SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(SEA/NYR) - Wennberg for 2024 2nd (NYR), 2025 4th (DAL)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 mars à 16 h 56
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Quoting: Ice
Not for Rangers, no…

Yes it is, Wennberg is a solid 3c and a 2nd +4th is about the going rate for that, Rangers get a good player to help their depth for a cup run, Seattle gets picks, fair deal for both sides
rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
6 mars à 17 h 3
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Nice to see Wennberg re-united with his old friend and teammate Erik Gustafsson after all these years .
6 mars à 17 h 4
Krakhead
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5
4th is standard rate for the retention. But thought the market had set a higher price than a straight 2nd for Wennberg.
Feels a tad underwhelming now, yet at season start if you said Kraken would get that prob would’ve said that seems fair.
6 mars à 17 h 9
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,839
Good Return for The Kraken
6 mars à 18 h 9
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
This is garbage, Drury! We literally paid more for Wennberg, who’s been barely a startable player this year, than Panthers did for Tarasenko and Vegas did for Mantha! Yet you still have not started Belzile, who probably would do better than Wennberg for us…

Senators were strung into that trade. There was more flexibly in Wennberg's case.

Guessing for a centre you would've preferred Henrique who ended up netting a 1st. Owner doesn't want to trade the 1st so that really limits how much the Rangers can do.
6 mars à 19 h 10
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 333
Wennberg will not be the reason NYR win or lose in the playoffs.
Is he better than what they are currently starting, yeah probably and it's not like they paid some huge cost.
It's a fair deal.
6 mars à 19 h 26
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,141
Fair deal, I put Seattle won tho. Not too high on Wennberg, idk why just my opinion of him.
6 mars à 23 h 4
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 525
Quoting: mondo
Senators were strung into that trade. There was more flexibly in Wennberg's case.

Guessing for a centre you would've preferred Henrique who ended up netting a 1st. Owner doesn't want to trade the 1st so that really limits how much the Rangers can do.

And apparently the reason Dolan doesn't want to trade a 1st is since he wants the rangers to draft someone at the sphere
6 mars à 23 h 16
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,740
Good depth 3C to replace Chytil. Price is steeper than I envisioned but all-round fair deal for both sides.
7 mars à 0 h 41
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Fair deal for a 3C
7 mars à 0 h 59
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
So, the first thing i saw was a post-poned contract for the final year of his contract, right. So a savings of 2.25 is fine when the AAV is 4.5, but when player is owed 5.0 mil in final year, Seat's automatically saves 500K, and then the difference in play time over the course of the season (60games out of 82) vs the 50% expected to pay, right.
7 mars à 5 h 4
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 21
This is garbage, Drury! We literally paid more for Wennberg, who’s been barely a startable player this year, than Panthers did for Tarasenko and Vegas did for Mantha! Yet you still have not started Belzile, who probably would do better than Wennberg for us…

OMG, I couldn't imagine a more awful take.
7 mars à 9 h 16
feelsbadman
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 88
MASSIVE L FOR THE RAGS - LEFTOVER BOLOGNA
7 mars à 12 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,732
Not the player I would have targeted if I were NYR but the price was not that high. Late 2nd and a 4th. Likely a less costly consolation prize choice but regardless Wennberg doesn't scream playoff player to me and that is what NYR should have been after IMO.
9 mars à 6 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 480
Early in the season, I thought Wennberg might be able to fetch a second round pick should Seattle decide to sell him. Then the Lindholm and Monahan trades seemed to set the bar high for rental centers, so I believed the price point for Wennberg increased to a conditional second that could become a first. Turns out his actual trade value fell somewhere in the middle. I thought he could have gotten more, but the market seemed to shift in buyers' favor as the deadline approached and Wennberg's relative dearth of scoring may have depressed his trade value. I suppose second and fourth round picks isn't a bad return for Wennberg all things considered, and Seattle has McCann (with Wright waiting in the wings) to step in and replace him at 2C.

Wennberg's a player who doesn't light up the scoresheet and was probably overmatched as a 2C, but he contributes in many other facets with his playmaking, netfront play, and defensive ability. He can contribute on both the power play and penalty kill. He'll be a nice 3C for the Rangers, though he won't be the answer in their search for scoring help.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage