Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/VAN) - Lafferty for 2024 5th (VAN)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 oct. 2023 à 17 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 103
Mid-Season I’d say Vancouver wins the trade however if Vancouver just waits they get him or some other player of equal value off waivers this time of year. Could have saved the 5th so I have Leafs winning tbis Trade
AK50 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2023 à 17 h 35
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 290
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
A 5th Rd pick for trading a guy who the Leafs GM would have been forced to place on waivers and lose for nothing.

This is a win for the Leafs, all those votes no need to give their head a shake.

Indeed a win for Toronto. But it’s also a win for Vancouver. They have gone from a terrible bottom 6 to a hopefully good/average one this offseason. Lafferty will hopefully be a big part of that. A 5th to be able to claim him before the waivers is great considering I’ve got no doubt that the teams that would have had the chance to take him ahead of Vancouver would likely claim him. If only for a 4th/3rd at the deadline
AK50 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2023 à 18 h 6
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,949
I'm going to miss Lafferty...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's a cap causality for 19 year old Fraser Minten (I think) of all people
8 oct. 2023 à 20 h 32
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Good trade for both teams, but better for Vancouver. He should improve their bottom 6.

For Toronto, I’d call him a cap casualty rather than a cap dump, because “cap dump” implies that he’s overpaid, which he is not, but he is a few hundred thousand over the league minimum, and because they wasted $4M of cap hit on Klingberg instead of the kind of defenseman they really needed, now they need to nickel and dime their way into cap compliance to avoid having to give up a more impactful player. A 5th-round pick isn’t much, but it’s better than nothing, which is what Toronto probably would have got for Lafferty if they tried to waive him. Toronto now has 9 picks in next year’s draft, so maybe they can parlay some of those extra later picks to move their 3rd-round pick into the 2nd round.

The 5th-round pick is a small price for Vancouver to pay to make sure somebody else couldn’t claim him on waivers before they had a chance.
RawDeal et PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2023 à 22 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 855
In a vacuum, this is a Canucks win. Sam Lafferty is much better than a 5th rounder.

However, with the Leafs' cap situation, they would have likely had to give up an asset to get compliment anyway.

Furthermore, I'm not sure where Sam Lafferty fits in with the Canucks.
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2023 à 23 h 9
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Very fair trade imo.
8 oct. 2023 à 23 h 46
Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 349
Fair trade at a glance.. But digging more into Lafferty I feel like the Canucks are getting the most upside in the trade. Leafs are downgrading in quality to shed cap and do not improve. Canucks upgrade their bottom 6, add depth and fill a need for a RH shot that can play Center, take faceoffs and PK.
CSStrowbridge, AK50, jr400 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 oct. 2023 à 0 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Quoting: rollie1967
Why? How is he any better now or have more upside than Studnicka- whom they had to put on waivers? I know the 5th isnt much...but this is just another body they didnt need. Studnicka and Aman have both looked good in preseason, I dont see how the addition of Lafferty is going to help the Nucks at all. Its one thing if they have a bunch of injuries....but outside of Mikheyev unknown status... theyre fine. They already sent down Dries...how is Lafferty any better? Canucks management of assets continues to be horrible.

He's a right handed C and they don't have one.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
9 oct. 2023 à 9 h 24
JT Miller for Hart
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 715
I LOVE this trade for us. We get a solid PKer and hopefully we can sign him to an extension. I've been saying the Nucks should go after him to properly replace Tyler Motte. Great move.
vmark a aimé ceci.
9 oct. 2023 à 10 h 28
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,693
Quoting: mv21227
I know it’s only a 5th, and for that reason I don’t mind it, but Canucks GMs sure love trading away future picks rather than trade for them

Not as much as the Dubas did with the Leafs. Constantly trading picks at TDL....all that for one playoff round win.
9 oct. 2023 à 16 h 5
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: TheAlien
Don't be ridiculous. It's Pens leftovers

Rutherford likes his guys... so Allvin prob does too!
9 oct. 2023 à 16 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,391
Quoting: vmark
Rutherford likes his guys... so Allvin prob does too!

I honestly don't mind it as much as most Canucks fans. They're at least getting them at good prices and it's not like they're scrubs. Now if he starts bringing in guys likeGudbranson and Jack Johnson there's gonna be some problems
vmark a aimé ceci.
9 oct. 2023 à 18 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Quoting: rfruss
He's a right handed C and they don't have one.

Studnicka is a rightshot. and he had a good camp. he has to clear waivers now that they added Lafferty. Im not saying that Lafferty isnt better than Studnicka (whom i think has way more upside). but they gave up 2 assets for him not that long ago, and now another pick for Lafferty. If they lose him on waivers thats 3 assets for a mediocre 4th line player that is easily found in free agency or waiver wire.
12 oct. 2023 à 11 h 24
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 96
Trade value is whatever, but I don't think its a good look that you're dumping Lafferty so you can have Reaves at 3x1.35 in your lineup
14 oct. 2023 à 18 h 23
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: Turbo
Trade value is whatever, but I don't think its a good look that you're dumping Lafferty so you can have Reaves at 3x1.35 in your lineup

Reaves isnt even a good goon anymore, not to mention his horrendous overall play.
Acts like he didn't have a 2nd chance to fight Xhekaj again with 2 periods to play and multiple times they crossed paths. Albeit, the instigator penalty in a tight game probably played a factor but his theatrics in the media are better served if he was actually able to back up his talk which hasnt been the case in awhile.
14 oct. 2023 à 18 h 51

Excellent point. I blamed their cap trouble on signing Klingberg, but the Reaves signing probably had more of an impact on Lafferty because they play the same position. I'd take Lafferty at $1.15M over Reaves at $1.35M.
14 oct. 2023 à 20 h 37
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,693

I''ll disagree. Rather have Reaves for on year than Lafferty for one. Reaves three years, he can demoted to the Marlies next season and he won't affect the Leafs cap at all.
Hawks overpaid for at 4m X 1 for Foligno and Perry....for the veteran presence on a young team. Leafs might just pay Reaves in effect 3.305m for one year with just a cap hit of just 1.35 for one year
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 21 h 39
Quoting: jr400
Excellent point. I blamed their cap trouble on signing Klingberg, but the Reaves signing probably had more of an impact on Lafferty because they play the same position. I'd take Lafferty at $1.15M over Reaves at $1.35M.

Same here. Reaves has only played 36 minutes, but his on-ice goal differential is already 3.3 below expected. Lafferty already has a couple of points and is even in that stat.
28 nov. 2023 à 14 h 13
This trade is looking pretty good for Vancouver now. Lafferty seems to be a good fit there.

It was nice to see Ryan Reaves get his first goal as a Leaf (and first Leafs' goal when he was on the ice) last week. Hopefully it's a sign of better things to come.
Saskleaf et CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2023 à 15 h 27
Quoting: jr400
This trade is looking pretty good for Vancouver now. Lafferty seems to be a good fit there.

It was nice to see Ryan Reaves get his first goal as a Leaf (and first Leafs' goal when he was on the ice) last week. Hopefully it's a sign of better things to come.

I wasn't sure Latterty would fit with the Canucks, but I was wrong. He's on pace for about 40 points and he's been excellent defensively. This is an easy win for the Canucks and I hope they can resign him.
5 févr. à 2 h 17
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 148
If Sam was traded back to TML he would be 5th in goals for and 7th in points. His plus/minus of +16 would lead the Leafs.
Massive win for the Canucks and it isn't close.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage