SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Vancouver Canucks signed Elias Pettersson (8 Years / $11,600,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 mars à 16 h 0
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Quoting: toque
Moral of the story: if you have a Swedish superstar, leak that you're considering trading him to a team full of Finns and he'll run to the negotiating table awesome face

*FOR a bunch of Finns and he'll run to the negotiating table
2 mars à 16 h 8
AusCanuck
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 97
Quoting: TheAlien
GMJR is a fu*kin God

*GMPA
2 mars à 16 h 45
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
This was a necessity for Vancouver, doubt they’ll have to worry for a while
2 mars à 18 h 2
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: Leafsfan98
And to think, all the Canucks had to do is threaten to trade him over to Carolina...

Good job Alvin

I hadn’t heard that they had threatened to trade him to Carolina. Did those rumours/reports say anything about who was going to be coming back the other way? I know it’s not going to happen now, but I’m curious.
2 mars à 20 h 28
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
this is a good contract for vancouver. i think the overall dollar amount if comparable to what his aav could've been as a free agent.
3 mars à 1 h 55
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,343
Quoting: jr400
I hadn’t heard that they had threatened to trade him to Carolina. Did those rumours/reports say anything about who was going to be coming back the other way? I know it’s not going to happen now, but I’m curious.

No official names, but reports said it included 2 young talented roster players, a 1st, and a high end prospect. Necas was almost definitely one of the roster players included
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 3 h 34
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 148
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Isn't Nylander ahead of Petey in every major statistical offensive category?

More points, more goals, more assists...

Willy is three years older...
EP40 makes $100k more per year.
3 mars à 3 h 42
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 148

The speculation was Necas, Cupcake, prospects and picks. Not nearly enough for a 25 year old center on pace for back to back 100 point seasons.
3 mars à 9 h 27
Leafs going to Leafs

Supposedly, Necas and KK were involved but nothing officially confirmed
3 mars à 9 h 27
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: PrisonBull
Willy is three years older...
EP40 makes $100k more per year.

He asked, what's thee justification and I delivered an explanation
3 mars à 11 h 10
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,391

Necas and KK were names that were out there
3 mars à 14 h 44
Mentions "j'aime": 22
Quoting: aadoyle
I mean lets be full on honest

If Huberdeau was still doing what he was doing in FLA and Weegar continued this performance for 4-5 years it would be fine. Huberdeau's seismic drop which still is hard to pinpoint is the reason it looks bad along with FLA's Cinderella run

Cause Weegar has been one of the better defenders this year and has 15 goals rn. Hes been basically the reason its not been a seismic mistake. If Huberdeau was still 80+ point guy and Weegar was doing his thing nobody would be complaining and some would argue fair trade

Its look bad now, but lets wait couple more year. FLA has window open now and if they bring Cup and Huberdeau will be bought out, then we can see who is winner, but for now its look like bad for Trevling. I fully understand your points tho. Ppls in here Capfriendly did vote 232vs41 win for CGY when trade was done (35 fair votes). Things can change very fast in hockey and you cant predict everything.

In my mind, Dubas was part of creating culture in Toronto where they are giving very high cap hits for they stars, so now i see that every RFA or free agent want max value when signing in Toronto. How much Shanahan had influence on those contracts stay question mark.

I like Pettersson new contract, i think he left money to table, that way you give your team more flexibility to build Stanley Cup team. I hope they can re-sign Lindholm and Hronek too. Maybe they let Myers walk? and use that extra 6 milj to re-sign Hronek and Lindholm
3 mars à 16 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 55
It's my firm belief that sports journalists should be ostracized from polite society
palhal a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 17 h 16
stop daddy it hurts
Mentions "j'aime": 385
Quoting: Neutral_Zone_Highlights
It's my firm belief that sports journalists should be ostracized from polite society

What happened?
3 mars à 17 h 40
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 55
Quoting: Sharkie69
What happened?

There has been speculation for ages in Van that he was prepared to leave, that he wasn't happy, that he might not sign etc. etc. and they've been hounding him particularly strongly the last few weeks. The profession is entirely centered on stirring up controversy so people click on articles but in doing so they irritate the players and mislead the fans. Its obnoxious and I can't stand it.
drambui a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 18 h 0
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,689
Quoting: Neutral_Zone_Highlights

Don't disagree with you. But FANatics should realize that sport journalists have very little "insider" information. GMs and players don't convey to reporters any confidential information.
Sports journalists, reporters, analysts are just largely entertainers. They get paid for their viewership. So they have come up with made up BS. But many times they just state the obvious. So it's not that often they convey anything new to the public. But for some reason, many FANatics think these reporters are so knowledgeable.
4 mars à 9 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
This is a pretty huge W for the Canucks. This had all the markings of a deal that a team "has" to make, meaning the player could have used the leverage to get a contract that is very "meh". This deal isn't some home run steal, but it's an amount you can definitiely live with all the way through the term in a rising cap world, and for the type player you are signing, it's excellent work to get any real surplus value.

The Canucks now have an elite #1C, elite #1D, and elite #1G all signed for 2 more years at reasonable cap hits. Say what you will about some management decisions, the reality is that if you have that to build around, you have a roster that is well ahead of the NHL average. Throw in that they have less troubling cap issues and this team should be well positioned to make regular playoff appearances and even go on a run or two over the next handful of seasons.
4 mars à 14 h 35
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,141
Thats a pretty sweet fair deal. I expected a huge overpay of like $13mil or something crazy.
7 mars à 11 h 52
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Jim Benning’s ghost can finally rest now
7 mars à 19 h 2
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: PrisonBull
The speculation was Necas, Cupcake, prospects and picks. Not nearly enough for a 25 year old center on pace for back to back 100 point seasons.

I agree, especially with Necas due an unknown raise as a pending RFA with arbitration, and Kotkaniemi having regressed after it looked like he was going to have a breakout season. If Carolina could have got Pettersson without giving up Aho, Svechnikov or Slavin, that would have been amazing for them. That sounds more like a June trade than a March trade though. Why would the 2nd-best team in the league trade their best player six weeks before the playoffs?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage