roster due to the salary cap, they probably don’t have much reason to want to trade him.
    13 avr. à 17 h 47
    Bandwagon fairweathe
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,271
    Quoting: Tjm220
    You may be right about that, but I don’t know if he fits Buffalo’s needs as well as others think. Kolesar specifically is exactly the kind of player I think Buffalo needs more. While Vegas is not likely to miss the playoffs next season unless they have to blow up the roster due to the salary cap, they probably don’t have much reason to want to trade him.

Vegas probably has a 3 year run including this year, then I could see some wild moves to try to retool ultra fast, ex junior coach/gm/owner running the team, so I bet he will have some interesting selling coming in a couple seasons to get young again.
    13 avr. à 17 h 51

He may not but he would probably be a better fit for 3C than Krebs. Roy at 3M is kind of overkill for Vegas' 4th line center. Also wasn't the idea of bringing in Greenway to be that player you are describing for Kolesar?
    13 avr. à 18 h 1
    Démarrer sujet
    Sabres fan
    He may not but he would probably be a better fit for 3C than Krebs. Roy at 3M is kind of overkill for Vegas' 4th line center. Also wasn't the idea of bringing in Greenway to be that player you are describing for Kolesar?

Yes, but he’s also pretty much the only guy who does. Watching this team, you know very quickly that they need more. Clifton came in and added a lot, but there’s really no one in the forward group that intimidates anyone. The team is too small upfront, and they get pushed around way too easily. Even when they try, they have a hard time pushing back.
    13 avr. à 18 h 2
    Yes, but he’s also pretty much the only guy who does. Watching this team, you know very quickly that they need more. Clifton came in and added a lot, but there’s really no one in the forward group that intimidates anyone. The team is too small upfront, and they get pushed around way too easily. Even when they try, they have a hard time pushing back.

There are plenty of options like that out there. I just doubt Vegas trades Kolesar
    13 avr. à 18 h 5
    Démarrer sujet
    Sabres fan
    There are plenty of options like that out there. I just doubt Vegas trades Kolesar

I understand they probably don’t want to move him. But they may need to add a few young, cheap contracts to fill out the roster once they are cap compliant. Buffalo has a few prospects that will never make this team due to the log jam that can still be contributing players somewhere else.
    13 avr. à 18 h 27
    I understand they probably don’t want to move him. But they may need to add a few young, cheap contracts to fill out the roster once they are cap compliant. Buffalo has a few prospects that will never make this team due to the log jam that can still be contributing players somewhere else.

Their roster is already mostly filled. Assuming Brisson makes their starting roster they currently have 10 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies under contract for next year. Dorofeyev and Korczak are both RFA's so that would put them at 21 players with cap space still to sign a UFA
    13 avr. à 20 h 0
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,122
    Think the move here is probably for Nic Roy like others have mentioned. Reasonable contract, good underlying numbers, lacks trade protection.
    13 avr. à 20 h 2
    Rejoint: juill. 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 164

I see them trading hague more than Roy.
    13 avr. à 20 h 4
    Quoting: TyeZerker
    I see them trading hague more than Roy.

No chance they trade Hague, they'll let Martinez walk
    13 avr. à 20 h 11
    Rejoint: févr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,247
    Good call, I've been pushing for stuff like this, and I am against the goon idea. Goons that can't play are a liability and frankly they lack credibility as a deterrent.
    13 avr. à 21 h 58
    SkateOrDie
    Rejoint: févr. 2024
    Mentions "j'aime": 374
    I think the funniest part of this is the idea that replacement level Kolesar isn't a goon and can "play" hockey. You know those 18 points a year......
    13 avr. à 22 h 52
    Démarrer sujet
    Sabres fan
    Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
    I think the funniest part of this is the idea that replacement level Kolesar isn't a goon and can "play" hockey. You know those 18 points a year......

For reference, a goon probably only scores 18-30 points in their career these days. Realistically, if your fourth line guy can put up around 20 points he’s contributing.
    13 avr. à 23 h 25
    SkateOrDie
    For reference, a goon probably only scores 18-30 points in their career these days. Realistically, if your fourth line guy can put up around 20 points he’s contributing.

who are you kidding, 20 points is replacement level player level play. You can find that level of performance out of many people sitting in the AHL.
    Goons score well more than 18-30 points in their career.
    Hell even a pure fighter (who oddly can't fight) like Rempe is on an 11 point pace this year.

Hell having a hand full of points more than a 34 year old Matt Martin doesn't mean they're not little more than a goon.
    14 avr. à 0 h 9
    Démarrer sujet
    Sabres fan
    who are you kidding, 20 points is replacement level player level play. You can find that level of performance out of many people sitting in the AHL.
    Goons score well more than 18-30 points in their career.
    Hell even a pure fighter (who oddly can't fight) like Rempe is on an 11 point pace this year.

Hell having a hand full of points more than a 34 year old Matt Martin doesn't mean they're not little more than a goon.

Ok, well the Sabres 4th line this year largely consisted of Robinson, Girgensons, and Jost (once Okposo was gone). They’ve combined for 27 points this season, so if you’re telling me one guy can account for most of that that’s a significant upgrade. At best Girgensons is a veteran grinder, and the other 2 are AHL plugs, none of them would be considered enforcers.
    14 avr. à 1 h 6
    SkateOrDie
    Ok, well the Sabres 4th line this year largely consisted of Robinson, Girgensons, and Jost (once Okposo was gone). They’ve combined for 27 points this season, so if you’re telling me one guy can account for most of that that’s a significant upgrade. At best Girgensons is a veteran grinder, and the other 2 are AHL plugs, none of them would be considered enforcers.

and non of this has anything to do with what the Sabers have on their 4th line.
    It doesn't change the fact that the guy is a goon who can't really play hockey. Period.
    Which is why he gets the lowest minutes of any VGK forward and has the lowest PPG of any VGK forward.
    Hell he's so bad they won't even let him PK regularly. Which is the type of thing you want from your 4th liners.
    14 avr. à 1 h 16
    Démarrer sujet
    Sabres fan
    Modifié 14 avr. à 1 h 22
    and non of this has anything to do with what the Sabers have on their 4th line.
    It doesn't change the fact that the guy is a goon who can't really play hockey. Period.
    Which is why he gets the lowest minutes of any VGK forward and has the lowest PPG of any VGK forward.
    Hell he's so bad they won't even let him PK regularly. Which is the type of thing you want from your 4th liners.

Honestly, I was more interested in the 250+ hits he’s been credited with this season, which is nearly double what any Sabres forward has this season. But everything you’ve said tells me he’s expendable to them, and if he’s so not useful, why in the hell shouldn’t they send him to us? He would still be an upgrade compared to what we’re currently using there.
    ChestNut33 a aimé ceci.
    14 avr. à 1 h 30
    SkateOrDie
    Honestly, I was more interested in the 250+ hits he’s been credited with this season, which is nearly double what any Sabres forward has this season. But everything you’ve said tells me he’s expendable to them, and if he’s so not useful, why in the hell shouldn’t they send him to us? He would still be an upgrade compared to what we’re currently using there.

you realize he only has 250+ hits because he spends the whole game pinned in his end. His Corsi is like a 45%
    He gets all his starts in the d-zone and he's blowing goals -10 in 5v5 play, while he's there.
    Not exactly winning teams games.

As for why not send him out, maybe VGK likes having a goon? I don't know.
    But the whole point of this conversation.... is that he's not really a hockey player and only a goon.
    14 avr. à 1 h 37
    Démarrer sujet
    Sabres fan
    you realize he only has 250+ hits because he spends the whole game pinned in his end. His Corsi is like a 45%
    He gets all his starts in the d-zone and he's blowing goals -10 in 5v5 play, while he's there.
    Not exactly winning teams games.

As for why not send him out, maybe VGK likes having a goon? I don't know.
    But the whole point of this conversation.... is that he's not really a hockey player and only a goon.

The point for you is you think he is a goon. To me, he’s not. But what he definitely is is better than Robinson and Jost put together, and he cost less than either one of them. He’s not a perfect player, I’m sure he has his issues. But an upgrade is still an upgrade. Vegas obviously sees something in him too or he wouldn’t be there. I’ll bet you wouldn’t say he’s not a hockey player to his face.
    14 avr. à 1 h 57
    SkateOrDie
    The point for you is you think he is a goon. To me, he’s not. But what he definitely is is better than Robinson and Jost put together, and he cost less than either one of them. He’s not a perfect player, I’m sure he has his issues. But an upgrade is still an upgrade. Vegas obviously sees something in him too or he wouldn’t be there. I’ll bet you wouldn’t say he’s not a hockey player to his face.

umm i bet I would tell him he's a goon not a hockey player to his face any day.

I also bet he'd not take that any where near as seriously as you do, because he knows that is true too.

If what you want is someone to run around hitting people in the 8-10 minutes of ice time you give them, with no ability to contribute anything else like PK or whatever other than fighting, there are plenty of players capable of doing that looking for a chance.
    Just look at NYR they added in Rempe and if one day he learns how to fight they will have a proper goon at 6'7 240+ LBS.

It's not hard, just admit what it is you are looking for and stop making excuses for it.

Obviously they want people who can do more.
    As much as you rag on Zemgus Girgensons atleast his corsi is 50% and he's not bleeding goals 5v5.

Jost on the other hand is just a contract waiting to end. But they should have known that before they resigned him, but they needed a center.

As for Robinson, he was a free player. What did you expect. You needed a body you got one.
    did you really think you were getting an allstar when BUF got him for a conditional 7th that he can't even fullfill.
    Come on.

They could have played Rosen but they rather let him develop.
    14 avr. à 10 h 2
    Démarrer sujet
    Sabres fan
    To be fair, I like Girgensons more than most people here, but of the three I mentioned, he’s the only one I would hang onto for another year. I am more interested in adding someone who can actually work alongside him. A change of scenery could also make a difference for a player like Kolesar. He doesn’t have to be a defensive dynamo, but physicality can make a difference, especially when you’re one of the only ones bringing it. If I had my way, I would also have them bringing in Clutterbuck this off-season and make those three a line. As much as I liked Will Carrier when he was here, he’s lost some of that speed he had when he was younger, and he’s probably not quite the player and linemate Cal Clutterbuck still is. That trio might not score very many goals, but they’re not exactly expected to. My aim is to form a line that can shift the momentum in a game with physicality.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage