Forums/Armchair-GM

Willy at 1125m

Créé par: TMLBRIAN
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 4 janv. 2024
Publié: 4 janv. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Too much money for Willy. I won't be a fan of this contract if he signs it. 10m x 8 was reasonable. Anything more becomes a bit silly.

But it kind of still works since we are going no cap in the goalies.

I tried to make realistic contracts.

Am I off base on any of the contracts? If so, what should they be?

Minten and Cowan may or may not make the team. We have guys like Holmberg and Steeves in the AHL in this situation, who could easily be on instead of them.

We would be keeping either Bert or Domi. Bert would need to accept a pay decrease though. He has been good but he has not been 5.5m good. And having the centre is a priority in my mind.

Thoughts?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
33 500 000 $
21 000 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
31 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
811 250 000 $
45 500 000 $
44 000 000 $
33 500 000 $
21 250 000 $
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 700 000 $87 351 333 $0 $0 $348 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
11 250 000 $11 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 8
845 833 $845 833 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA
935 833 $935 833 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
RFA
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 janv. à 17 h 6
VAN
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,880
If TO traded for Kuz, it could get them a new AGM I'm Dan Milstein. Sure fire way to get Big Z.
4 janv. à 17 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,172
Quoting: Prime_Jimbo
If TO traded for Kuz, it could get them a new AGM I'm Dan Milstein. Sure fire way to get Big Z.

I would love Kuz. But we need that cap space for our defence. It's either Kuz/Bert or Roy in this scenario.
Prime_Jimbo a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 19
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,025
Treliving has not done anything good. He's very much a terrible GM
BruinsWoahWoah a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 21
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
I'm with you on the general logic. Everyone needs to calm the eff down with this potential Willy news. It's not ideal if he's around $11m but...the way I look at it...if he's $10m or $11m...I'd rather keep him vs lose him over $1m.

More importantly...as you've shown here...there's plenty of room to sign him and bring in some quality re-enforcements for the blueline....whether or not your UFA's and re-signings are spot on...it's a framework that is flexible to make similar type moves
TMLBRIAN et Jim_Benning_Almost a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: RipNasty
Treliving has not done anything good. He's very much a terrible GM

Bert and Domi were very good signings.

Reaves was a terrible one.

Klingberg the cap hit was fine but I thought we needed a bigger/more physical guy, so I didn't like this one either.

He hasn't done much else here. Resigning Kampf was reasonable. Sammy was arbitrator. Getting depth guys like Benoit and Laggesson have proven to be good moves.

He has definitely done some good.
4 janv. à 17 h 30
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,698
Pretty good lineup. But there is no need to rush Minten and have him play out of his soon to be needed position at centre. He should start in the Marlies at centre. Holmberg/Steeves or someone can play LW.,
TMLBRIAN a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
Pretty good lineup. But there is no need to rush Minten and have him play out of his soon to be needed position at centre. He should start in the Marlies at centre. Holmberg/Steeves or someone can play LW.,

Yes I wrote about Steeves and Holmberg replacing Cowan/Minten in the description.
palhal a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 39
Treliving's track record in Calgary leaves some cause for concern...but far too early to judge him yet as Leafs GM. Everyone is quick to forget how much praise he got after the Huberdeau trade and the Kadri signing given the fact he was over a barrel with Tkachuk and Gaudreau. In hindsight, it didn't work out...but at the time all the experts were singing his praises.

With Toronto...he was hired late....if nothing else, he went after 1yr contracts to ice a competitive roster and buy him some time to fully assess the team and how he wants to shape it moving forward. He refrained from giving in to multiple years on Samsonov, Schenn and Gudas at the dollars they wanted and I think that sets us up nicely for this offseason.

The multi-year Reaves contract is still confusing but shouldn't handcuff us too much.

Let's see how this post-season and, probably more importantly, the offseason looks
TMLBRIAN et palhal a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 41

If Minten is going to make this team...I actually like starting him off on the wing while he matures. Probably best to have him play C for the Marlies but the kid will help dictate that based on training camp
TMLBRIAN et palhal a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 42
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Yes I wrote about Steeves and Holmberg replacing Cowan/Minten in the description.

I wonder about Cowan too. One of few forwards on the Marlies that may help next year is Ryan Tverberg. He has a shot at RW next year IMO,
TMLBRIAN a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Juice
Treliving's track record in Calgary leaves some cause for concern...but far too early to judge him yet as Leafs GM. Everyone is quick to forget how much praise he got after the Huberdeau trade and the Kadri signing given the fact he was over a barrel with Tkachuk and Gaudreau. In hindsight, it didn't work out...but at the time all the experts were singing his praises.

With Toronto...he was hired late....if nothing else, he went after 1yr contracts to ice a competitive roster and buy him some time to fully assess the team and how he wants to shape it moving forward. He refrained from giving in to multiple years on Samsonov, Schenn and Gudas at the dollars they wanted and I think that sets us up nicely for this offseason.

The multi-year Reaves contract is still confusing but shouldn't handcuff us too much.

Let's see how this post-season and, probably more importantly, the offseason looks

Agreed. I thought he did a good job in that Tkachuk trade as well. Weegar was an amazing add. Huberdeau was a great add also (who could have predicted he would fall off a cliff?). I thought 10.5m x 8 years was too much for Huberdeau though but not by much. Weegar contract was solid. Plus they got a 1st.

I thought Kadri made sense as well but I didn't like the 7 x 7 contract. It was too steep. And I didn't like that he gave a 1st away to make it happen (sending Monahan away).

Overall he created a very good team on paper. it just didn't perform. I heard, he wasn't aloud firing the coach either. If that's the case, I put less of the blame on him.
4 janv. à 17 h 45
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Juice
If Minten is going to make this team...I actually like starting him off on the wing while he matures. Probably best to have him play C for the Marlies but the kid will help dictate that based on training camp

The reason I would like at centre with the Marlies to start the season is that soon he might be the 2C with the Leafs in 25/26. If he plays against the top centres, lines that might be the his development, but that is just my opinion. Of course injuries happen and he could be Leaf regular at centre or wing early in his pro career
TMLBRIAN a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 17 h 48
Démarrer sujet
The reason I would like at centre with the Marlies to start the season is that soon he might be the 2C with the Leafs in 25/26. If he plays against the top centres, lines that might be the his development, but that is just my opinion. Of course injuries happen and he could be Leaf regular at centre or wing early in his pro career

I view Minten as a Boone Jenner Type. Captain material. Very good top 9 guy. Preferably your #3C or #2 LW. I don't see him being a star but a top notch complimentary guy, with a ton of leadership qualities.

Time will tell how he pans out. If he ends up being a Boone Jenner, I would be pumped.
4 janv. à 17 h 51
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,760
Why should sign less than Marner though? Genuinely asking. I don’t think Mitch’s contract was perfect either but cap has risen since his deal was signed and Nylander has been a stud. He has a leg to stand on with the ask
4 janv. à 18 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: joshelkin
Why should sign less than Marner though? Genuinely asking. I don’t think Mitch’s contract was perfect either but cap has risen since his deal was signed and Nylander has been a stud. He has a leg to stand on with the ask

Marner is also a selke candidate and has consistently been putting up more points than Nylander, up until this point.

Also, Marners last deal should have been 9.5m a year not 10.9m. That was wild.
4 janv. à 18 h 8
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,025
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Bert and Domi were very good signings.

Reaves was a terrible one.

Klingberg the cap hit was fine but I thought we needed a bigger/more physical guy, so I didn't like this one either.

He hasn't done much else here. Resigning Kampf was reasonable. Sammy was arbitrator. Getting depth guys like Benoit and Laggesson have proven to be good moves.

He has definitely done some good.

Kampf was an overpay. Domi is exactly what I figured he'd be. Can provide offence but is just utterly incapable of playing with any defensive responsibility. Bertuzzi is fine and I like the term but he's not exactly blown the doors off. Klingberg I understood but thought it was an overpay as well and to be fair to him, he did hurt his hip in the preseason and was effectively playing without one leg the entire time he was in TO. I really hoped Treliving would have fired Keefe but he didn't. And now he's totally lost the negotiations with Willy. Willy won't be a problem. He's really an elite talent but could have been had for less but instead Treliving tried to grind him for less than 9 million and as we will soon find out for certain, he's lost big.

And looking at his history in Calgary, is anyone surprised? He's a trash GM. Likely got the job because he agreed to be Shanahan's mouth piece

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage