Forums/Armchair-GM

Jets get better and get pick

Créé par: Howie
Équipe: 2023-24 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 27 nov. 2023
Publié: 27 nov. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Both are cap dumps but Anderson is definitely lower value. Maybe the jets add a 3rd to make it even. Allows mtl to use the cap they save in years 3 and 4 on major FA and extensions and jets get a pick and a playoff type player. Lmk what you guys think
Transactions
WPG
  1. Anderson, Josh
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
Jets get Anderson who is a cap dump but worse than schmidt with 4 years left
MTL
  1. Schmidt, Nate
Détails additionnels:
Mtl dumps Anderson as he is making 8m in salary and help make a path for younger talent in the nhl assumes both waive for better opportunities
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de CGY
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2583 500 000 $82 146 191 $0 $1 275 000 $1 353 809 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 437 500 $3 437 500 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 166 667 $2 166 667 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,451
Quoting: LumberJacques
Ylonen is being rotated with Armia and Pezzetta, whether Anderson is there or not won't likely affect his ice much. If he hadn't been scratched all season I might be tempted to agree with you but if he's being rotated with 4th liners and not playing above Pearson then Anderson isn't what's blocking his way.

The issue that I can't seem to get through here is that you're trying to fix a problem MTL don't have "NOW" and aren't even sure they'll have in the future. It's a bit like if someone was trying to sell you a tent because you might go camping in 2 years. You tell them that's great but you don't even know if you'll actually go camping though, so you'd rather wait until then to buy one. The salesman replies that prices might be higher at that point so you should buy his tent now just in case. You then reply that you'd rather wait to see if you actually need one before buying it, as it makes more sense to pay a higher price when you know you need a tent than to pay for a tent now and not be sure you'll actually need it.

We don't know what will happen this season, let alone next season or the one after that. What we do know is that the more term comes off a contract, the easier it becomes to move. Therefore if MTL don't need to move this contract now or next season then why rush to do so when the price to move said contract is not likely to be much higher when they eventually MIGHT, POTENTIALLY, find themselves needing to move it? It makes more sense to wait and see how things develop and act if needed, than act now at expensive cost for something that may never come to pass. Several years ago people made the same type of ACGM about Weber and Price's contracts that would have seen MTL pay dearly in assets to move potentially "problematic contracts" which never ended up being much of an issue for the team.

So to sum up, if there does come a time where MTL do need to rid themselves of Anderson's contract then whatever the price ends up being they will pay it. In the mean time they have no need to move his contract and so they won't.

I'd rather see mtl pay the price as he'll be an issue more ein the future so sure the term goes down but he gets worse just virtue of playstyle. So I'll agree there the cost now would be similar to in the future but not cheaper. The cap space and allowing to young players was another big positive as what if Ylonen plays amazing with the ice time. No one would know without this move. He's already 24 years old and really hasn't got the opportunity. I don't think Ylonen should be sacrificed in development so mtl can save a pick that could be a vesalainen.
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: habitantlecolon
I wouldn't use cap dump but nil value .... see the proper way to use wording to identify a deal ... No one will line up for Vlasic nor Gallagher. I can do that without insulting players or downgrading value using the right words. Using Milk to compare if he's fresh or not is also a bad way to put your opinion cuz so far your opinion is outdated milk to all of us and I wouldn't want to upset you with that!

So you would trade FA for vlasic? No because based on the cap you would want to get assets to take th3 contract. It's not insulting a player to call them a cap dump. They are an nhl play that is top of the world in hockey. They are the best of the best in hockey and to get to that level takes years of practice and dedication. Calling someone a cap dump as stated before is value in which a team would want to be compensated for taking on a contract.
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 14
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,416
Quoting: Howie
So you would trade FA for vlasic? No because based on the cap you would want to get assets to take th3 contract. It's not insulting a player to call them a cap dump. They are an nhl play that is top of the world in hockey. They are the best of the best in hockey and to get to that level takes years of practice and dedication. Calling someone a cap dump as stated before is value in which a team would want to be compensated for taking on a contract.

do we call future consideration : a cap dump situation, nope. Even the league does not use this term of your!
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 14
Démarrer sujet
I won't explain to you what you are trying to explain to me ... lol geez those Canadians sometimes ...

Don't need to explain when the stats explain everything right there. In no way is Anderson nil value but any team trading for him would want assets to take him on not the other way around.
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 16
Démarrer sujet
do we call future consideration : a cap dump situation, nope. Even the league does not use this term of your!

So you would give FC for vlasic rn nothing else involved?
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 17
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,416
Don't need to explain when the stats explain everything right there. In no way is Anderson nil value but any team trading for him would want assets to take him on not the other way around.

stats and numbers do not always show what life is kid, someday when AI will be your life you will understand ... from now on I let you drink that milk while this world still has few colors.
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 25
ht42
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 707
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
I’m counting with Monty extended at 4m, Xhekaj at 1m and Barron at 2

Don't forget Allen can be gone, maybe also Dvorack or Monahan.

Monty : 3,5M
Barron : 1,5M
Xhekaj : 1,4M
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 28
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 669
I'd rather see mtl pay the price as he'll be an issue more ein the future so sure the term goes down but he gets worse just virtue of playstyle. So I'll agree there the cost now would be similar to in the future but not cheaper. The cap space and allowing to young players was another big positive as what if Ylonen plays amazing with the ice time. No one would know without this move. He's already 24 years old and really hasn't got the opportunity. I don't think Ylonen should be sacrificed in development so mtl can save a pick that could be a vesalainen.

I covered Ylonen in my first paragraph. Anderson isn't what's blocking his way, Pezzetta, Armia and RHP are. If he can't be in the lineup regularly over the 3 aforementioned players as well as Pearson then he isn't going to get Anderson's ice even if MTL moved him. This isn't a good argument for paying to dump Anderson as Ylonen is unlikely to be the beneficiary of Anderson's departure, it's more likely Armia would be.

You wrote "So I'll agree there the cost now would be similar to in the future..." so if the price is likely to be similar then why not wait until you actually need the space to buy it? Lots of things could happen in the mean time like a career ending injury perhaps, or a return to form. Either way there isn't much benefit for MTL to do it now if "...the cost now would be similar to in the future...".
Campabee et habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 41
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,466
Sorry Howie, this makes no sense for a rebuilding team that doesn't need cap space and may even need contracts to hit the cap floor over the next 2 seasons. I know you think cause of my protest to your thread earlier that I don't see Anderson as a cap dump but that was never my issue with it, it was simply the fact that you created the earlier thread just to troll and dump on the Habs. It probably would cost a 1st maybe even two right now for Montreal to move Anderson but with no incentive to do so the Habs simply wouldn't do it. Maybe if we had a fully healthy lineup and were 2nd or even 3rd in the division and we wanted to make additions at the TDL, paying to dump Anderson would at least make a bit of sense.
F50marco a aimé ceci.
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Campabee
Sorry Howie, this makes no sense for a rebuilding team that doesn't need cap space and may even need contracts to hit the cap floor over the next 2 seasons. I know you think cause of my protest to your thread earlier that I don't see Anderson as a cap dump but that was never my issue with it, it was simply the fact that you created the earlier thread just to troll and dump on the Habs. It probably would cost a 1st maybe even two right now for Montreal to move Anderson but with no incentive to do so the Habs simply wouldn't do it. Maybe if we had a fully healthy lineup and were 2nd or even 3rd in the division and we wanted to make additions at the TDL, paying to dump Anderson would at least make a bit of sense.

Anderson now or in the future is a dump and taking away cap and ice time from younger players. Also a pick like pick 24 I'm 2025 which won't make an impact until likely 2029 and not s guarantee to make the nhl is more than fair. Idc that you reported me doesn't change the fact that Anderson has negative value not saying the jets don't have one in schmidt but Anderson is definitely worse with the term and playstyle he plays.
27 nov. 2023 à 23 h 55
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503
Only Josh Anderson could make a 6 pages ACGM. It’s his world and we’re just living in it 😎.
LumberJacques a aimé ceci.
28 nov. 2023 à 0 h 0
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,466
Anderson now or in the future is a dump and taking away cap and ice time from younger players. Also a pick like pick 24 I'm 2025 which won't make an impact until likely 2029 and not s guarantee to make the nhl is more than fair. Idc that you reported me doesn't change the fact that Anderson has negative value not saying the jets don't have one in schmidt but Anderson is definitely worse with the term and playstyle he plays.

I agree with you, if for some reason we were inclined to move Anderson right now, he would definitely be a cap dump, I never disputed that. Actually, looking at the trade above (again if Montreal had a reason to move Anderson) I would think you could even add a good prospect from the Habs, perhaps someone like Kidney, Struble or maybe even Mesar. Hell you may even be able to squeeze out a guy like Barron who would be pushed down the lineup cause of bringing in Schmidt.
28 nov. 2023 à 7 h 8
Prime Primeau
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2,181
To get a bottom six player and get an asset with him is the point. Not pay for the bottom six player and get compensation so we can have more assets for a major trade for a rhd. He is a playoff style player and getting a first with him is great. Him with lowry and iafallo/nino would really help him find his game again

How hard is it to understand that is a bad idea for Montreal. It help the Jets only. When about 7 guys are saying it’s a bad trade, you need to understand something

Let’s turnthe deal around. Wouuld you do Schmidt and a first for Pearson?
28 nov. 2023 à 9 h 23
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,129
It would be Florida's pick not Calgary's. Please refer to the trade conditions so you can familiarize yourself with what the pick is.

It doesn’t matter. MTL needs an infusion of young talent not cap space. You are wrong here my guy. MTL isn’t close to being a free agent away, they have plenty of cap space to do what they need to do.
Just_A_Guess a aimé ceci.
28 nov. 2023 à 13 h 4
Démarrer sujet
How hard is it to understand that is a bad idea for Montreal. It help the Jets only. When about 7 guys are saying it’s a bad trade, you need to understand something

Let’s turnthe deal around. Wouuld you do Schmidt and a first for Pearson?

It's a good trade that 7 people dont like. Just because people on an agm that over value their assets says something doesn't change my opinion on the trade dude
28 nov. 2023 à 17 h 13
Prime Primeau
It's a good trade that 7 people dont like. Just because people on an agm that over value their assets says something doesn't change my opinion on the trade dude

It’s a bad trade and everybody except you agree on that. You haven’t provide a reason why it’s good for the habs

Would you do Schmidt and a first for Pearson?
28 nov. 2023 à 19 h 29
Démarrer sujet
It’s a bad trade and everybody except you agree on that. You haven’t provide a reason why it’s good for the habs

Would you do Schmidt and a first for Pearson?

No I wouldn't and I have provided many reasons within the discussion of this agm not doing it again
28 nov. 2023 à 20 h 5
Prime Primeau
No I wouldn't and I have provided many reasons within the discussion of this agm not doing it again

So when we recerse the trade, you wouldn’t do it. That shows a lot. And the only reason you said is that it gives us 5m more in cap when we have 14m next year and 26m the year after with only 2 important players to sign.

You also said it would give ice time to young player, wich is completely false. If they want to give them more ice time, they can easily do it without paying a first to move a player. Plus, in your logic, Schmidt would play instead of Harris, Xhekaj and Hutson, who are much better prospects than Ylonen and Roy.

You keep saying one thing and the opposite in the same phrase. That invalidate both opinions.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage