Forums/Armchair-GM

You Can Shove Your Rebuild Suggestions Where The Sun Doesnt Shine

Créé par: KingofRnR
Équipe: 2023-24 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 18 nov. 2023
Publié: 18 nov. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Still much to cleanup yet and I see/recommend Lindholm, Hanifin & Tanev going out the door, but this is a Good Team. Definitely want more out of Sharangovich, Dube & Ruzicka still and Zadorov, you’re making me look bad and sticking me out to dry standing up for you…

Can I just make a suggestion Huska, maybe leave Huberdeau & Andersson toward the end of the Shootout!?

One doesn’t shoot very much and the other is a Defensemen who is Very Skilled, but we should have Forwards who are even Better Snipers

My Vote is for a 10:00 3-on-3 Overtime
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de FLA
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $74 425 833 $0 $212 500 $9 074 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 6
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 8
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 4
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
AG, AD, C
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 8
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 nov. 2023 à 21 h 55
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
Stevie Wonder can see the Flames aren’t going anywhere without a rebuild.
V123, KingofRnR, Fox_Czar_Cup and 2 others a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 21 h 56
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,851
Modifié 18 nov. 2023 à 22 h 1
Quoting: edeangel84

I mean, who can’t laugh at that post lol

Good One and Good Sense of Humour!!!
edeangel84, Ledge_And_Dairy, Fox_Czar_Cup and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 22 h 6
Vegas Repeat
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 761

11/10
Fox_Czar_Cup et TMLBRIAN a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 22 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,679

Very high quality **** post 😂

But on a serious note there is a lot to look forward too. Huberdeau looked electric tonight, the Kadri line is looking incredible. Lindholm is playing well again too. When they had momentum the rink was like a 90° angle.

Im not saying they will succeed but it's entertaining to watch again and the future looks promising. I'm still expecting a sell but Im not expecting a full rebuild
KingofRnR, edeangel84 et TMLBRIAN a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 22 h 17
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 392
Idk if I'm there yet. Very promising stretch of games and even if they did decide to rebuild I don't think it would be as long or as painful as I had thought in the summer. The foundations are there. Very fun game to watch tho.
KingofRnR a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 22 h 22
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Very high quality **** post 😂

But on a serious note there is a lot to look forward too. Huberdeau looked electric tonight, the Kadri line is looking incredible. Lindholm is playing well again too. When they had momentum the rink was like a 90° angle.

Im not saying they will succeed but it's entertaining to watch again and the future looks promising. I'm still expecting a sell but Im not expecting a full rebuild

Regardless what happens, if they keep playing like this, anybody we move will likely have raised their stocks and trade values significantly when the time comes to pull the trigger

Im hoping to get both good futures AND replacement players simply needing a change of scenery in trades involving Lindholm, Hanifin, Tanev and Zadorov

They’re no longer our Top Players anymore, other than maybe Tanev, but it’s definitely time to move on from and cash in on him. Comes down to Age for Lindholm & Tanev and whether they want to continue being a Flame for Hanifin & Zadorov
Ledge_And_Dairy et CorrosionRF a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 22 h 54
CGY
Rejoint: déc. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,066
Small sample size, but Zary looks like a core piece. Not sure anyone saw that coming,

Really like what Pospisil has done too. He's playing great. Not sure that he's a top six player long term, but he can be the ideal modern day bottom six player. Size, speed, edge.
KingofRnR a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 22 h 59
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Quoting: ItWasIn
Small sample size, but Zary looks like a core piece. Not sure anyone saw that coming,

Really like what Pospisil has done too. He's playing great. Not sure that he's a top six player long term, but he can be the ideal modern day bottom six player. Size, speed, edge.

I didn’t. I honestly didn’t think Zary was ready or had the mental, vision, awareness and foot speed for the NHL Game. Definitely pleasantly surprised and I agree 1000% on Pospisil, he can be used up and down the line-up, but can he stay in the Top-6!?

Somebody will have to knock him down off his perch first, because he’s sitting pretty up there right now
18 nov. 2023 à 23 h 1
Mentions "j'aime": 666
Send Zadorov, Dube and Mangiapane to the moon and let's see how things look with some fresh bodies.

Klapka and Coronato up! Moon men, I wish you the best on your journey.
KingofRnR et Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 23 h 6
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Quoting: oilfire
Send Zadorov, Dube and Mangiapane to the moon and let's see how things look with some fresh bodies.

Klapka and Coronato up! Moon men, I wish you the best on your journey.

We have the Cap Space to call up one of Coronato, Klapka or Ben Jones to sit Dube… Or we could simply insert Duehr back in to the lineup

Zadorov hasn’t been great since his Agent posted that Tweet, but I definitely don’t agree with dumping or benching Mangiapane
oilfire a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2023 à 23 h 19
Mentions "j'aime": 666
Quoting: KingofRnR
We have the Cap Space to call up one of Coronato, Klapka or Ben Jones to sit Dube… Or we could simply insert Duehr back in to the lineup

Zadorov hasn’t been great since his Agent posted that Tweet, but I definitely don’t agree with dumping or benching Mangiapane

Nah, he doesn't deserve to be benched, great player, does alot for us, but if he can't find his groove with Lindholm and if he doesn't work with Huby and Backlund when we inevitably try that, get him somewhere else.

It sucks, he's really good with Backlund, best way for him to push 30 again is probably next to him but keeping Huby rolling is a much bigger priority.

The shutdown line is gone, either Lindholm takes over as one or he needs to get rolling and become a scoring threat.

I'd prefer to just roll 4 scoring lines if we can. Maybe a 4th energy line.
18 nov. 2023 à 23 h 28
Tank it baby
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,288

Flames need to get Hanifin signed, sealed, delivered.

Conroy just called to say he loves you.

Flames should probably rebuild. That's what GM's are for.
19 nov. 2023 à 0 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,221
Flames have next to no chance of winning a cup this year; and odds are pretty slim they even make the playoffs. A good GM would move pending FAs (pretty much none of which will re-sign) for best possible returns - although it will be less than what most flames fans think. If it’s not a full tear down, then you can ask for young players in return that can play in nhl today, with upside.
But this team is going nowhere - I’m sure Conroy sees that
19 nov. 2023 à 0 h 39
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Modifié 19 nov. 2023 à 0 h 44
Quoting: MitchJr
Flames have next to no chance of winning a cup this year; and odds are pretty slim they even make the playoffs. A good GM would move pending FAs (pretty much none of which will re-sign) for best possible returns - although it will be less than what most flames fans think. If it’s not a full tear down, then you can ask for young players in return that can play in nhl today, with upside.
But this team is going nowhere - I’m sure Conroy sees that

You have absolutely no clue dude and nobody here is saying they’re cup contenders all of a sudden

Thanks Captain Obvious! 🧑‍✈️ Of course we’ll move any Unsigned Pending UFA’s and all for Top Returns too, including at least one for an over payment to the Leafs

Do us all a favour, go back to cheering your Leafs on to the end of the 1st Round, because you know absolutely nothing about the Calgary Flames, where they’re at now, where they’re going in the future or their needs

Seriously clean up your own back yard before sticking your nose in our business and making ridiculously stupid comments like you just did here right now. Like what good or benefit do you provide to this community!?
19 nov. 2023 à 1 h 27
I didn’t. I honestly didn’t think Zary was ready or had the mental, vision, awareness and foot speed for the NHL Game. Definitely pleasantly surprised and I agree 1000% on Pospisil, he can be used up and down the line-up, but can he stay in the Top-6!?

Somebody will have to knock him down off his perch first, because he’s sitting pretty up there right now

Zary is more legitimate skill. Pospisil reminds me of when Duehr first first came up. Pure energy and speed. If it's just a hot streak anf how long it lasts will be interesting
19 nov. 2023 à 8 h 37
You have absolutely no clue dude and nobody here is saying they’re cup contenders all of a sudden

Thanks Captain Obvious! 🧑‍✈️ Of course we’ll move any Unsigned Pending UFA’s and all for Top Returns too, including at least one for an over payment to the Leafs

Do us all a favour, go back to cheering your Leafs on to the end of the 1st Round, because you know absolutely nothing about the Calgary Flames, where they’re at now, where they’re going in the future or their needs

Seriously clean up your own back yard before sticking your nose in our business and making ridiculously stupid comments like you just did here right now. Like what good or benefit do you provide to this community!?

Clean up our own backyard? You mean the richest, most popular franchise in the league with 7 (soon to be 8) straight playoffs and superstar players💪.
You’re an endless loop - pumping up players on a terrible team. It’s not clear what’s obvious to you - you’re a carbon copy of what Canucks fans were saying last year, pretty pathetic actually. TDL is your playoffs, maybe you can host the party 😂
19 nov. 2023 à 12 h 25
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Quoting: MitchJr
Clean up our own backyard? You mean the richest, most popular franchise in the league with 7 (soon to be 8) straight playoffs and superstar players💪.
You’re an endless loop - pumping up players on a terrible team. It’s not clear what’s obvious to you - you’re a carbon copy of what Canucks fans were saying last year, pretty pathetic actually. TDL is your playoffs, maybe you can host the party 😂

I think you need to look up the word pathetic, because fans supporting their Team and Players and correctly pointing out the fact even Below Average Performing Teams have Good/Valuable Players is the absolute opposite of the meaning, whereas what you’re doing here fits the definition perfectly and to a T

It’s not good enough to just be high on your Leafs (who need help Defensively and with their Goaltending btw, so you might want to clean that up), you have to go crap on others and their Teams; Really!? I repeat, what good or benefit do you provide to this community!?

Enjoy your Leafs and be Thankful you have your SuperStars and Hopeful they can actually do something here, because they haven’t so far, are yet again playing below expectation and have not made it to a Stanley Cup Final in over 55 years and we’d all wouldn’t mind to see them eventually break that curse

As True & Good Canadians, if it’s not our Team that makes it, we hope another Canadian Team Wins and returns the Cup where it belongs = here in Canada 🇨🇦

You’re not very classy though, so we could easily do without ppl like you here, especially on a post that doesn’t even include or reference the Leafs
19 nov. 2023 à 12 h 44
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Zary is more legitimate skill. Pospisil reminds me of when Duehr first first came up. Pure energy and speed. If it's just a hot streak anf how long it lasts will be interesting

Pospisil has clearly shown and proven he has more all around skill than Duehr (or Coronato for that matter) right now

Duehr is Big & Fast and both he & Coronato have nice shots, but they are nowhere near the Defenders, Checkers, Puck Protectors & Retrievers, nor are they near as Effective NHL Players like Pospisil has proven he can be in his short stint with the Team so far. Coronato’s still Very Young and New to Professional Hockey so should quickly eclipse Pospisil as the better player, but almost every Flame on the Team should pay close attention to how Pospisil plays and adopt his clearly Superior Work Ethic out there on the ice

This said, his undoing will most likely be an injury. Between the way he throws and positions his body at times and frustrating other Teams, which will inevitable draw big hits, cheap shots and fights against him, it’ll be interesting if he can stay healthy. He’s extremely smart though and I can’t see him Fighting after incurring a concussion that almost ended his career. The way he held on to Hronek or whoever it was that wanted to drop the gloves with him, proved this

Like Zary, I’m actually pleasantly surprised by Pospisil, because watching him in Training Camp, I thought he’d be nothing, but a Liability taking Bad Penalties, but nope, he’s been playing with an edge and aggressively right on the line, yet hasn’t crossed it. And He shouldn’t have been called for that penalty against Quinn Hughes at all
19 nov. 2023 à 13 h 48
Pospisil has clearly shown and proven he has more all around skill than Duehr (or Coronato for that matter) right now

Duehr is Big & Fast and both he & Coronato have nice shots, but they are nowhere near the Defenders, Checkers, Puck Protectors & Retrievers, nor are they near as Effective NHL Players like Pospisil has proven he can be in his short stint with the Team so far. Coronato’s still Very Young and New to Professional Hockey so should quickly eclipse Pospisil as the better player, but almost every Flame on the Team should pay close attention to how Pospisil plays and adopt his clearly Superior Work Ethic out there on the ice

This said, his undoing will most likely be an injury. Between the way he throws and positions his body at times and frustrating other Teams, which will inevitable draw big hits, cheap shots and fights against him, it’ll be interesting if he can stay healthy. He’s extremely smart though and I can’t see him Fighting after incurring a concussion that almost ended his career. The way he held on to Hronek or whoever it was that wanted to drop the gloves with him, proved this

Like Zary, I’m actually pleasantly surprised by Pospisil, because watching him in Training Camp, I thought he’d be nothing, but a Liability taking Bad Penalties, but nope, he’s been playing with an edge and aggressively right on the line, yet hasn’t crossed it. And He shouldn’t have been called for that penalty against Quinn Hughes at all

Last year when Duehr got called up he was playing very similar to how Pospisil is right now. Obviously Pospisil is playing better right now thats why one is a healthy scratch. My point is what we are seeing from Pospisil, is it a hot streak or legitimate. Odds are it's a hot streak.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all about riding this wave Pospisil is on but I just don't see it lasting. We will still probably sell at the end of the year and I imagine Pospisil will eventually be slotted into Greer's spot
19 nov. 2023 à 14 h 4
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Modifié 19 nov. 2023 à 14 h 12
Last year when Duehr got called up he was playing very similar to how Pospisil is right now. Obviously Pospisil is playing better right now thats why one is a healthy scratch. My point is what we are seeing from Pospisil, is it a hot streak or legitimate. Odds are it's a hot streak.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all about riding this wave Pospisil is on but I just don't see it lasting. We will still probably sell at the end of the year and I imagine Pospisil will eventually be slotted into Greer's spot

As always, that’s a fair assessment and prediction Ledge

I just haven’t see Duehr or any Flame for that matter recently be able to blow by defenders, drive the puck to the net and lift it top shelf like Pospisil has. He’s consistently out skating the opposition to the puck and not only does he get there, but he knows how to protect the puck and reverse check to give him the time & space necessary to find a teammate to pass the puck too

He’s playing on another level right now AFAIC, even better than Backlund & Coleman who have consistently proven to be great checkers and puck retrievers with the ability to pass & score

Whether he can maintain this, time will tell, but other than an injury or needing a maintenance day, I don’t see him changing nor pulling back off the throttle, he’s just that kind of player

We should re-up Greer for this very reason, but if he wants too much and we can get good value for him, then at least we still have Hunt & Klapka

Call me silly, ignorant or naive if you want, but I’m not ready to give up on the season just yet. That said, I am ready to give up on Lindholm, Tanev and any Player not certain about or wanting to commit to being a Calgary Flame, so there’s no maybes/ifs/ands/or buts, we will be selling between now and the deadline. We have too in order to make our forward group younger and to bring fresh new blood and energy to the Team

If we can secure an NHL Ready Prospect and D-Man for Lindholm (Sillinger + Bean + Peeke or Faranacci + Forbort/Grzelcyk), NHL Level Defensemen & Player for Hanifin (Soderstrom + Dumba or Romanov + Wahlstrom), NHl Defensemen for Tanev (Liljegren + Abruzzese) or Zadorov (Hague, Stanley, Broberg, Bahl), etc. etc. we should be fine and may still even be in the playoff picture. Obviously some 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Round Picks and additional Prospects will be coming in addition, but hopefully guys like Peeke & Dumba who are struggling find their games in Calgary if they end up there

Having a committed team working in harmony with good goaltending and defensive play is far more valuable and impressive to me than having SuperStars. The Leafs and Oilers have continuously proven this. That said, we do need to find or better yet develop an elite finisher. Can’t believe we just gave Toffoli away for virtually nothing. Should have brought Holtz back lol
19 nov. 2023 à 14 h 28
As always, that’s a fair assessment and prediction Ledge

I just haven’t see Duehr or any Flame for that matter recently be able to blow by defenders, drive the puck to the net and lift it top shelf like Pospisil has. He’s consistently out skating the opposition to the puck and not only does he get there, but he knows how to protect the puck and reverse check to give him the time & space necessary to find a teammate to pass the puck too

He’s playing on another level right now AFAIC, even better than Backlund & Coleman who have consistently proven to be great checkers and puck retrievers with the ability to pass & score

Whether he can maintain this, time will tell, but other than an injury or needing a maintenance day, I don’t see him changing nor pulling back off the throttle, he’s just that kind of player

We should re-up Greer for this very reason, but if he wants too much and we can get good value for him, then at least we still have Hunt & Klapka

Call me silly, ignorant or naive if you want, but I’m not ready to give up on the season just yet. That said, I am ready to give up on Lindholm, Tanev and any Player not certain about or wanting to commit to being a Calgary Flame, so there’s no maybes/ifs/ands/or buts, we will be selling between now and the deadline. We have too in order to make our forward group younger and to bring fresh new blood and energy to the Team

If we can secure an NHL Ready Prospect and D-Man for Lindholm (Sillinger + Bean + Peeke or Faranacci + Forbort/Grzelcyk), NHL Level Defensemen & Player for Hanifin (Soderstrom + Dumba or Romanov + Wahlstrom), NHl Defensemen for Tanev (Liljegren) or Zadorov (Hague, Stanley, Broberg, Bahl), etc. etc. we should be fine and may still even be in the playoff picture

Having a committed team working in harmony with good goaltending and defensive play is far more valuable and impressive to me than having SuperStars. The Leafs and Oilers have continuously proven this

I don't think your assessment of Pospisil is wrong. The way he's playing is giving the team, and fanbase life. The games are fun to watch now. I think it's too small of a sample size to say "yeah this is what he will continue to be like for the next 40 games (barring and injury)."

As for the team. I'm still completely under the impression that they cannot contend any time soon without Lindholm. Kadri is hot right now but he's still not a 1C. And the only realistic way to replace a 1C is through the draft. The team isn't going to purposely loose though and I don't expect them to. I just think playing catch up will be hard and selling is the most likely choice at the end of the day
19 nov. 2023 à 15 h 9
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
I don't think your assessment of Pospisil is wrong. The way he's playing is giving the team, and fanbase life. The games are fun to watch now. I think it's too small of a sample size to say "yeah this is what he will continue to be like for the next 40 games (barring and injury)."

As for the team. I'm still completely under the impression that they cannot contend any time soon without Lindholm. Kadri is hot right now but he's still not a 1C. And the only realistic way to replace a 1C is through the draft. The team isn't going to purposely loose though and I don't expect them to. I just think playing catch up will be hard and selling is the most likely choice at the end of the day

I agree with you on that, but I’m not interested in signing Lindholm long-term given his age and the $$$ he wants, so Trading him for another Teams 1st who hopefully brings a low or better pick than ours + a Top Prospect likely needing a change of scenery (Krebs, Sillinger, Kasper, Wright, etc.) does exactly what you want, doesn’t it!?

People here think I’m some kind of Fortune Teller or Tarrot Card Reader. I don’t know if or how long Pospisil’s current play will stand up 🤷‍♂️ I clearly even said, I’m surprised he’s in the NHL after seeing him play in Training Camp

I continuously hold you in high regard, heck I prop you up on a pedestal and defend you any chance I get. At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter, but I would hope in your eyes I’ve improved on here over the past year and I credit guys like you and even the hard nosed agitators like @yycofred for that, but with all due respect, you still come across as condescending from time to time and almost never like my posts, so I ain’t gonna necessarily agree with everything you say or like all your posts anymore either and will stand my ground and hold my opinions, just in case you were wondering

At the end of the day, I’m just a hardcore Flames Fan wanting the best for the Team and have too much time on my hands and am too lazy to find anything better and more productive to do with my time, because I can and I’m past that part in my life now, seemingly like you are too. I don’t claim to know it all or be perfect, I’m just here
19 nov. 2023 à 16 h 51
I agree with you on that, but I’m not interested in signing Lindholm long-term given his age and the $$$ he wants, so Trading him for another Teams 1st who hopefully brings a low or better pick than ours + a Top Prospect likely needing a change of scenery (Krebs, Sillinger, Kasper, Wright, etc.) does exactly what you want, doesn’t it!?

People here think I’m some kind of Fortune Teller or Tarrot Card Reader. I don’t know if or how long Pospisil’s current play will stand up 🤷‍♂️ I clearly even said, I’m surprised he’s in the NHL after seeing him play in Training Camp

I continuously hold you in high regard, heck I prop you up on a pedestal and defend you any chance I get. At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter, but I would hope in your eyes I’ve improved on here over the past year and I credit guys like you and even the hard nosed agitators like yycofred for that, but with all due respect, you still come across as condescending from time to time and almost never like my posts, so I ain’t gonna necessarily agree with everything you say or like all your posts anymore either and will stand my ground and hold my opinions, just in case you were wondering

At the end of the day, I’m just a hardcore Flames Fan wanting the best for the Team and have too much time on my hands and am too lazy to find anything better and more productive to do with my time, because I can and I’m past that part in my life now, seemingly like you are too. I don’t claim to know it all or be perfect, I’m just here

You are right. I am condescending on here, but thats because most people are morons. I try not to be with you, it's just hard to portray words over text when you are explaining a POV in detail. I have people I hold in high respect and you are getting better. yycofred for example is one of them as he does scouting irl if I remember correctly. But I value other members from all different fanbases.

I don't like most posts unless I agree with them completely, I don't think liking posts just for the sake of racking up likes makes sense. I don't expect people to like my posts, especially when it's a simple discussion like this (though I do sometimes go back and like posts after the conversation is over).

I want you to form your own opinions. Im not always correct, but when I do get told differently I do my research. Keeping an open mind is important. The Vladar thing for example the other day, I do have a strong opinion on the matter and the obvious stats don't back me up. But I've watched enough Flames hockey and enough of Vladar to decide there is probably more to the story (for example, last year Vladar faced by far the least low danger shots/60 making the mid and high danger ones have a higher % value of the total). That user I was debating with isn't an idiot, I actually usually value their opinion on a lot of things.

Now back to the Flames. To me the fundamental problem is we have no legitimate superstar, especially at center (I watched a lot of Huberdeau before the trade and he absolutely was a superstar in Florida, his struggles now are baffling to me). All our top prospects project to be middle 6 to top 6 role players but no game breakers. Most importantly we have 2 32+ centers and no clear replacements any time soon. Backlund seems to be fine as his game is honestly rather simple but Kadri will probably fall off and need to be moved to the wing at some point (that's also why I like the chemistry between Kadri and Zary as Zary may be able to slide to that center role down the line).

If we sign Lindholm we still have a 1C long term and can give the team a chance to contend based on the teams depth and structure. If we trade him we need to start searching for a 1C solution. The best bet there is the draft or a center prospect coming back in a trade, as I don't think Zary is good enough for 1C but is for 2C. Without a high draft pick though our odds of getting that 1C talent are slim. Yes Point, Aho, and Hintz all exist but their development took time and the odds are not great for relying on that.
KingofRnR a aimé ceci.
19 nov. 2023 à 17 h 37
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
You are right. I am condescending on here, but thats because most people are morons. I try not to be with you, it's just hard to portray words over text when you are explaining a POV in detail. I have people I hold in high respect and you are getting better. yycofred for example is one of them as he does scouting irl if I remember correctly. But I value other members from all different fanbases.

I don't like most posts unless I agree with them completely, I don't think liking posts just for the sake of racking up likes makes sense. I don't expect people to like my posts, especially when it's a simple discussion like this (though I do sometimes go back and like posts after the conversation is over).

I want you to form your own opinions. Im not always correct, but when I do get told differently I do my research. Keeping an open mind is important. The Vladar thing for example the other day, I do have a strong opinion on the matter and the obvious stats don't back me up. But I've watched enough Flames hockey and enough of Vladar to decide there is probably more to the story (for example, last year Vladar faced by far the least low danger shots/60 making the mid and high danger ones have a higher % value of the total). That user I was debating with isn't an idiot, I actually usually value their opinion on a lot of things.

Now back to the Flames. To me the fundamental problem is we have no legitimate superstar, especially at center (I watched a lot of Huberdeau before the trade and he absolutely was a superstar in Florida, his struggles now are baffling to me). All our top prospects project to be middle 6 to top 6 role players but no game breakers. Most importantly we have 2 32+ centers and no clear replacements any time soon. Backlund seems to be fine as his game is honestly rather simple but Kadri will probably fall off and need to be moved to the wing at some point (that's also why I like the chemistry between Kadri and Zary as Zary may be able to slide to that center role down the line).

If we sign Lindholm we still have a 1C long term and can give the team a chance to contend based on the teams depth and structure. If we trade him we need to start searching for a 1C solution. The best bet there is the draft or a center prospect coming back in a trade, as I don't think Zary is good enough for 1C but is for 2C. Without a high draft pick though our odds of getting that 1C talent are slim. Yes Point, Aho, and Hintz all exist but their development took time and the odds are not great for relying on that.

Sorry, didn't mean to call you out, I just like to let people know where I stand and you are 100% correct that nobody should expect anything on here or in life for that matter. Nothing should ever be expected for nothing or for free and everything should be earned. I also like your comment about forming our own opinions

I like to babble too much in an attempt to cover everything as much as possible, as to hopefully not be taken out of context. In any event, I do try to be clear that I respect you and others, even those who give me a hard time or talk down to me. It's so much funnier and easier to watch it be done elsewhere lol. I'm too sensitive and like to stand up for myself too much, I seem to have more pride than brains at times. So again, i apologize if I come across confrontational or annoyed at times. You're right most people are morons and I can be too from time to time here

Back to Hockey, I'm hoping to make some moves like the Montreal Canadians did to bring in guy's like they did in Dach & Newhook; guy's who were Drafted in the Top-20 you were slow to take with their Teams and desperately needed a change of scenery. Dylan Strome would have been one of those guys too, but at the some time none are 1C's and may not become one some day either. It's probably too late to snag Quinton Byfield, but would SEA be interested in Lindholm for Beniers at all if he doesn't rebound, or how bout FLA/Lundell, WPG/Blake Lizotte, CLB/Sillinger, ARI/Hayton, BUF/Krebs

Doing this exercise and looking, there really isn't any Free Agents of interest that are any younger coming available other than Thomas Novak...

Lindholm seems to be our best choice, but if he doesn't want to be here then we don't want him either, right!?

We don't see Zary, Coronato or Ruzicka as ever being more than a 2nd/3rd line Centre either, hey!?
20 nov. 2023 à 9 h 27
I think you need to look up the word pathetic, because fans supporting their Team and Players and correctly pointing out the fact even Below Average Performing Teams have Good/Valuable Players is the absolute opposite of the meaning, whereas what you’re doing here fits the definition perfectly and to a T

It’s not good enough to just be high on your Leafs (who need help Defensively and with their Goaltending btw, so you might want to clean that up), you have to go crap on others and their Teams; Really!? I repeat, what good or benefit do you provide to this community!?

Enjoy your Leafs and be Thankful you have your SuperStars and Hopeful they can actually do something here, because they haven’t so far, are yet again playing below expectation and have not made it to a Stanley Cup Final in over 55 years and we’d all wouldn’t mind to see them eventually break that curse

As True & Good Canadians, if it’s not our Team that makes it, we hope another Canadian Team Wins and returns the Cup where it belongs = here in Canada 🇨🇦

You’re not very classy though, so we could easily do without ppl like you here, especially on a post that doesn’t even include or reference the Leafs

Go look up pompous and patronizing bud . You’re not howie meeker so maybe stop thinking the sun shines out of your a$$. You have an opinion - just like everyone else’s on this site - but somehow you’ve convinced yourself yours is more informed 😂

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage