SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(VAN/CHI) - Beauvillier for 2024 5th (CGY/CHI)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 nov. 2023 à 12 h 52
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 729
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
I just checked and Chicago might not be able to put Hall on LTIR. If everyone on Chicago's IR went on LTIR, they would slip below the salary cap MINIMUM. They only have ~$53.5 million in on-ice cap hit and just under $8 million in dead cap space, putting them about $100,000 below the salary cap floor.

On a side note, they will be able to turn that salary cap room into at least one 1st round pick

You have to spend to the cap to use LTIR
29 nov. 2023 à 13 h 41
Hawks Fan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,673
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
The more I look at this, the worse it gets for Chicago

Chicago
- Gets a forward who's been a bad 3rd liner the past few years.
- Makes 4 Million
- Better players in free agency
- Gave up an asset

Vancouver
- Got 4m in cap space
- got a late pick for someone who should have negative value
- can afford to get a defender
- Better forwards in FA if they want to upgrade

Clear as day a win for Vancouver.

Honest question, in your opinion who is a better FA pick up?

I think one angle the Hawks needed to look at which I’ve only seen 1 comment on is the cap floor. From a Hawks only perspective they just lost $4M in cap space and just replaced it same day. I think on and off ice production and intangibles is a net loss however but they’re stuck in a situation and had to dig out of it.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2023 à 14 h 27
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
major diminishing returns on beauvillier.

maybe if he does fine in chicago they can flip him again to get assets back.
29 nov. 2023 à 15 h 25
VanFan12
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 98
Quoting: jpsnow13
Amen for no more AGMs of Beau to MTL for a 3rd+, Monahan or Dvorak.

That capspace should make Vancouver fans extatic enough! Next TDL just got a lot more exciting ... But please stop overating your small wingers (next to) no one wants.

Im not impressed by Chicago's plan this season to provide Bedard some simili decent wingers. Just dumpster diving at this point.

Wild for a Montreal fan to claim another team overvalues their small wingers...
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2023 à 15 h 48
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Quoting: zackhendo

But Lehkonen was, in fact, effectively worth a 1st wink

Now go back to make ridiculous Garland trades....
KSIxSKULLS et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2023 à 16 h 41
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: Jco5ta5
Honest question, in your opinion who is a better FA pick up?

I think one angle the Hawks needed to look at which I’ve only seen 1 comment on is the cap floor. From a Hawks only perspective they just lost $4M in cap space and just replaced it same day. I think on and off ice production and intangibles is a net loss however but they’re stuck in a situation and had to dig out of it.

Josh Bailey
Phil Kessel

Considering he makes 4 Million, I'd probably rather overplay any other player and try to get something come trade deadline.
29 nov. 2023 à 17 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Beau had 18 goals last year- not terrible, but with Mikheyev back and DGP playing with Miller on the 2nd line... he was stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines (and no PP time). Hard to produce with so little ice time, and equally challenged linemates. Beau could easily rebound to 20 goals again, just needs icetime and a decent center/set up guy. paying 4mil for a 3rd liner was a luxury the nucks couldnt afford.
The 5th rnd pick is disappointing, and the capspace it created isnt as useful as it wouldve been at the start of the season. Only UFA out there worth chasing is Bear- and he shouldnt comman anything near that, but this will give them options at the TDL...just hopefully not another rental
29 nov. 2023 à 21 h 11
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Not a big fan of Beauvilliers game, to be honest, but Hawks are desperately thin with injuries (and a buyout). I think they would have been better to grab some older guys who are going to leave it all on the ice to be a bandaid, but they have the space and cash to still do this. Bottom line is it's a fifth. It's fine. He can probably fill the hole in the lineup. Vancouver clearly "wins" this because they ditch the bad contract on a player they do not need, but Chicago doesn't really lose.
30 nov. 2023 à 9 h 10
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
https://theathletic.com/5015509/2023/11/30/nhl-player-cards-pacific-division/

The Athletic just released their cards and Beauvillier's value is $2.5 million BELOW his salary, so the Canucks got a 5th round pick while saving $2.5 million in cap hit. I'd call that a win.
30 nov. 2023 à 11 h 17
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
You call him a cap dump, but there's a real chance he gets a raise this summer.

Your point being, what, exactly? You just called him a negative asset ABOVEhappy. We are talking about a year term and overpaid player that fits nowhere but a team trying to stay off the cap floor and trying not be a gongshow.
30 nov. 2023 à 11 h 22
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372

Most every person here was wrong about the Chiarot, Lehkonen, Edmundson, Petry and Kulak values. Cant say the same for Canucks fans and JT Miller, Beauvilier, Horvat. Hughes hasnt really lost a trade outside Newhook I'd say. I cant say the same for Alvin, Benning and co.

I'm anxiously waiting the Garland trades... Another small winger, no one wants with term.
30 nov. 2023 à 11 h 36
Hawks Fan
Mentions "j'aime": 1,673
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Josh Bailey
Phil Kessel

Considering he makes 4 Million, I'd probably rather overplay any other player and try to get something come trade deadline.

Well the Hawks had Josh Bailey lol. They’re technically still paying him. Which brings me to my next point, can you resign a player you bought out?
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
30 nov. 2023 à 12 h 23
Quoting: Andy_Dick
Your point being, what, exactly?

That he will thrive when given top-six minutes and do well enough that some team will give him more money next year.

He was a cap dump from the Islanders to the Canucks and from the Canucks to the Hawks, but the Canucks got assets for him in both trades. That's a great record for the Canucks.
30 nov. 2023 à 14 h 32
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Win for both teams. VAN gets cap space and CHI gets a guy that they can try and give more TOI to, build his value and then trade him 50% retained for a better return at the the TDL.
30 nov. 2023 à 16 h 48
VanFan12
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 98
Most every person here was wrong about the Chiarot, Lehkonen, Edmundson, Petry and Kulak values. Cant say the same for Canucks fans and JT Miller, Beauvilier, Horvat. Hughes hasnt really lost a trade outside Newhook I'd say. I cant say the same for Alvin, Benning and co.

I'm anxiously waiting the Garland trades... Another small winger, no one wants with term.

Which trade has Alvin lost?

Not sure what you're on about Miller, Horvat or Beau returns? Were people expecting a first for Beauvillier? Miller hasn't been traded, but just FYI he would be the best player on the Habs and it's not really close...

People also said Canucks would have to retain and pay to dump Boeser's contract last year, currently leading the league in goals. I'm not a big Garland fan but can't see the canucks trading him without Beauvillier.
mv21227 et CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
30 nov. 2023 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,350

Habs fans consistently said both Petry and Edmundson would return a 1st round pick+

Habs fans think Josh Anderson is worth a 1st+ when he’s one of the biggest cap dumps in the league

Miller was never traded so not sure why you brought him up, but it’s known that the Rangers offered Chytil, Lundkvist, and a 1st for him

The Horvat trade was considered a win for the Canucks, nobody thought he’d return more

Nobody thought Beauvillier had much value. Some people thought maybe a slightly higher pick than a 5th

Allvin has also done very well in trades. The only one he really lost was dumping Dickinson
30 nov. 2023 à 21 h 24
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,141
Beauvillier is underrated let’s be honest
1 déc. 2023 à 8 h 5
Mentions "j'aime": 548
I just checked and Chicago might not be able to put Hall on LTIR. If everyone on Chicago's IR went on LTIR, they would slip below the salary cap MINIMUM. They only have ~$53.5 million in on-ice cap hit and just under $8 million in dead cap space, putting them about $100,000 below the salary cap floor.

On a side note, they will be able to turn that salary cap room into at least one 1st round pick

There's no reason for Chicago to put Hall on LTIR unless they want to go over the cap. Even if they did, it wouldn't prevent them from reaching the floor because LTIR still counts against the cap unless the team goes over the cap, which is why teams struggling to reach the floor sometimes trade for players who've had career ending injuries.
1 déc. 2023 à 8 h 22
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: Jco5ta5
Well the Hawks had Josh Bailey lol. They’re technically still paying him. Which brings me to my next point, can you resign a player you bought out?

I'm not sure but I think you have to wait a year. I don't remember who the player was, but I think Washington once traded somebody to another team, who immediately bought him out, and then Washington re-signed him for a lesser amount. They did it that way because Washington couldn't re-sign him if they had bought him out. They had to get somebody else to buy him out. If Chicago wants Bailey, maybe somebody else could sign him and then trade him to Chicago, but I don't know if that's allowed either.
Jco5ta5 a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2023 à 12 h 46
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Chicago wins imo
3 déc. 2023 à 15 h 13
Which trade has Alvin lost?

He's been involved in 18 trades so far (Holy crap!) and I don't think he's truly lost any of them.

There have been a couple of trades that were weak. Riley Stillman didn't work and we gave up too much, even with the increased cap space. That said, Riley Stillman was later traded for Josh Bloom, so that might still work out. He gave up a 3rd for Travis Dermott, who was almost immediately injured, but that's just bad luck, not a bad trade.

Getting Stillman was a mistake and I would argue 10 of the 18 trades were fair, either because neither team benefited enough to matter or both teams benefited equally. The Canucks won the other 7, sometimes by large margins like the Horvat and Hronek trades.
SadSensFan14 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2023 à 15 h 36
Quoting: SadSensFan14
Chicago wins imo

He looked good in his ONE GAME so fair, but he can't play in the States due to a visa issue. ... HOW!? He didn't have that problem with the Canucks, so I don't see what the issue is.
14 déc. 2023 à 1 h 25
He looked good in his ONE GAME so fair, but he can't play in the States due to a visa issue. ... HOW!? He didn't have that problem with the Canucks, so I don't see what the issue is.

Ten days later and Anthony Beauvillier has just 1 goal in six games and his on-ice goal differential is 1.4 below expected in those games. What happened? He was playing better with mostly 4th line minutes in Vancouver.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage