Sadness
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 971
LOL HOW DID WE WIN THAT

A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN
6 nov. 2023 à 21 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
What a game. Give Matthews the keys to the city. 13 sheets aint looking so bad right now.
NorthernLeafsFan05, CameronSquires, Random2152 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2023 à 21 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,068
Knies-Matthews-Marner Solid
Bertuzzi-JT-Nylander good
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok gimmie more

Gregor-Kampf-Reaves - Time to get a blender. Had a moment but come on its not working

Like if they can get 2 guys to play with Kampf whether through whats left in FA or call up chefs kiss.

Like I think we can all agree the 3 main issues rn

1. PK
2. Dcore
3. 4th line
4. At times Sammy
6 nov. 2023 à 22 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Mentions "j'aime": 6,093
Quoting: aadoyle
Knies-Matthews-Marner Solid
Bertuzzi-JT-Nylander good
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok gimmie more

Gregor-Kampf-Reaves - Time to get a blender. Had a moment but come on its not working

Like if they can get 2 guys to play with Kampf whether through whats left in FA or call up chefs kiss.

Like I think we can all agree the 3 main issues rn

1. PK
2. Dcore
3. 4th line
4. At times Sammy

Most of the time Sammy*

He's had like 1 good game. Tonight was a gong show. Literally one of the worst goaltending performances I've seen out of a Leafs starter
6 nov. 2023 à 22 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Most of the time Sammy*

He's had like 1 good game. Tonight was a gong show. Literally one of the worst goaltending performances I've seen out of a Leafs starter

He actually had 2 good games and one okay game. The others yea ew.

Boston and Florida. Could argue the same for NSH as really if you look whats he gonna do for goal 2 and 3. Net front defense was desperately needed for ROR there lul.

MTL, TBL x 2, and Wild yea those were bad

Like do not play him vs TBL they have his number.
6 nov. 2023 à 22 h 18
honestly, just call up Jones, let him backup Woll, and let Sammy take a couple of weeks to reset his game.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2023 à 22 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: leafs101
honestly, just call up Jones, let him backup Woll, and let Sammy take a couple of weeks to reset his game.

Jones has been bad

0.884SV in AHL

Sammy just needs a break let him recollect. When its not TBL he was fine

He had a good game vs Boston, FLA and other than the net front defense had moments in NSH

Just needs a good Dcore in front and to recollect himself and hes fine

As we have seen this before from him

Ride Woll then have him play. Cause we cant forget Woll had a bad game vs. BUF and LA to cant be giving the guy a pass for similar results
6 nov. 2023 à 22 h 21
Jones has been bad

0.884SV in AHL

Sammy just needs a break let him recollect. When its not TBL he was fine

He had a good game vs Boston, FLA and other than the net front defense had moments in NSH

Just needs a good Dcore in front and to recollect himself and hes fine

As we have seen this before from him

Ride Woll then have him play

its not that I want Jones its that Sammy needs a reset
6 nov. 2023 à 22 h 23
Hakuna Matata
its not that I want Jones its that Sammy needs a reset

To be fair at times both goalies have been inconsistent in the past 5 games.

Woll had a bad game vs. Buffalo rebounds nice vs TBL

Sammy good game vs Boston (minus shootout) **** game vs. TBL

In general they got his number he should not play them as Kucherov especially has him figured out

Putting him in the right games and getting him back in the right mindset is needed

Like look at Woll **** game Saturday rebound Monday. Sammy should have played Saturday and Woll monday but meh its passed. As we have seen this from Sammy before but he always finds a way to reset. Just dont play him vs TBL whenever they play again pls lul
6 nov. 2023 à 22 h 48
To be fair at times both goalies have been inconsistent in the past 5 games.

Woll had a bad game vs. Buffalo rebounds nice vs TBL

Sammy good game vs Boston (minus shootout) **** game vs. TBL

In general they got his number he should not play them as Kucherov especially has him figured out

Putting him in the right games and getting him back in the right mindset is needed

Like look at Woll **** game Saturday rebound Monday. Sammy should have played Saturday and Woll monday but meh its passed. As we have seen this from Sammy before but he always finds a way to reset. Just dont play him vs TBL whenever they play again pls lul

except Woll is a rookie goalie with a .930 sv% and Sammy has an .855 sv%. Plus Woll's "bad games" at least kept them in the fight while the D wasn't playing well, games are consistently getting pretty well out of hand with Sammy (out of hand unless you have Auston Matthews on hatty watch every game, of course)
6 nov. 2023 à 23 h 7
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,668
Well, no matter how bad things get, at least we aren't the oilers lmao.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2023 à 23 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 nov. 2023 à 23 h 13
except Woll is a rookie goalie with a .930 sv% and Sammy has an .855 sv%. Plus Woll's "bad games" at least kept them in the fight while the D wasn't playing well, games are consistently getting pretty well out of hand with Sammy (out of hand unless you have Auston Matthews on hatty watch every game, of course)

mmm that goal he allowed in buffalo was pretty bad.

Still in the end both have had good and bad games thats really it. Sammy just needs to reorganize. As we have seen in 3 of his 7 games he can do it. But thats something hes done before

Not worried as TBL has his number should never play vs them. Keep him against other teams like Boston and Florida where he had good performances.

Would have played him in Buffalo after the Boston game and gave Woll TBL start but I aint the coach. Would have helped both in my opinion but its in the past now.

Either way still time to fix em. As we saw last year when he struggled Murray did his thing than he would get back into form.

Lucky its now and not April like last year
6 nov. 2023 à 23 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152

Guess the soup got tainted with Oil
7 nov. 2023 à 1 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Mentions "j'aime": 6,093
Quoting: Random2152

The McDavid Maple Leafs era is going to be so much fun
7 nov. 2023 à 9 h 49
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,032
How bad was the game? I stop listening in after 4-1 TBL...
7 nov. 2023 à 10 h 57
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
Quoting: Leafsfan98
How bad was the game? I stop listening in after 4-1 TBL...

I mean....kind of the same ol, same ol'?

It was nice to see them have the fire in the belly to battle back which we don't always get.

Samsonov is on roller skates out there. Tampa did a good job at moving the puck east and west and catching him over committing, often sliding past the appropriate angle. Woll coming in helped settle things down. He tracks the puck and squares up well. The one goal he let in was a bit of a miss. A softish shot from the point...no screen. A tampa player cuts in front of the net looking to tip and I think Woll flinched at what he thought would be a tip...but the tampa player missed the puck and Woll only got a piece of it. Hagel crashed the crease to bang in a puck sitting on the goal line.

It was the best game from Domi I've seen. He was engaged both on offense and a little bit of sh*t distrurbing. I don't know if a line with him, Robertson and Jarnkrok can be relied on every night...but definitely worth keeping them together for a few games to see if they can provide a secondary scoring punch without being defensively liable.

Knies looked great with Matthews and Marner. He's the big, skilled body that can dig a puck out of the corner or streak to the net that works well with the style of the other two. If Bertuzzi can deploy a similar mentality with JT and Willy we might have something.

Keefe, without really having a shutdown line...just matched our best vs their best. I think Reaves sat the third. I don't recall seeing him on the ice much in the second half of the game.

But PK and Defence (and sammy) were all exposed. Our PK forwards don't seem to clog up passing lanes well and our D doesn't clear bodies in front of the net. That issue has been on going from game 1. I don't mind Lagesson as a 7th d-man option...actually I'd take him over Klingberg. Rielly got bumped back up to PP1 which...if that's going to be the case (and it is deserved at this point)...it just further exacerbates the issue of a $4.1m Klingberg not being a value-add of any kind.

The other concern for me is Gio. This time last year, when we were hurt on the blueline...they rocked him with 20+ min a game and he was terrific stepping up. This year he just doesn't seem to have the same gas in the tank. He's a little bit behind tying up a stick or getting to a lose puck.

McCabe seems to be very close to returning which will hopefully help. Timmins is back skating but sounds like he's still a few weeks out. Lilly seems to be a longer term thing, too.

I think we need to try and ride Woll 3 of every 4 games or so and just try and ride our the defensive woes until we get some bodies back and can re-assess. It'd be nice if we could swap Reaves for a bottom 6 forward that can help the PK but I don't see that anytime soon.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
7 nov. 2023 à 11 h 7
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,032
Quoting: Juice

I was nice to see them have the fire in the belly to battle back which we don't always get.

Samsonov is on roller skates out there. Tampa did a good job at moving the puck east and west and catching him over committing, often sliding past the appropriate angle. Woll coming in helped settle things down. He tracks the puck and squares up well. The one goal he let in was a bit of a miss. A softish shot from the point...no screen. A tampa player cuts in front of the net looking to tip and I think Woll flinched at what he thought would be a tip...but the tampa player missed the puck and Woll only got a piece of it. Hagel crashed the crease to bang in a puck sitting on the goal line.

It was the best game from Domi I've seen. He was engaged both on offense and a little bit of sh*t distrurbing. I don't know if a line with him, Robertson and Jarnkrok can be relied on every night...but definitely worth keeping them together for a few games to see if they can provide a secondary scoring punch without being defensively liable.

Knies looked great with Matthews and Marner. He's the big, skilled body that can dig a puck out of the corner or streak to the net that works well with the style of the other two. If Bertuzzi can deploy a similar mentality with JT and Willy we might have something.

Keefe, without really having a shutdown line...just matched our best vs their best. I think Reaves sat the third. I don't recall seeing him on the ice much in the second half of the game.

But PK and Defence (and sammy) were all exposed. Our PK forwards don't seem to clog up passing lanes well and our D doesn't clear bodies in front of the net. That issue has been on going from game 1. I don't mind Lagesson as a 7th d-man option...actually I'd take him over Klingberg. Rielly got bumped back up to PP1 which...if that's going to be the case (and it is deserved at this point)...it just further exacerbates the issue of a $4.1m Klingberg not being a value-add of any kind.

The other concern for me is Gio. This time last year, when we were hurt on the blueline...they rocked him with 20+ min a game and he was terrific stepping up. This year he just doesn't seem to have the same gas in the tank. He's a little bit behind tying up a stick or getting to a lose puck.

McCabe seems to be very close to returning which will hopefully help. Timmins is back skating but sounds like he's still a few weeks out. Lilly seems to be a longer term thing, too.

I think we need to try and ride Woll 3 of every 4 games or so and just try and ride our the defensive woes until we get some bodies back and can re-assess. It'd be nice if we could swap Reaves for a bottom 6 forward that can help the PK but I don't see that anytime soon.

Wait, the Leafs were battling?

I'm hoping Sammy gets his confidence back... But I'm glad Woll is playing well... and of course Hagel got the goal

I'm glad Domi played well... It looked like he needed a break from the stress... Hoping he gets his 1rst goal in the RS soon!

I love Knies, and was Matthews still a cheat code this game?

I do like the idea of a shutdown line... But, Keefe doesn't know when to deploy them (I'm a big fan of Keefe, but that and his unwillingness to throw out tough guys to send a message once and a while, are my biggest concerns)

Same old story then with defence and PK...

Hopefully McCabe and Timmins come back soon and I feel bad for Lilly...
7 nov. 2023 à 11 h 44
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Wait, the Leafs were battling?

I'm hoping Sammy gets his confidence back... But I'm glad Woll is playing well... and of course Hagel got the goal

I'm glad Domi played well... It looked like he needed a break from the stress... Hoping he gets his 1rst goal in the RS soon!

I love Knies, and was Matthews still a cheat code this game?

I do like the idea of a shutdown line... But, Keefe doesn't know when to deploy them (I'm a big fan of Keefe, but that and his unwillingness to throw out tough guys to send a message once and a while, are my biggest concerns)

Same old story then with defence and PK...

Hopefully McCabe and Timmins come back soon and I feel bad for Lilly...

lol...maybe "battle" wasn't the most accurate adjective I could have used there. More like they took advantage of a tampa team that seemed to sit back a bit once they were up 4-1..plus having a calmer presence in net.

Matthews is still a cheat code. I like that he's looking to find lanes towards the net with and without the puck instead of just relying on a toe-drag missile from the high slot. Keefe finally opted to start him in OT instead of doing the Kampf thing. He had an immediate opportunity to end it and if Marner was crashing towards the net he might have been able to bang home the rebound.

Also...credit to Nylander in OT who pushed the issue up ice with his speed and skill instead of the constant circling in the neutral zone and holding possession that we see a lot of times. He attracted 2 defenders towards him and when he dropped it off to Rielly it drew the 3rd defender up, leaving Jarns wide open for the GWG
7 nov. 2023 à 11 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 nov. 2023 à 13 h 28
Quoting: Juice

It was nice to see them have the fire in the belly to battle back which we don't always get.

Even when McCabe and Timmins are back man they need to start hunting for a Dman bad. Zone entries are way to easy, they have no net front guy, and yea not great

Now Lagesson I give him credit he has impressed me. He knows his role and does it well that said not a guy I want a full season up

Whether its someone to play with McCabe or someone to let Gio rest they need a Dman

Also need to fix the 4th line as to me getting 2 guys who mesh well with Kampf is a must rn. Reaves should rotate depending on matchups, and Gregor either press or waive as he and Kampf have 0 chemistry, Would call up Steeves first to try and see if that helps. If not waive or press Gregor and bring up McMann. If those 2 dont work send down sigh JP and Bailey

After that start working on the PK. Just simplify things as rn its to much chaos

Would say fix Bertuzzi but hes not 100% so that could be a big factor. Once they have the room to do it bring some guys up to rest him
7 nov. 2023 à 13 h 48
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Can't believe how much better Holl was than our current d
7 nov. 2023 à 14 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 nov. 2023 à 14 h 29
Quoting: MoDefence44
Can't believe how much better Holl was than our current d

Holl's not really good though nor was he really here. Little PK magic here and there but not much else.

We got injuries going on but would rather have Liligren, Brodie, and Timmins than him

He wasnt good here besides small PK spurts

Like of course hes gonna be better than Lagesson, Lajoie Benoit, and Klingberg but who cares those guys will be either in the AHL or moved soon

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage