Forums/Armchair-GM

Non-Pinto Trade

Créé par: GrittyGucci
Équipe: 2023-24 Flyers de Philadelphie
Date de création initiale: 22 sept. 2023
Publié: 22 sept. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The Pinto situation is fascinating and it's interesting the number of avenues to solve it, so to mix it up a bit compared to every other flyer AGM, what if we don't get the player in question, but still some valuable assets.
Transactions
PHI
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2024 (TBL)
TBL
  1. Walker, Sean
Détails additionnels:
Torts appears to be favoring the young guys, so walker may end up being the odd man out. However, I can see him being a solid deadline depth option, much like how Braun was a couple years ago.
PHI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Allison, Wade
Détails additionnels:
No doubt there is a log jam on the right side, and with the flyers having forester and brink on the horizon, someone has to be moved out to allow the young guys in. This is don't have to be Allison, but I definitely can Briere making a move here.
PHI
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (BUF)
Détails additionnels:
Does not have to be the Sabres
BUF
  1. Seeler, Nick
Détails additionnels:
Flyers seem to value him highly, but I still believe we should trade him with his value being high, likely a deadline move.
PHI
  1. Bernard-Docker, Jacob
  2. Joseph, Mathieu
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (DET)
Détails additionnels:
I could be miss-quoting here, but on 32 thoughts, they seemed to mention the flyers still may be involved in the Pinto situation, but without actually acquiring the player. To acquire Pinto, the price is ludicrous since the Sens, as apparent as it can be, do not want to move on. But the flyers can still gather something of value, and in this case, I have Docker down, which I believe should be the baseline for the flyers. But I'd like to hear from Sens fans on this.
OTT
    Future Considerations or AHL Player
    PHI
    1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
    Détails additionnels:
    Does not have to be the Leafs
    TOR
    1. Poehling, Ryan
    Détails additionnels:
    Seems like a Deadline move.
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de DET
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de LAK
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de STL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de CAR
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de PHI
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2283 500 000 $74 614 595 $1 187 500 $0 $8 885 405 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 5
    7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 3
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    C
    RFA - 2
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $
    AD
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
    2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 3
    2 375 000 $2 375 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
    DG/DD
    NTC
    UFA - 8
    5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
    805 000 $805 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    3 979 000 $3 979 000 $
    G
    RFA - 1
    775 000 $775 000 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    850 000 $850 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    775 000 $775 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    22 sept. 2023 à 10 h 39
    Rejoint: août 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 772
    You could get Jospeh and a pick to take his salary, but you're not getting JDB on top of that.

Also just moving JDB doesn't free up enough cap to sign Pinto which is likely 2.5 per on a bridge deal.
    JDB has been very slow in development and at most would only still be a 7th D this year, more than likely Kleven ( 21 yr old, 6'4, LD who played/s at North Dakota with Sanderson, comparable is Phanef) rockets past him in the Ottawa depth charts if he shows well at camp and was already top 3 in fitness training this week.
    GrittyGucci a aimé ceci.
    22 sept. 2023 à 10 h 44
    Danny B is here
    Rejoint: juin 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,969
    Quoting: NDoody
    You could get Jospeh and a pick to take his salary, but you're not getting JDB on top of that.

Also just moving JDB doesn't free up enough cap to sign Pinto which is likely 2.5 per on a bridge deal.
    JDB has been very slow in development and at most would only still be a 7th D this year, more than likely Kleven ( 21 yr old, 6'4, LD who played/s at North Dakota with Sanderson, comparable is Phanef) rockets past him in the Ottawa depth charts if he shows well at camp and was already top 3 in fitness training this week.

It’s going to be an equivalent for sure tho. OTT fans can argue with a wall til they are blue in the face. If all it took to move Joseph was a 2nd or a decent prospect it would have been done already. I guarantee you Briere wants one of the 1st rounders to take on Joseph. It’s clear as day that Joseph is the player they are trying to move so if the OTT GM is set on that then the deal would have been done already if it only costs a 2nd or 3rd to move him. I have been trying to tell Sens fans that but none of you seem to grasp that ur at will of whatever the other GM wants because he has clearly decided it is Joseph getting moved
    22 sept. 2023 à 10 h 45
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: sept. 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 101

Gotcha, but with the Sens actively pursuing a playoff spot, it seems essential to have Pinto in the line-up to make that happen. A move is coming, but no matter how you look at it, they are at the disadvantage when it comes to make a move. I could see a decent prospect on the back end being moved, since with Chychrun, Chabot, Sanderson, Zub, Brannstrum and Hamonic seemingly being the 6, they could 'afford' to lose one.
    NDoody a aimé ceci.
    22 sept. 2023 à 11 h 8
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 162
    I could see JBD getting moved. I still think he's got potential as a good "defensive D" - but I mean, the hope is that he becomes Zub-like - but it looks like that probably doesn't happen by the time Zub's contract is up.

JBD is a 3rd pair guy right now for many teams who I think has the ability to play higher when needed with a more offensive guy and not kill you. He's the current best player of the RHD prospects/young players - but Lassi Thomson isn't far behind, Brannstrom can play right side if Kleven kicks in the door, etc....

Joseph isn't a pure salary dump - they'd want to keep him if he made $1M less. He was in their top pair of PK forwards last year. Much better defensively than average NHL player. Worse offensively than average NHL player - but still better than replacement level.

I think rather than "AHL player" the Sens are looking for a prospect of similar trajectory to JBD that's further away - a player who's still in junior or NCAA.
    GrittyGucci et Green4D4 a aimé ceci.
    22 sept. 2023 à 11 h 12
    ... We're a "Team"..
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,157
    Quoting: GMDannyB
    It’s going to be an equivalent for sure tho. OTT fans can argue with a wall til they are blue in the face. If all it took to move Joseph was a 2nd or a decent prospect it would have been done already. I guarantee you Briere wants one of the 1st rounders to take on Joseph. It’s clear as day that Joseph is the player they are trying to move so if the OTT GM is set on that then the deal would have been done already if it only costs a 2nd or 3rd to move him. I have been trying to tell Sens fans that but none of you seem to grasp that ur at will of whatever the other GM wants because he has clearly decided it is Joseph getting moved

It's not clear as day when Kubalik/Bran is there. They both have value, just not much when there is a cap to consider so the return might not be great but at least assets are there for future use.

Everyone thought that Zaitsev was going to be moved by attaching Grieg/Jarventie and or a 1st. He was traded with a 2nd... who's a better player with significantly less cap hit? Joseph is also the younger player and will most likely have the best opportunity to bounce back. Our valuations are off regardless.

Or they'll move Kubalik for future considerations at worst. Business is business.
    22 sept. 2023 à 11 h 13
    Danny B is here
    Quoting: Green4D4
    It's not clear as day when Kubalik/Bran is there. They both have value, just not much when there is a cap to consider so the return might not be great but at least assets are there for future use.

Everyone thought that Zaitsev was going to be moved by attaching Grieg/Jarventie and or a 1st. He was traded with a 2nd... who's a better player with significantly less cap hit? Joseph is also the younger player and will most likely have the best opportunity to bounce back. Our valuations are off regardless.

Or they'll move Kubalik for future considerations at worst. Business is business.

Good luck with that lmao. There’s been no report of him trying to move either of them only reports of him constantly trying to move Joseph. Nobody is taking a 2nd for a $9M player when Bailey was only owed $5M and got dumped for a 2nd. Again good luck with that lol
    22 sept. 2023 à 11 h 25
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 162
    Quoting: GMDannyB
    Good luck with that lmao. There’s been no report of him trying to move either of them only reports of him constantly trying to move Joseph. Nobody is taking a 2nd for a $9M player when Bailey was only owed $5M and got dumped for a 2nd. Again good luck with that lol

I don't think there have been any credible reports of trying to move Joseph either - just us nobodies on places like this or fan articles/podcasts.

I mean, it makes the most sense looking just at contract values, but other things could happen.
    22 sept. 2023 à 11 h 25
    Danny B is here
    Quoting: BsInOttawa
    I don't think there have been any credible reports of trying to move Joseph either - just us nobodies on places like this or fan articles/podcasts.

I mean, it makes the most sense looking just at contract values, but other things could happen.

You mean Elliotte Freidman last week and quite literally this morning reporting on it? Might wanna do some more research lol
    22 sept. 2023 à 11 h 39
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,585
    Not sure TB has 260k cap space nevermind 2.6 million.pass.
    GrittyGucci et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
    22 sept. 2023 à 15 h 56
    Rejoint: juill. 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,728
    Modifié 22 sept. 2023 à 16 h 1
    Instant decline, not moving JBD

I don't want to trade Joseph but at the same time, Pierre Dorion is the GM so it's his call. He makes a lot of stupid things (like trading Gustavsson for Talbot or trading a 2nd for Stepan and his 6.5 AAV) so maybe he will pay a stupid price to move Joseph that they have been so high on for a long time. That'd be ridiculous once again, but it is what it is.

My solution is a lot easier and beneficial : trade Kubalik

If you want Kubalik, you can have him at a bargain price (like a 4th) and could probably make a good profit at the deadline (at least a 2nd?). Just give him PP time.

Kleven is LHD, Bernard-Docker is RHD, They are not in competition together. JBD is being groomed to be a defensive D-man after Hamonic and Zub move. He will play this year (injuries) as he is on a 1-way contract

Quoting: Green4D4

Don't waste your time with this poster lol. He's the type of asking Greig + 1st for taking Zaitsev but then disappears when it's 2nd + 4th
    Green4D4 a aimé ceci.
    22 sept. 2023 à 16 h 0
    Double post again
    25 sept. 2023 à 9 h 52
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Xspyrit
    Instant decline, not moving JBD

I don't want to trade Joseph but at the same time, Pierre Dorion is the GM so it's his call. He makes a lot of stupid things (like trading Gustavsson for Talbot or trading a 2nd for Stepan and his 6.5 AAV) so maybe he will pay a stupid price to move Joseph that they have been so high on for a long time. That'd be ridiculous once again, but it is what it is.

My solution is a lot easier and beneficial : trade Kubalik

If you want Kubalik, you can have him at a bargain price (like a 4th) and could probably make a good profit at the deadline (at least a 2nd?). Just give him PP time.

Kleven is LHD, Bernard-Docker is RHD, They are not in competition together. JBD is being groomed to be a defensive D-man after Hamonic and Zub move. He will play this year (injuries) as he is on a 1-way contract

Don't waste your time with this poster lol. He's the type of asking Greig + 1st for taking Zaitsev but then disappears when it's 2nd + 4th

I definitely can see kubalik, but it just seems weird to ship a guy out after acquiring him, especially after if he's already settled in the two months span since trading him. But like Green said, business is business.

Either way I can't see Pinto being unsigned much longer, whether he takes an insane discount or the Sens ship out one of the mentioned players.
    25 sept. 2023 à 9 h 53
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
    Not sure TB has 260k cap space nevermind 2.6 million.pass.

I just picked a random contending team, forgot to mention that.
    gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
    25 sept. 2023 à 13 h 15
    Quoting: GrittyGucci
    I definitely can see kubalik, but it just seems weird to ship a guy out after acquiring him, especially after if he's already settled in the two months span since trading him. But like Green said, business is business.

Either way I can't see Pinto being unsigned much longer, whether he takes an insane discount or the Sens ship out one of the mentioned players.

I think they are trying to convince Pinto to sign a 1 year cheap deal. The young man has to understand that it could pay off from him as well (that's his agent's job)

2023-24 : 1.0 AAV
    2024-25 to 2029-30 : 5.0 AAV

2023-24 + 2024-25 : 6.0 (instead of getting 2.5 x 2 years now)

He can sign a long term deal as early as January, which is in 3 months...

Regarding Kubalik, you're right that it'd be a bit of jerk move now that he has settled. He should have been moved right away when Tarasenko was signed, but I'd guess that Dorion didn't like the return, that he couldn't get a 2nd round pick due to the massive cap crunch so he's a bit stuck with that. Hard to "save face" by trading either Kubalik or Joseph

The thing is in the end of the day, Kubalik hasn't played a single game with this team and is UFA at the end of the year (Sens need to invest their cap space in a long term Pinto extension and a top-6 forward to upgrade Tarasenko). Joseph is a top PK forward and not just on the Sens, league wide. Plus, his ES defense is good and his ES production is underrated because he didn't score an ES goal last year.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage