Forums/Armchair-GM

Grier is under appreciated for what he has done so far

Créé par: batman
Équipe: 2024-25 Sharks de San Jose
Date de création initiale: 4 avr. 2024
Publié: 4 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Big overpay on Pavelski. Bring him back for some leadership towards the young guys.

Bring in Leadership in Johnson.

Need a TOP 4D like Roy.

Try to win games, prospect pool is already LOADED
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
3950 000 $
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 100 000 $
21 100 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
110 000 000 $
56 850 000 $
13 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Celebrini, Macklin
3950 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de NJD
Logo de TBL
Logo de VGK
Logo de CHI
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de VGK
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de WPG
Logo de SJS
Logo de NJD
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 500 000 $71 085 000 $0 $1 807 500 $16 415 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG
RFA - 2
Celebrini, Macklin
950 000 $950 000 $
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
AD
UFA
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $
C
RFA
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
941 667 $941 667 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
C, AG
RFA
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
828 333 $828 333 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1
6 850 000 $6 850 000 $
DD
UFA
2 350 000 $2 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
UFA
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA
Équipe de réserve
950 000 $950 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
RFA - 2
940 000 $940 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD
RFA - 2
C
RFA
C
RFA - 2
DD
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 avr. à 18 h 52
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,597
Dude is trying to win a cup
4 avr. à 18 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 124
Agreed. Wilson left a trainwreck of a team to him and he's gotten rid of not one, not two, but three bad deals (Burns, Karlsson, Hertl) and has done a good job filling their prospect pool.

They should have one of the league's best prospect pools after the 2025 draft
4 avr. à 18 h 55
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,177
It’s amazing . If Grier can get Celebrini/Lindstrom and Buium, my goodness
batman a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 19 h 1
Stovetop
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 876
Quoting: csick
It’s amazing . If Grier can get Celebrini/Lindstrom and Buium, my goodness

I'd prefer Catton > Lindstrom and Parekh/Yakemchuk>Buium (purely because of positional need at RHD)
4 avr. à 19 h 7
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,686
No devils won’t be an ECF hell they might not make the playoffs so im rooting for Celebrini Yakemchuk and with our 2nd Pulkkinen (LD) and Letourneau (RHC) with the NJD pick.
4 avr. à 19 h 8
Démarrer sujet
fromtherivertothesea
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 798
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Dude is trying to win a cup

A team filled with 19/20year olds isn’t going to develop properly. Bring Pavelski and Johnson for leadership and adaptability. You need mentors and exemples.

Roy is purely because they need another Pillar behind Ferraro. A guy who’s going to be here for a long time, while playing at a high level and behind here for the kids.

And also, they’re so stacked with that prospect pool that sucking for 7 more years doesn’t make sens. They should try to start win games next season and start to take big steps with Smith and Celebrini arriving.

What a job by Grier. Unloaded Burns and Karlsson, got a crazy return for Meier ( Zetterlund Mukhamudalin 1st + cond 2nd +). People ****ting on him for no reason.
DFinn91 et RecycleShark a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 19 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 134
The work he's done has been criminally underrated. Sharks went from no prospects OR cap space to having both. Remember when Ryan Merkley was supposed to be the savior of the franchise?

Tearing it down is always easier than building it back up but pick ups like Zadina, Kostin, Granlund have shown he knows how to buy low on reclamation projects. Excited to see where this team is at 3 years from now.
batman, NucksnOilers et RecycleShark a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 19 h 33
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,597
Quoting: batman
A team filled with 19/20year olds isn’t going to develop properly. Bring Pavelski and Johnson for leadership and adaptability. You need mentors and exemples.

Roy is purely because they need another Pillar behind Ferraro. A guy who’s going to be here for a long time, while playing at a high level and behind here for the kids.

And also, they’re so stacked with that prospect pool that sucking for 7 more years doesn’t make sens. They should try to start win games next season and start to take big steps with Smith and Celebrini arriving.

What a job by Grier. Unloaded Burns and Karlsson, got a crazy return for Meier ( Zetterlund Mukhamudalin 1st + cond 2nd +). People ****ting on him for no reason.

No. Pavelski is trying to win a cup. He's not coming back
4 avr. à 19 h 34
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,177
Quoting: AStovetop
I'd prefer Catton > Lindstrom and Parekh/Yakemchuk>Buium (purely because of positional need at RHD)

Hopefully Parekh drops to ottawa
4 avr. à 19 h 39
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 206
Agree. It’s pretty crazy what he’s been able to accomplish in under 2 years. He took over a directionless franchise and has them set up very well for the future with a top 5 prospect system, the highest odds for the Celebrini pick, multiple 1sts in this years draft and next years, and a boat load of cap space.
batman, BigBallsBriere, NucksnOilers and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 20 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,221
I’d hit the brakes on Grier, he inherited a mess but the Burns, Karlson & Hertl trade returns were all underwhelming with retention on the books for years to come.
Teams should have a top 5 prospect pool when you’ve been one of the worst teams in the league the past 5 years.
I’ll withhold judgement on his ‘’masterful’ job for a few years yet until we see how his organization drafts & develops.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 20 h 48
Démarrer sujet
fromtherivertothesea
Mentions "j'aime": 798
Quoting: MitchJr
I’d hit the brakes on Grier, he inherited a mess but the Burns, Karlson & Hertl trade returns were all underwhelming with retention on the books for years to come.
Teams should have a top 5 prospect pool when you’ve been one of the worst teams in the league the past 5 years.
I’ll withhold judgement on his ‘’masterful’ job for a few years yet until we see how his organization drafts & develops.

The return on Karlsson when he had a 5x11.5M left is more than Okay. Burns was slowing down and no one wanted him for 5M. That’s how the market was for old slow vets. Couldn’t do much on that.

And the Hertl one was excellent. Sure the retention over six years sucks, but being able to get a guy like Edstrom is huge. They got another first on top of that. 2 first for someone who was injury prone and was just getting older/not matching the timeline is excellent.

The prospect pool was EMPTY before he came in. He got : Smith Edstrom Havelid Musty Lund Celebrini (?) Zetterlund Graf Bystedt Halttunen Mukhamudalin these past TWO years.. i don’t know what you’re talking about.
4 avr. à 21 h 3
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,605
Agreed. I think Grier's done a solid job tbh, the team needed gutted -- one of few cases wear a tear down is absolutely neccesary -- when he took over they had a lacking pool of prospects, tons of bloated contracts, and the good players they did have had very little chance of ever playing consistent competetive hockey with the Sharks again because the roster built around the few good players was poor.

People tend to dump on the guy because of their unrealistic expectation on trade returns. Which I don't get because if they hadn't traded players soon, they would've ended up with nothing and had nothing to build on for a actual future. 2.) If there was a better trade offer available they would've taken it. 3.) They were trading 30+ year old with term and 8m plus on their contract.

I mean Wilson handicapped the hell out of them. Couture even said "I wasn't traded because my contract sucks" lol.

Now there is definitely a 2nd step to the process, he has to draft well manage the cap well. Get a coach that can develop young players, but he so far he's done pretty much what he was supposed to do.

Get Younger, Get rid of long term cap, acquire assets, take shots on reclamation projects or low risk oppurtunities. Zadina -- which sure hasn't totally worked out, then Graf - who if works out Grier looks like a genius, and if not, no harm done.
batman a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 21 h 8
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,889
Modifié 4 avr. à 21 h 20
The return on Karlsson when he had a 5x11.5M left is more than Okay. Burns was slowing down and no one wanted him for 5M. That’s how the market was for old slow vets. Couldn’t do much on that.

And the Hertl one was excellent. Sure the retention over six years sucks, but being able to get a guy like Edstrom is huge. They got another first on top of that. 2 first for someone who was injury prone and was just getting older/not matching the timeline is excellent.

The prospect pool was EMPTY before he came in. He got : Smith Edstrom Havelid Musty Lund Celebrini (?) Zetterlund Graf Bystedt Halttunen Mukhamudalin these past TWO years.. i don’t know what you’re talking about.

I'm happy that you like Grier. That's more important than any of us. I like his draft last year. Will Smith, Musty, Kasper are looking good. The Meier trade was a good one. Gotta be honest though, I'm not sure you valuing the EK / Burns trades right. the SJS have had (2) Norris winners in their existence. Burns and EK. They got basically nothing for Burns, but still needed to eat 34% of his cap/salary and Burns has played well for CAR. The only way he could get a 1st was to not just retain on EK, but also eat ~$12M in cap dumps. The $12M in cap dumps should have been a 1st all by themselves. No one was forcing EK to be traded. He could have waited until the Trade Deadline where picks are traded more freely. There's a lot of dead cap and a lot of underwhelming trades, BUT all of that will go away if he continues to draft as well as he did his 1st time. I wish you guys the best of luck!
batman a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 21 h 49
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,221

Burns is playing top 4 on a top 5 team but no one wanted him 🤯; what are you talking about? Terrible teams should have good prospects - it’s literally how the system works. Right now - they’re just prospects - and this is still the worst team in the league. I’ll withhold judgement on Grier’s effectiveness as a GM until we see how these picks develop and what FA signings he makes. Way too early to declare him a success but he has time -
it’ll be at least 3 years before this team can even think about playoffs imo.
4 avr. à 22 h 39
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 556
Quoting: exo2769
I'm happy that you like Grier. That's more important than any of us. I like his draft last year. Will Smith, Musty, Kasper are looking good. The Meier trade was a good one. Gotta be honest though, I'm not sure you valuing the EK / Burns trades right. the SJS have had (2) Norris winners in their existence. Burns and EK. They got basically nothing for Burns, but still needed to eat 34% of his cap/salary and Burns has played well for CAR. The only way he could get a 1st was to not just retain on EK, but also eat ~$12M in cap dumps. The $12M in cap dumps should have been a 1st all by themselves. No one was forcing EK to be traded. He could have waited until the Trade Deadline where picks are traded more freely. There's a lot of dead cap and a lot of underwhelming trades, BUT all of that will go away if he continues to draft as well as he did his 1st time. I wish you guys the best of luck!

I chalk the burns trade up to inexperience, the Karlsson one I am fine with. Seems like we will get a pick around 12OA and get out of a long term deal that doesn't match our time line. obviously he was a great player, but I would rather the pick than an aging defenseman.

Quoting: MitchJr
Burns is playing top 4 on a top 5 team but no one wanted him 🤯; what are you talking about? Terrible teams should have good prospects - it’s literally how the system works. Right now - they’re just prospects - and this is still the worst team in the league. I’ll withhold judgement on Grier’s effectiveness as a GM until we see how these picks develop and what FA signings he makes. Way too early to declare him a success but he has time -
it’ll be at least 3 years before this team can even think about playoffs imo.

Again, he was left a mess, and I agree with you that we cannot really judge Grier until 2026 if we see the upward trend starting or not. Let us be a little excited at least. lol

Also remember, DW traded our first the one time it was 3OA in 2020. Landed busts on our previous picks. Yes terrible teams should have prospects, but I feel like we did a solid job acquiring quantity over the last couple years. Enough to be happy with at least
5 avr. à 2 h 30
RecycleShark
Mentions "j'aime": 268
Roy - great addition. A true top 4 RD who can actually defend. Imo all of the Sharks current RD except maybe Emberson need to be replaced with upgrades ASAP.

Pavelski - Hope he wins a cup with Dallas then signs with the Sharks. He would bring goals, leadership, mentorship, character, fan excitement, and karma. Losing Pavelski was the beginning of the Shark's downfall. Wilson's biggest mistake.

Johnson - Sharks need mentors but don't need anymore LD. Alternative mentors who are UFA's = Martinook, Okposo, Dumba, Clutterbuck

Grier - Is inderappreciated. Doesn't deserve most of the criticism he's getting, but it's too early to claim he's done a great job. He's just getting started cleaning up Wilson's huge mess.

Burns trade - Underwhelming return, especially with that much retention.

Meier trade - seems to be working out well. Zetterlund and Muk are key additions.

Karlsson trade - Grier could probably have gotten more if he retained more. He chose capspace over picks/prospects. Time will tell if that was the right call. Depends on what Grier does with the capspace. Granlund was a pleasant surprise, and has more points than Karlsson so far this year.

Hert trade - ok with it. Not much retained. Edstrom and a 1st seems fair. Why did the Sharks send Vegas two 3rds instead of the other way around?

Reclamation projects - Win = Blackwood, Kostin. Lose = Lindblom. Draw = Zadina.
batman a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage