Forums/Armchair-GM

Defence Upgrade

Créé par: TMLBRIAN
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 24 déc. 2023
Publié: 24 déc. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
St Louis D core is very old, signed for a lot of cap and signed for a very long time. Would they be willing to unload Parayko to try to get younger?

Is this enough?

Thoughts?
Transactions
STL
  1. Niemelä, Topi
  2. Samsonov, Ilya
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
  5. Choix de 3e ronde en 2026 (TOR)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $83 493 950 $0 $0 $6 050 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 déc. 2023 à 1 h 9
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,467
I’d be willing to bet we’d be willing to unload anyone but Parayko.
24 déc. 2023 à 1 h 42
Former NHL Executive
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Only think you upgraded was the 4C.

Parayko shouldn't make the Leafs top 6. This isn't even considering his contract.
SomeonesOffended a aimé ceci.
24 déc. 2023 à 9 h 28
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,268
Parayko is a good nhl dman (2nd pair) but at his age, that contract (aav & term) makes him toxic & unmovable. To give up prime assets for him would be disastrous ; no chance Tre does this
24 déc. 2023 à 9 h 33
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,495
Quoting: Rajvinder

Parayko shouldn't make the Leafs top 6. This isn't even considering his contract.

Why do people make huge declarations when they obviously have not the foggiest clue what they're on about?

Quoting: MitchJr
Parayko is a good nhl dman (2nd pair) but at his age, that contract (aav & term) makes him toxic & unmovable. To give up prime assets for him would be disastrous ; no chance Tre does this

(Sigh)

How is Parayko a 2nd pair Dman exactly? And where on Earth do you get toxic from? And what do you imagine are these prime assets in the offer above?

I thought people knew hockey in Toronto. This stuff is embarrassing, guys. Still.
24 déc. 2023 à 10 h 33
Quoting: mokumboi
Why do people make huge declarations when they obviously have not the foggiest clue what they're on about?

(Sigh)

How is Parayko a 2nd pair Dman exactly? And where on Earth do you get toxic from? And what do you imagine are these prime assets in the offer above?

I thought people knew hockey in Toronto. This stuff is embarrassing, guys. Still.

Toronto is the centre of the hockey universe 👍 so maybe take some notes; I don’t tell people in St Louis how to bbq for instance 🤷🏻. Just because Parayko plays top pair minutes on the Blues (a middling team) doesn’t make him a top pairing dman on a good team. His numbers (gf%, xgf%) are bad and have been for awhile and the few times I’ve watched him (admittedly only when the Leafs play the Blues), he’s meh. The contract is toxic, not the player - too much $ & term for a guy that’s not good enough today and will only deteriorate.
A 1st & our only D prospect (RHD at that) are prime assets.
24 déc. 2023 à 10 h 52
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,467
Toronto is the centre of the hockey universe 👍 so maybe take some notes; I don’t tell people in St Louis how to bbq for instance 🤷🏻. Just because Parayko plays top pair minutes on the Blues (a middling team) doesn’t make him a top pairing dman on a good team. His numbers (gf%, xgf%) are bad and have been for awhile and the few times I’ve watched him (admittedly only when the Leafs play the Blues), he’s meh. The contract is toxic, not the player - too much $ & term for a guy that’s not good enough today and will only deteriorate.

Your first two sentences are ridiculous. Just because I live in St Louis doesn’t mean I’m a chef of ravioli or barbecue. Just because you live in Toronto doesn’t mean you’re an expert on hockey. Both are probably far from the truth.

The whole teams xgf and xga percentages aren’t great. It’s called a dysfunctional team. It’s why those stats aren’t as useful as a lot of you ‘geniuses’ like to portray them to be.

Parayko is not a great offensive facilitator. But he’s an extremely and mean extremely effective 1 on 1 defender who lacks help and he chips in 5-10g 20-25 assists a season. That’s not a 2nd pairing defenseman. But I guess I’ll have to defer to you since you are clearly on TSN analyzing hockey since you’re from Toronto
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
24 déc. 2023 à 11 h 45
Quoting: AC14
Your first two sentences are ridiculous. Just because I live in St Louis doesn’t mean I’m a chef of ravioli or barbecue. Just because you live in Toronto doesn’t mean you’re an expert on hockey. Both are probably far from the truth.

The whole teams xgf and xga percentages aren’t great. It’s called a dysfunctional team. It’s why those stats aren’t as useful as a lot of you ‘geniuses’ like to portray them to be.

Parayko is not a great offensive facilitator. But he’s an extremely and mean extremely effective 1 on 1 defender who lacks help and he chips in 5-10g 20-25 assists a season. That’s not a 2nd pairing defenseman. But I guess I’ll have to defer to you since you are clearly on TSN analyzing hockey since you’re from Toronto

Humour must get lost in translation - some metric to imperial thing (interesting side note, only 3 countries still using imperial system - the U.S., Liberia and Myanmar).
Dude was taking shot at all Toronto fans (for simply disagreeing with a poor trade proposal) so just gave a little back; relax.
I will try one last time - just because blues fans think Parayko is a mean tough defender, he gets caved in when he’s on the ice. But even if (and it’s a massive if) he’s as good as you say, the contract is an absolute albatross. 7 x $6.5M for a 30 year old that produces very little offense and is underwater defensively is simply not a good decision for Tre, even if the trade was a 7th for him
24 déc. 2023 à 11 h 55
mokumboi
a buncha jibber jabber

Heh. Setting aside the rest of your hilarity, I call BS on your Parayko viewings. The Blues are 9-3 against the Leafs with him in the lineup, holding Matthews to 5g and just 8pts in those 12 games
and he has 5 pts in the last 6 meetings with zero PP time. So you either don't notice what he does in those games or don't understand hockey near enough to judge who's meh or toxic or has a bad contract. Like I said, you guys just embarrass yourselves with this stuff and somehow don't even realize it. Stop reading Dom and analytic stats you probably don't even understand, and watch some hockey.
24 déc. 2023 à 11 h 58
mokumboi
Humour must get lost in translation - some metric to imperial thing (interesting side note, only 3 countries still using imperial system - the U.S., Liberia and Myanmar).
Dude was taking shot at all Toronto fans (for simply disagreeing with a poor trade proposal) so just gave a little back; relax.
I will try one last time - just because blues fans think Parayko is a mean tough defender, he gets caved in when he’s on the ice. But even if (and it’s a massive if) he’s as good as you say, the contract is an absolute albatross. 7 x $6.5M for a 30 year old that produces very little offense and is underwater defensively is simply not a good decision for Tre, even if the trade was a 7th for him

1 - I did not insult ALL Leafs fans. That's just another lie to excuse your tantrum.

2 - NEWSFLASH: Parayko had as many even strength points last season as Rielly did. Fact.

Just stop. Don't say stuff you don't actually know about and you won't get checked.
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 12
Heh. Setting aside the rest of your hilarity, I call BS on your Parayko viewings. The Blues are 9-3 against the Leafs with him in the lineup, holding Matthews to 5g and just 8pts in those 12 games
and he has 5 pts in the last 6 meetings with zero PP time. So you either don't notice what he does in those games or don't understand hockey near enough to judge who's meh or toxic or has a bad contract. Like I said, you guys just embarrass yourselves with this stuff and somehow don't even realize it. Stop reading Dom and analytic stats you probably don't even understand, and watch some hockey.

1 - I did not insult ALL Leafs fans. That's just another lie to excuse your tantrum.

2 - NEWSFLASH: Parayko had as many even strength points last season as Rielly did. Fact.

Just stop. Don't say stuff you don't actually know about and you won't get checked.

Too bad you don’t just play against the Leafs then 😅; you’re in 20th place. Leafs are notorious for playing down to their competition.
Reilly had an off year last year (injury related) but was dynamite in playoffs. Parayko has
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 13
mokumboi
Too bad you don’t just play against the Leafs then 😅; you’re in 20th place. Leafs are notorious for playing down to their competition.
Reilly had an off year last year (injury related) but was dynamite in playoffs. Parayko has

Oh cool! Lots of flailing "excuses". Fun!

Just stop. You have zero clue about the weight Parayko is asked to carry (running half the time against top lines with Blues 3rd and 4th line forwards) or, for that matter, how well he carries it. It's beyond obvious.

Oh... and the Leafs have won one playoff round in 20 years. You have no leg to stand on there, either.
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 14
Oh cool! Lots of flailing "excuses". Fun!

Just stop. You have zero clue about the weight Parayko is asked to carry (running half the time against top lines with Blues 3rd and 4th line forwards) or, for that matter, how well he carries it. It's beyond obvious.

Then keep him! Even 20th place teams need “great” defenders 😅
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 15
mokumboi
Then keep him! Even 20th place teams need “great” defenders 😅

One playoff round in 20 years. Keep talkin'. It's deliiiiiicious. Fun fact: the Blues have four more regulations wins than the Leafs this season and three more ROWs.
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 16
One playoff round in 20 years. Keep talkin'. It's deliiiiiicious. Fun fact: the Blues have four more regulations wins than the Leafs this season and three more ROWs.

20th place is a mirage then? Just a matter of time 🧐
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 35
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 145

I had this whole song and dance with mokumboi. He didn’t know how RAPM charts work, you know, the ones that show Parayko has been painfully average this season and the few seasons prior.

He’ll call you out on not knowing what you’re talking about, but dude speaks out of his arse 99% of the time he’s on this site. When you correct him, he goes silent and adds you to his ignore list lol.
MitchJr a aimé ceci.
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 36
Quoting: AC14

If Parayko is unable to handle top competition without crumbling, then he’s not a top defender.

Give it up. He’s mid.
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 37

Hey buddy, mind replying to our other thread and admitting you were wrong? Cheers!
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 56
mokumboi
Quoting: badoob
Hey buddy, mind replying to our other thread and admitting you were wrong? Cheers!

I'll reply when you finally understand what "on-ice" means. Short of that, you're just proving my point to Mitch.
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 57
mokumboi
20th place is a mirage then? Just a matter of time 🧐

How much time? Twenty years? Then you guys can win one more playoff round!
24 déc. 2023 à 12 h 58
mokumboi
Okay, this is all terribly boring. Like I'm Predator battling against Cabbage Patch Kids. Feels icky. You guys have a good one.
24 déc. 2023 à 13 h 0
How much time? Twenty years? Then you guys can win one more playoff round!

Let’s hope faster than that - but when you make the playoffs every year (going to be 8 in a row for Matthews & Marner, etc) , you must admit your chances are improved. But with Parayko anchoring hour blue line for 7 more years, I’m sure things will turn around 👍 😅
24 déc. 2023 à 13 h 2
mokumboi
Let’s hope faster than that - but when you make the playoffs every year (going to be 8 in a row for Matthews & Marner, etc) , you must admit your chances are improved. But with Parayko anchoring hour blue line for 7 more years, I’m sure things will turn around 👍 😅

tears of joy

See what I mean? Just tooooooo easssssssy.

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs
24 déc. 2023 à 13 h 2
I'll reply when you finally understand what "on-ice" means. Short of that, you're just proving my point to Mitch.

“There are many aspects of the game that players have no control over. The goal of RAPM is to control for these aspects and provide a better measure of a player’s offensive or defensive ability.

This allows us to control for all teammates, opponents, score state, zone starts, etc. at the same time further increasing the accuracy of a specific player’s rating.“

You kept taking personal swings at me when you had literally no idea how any of it works.

A man admits when he’s wrong.
24 déc. 2023 à 13 h 4
Okay, this is all terribly boring. Like I'm Predator battling against Cabbage Patch Kids. Feels icky. You guys have a good one.

You would be a predator
24 déc. 2023 à 13 h 10
Quoting: badoob
You would be a predator

Love rival fans (mostly small market teams like this champ) that overvalue their own players, actual results aside. Sometimes it’s leadership, sometimes it’s “he’s a good locker room guy”, sometimes it’s “they’re really good but it’s their linemates”. I’m no Howie Meeker but pretty simple to me - bad to average players on bad to average teams don’t hold a lot of value but when they have massive contracts, best to avoid

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage