Forums/Armchair-GM

Will Snuggerud and Dvo Leapfrog Bolduc and Dean

Créé par: A_K
Équipe: 2024-25 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 30 nov. 2023
Publié: 4 déc. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just a peek ahead at potential 2024 opening night. I'm starting to wonder if Dvorsky and Snuggerud make the team and Bolduc and Dean are forced to spend another year in the jungle, maybe with expanded roles.

Big questions: Would Armstrong break his no-buyout streak and try to fix the defense? Will the Blues get anywhere close to the cap ceiling?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
3950 000 $
3950 000 $
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
21 500 000 $
2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 500 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
12 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 500 000 $75 473 928 $0 $800 000 $12 026 072 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 7
835 833 $835 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 4
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance800 000 $$800K)
C
RFA - 2
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
AD
UFA - 7
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 2
3 571 429 $3 571 429 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
AD, C
RFA
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C
RFA
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG
UFA
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
RFA
900 000 $900 000 $
DD
UFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 6
Caps fan
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 124
I doubt Dvorsky makes it before them. He seems like more of a project. I'd give him a year in the AHL with a few call-ups unless he does well in his 9 games.
Could for sure see Snuggerud make the jump next year and I expect to see him by the end of the year.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,333
Quoting: BackstromIsTheGoat
I doubt Dvorsky makes it before them. He seems like more of a project. I'd give him a year in the AHL with a few call-ups unless he does well in his 9 games.
Could for sure see Snuggerud make the jump next year and I expect to see him by the end of the year.

My understanding is Dvorsky isn't on loan rn so as a CHL player per the agreement he will either be in Sudbury again or NHL. If I'm wrong and he can go to the AHL then I agree that should be the move.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 8
Josh Anderson Sucks
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,025
Buying out Krug would be a nightmare imo

Snuggerud is NHL ready but should spend time in AHL first, Dvorsky isnt NHL ready imo and needs a full year in NHL. Bolduc isnt NHL ready but id give him the first call up next season no matter what, just to get him experience and see if he could keep pace, Dean is slowly busting. Yeah he is only turning 21 next month but he looks terrible. Obviously not giving up on him but he needs to fix his game. Even his film is just bad, he looks lost
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 9
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,421
There is no reason to buyout Leddy.

- Dvorsky/Snuggerud leapfrogging- Possible sure. They also have been much higher regarded prospects. Could see Snuggerud sticking in the NHL at the beginning of next season if he signs after this NCAA season. Dvorsky i'd venture to guess will be a year after next situation. I think the hope was have him play in the SHL this season and come over and help the Blues next year. With the setback i'm not sure they'll jump him from OHL to NHL.

Have to remember in terms of Dean/Bolduc they also just turned Pro. There's alot of figuring out how to go about it for them right now. Look at Neighbors last year vs Neighbors this year. There's alot of growing to do moving up from the CHL.

Also if we have this much cap space it would be very dumb to buyout Krug and/or Leddy.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 12
Caps fan
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 124
Quoting: A_K
My understanding is Dvorsky isn't on loan rn so as a CHL player per the agreement he will either be in Sudbury again or NHL. If I'm wrong and he can go to the AHL then I agree that should be the move.

Oh I didn't even know he was in NA rn. Even if he performs well in his 9 games next szn I'd prolly send him back to the O unless the Blues can give him top6 minutes in the NHL
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 12
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,381
What do you mean leapfrog? DD and Snuggs are already more highly rated than Dean and Bolduc. Do you mean on the timeline? Because Dvorsky probably won't be ready by next October. Snuggs is more likely.

All that said, I think you need to not sleep on Bolduc, who seems to be figuring it out already in the A. He's got 2g 3a with a +3 in the last five games.
STLBlues17 et TheEarthmaster a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 13
Sam
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,188
They already have. Although… I’m wondering if Bolduc gets some games this year. They haven’t called up anyone all season despite obvious need and I wonder if they’re just waiting for a prospect to start taking off and earn the spot.
TheEarthmaster a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 14
mokumboi
Oh I didn't even know he was in NA rn.

14g 14a in 17 games for Sudbury so far.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 111
Its better just wait another year, Leddy, krug, faulk will lose their full NTC. Letting play nhl games without ahl expirience will be harmful for develompent.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 15
mokumboi
Quoting: STLBlues17
They already have. Although… I’m wondering if Bolduc gets some games this year. They haven’t called up anyone all season despite obvious need and I wonder if they’re just waiting for a prospect to start taking off and earn the spot.

More likely they're waiting to trade a body (or for an injury opening) so they have space to call someone up without sending someone else through waivers.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: AC14
There is no reason to buyout Leddy.

- Dvorsky/Snuggerud leapfrogging- Possible sure. They also have been much higher regarded prospects. Could see Snuggerud sticking in the NHL at the beginning of next season if he signs after this NCAA season. Dvorsky i'd venture to guess will be a year after next situation. I think the hope was have him play in the SHL this season and come over and help the Blues next year. With the setback i'm not sure they'll jump him from OHL to NHL.

Have to remember in terms of Dean/Bolduc they also just turned Pro. There's alot of figuring out how to go about it for them right now. Look at Neighbors last year vs Neighbors this year. There's alot of growing to do moving up from the CHL.

Also if we have this much cap space it would be very dumb to buyout Krug and/or Leddy.

I would genuinely pay double their buy outs to have them play for another team. When you consider how lousy they are and how much strain they put on their partners, they ruin what would be a pretty good team. I don't think Army will buy out either but as we saw last offseason w/ the NTCs he really has no other way to transform the D.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 18
Sam
Quoting: mokumboi
More likely they're waiting to trade a body (or for an injury opening) so they have space to call someone up without sending someone else through waivers.

True but I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet. Berube clearly has no trust in Blais and Alexandrov and Vrana is pretty awful. I thought we’d have seen Gaudette or Walker or Mac by now.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
What do you mean leapfrog? DD and Snuggs are already more highly rated than Dean and Bolduc. Do you mean on the timeline? Because Dvorsky probably won't be ready by next October. Snuggs is more likely.

All that said, I think you need to not sleep on Bolduc, who seems to be figuring it out already in the A. He's got 2g 3a with a +3 in the last five games.

Yeah fellas... sorry I meant that they could make the NHL roster before Dean and Duc. And fwiw I don't consider another year in the AHL as a "failure" or "bust". The T-birds are using Walker-Peca-Gaudette for all the heavy lifting right now. Maybe next year could allow for more opportunity for the younger guys in AHL.

Edit: and I should explain, with Dvorsky the question as I understand it is OHL vs NHL next year. I think he'll make enough strides between now and then to make the team but we'll see. Always a headache with the 19 yr olds and the CHL agreement. Does he really need to go be a 2ppg in Sudbury next year? He already looks like he's gonna graduate from that league IMO.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 20
Sam
Yeah fellas... sorry I meant that they could make the NHL roster before Dean and Duc. And fwiw I don't consider another year in the AHL as a "failure" or "bust". The T-birds are using Walker-Peca-Gaudette for all the heavy lifting right now. Maybe next year could allow for more opportunity for the younger guys in AHL.

I’m definitely disappointed in Dean. I really convinced myself he was gonna be on the team and effective this year. Not the end for him, but it’s not usually a good sign when a prospect can’t score at all in his first AHL year.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 20
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 421

I think I agree with you on both fronts. Snuggerud is probably ready for a limited role in the NHL and Dvorsky might be ready however there is a little bit of uncertainty after his stint in the SHL. Dvorsky will be a great player, but seeing him in the AHL might be beneficial to know his readiness.

All four players could be ready, maybe two make the jump. My guess is that Bolduc and Snuggerud get a spot on the roster or they split a spot on the roster.

My question is when does Buchinger become ready and are we ever able to make a D change?
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 22
mokumboi
True but I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet. Berube clearly has no trust in Blais and Alexandrov and Vrana is pretty awful. I thought we’d have seen Gaudette or Walker or Mac by now.

Frankly, Berube's line-up management (who dresses/line combos/D pairings, etc) has been a big problem this season, but nobody talks about it. I doubt it gets any better any time soon.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 27
Sam
Frankly, Berube's line-up management (who dresses/line combos/D pairings, etc) has been a big problem this season, but nobody talks about it. I doubt it gets any better any time soon.

Meh, there’s not a lot for him to work with. Only 13 forwards and 3 of them barely play.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 32
I would genuinely pay double their buy outs to have them play for another team. When you consider how lousy they are and how much strain they put on their partners, they ruin what would be a pretty good team. I don't think Army will buy out either but as we saw last offseason w/ the NTCs he really has no other way to transform the D.

Would this be a pretty good team though?

We have 4 guys playing at over a .5ppg mark. Thomas has been extremely good this season, he's played matchups and has produced offensively. Buch is Buch. Kyrou is barely over .5ppg, Schenn is also barely at it.

As much as we have issues on the backend and probably some of our scoring issues comes from poor breakout passes it's hard not to overlook our glaring hole of secondary scoring. Now alot of the lower point totals can be accounted for due to our anemic PP. But as of right now we really only have 4 top 6 players and Schenn is pretty borderline there at the moment (more or less shouldn't be a key cog of a line).

Proposing buyouts would help with clearing cap space for the next couple of years but it also handcuffs you down the line.

I don't think Krug drags down Faulk. Tbh I don't think Faulk is that good defensively. He has some ability to play in his own zone, but too often he gets caught over anticipating or not seeing a play. Krug certainly doesn't help/ but i wouldn't say he's the sole root of that d pair giving up alot of chances with heavily sheltered minutes.

I will agree with you that Leddy drags down Parayko. It seems like 75% of the goals against that pair are as a result of Colt trying to cover for Leddy. It's extremely tough deployment regardless, I think if you slotted him in with Faulk you'll see much better results and wont have to shelter that pair as much easing the burden on a Parayko pair.

TLDR: We aren't a pretty good team. We have good goaltending that was red hot at the beginning of the season. We have some pieces. But we have alot of holes that aren't ready to be adressed in the next year or two do to lack of cap, and lack of players nipping at the heels to get into the spots. There's no reason to spread out the pain versus just staying the course until we can fix the problem currectly.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 49
Sam

We have 4 guys playing at over a .5ppg mark. Thomas has been extremely good this season, he's played matchups and has produced offensively. Buch is Buch. Kyrou is barely over .5ppg, Schenn is also barely at it.

As much as we have issues on the backend and probably some of our scoring issues comes from poor breakout passes it's hard not to overlook our glaring hole of secondary scoring. Now alot of the lower point totals can be accounted for due to our anemic PP. But as of right now we really only have 4 top 6 players and Schenn is pretty borderline there at the moment (more or less shouldn't be a key cog of a line).

Proposing buyouts would help with clearing cap space for the next couple of years but it also handcuffs you down the line.

I don't think Krug drags down Faulk. Tbh I don't think Faulk is that good defensively. He has some ability to play in his own zone, but too often he gets caught over anticipating or not seeing a play. Krug certainly doesn't help/ but i wouldn't say he's the sole root of that d pair giving up alot of chances with heavily sheltered minutes.

I will agree with you that Leddy drags down Parayko. It seems like 75% of the goals against that pair are as a result of Colt trying to cover for Leddy. It's extremely tough deployment regardless, I think if you slotted him in with Faulk you'll see much better results and wont have to shelter that pair as much easing the burden on a Parayko pair.

TLDR: We aren't a pretty good team. We have good goaltending that was red hot at the beginning of the season. We have some pieces. But we have alot of holes that aren't ready to be adressed in the next year or two do to lack of cap, and lack of players nipping at the heels to get into the spots. There's no reason to spread out the pain versus just staying the course until we can fix the problem currectly.

I would trade every defenseman on the blues for nothing if I had the chance. Only partially kidding because if they can find a deal for any they should take it. Besides Perunovich, not one is helping them win in the present and they won’t in the future.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues

All I'm saying is it would be a lot better team with an actually good partner for Parayko and a balanced 2nd pairing that you could throw out in more situations. I agree that we're not good enough currently but I really don't want to see the same D again next year... and the next year, and.. (I didn't want to see them this year!). Obviously the more years we can get through before making changes on D the better, but I also don't think we have any internal pieces that are coming in to fix things on D when the current guys finally leave. Buchinger prob gets the Walman treatment where they neuter him into a robot and then trade him. Lindstein will take 3+ years just to be Carl Gunnarsson 2.0.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 53
I would trade every defenseman on the blues for nothing if I had the chance. Only partially kidding because if they can find a deal for any they should take it. Besides Perunovich, not one is helping them win in the present and they won’t in the future.

I think you're severely downplaying what Parayko brings to a team. But in general yeah, the rest of the group has some strengths but also some glaring weaknesses.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 55
All I'm saying is it would be a lot better team with an actually good partner for Parayko and a balanced 2nd pairing that you could throw out in more situations. I agree that we're not good enough currently but I really don't want to see the same D again next year... and the next year, and.. (I didn't want to see them this year!). Obviously the more years we can get through before making changes on D the better, but I also don't think we have any internal pieces that are coming in to fix things on D when the current guys finally leave. Buchinger prob gets the Walman treatment where they neuter him into a robot and then trade him. Lindstein will take 3+ years just to be Carl Gunnarsson 2.0.

I don't think anybody wants to see it but it's the reality of the situation unfortunately. I really thought Doug would strong arm Krug into taking the trade to Philadelphia. I'm not sure of the reasoning for him being so stringent on NMCs yet he allows NTCs to be NMCs.
A_K a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2023 à 12 h 57
Sam
I think you're severely downplaying what Parayko brings to a team. But in general yeah, the rest of the group has some strengths but also some glaring weaknesses.

The problem with Parayko (who has always been my favorite of the bunch) is that he’s signed for oblivion and will almost certainly not be helping the team when they’re ready to compete and make the playoffs. Plus, trading him might make the bottom fall out of this team which could put us in position to draft top talent. And he theoretically could get a nice return.
4 déc. 2023 à 13 h 1
Sam

I’d take Carl gunnarsson out of Lindstein!
4 déc. 2023 à 13 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
I’d take Carl gunnarsson out of Lindstein!

BOOM BOOM GUNNARSSON! I've seen some people talk about Lindstein like he can be a Jonas Brodin and I'd love that! I just don't see much from him... hopefully he's just a late bloomer.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage