SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

If Zegras is on the market

Équipe: 2023-24 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 15 févr. 2024
Publié: 15 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just looking into what would MTL have to offer for Zegras knowing that when a 22 year old potential 1st line player goes on market for a rebuilding team, it means something's off with the attitude or skills.

Not saying Zegras falls under this, just wondering why would he go to market unless they just want picks and younger Defensemen potential.

Allen Trade to LAK.. Just a suggestion form the possible trade destinations listed on a couple of sites that list potential destinations, not actual talks or rumors. Just a guess, so LAK fans, don't take this as a thing that's being talked about or not, just throwing it our there based on very circumstantial articles of POSSIBLE trade partners..

HABS have a bit over 15M$ of cap next year and 2 RFA's that won't cost much to resign and 1 UFA in Pearson if they want to keep around for another year.

Wideman is a good guy, but he won't be back; Norlinder, unless tradeable won't be signed to a 1 way deal and the rest of the UFAs and RFAs in the AHL would stay put in the AHL if kept.

Habs suddenly have at least a min of 12M$ (after signing Ylönen and Xhekaj with extensions) to either see who's out there that would be interesting to bring in, or hold off during TDL or until 2025 to make a bigger splash if they need to.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Zegras, Trevor
Détails additionnels:
While some may say it's too much of a risk to give up MTL's 1st I think it's not that bad since I really don't see them getting top 3 anyways, and you get a 22 year old player able to play center but should round up your top 6 and provide you with two lines of good players. His defensive skills can be taught and you don't need him to be at the top of his game next year. He's got two more years on his contract and then you have enough space to keep him for a while.
ANA
  1. Barron, Justin
  2. Harris, Jordan
  3. Pezzetta, Michael
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
Harris - Straight up a good solid Defenseman; Barron potential is high on him, he's a RD, just young and needs to be groomed; Pezzetta to add grit to the team with a low cap hit; *1st round pick is top 3 protected; if so then ANA get WIN's pick, plus 2024 AVS' 2nd and MIN 3rd. Still get PIT's 2nd 2025.
MTL
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (LAK)
Détails additionnels:
LAK get a goalie that while doesn't look great right now, he's playing for a rebuilding team with a very young Defensive line. Given the right team, like the LAK his chances of raising his value and % goes way up. LAK need another Goalie with experience, Cam Talbot has not been delivering since Jan, going winless with an .873 SV%. This helps Rittich, and pushes aside Talbot for now.
LAK
  1. Allen, Jake (1 925 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
HABS get a third for 2025; mostly for the cap retention.
LAK can also flip Allen again during the offseason with the rest of the cap retention which will most likely give them back that 3rd if need be in 2025 or even during draft 2024.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MIN
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de VAN
Logo de LAK
Logo de MTL
Logo de DET
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 500 000 $79 347 916 $1 170 000 $4 035 000 $4 152 084 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 7
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 4
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
835 000 $835 000 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AG, AD
RFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
C
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 2
890 000 $890 000 $
G
RFA - 2
867 500 $867 500 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
DG
RFA - 2
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 3
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 févr. à 9 h 32
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,410
I'd rather draft a d-men than trade for Zegras
15 févr. à 9 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 719
Quoting: habitantlecolon

Same.
I'm not on the Z train. Anaheim fans seem to think they can get Slafkovsky or Hutson for him. Haha.
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
15 févr. à 9 h 46
Fall River Habs
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 335
It does appear that the "Zegras is on the trade market" may have taken on a life of its own with very little (if any) basis for it. It appears that multiple Ducks fans say that he is not on the market, which would make sense, given his value is the lowest it has been in the past few years. I really cannot see Anaheim trading him right now.
habitantlecolon et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 févr. à 9 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Yall gotta Chill
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 181

HABS need offense. He got 2X 60pts seasons and at 22 ain't done developing. If you're basing your judgement on the +/- you need to get pass that for now because he's in a worse defensive team than us, and at his age and maturity he can be taught by the HABS coaching staff to improve on this. They are working it in for Caufield and would surely help Zegras push that to do better. If the kid can get to 80pts/season in 2025-26 then the HABS will finally get someone on their 2nd line which we need.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 févr. à 9 h 50
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,356
If they traded Zegras, I am guessing they would ask for Caufield back since they need a finisher. They have a ton of good defensive prospects, so Barron and Harris may not be best fits.

I’d come up with the best one-for-one and offer that.
15 févr. à 9 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Yall gotta Chill
Quoting: KentMcNally
It does appear that the "Zegras is on the trade market" may have taken on a life of its own with very little (if any) basis for it. It appears that multiple Ducks fans say that he is not on the market, which would make sense, given his value is the lowest it has been in the past few years. I really cannot see Anaheim trading him right now.

Oh good lord, thanks for the comment we didn't need seeing this is a IF situation.. But yeah pointing this out again is a life changer for us all.. Thank you SSSSOOOO much.. .....
15 févr. à 9 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Yall gotta Chill
Quoting: Ste_Catherine_Street
Same.
I'm not on the Z train. Anaheim fans seem to think they can get Slafkovsky or Hutson for him. Haha.

Yeah well for those assets I wouldn't trade for him either.
15 févr. à 9 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Yall gotta Chill
Quoting: NHLfan10506
If they traded Zegras, I am guessing they would ask for Caufield back since they need a finisher. They have a ton of good defensive prospects, so Barron and Harris may not be best fits.

I’d come up with the best one-for-one and offer that.

makes absolutely no sense since Caufield's value is way over Zegras..
15 févr. à 9 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,493
Allen stinks, this is posted every other day. He can’t even claim the starting role in Montreal, what makes you think he would I. LA?
15 févr. à 9 h 58
Quoting: WhoCares_ItsAFantasyGame
makes absolutely no sense since Caufield's value is way over Zegras..

It’s higher, but a lot of that is because Zergras has been hurt. If healthy, they are pretty close to being on par with each other.
15 févr. à 10 h 0
Fall River Habs
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 335
Oh good lord, thanks for the comment we didn't need seeing this is a IF situation.. But yeah pointing this out again is a life changer for us all.. Thank you SSSSOOOO much.. .....

HA! Ok, sorry to have upset you.
15 févr. à 10 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Yall gotta Chill
Quoting: NHLfan10506
It’s higher, but a lot of that is because Zergras has been hurt. If healthy, they are pretty close to being on par with each other.

I would disagree since if you compare their stats:

- Caufield (23yrs old) has a -12 in the last 99 games with 78 pts;
- Zegras (22 yrs old) has a -29 in 101 games and 72 pts.

I'm not saying Zegras doesn't have value, but he's not a straight up trade, even for Slaf, SUzuki, Mailloux, Hudson or Reinbacher... That +/- is a chance HABS take on where he'll either develop or never understand how he need to play when in his zone. I'm not against giving up a top4 to 10 1st rounder but not a currently important player for the future of the organization.
15 févr. à 10 h 27
Le patriote
HABS need offense. He got 2X 60pts seasons and at 22 ain't done developing. If you're basing your judgement on the +/- you need to get pass that for now because he's in a worse defensive team than us, and at his age and maturity he can be taught by the HABS coaching staff to improve on this. They are working it in for Caufield and would surely help Zegras push that to do better. If the kid can get to 80pts/season in 2025-26 then the HABS will finally get someone on their 2nd line which we need.

we need big quality 2 way players, not another small point producer, we have a full pipeline of these.
15 févr. à 10 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Yall gotta Chill
we need big quality 2 way players, not another small point producer, we have a full pipeline of these.

I think him being 22 and has a good potential they can teach him as they are teaching Caufield. Pretty sure Zegras can become a high 2 way player once he gets his head around it. And we need 6ft+ players on the team to play top lines.
15 févr. à 11 h 1
Le patriote
I think him being 22 and has a good potential they can teach him as they are teaching Caufield. Pretty sure Zegras can become a high 2 way player once he gets his head around it. And we need 6ft+ players on the team to play top lines.

that's why we will draft Cayden Lindstrom.
15 févr. à 11 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Yall gotta Chill
that's why we will draft Cayden Lindstrom.

I guess we have a difference of opinions on this type of thing. I prefer going for a current young NHLer than a probable rookie.

Also, you're looking at the draft as if HABS will be able to pick who they want. The draft will be settled once the lottery has been dealt. They may sit at 13th, Lindstrom is currently looking to be 12th, they could also hit 9th-10th place and be able to get Iginla or Catton.. May also fall after these and not have the player they need.

My views are just that any player not being a top 3, push it to top 5 will not be a sure thing. Any of the players mentioned above could fail in the NHL regardless of the position they're in. Zegras is currently an NHLer. So so you have low risk of the player not being able to play in the league. Just look at Shane Wright.. Was supposed to be a sure thing for a top 6 (mostly 2nd line guy but in the end.. A sure NHLer).. Hugues finally did the right thing with Slaf.. But oh boy did they get hat for that one. Today.. Slaf is ahead of Wright and is considered a better deal..

Difference of opinions on this one.
15 févr. à 11 h 28
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,246
Trevor Zegras isn't on the market because, as your colleague @KentMcNally so accurately points out, despite the fact that his offensive statistics in almost every category except goals are still superior to Cole Caufield's despite this injury-riddled season, his trade value will never be lower.

That being said, we Anaheim fans have said on numerous occasions that we would accept an A prospect from the Beck/Mesar/Roy/Barron tier and the Montreal 2024 first for him.

By the way, Anaheim has no interest in an LhD like Hutson or Harris.
15 févr. à 11 h 29
Le patriote
I guess we have a difference of opinions on this type of thing. I prefer going for a current young NHLer than a probable rookie.

Also, you're looking at the draft as if HABS will be able to pick who they want. The draft will be settled once the lottery has been dealt. They may sit at 13th, Lindstrom is currently looking to be 12th, they could also hit 9th-10th place and be able to get Iginla or Catton.. May also fall after these and not have the player they need.

My views are just that any player not being a top 3, push it to top 5 will not be a sure thing. Any of the players mentioned above could fail in the NHL regardless of the position they're in. Zegras is currently an NHLer. So so you have low risk of the player not being able to play in the league. Just look at Shane Wright.. Was supposed to be a sure thing for a top 6 (mostly 2nd line guy but in the end.. A sure NHLer).. Hugues finally did the right thing with Slaf.. But oh boy did they get hat for that one. Today.. Slaf is ahead of Wright and is considered a better deal..

Difference of opinions on this one.

go for distraction all you want at best you'll have another scoring player at worst another Drouin's drama ...
15 févr. à 11 h 44
I would disagree since if you compare their stats:

- Caufield (23yrs old) has a -12 in the last 99 games with 78 pts;
- Zegras (22 yrs old) has a -29 in 101 games and 72 pts.

I'm not saying Zegras doesn't have value, but he's not a straight up trade, even for Slaf, SUzuki, Mailloux, Hudson or Reinbacher... That +/- is a chance HABS take on where he'll either develop or never understand how he need to play when in his zone. I'm not against giving up a top4 to 10 1st rounder but not a currently important player for the future of the organization.

People can disagree on values (after all, that is how a market is created...if we all used same valuations, there would be nothing to gain from trading)

I am saying, instead of sending 5 pieces, try sending 1...maybe 2.
And instead of sending pieces that are excess to MTL...send pieces that are needed in ANA.

(Personally I think it would take one of the pieces you mentioned)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage