SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #4: Deadline is Approaching

25 févr. à 13 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,001
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Bored and Ranking the “available” goalies, showing remaining term which impacts ranking.

1a. Gibson, 3years
1b. Markstrom, 2 years
2a. Saros, 1 year
2b. Hellebyuck, 0 years, not available tdl, avail opposing offseasons
3. Binnington, 3 years
Large gap
4. Kähkönen, 0 years
5a. MAF vet backup
5b. Allen vet backup

Seems to me if you’re gonna pay the piper, Gibson should be the target. You get less for your money in all the rest, whether it be term or performance. I can’t imagine the ask for saros, for example, is all that much less than the ask for Gibson. Either should require something you def don’t want to give away. Even binnington would require some chunky asset in return.

Is why I’m trying to guess that NJD and ANA make deal. You’re gonna pay fine dining prices no matter where you go to eat, may as well pick the best food.

Hellebyuck signed an extension with WPG did u forget that?

Dont even get why he on the list, WPG competing

Markstrom, Gibson, Saros, and Binnington make sense but not him

Also u forgot Ned
25 févr. à 13 h 50
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 476
Modifié 25 févr. à 15 h 48
Quoting: aadoyle
Hellebyuck signed an extension with WPG did u forget that?

Dont even get why he on the list, WPG competing

Markstrom, Gibson, Saros, and Binnington make sense but not him

Also u forgot Ned

Wow I totally missed his extension.

Thx!

I guess my take on Gibson is way off.

I’ve always felt like anahiem is on the ebb and he’s the one that didn’t get off the sinking ship. I think he’d be able to put together a few good years on a club that was in contention. I like where his contract ends. Other options you may be stuck resigning for years beyond 33. This is why I have him ontop. I’m totally okay with having a cap structure where I get a tandem that includes 31 year old John Gibson splitting starts with whichever rookie is ontop of the heap If my other choice is just a heap of rookies.
25 févr. à 15 h 54
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,972
Nah he would be expelled from the league if he was a Leaf. As if he did that hit on Bastian in a leafs jersey its adios man lul

Rempe's big and does some stuff but eventually league catches on starts penalizing more and then its pressbox or back to AHL. Hes getting his 30 seconds of fame but eventually it runs out. Remember Logan Stanley or Curtis Douglas

They had their moments now nothing.

Rempe AND Reaves would spell fun and teams would not look forward to mess around with them
25 févr. à 15 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Rempe AND Reaves would spell fun and teams would not look forward to mess around with them

Nah they would make it to where we got 3 useable lines and a 4th line that would either be in the box or barely play. Not great for Kampf lul
25 févr. à 16 h 2
Leafs going to Leafs
Nah they would make it to where we got 3 useable lines and a 4th line that would either be in the box or barely play. Not great for Kampf lul

Rempe is playable and Reaves has been playable as of late...

You could also put Rempe in front of the net on the PP and have a shooting gallery
25 févr. à 16 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Rempe is playable and Reaves has been playable as of late...

You could also put Rempe in front of the net on the PP and have a shooting gallery

Rempe plays 9mins a night thats not playable. Your missing a lot of things here. He's just a 4th liner with some size who fights and tries to injure. League will catch on or he will become a problem for NYR and will be gone as hes got more PIM then playing time

And him on a PP.....Yikes for whoever decides to put him there
25 févr. à 16 h 8
Leafs going to Leafs
Rempe plays 9mins a night thats not playable. Your missing a lot of things here. He's just a 4th liner with some size who fights and tries to injure. League will catch on or he will become a problem for NYR and will be gone as hes got more PIM then playing time

And him on a PP.....Yikes for whoever decides to put him there

Rempe has 1 goals in 36 minutes of play...

And he's someone players won't mess around with, that's playable...

And him on the PP is just an idea as he scored his 1rst that way
25 févr. à 16 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Rempe has 1 goals in 36 minutes of play...

And he's someone players won't mess around with, that's playable...

And him on the PP is just an idea as he scored his 1rst that way

We really gonna be going 1 goal is amazing.....especially when it was a deflection off his leg (facepalm)

This is just a big bodied 4th liner who eventually the league will catch on to the antics and start to punish thats all we got to look at him as such
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
25 févr. à 16 h 41
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
My few Americans, did TNT poop the bed and freeze on a Pizza Hut commercial for you?
25 févr. à 16 h 42
JimmyPaek
We really gonna be going 1 goal is amazing.....especially when it was a deflection off his leg (facepalm)

This is just a big bodied 4th liner who eventually the league will catch on to the antics and start to punish thats all we got to look at him as such

It’s another John Scott thing except that was actually funny.
25 févr. à 17 h 8
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,701
Hopefully Drysdale's UBI/Shoulder(?) is OK...

Unfortunately:
RULE #1 KID - keep ur' head up!
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
25 févr. à 17 h 19
Hakuna Matata
This offseason PHI priority should be get a goalie, Ersson is good but not ready for a full time starting role, and Peterson yea lul

They got the cap space to make an interesting move this summer especially if they put Ellis on LTIR

I say go get Gibson
25 févr. à 17 h 25
GM CRIME DAWG
Where was EK65 GOING on that 4-4 goal...pee wee special; smh.

Staple him to the bench Coach!
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
25 févr. à 17 h 51
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,650
https://t.co/MI3J2wi6U7

CAR listening to offers for Necas according to Larry Brooks

From a Habs perspecting, im wondering if i would rather have Necas or Zegras

What do you think?
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
25 févr. à 18 h 2
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: pinslack
https://t.co/MI3J2wi6U7

CAR listening to offers for Necas according to Larry Brooks

From a Habs perspecting, im wondering if i would rather have Necas or Zegras

What do you think?

100% Necas for my GM toolbox!
25 févr. à 18 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,388
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Rempe career

Game 1: gets in fight on first shift (0:01) into career
Game 2: does nothing
Game 3: one shift (0:13), takes run at Bastian, kicked out
Game 4: gets in fight on first shift (0:14)

Zero redeeming qualities outside of trying to injure opponents.

It should be open season on Fox, Panarin, etc

Game 5: first shift, another fight (0:16)
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
25 févr. à 19 h 22
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,101
<a href=IMG-1559">
pinslack a aimé ceci.
25 févr. à 20 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Game 5: first shift, another fight (0:16)

And he really lost that one

Credit to Mathieu Olivier

Like this is getting tiresome
25 févr. à 20 h 25
JimmyPaek
Quoting: McGruff
Hopefully Drysdale's UBI/Shoulder(?) is OK...

Unfortunately:
RULE #1 KID - keep ur' head up!

I didn’t like that hit and I’m saying that as a Pens fan. Then again Harkins knows why he’s in the NHL. A simple stick check on an off balance player reaching for a puck would do.
25 févr. à 20 h 27
JimmyPaek
Apparently Blues fans think Buch is worth 2 1sts just to start a conversation even without retention lol.
25 févr. à 20 h 28
JimmyPaek
Quoting: McGruff
Where was EK65 GOING on that 4-4 goal...pee wee special; smh.

Staple him to the bench Coach!

I might have been the one Pens fan that didn’t like that trade.
McGruff a aimé ceci.
25 févr. à 20 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: edeangel84
I might have been the one Pens fan that didn’t like that trade.

Sharks won just unloading the contract, imo. Never liked that trade for the Pens.
25 févr. à 20 h 37
JimmyPaek
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
Sharks won just unloading the contract, imo. Never liked that trade for the Pens.

The cap hit doesn’t mean much for us as we are going to be eating old money for a while. Our contender days are long gone and I think everyone knows that. Even if FSG doesn’t want to admit it out loud, they probably want to squeeze some cash out for a couple of years before poop hits the fan and we are the next SJ.
26 févr. à 6 h 13
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 476
Modifié 26 févr. à 8 h 17
Apparently Blues fans think Buch is worth 2 1sts just to start a conversation even without retention lol.

I’m a blues fan.

The best Buchnevich deal I’ve found is Detroit for Perron, B level nhl ready prospect, pick depending on prospect quality.

I suggest berggren and a 1st with protection, but I’m no scout and I’m sure there’s a viable target in the org.

Blues fans think that’s way too low for a return on Buchnevich .

I think it’s wishful thinking to get that much, specifically the first of a wildcard/bubble team. (Even tho I’m bullish on the wings, that pick is much more valuable than teams projected to win cup.) I wouldn’t be surprised if Yzerman refused to move it. So in my mind the return is Perron, berggren, 2nd, perhaps future 2nd conditioned to resign. Stl likely won’t get either a super premium pick OR a super premium prospect for Buchnevich. Best case is retain and send to Canada, but buch has trade protection and I’m guessing he isn’t into pay cuts. I almost think this deal won’t be possible because stl will demand the 1st and Detroit will refuse, and the clock will do the rest.

I see a ton of proposals or chats where blues fans are adding like multiple top shelf prospects ontop of picks and I just shake my head and move along. I think there’s going to be a lot of disappointment.

But in blues fans defense: there aren’t many comparable deals for them to lean on, and I’m wrong more than I’m right. Armstrong could have an established bidding war with retention, but so many clubs are depleted that I don’t see the market. How do you get a bidding war if 3 of the teams bidding don’t have any draft picks for years due to previous decisions. What’s Tampa, Boston, other florida, Toronto going to give you? A 2027 first lol? The buyers all know this.

Worst case for stl they keep him and get a late first next deadline, as long as he’s injury free he’s going to be among the premium rentals if not the premium rental. I’d personally rather get a larger return right now, even if that return isn’t massive itself. It would be nice for the retool to dip down low once and snag a monster pick. I’d suggest ship Parayko to Edmonton for Ceci along with moving Buchnevich and get that top 5 pick next season, preparing to contend at the bubble the next season, window fully open the next, propped up for about 5 years.
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. à 6 h 51
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,393

I mean, I do think it’s reasonable to expect a high package for Buchnevich, he is a good 1st liner, I’d peg his value around 2 1sts too, just maybe separated into like a 1st and good prospect or a 1st, and 2 lower valued assets that combined roughly make up another 1st
pinslack a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage