Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion - The Treleafs

14 sept. 2023 à 17 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,077
Modifié 14 sept. 2023 à 19 h 1
Quoting: MatthewsFan
So the man who had the role of Goaltender Evaluation and Development wouldn’t have played a role in those selections

The guy had that job for 1 year 2022-2023

Most of those guys were brought in before he got the job

He was Marlies HC most of the time he was here (2018-2021)

https://www.eliteprospects.com/staff/14355/jon-elkin

Now if he was that guy from 2018 sure he would credit but he wasnt lul

In general Leafs need a Director of Goaltending who should have honestly been here years ago. He was temporary we need a long term solution
15 sept. 2023 à 17 h 42
Hakuna Matata
https://twitter.com/GotYerBackPod/status/1702743610804887938?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1702746243779514827%7Ctwgr%5E3026d90bddc4c00cf3fc150556d1988e3d66ad6b%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnhltradetalk.com%2Fmaple-leafs-looking-for-jack-eichel-like-trade%2F

Basically a 1st + 2nd + top 9 player on a good contract + 1st round prospect (If using Eichel trade as example)

Honestly to me Willy in a sign and trade for Pesce and Necas still just makes to much sense for both sides
15 sept. 2023 à 18 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,096
Quoting: aadoyle
https://twitter.com/GotYerBackPod/status/1702743610804887938?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1702746243779514827%7Ctwgr%5E3026d90bddc4c00cf3fc150556d1988e3d66ad6b%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnhltradetalk.com%2Fmaple-leafs-looking-for-jack-eichel-like-trade%2F

Basically a 1st + 2nd + top 9 player on a good contract + 1st round prospect (If using Eichel trade as example)

Honestly to me Willy in a sign and trade for Pesce and Necas still just makes to much sense for both sides

Still don't understand the infatuation with either of those two. Pesce would be cool, but the blue line is crowded as is and he is a pure rental. Definitely would not want him being the main piece. I guarantee Necas would take 500 steps back in a different system, he is a product of Rod's hockey machine over in Raleigh. I'd be looking for guys almost as good as Nylander that fill entirely different niches and a young NHL player. Think what Tuch is to Eichel, or what Hanifin was to Hamilton.

If we do go down the Pesce route, I'd want a Morrow or a Nikishin attached to him. If Vancouver becomes a buyer, something like Garland and Lekkerimaki could be interesting. I also really like the idea of Tomasino. There are plenty of decent packages to be had, but I really dislike the idea of Necas. Im just hoping we get Nylander resigned
15 sept. 2023 à 18 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Still don't understand the infatuation with either of those two. Pesce would be cool, but the blue line is crowded as is and he is a pure rental. Definitely would not want him being the main piece. I guarantee Necas would take 500 steps back in a different system, he is a product of Rod's hockey machine over in Raleigh. I'd be looking for guys almost as good as Nylander that fill entirely different niches and a young NHL player. Think what Tuch is to Eichel, or what Hanifin was to Hamilton.

If we do go down the Pesce route, I'd want a Morrow or a Nikishin attached to him. If Vancouver becomes a buyer, something like Garland and Lekkerimaki could be interesting. I also really like the idea of Tomasino. There are plenty of decent packages to be had, but I really dislike the idea of Necas. Im just hoping we get Nylander resigned

Necas is a solid player and I feel would be an excellent addition for this team also lets be honest would probs cost around 6-7m to extend on an 8 year deal

Pesce would then be paired with Rielly and we go

Rielly-Pesce
Brodie-Klingberg
McCabe-Liligren
Gio

As in the end Toronto should not be going for prospects but instead NHL ready or established players (can include ELC prospects who have established in NHL). Leave the picks for that

The Eichel, PLD, and Tkachuck trades have set the bar on what you should go after rather than just hope on a bunch of futures.
15 sept. 2023 à 18 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Necas is a solid player and I feel would be an excellent addition for this team also lets be honest would probs cost around 6-7m to extend on an 8 year deal

Pesce would then be paired with Rielly and we go

Rielly-Pesce
Brodie-Klingberg
McCabe-Liligren
Gio

As in the end Toronto should not be going for prospects but instead NHL ready or established players (can include ELC prospects who have established in NHL). Leave the picks for that

The Eichel, PLD, and Tkachuck trades have set the bar on what you should go after rather than just hope on a bunch of futures.

The Eichel and PLD trades are great comps. The difference is that in both cases, the receiving team wasn't adding an older pending UFA. They got younger and stayed just as good. If our Nylander trade looks something like PLD for Vilardi, I will be extremely happy. Huge pass on Pesce and Necas
15 sept. 2023 à 18 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 15 sept. 2023 à 19 h 5
The Eichel and PLD trades are great comps. The difference is that in both cases, the receiving team wasn't adding an older pending UFA. They got younger and stayed just as good. If our Nylander trade looks something like PLD for Vilardi, I will be extremely happy. Huge pass on Pesce and Necas

Your loss as that would be the best return Toronto would get in a sign and trade Willy deal anything less would be bad for the Leafs as there isnt another team I could see match or top that kind of offer

As adding a 28 goal scorer and top 4 RD for Willy seems perfect but oh well lul. Only risk would have been one was a UFA and the other could demand 8m

Cause in the end I agree with Masters going for current NHLers over futures seems perfect unless you have an immediate plan to flip which is unlikely. Like Van wont give us Lekkerimaki yes he was a first round prospect but he was drafted last year.

Probs would give us something like Garland + Hoglander and picks for him
16 sept. 2023 à 10 h 10
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,672
Just been thinking.

What would Taylor Hall's deadline value be half retained?

1.5 years of Hall at 3aav isn't bad
16 sept. 2023 à 13 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Just been thinking.

Honestly might be a stretch but considering where Boston could be heading it could be possible at TDL

Find a way to add Marchand.

That guy along with Domi, Bertuzzi, Reaves, etc will make this team such a piece of **** to play against.

Imagine come playoff time

Marchand-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-JT-Nylander
Knies-Domi-Jarnkrok
Lafferty-Kampf-Reaves
oneX a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2023 à 14 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Honestly might be a stretch but considering where Boston could be heading it could be possible at TDL

That guy along with Domi, Bertuzzi, Reaves, etc will make this team such a piece of **** to play against.

Marchand-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-JT-Nylander
Knies-Domi-Jarnkrok
Lafferty-Kampf-Reaves

I agree with you. That is a stretch
16 sept. 2023 à 14 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Just been thinking.

Don't hate the idea, but I almost wonder about adding that Bedard kid. Seems like he's not half bad and we'd be doing the Hawks a favor by taking on that awful contract. Could be a nice gamble
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2023 à 1 h 18
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,637

Marchand-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-JT-Nylander
Knies-Domi-Jarnkrok
Lafferty-Kampf-Reaves

I like the idea of Marchand. It's the kind of player needed on this roster but not sure how to go about adding him.
18 sept. 2023 à 13 h 32
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,760
Quoting: oneX
I like the idea of Marchand. It's the kind of player needed on this roster but not sure how to go about adding him.

Cap wise... does not seem possible.
Maybe if injuries?
But then sell the farm? Not sure I'm interested but ill listen.
18 sept. 2023 à 23 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Domi and Marner is going to be such a dangerous duo this year. I'd honestly be intrigued to see a lineup of:

Domi - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Bertuzzi
Jarnkrok - Gregor - Nylander
McMann - Kampf - Reaves
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2023 à 0 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 sept. 2023 à 0 h 44
Domi and Marner is going to be such a dangerous duo this year. I'd honestly be intrigued to see a lineup of:

Domi - Matthews - Marner
McMann - Kampf - Reaves

Gregor really isnt the best choice for a 3c. Look at his stats vs. Domi and its pretty evident who should be 3c as he only did 16 faceoffs last year with a record of 49 back in 2021.

Got a feeling its gonna be

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-JT-Marner
Knies-Domi-McMann
Lafferty-Kampf-Reaves

In general idk if Gregor makes it and should he as to me hes no different than what we got or hope one of McMann or Steeves can be. Man to me Bailey or Heinen would have been better PTO's one knows JT the other would have been a nice Jarnkrok replacement to allow space to bring in Bear.
19 sept. 2023 à 10 h 32
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,232

Domi - Matthews - Marner
McMann - Kampf - Reaves

I like it, but at this point I feel like there has to be a Jarkrok trade before the season, no?
19 sept. 2023 à 12 h 10
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Saskleaf
I like it, but at this point I feel like there has to be a Jarkrok trade before the season, no?

God I hope not.
Saskleaf et leafs101 a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2023 à 12 h 16
hey look a squirrel
Modifié 19 sept. 2023 à 12 h 40
Just want gaugue input but considering how the Babcock situation played out now, is any possibility of coach Q return done and dead???
19 sept. 2023 à 13 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 sept. 2023 à 13 h 21
Quoting: Trickster
Just want gaugue input but considering how the Babcock situation played out now, is any possibility of coach Q return done and dead???

Well he did go to a coaches meeting a week ago voluntarily to talk about the Beach situation and what was learned from it. Bettman has not said anything but honestly would not be surprised if he is reinstated in 2024 or 2025 but is on a very short leash. Cause when you listen to Bettman's quote

"I will require a meeting with me in advance of their accepting any NHL club-related position in order to determine the appropriate conditions under which such new employment might take place." seems like if a job is out there its not an immediate no. As other than the Beach situation where he did a cover up we never heard Quenville doing stuff like Babcock was doing (wanting to see photos, embarrassing players, sitting guys out when their families came, etc). Probs wont be a HC anymore though but an assistant as that way less likely to do a coverup but considering what he already went through dont think he would keep quiet if another incident occurred.

But yea the whole Babcock thing was different as when you hear about him every team from ANA to now CBJ you heard about him doing these weird things to players from photo's to making lists of who you think is lazy and presenting them to the team naming the person who wrote it.

Guy should never have come back as hes just lost with the times and now holds NHL record for shortest tenure coach in the NHL
19 sept. 2023 à 14 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Well he did go to a coaches meeting a week ago voluntarily to talk about the Beach situation and what was learned from it. Bettman has not said anything but honestly would not be surprised if he is reinstated in 2024 or 2025 but is on a very short leash. Cause when you listen to Bettman's quote

"I will require a meeting with me in advance of their accepting any NHL club-related position in order to determine the appropriate conditions under which such new employment might take place." seems like if a job is out there its not an immediate no. As other than the Beach situation where he did a cover up we never heard Quenville doing stuff like Babcock was doing (wanting to see photos, embarrassing players, sitting guys out when their families came, etc). Probs wont be a HC anymore though but an assistant as that way less likely to do a coverup but considering what he already went through dont think he would keep quiet if another incident occurred.

But yea the whole Babcock thing was different as when you hear about him every team from ANA to now CBJ you heard about him doing these weird things to players from photo's to making lists of who you think is lazy and presenting them to the team naming the person who wrote it.

Guy should never have come back as hes just lost with the times and now holds NHL record for shortest tenure coach in the NHL

Mike Babcock is a bully. His coaching tactics are outdated and he is not a great dude.

That being said, the things I just read are baffling. "Other than being a bystander and enabling the sexual abuse of one of this players, Q isn't really that bad." I don't think you realise how bad the Beach stuff is. Quenneville is a disgusting human being with no empathy whatsoever and apparently no remorse either. He told the media he had no idea about what was going on, only for that to be disproved. He lied and plead ignorance to cover his own ass. He doesn't EVER deserve another shot in the league. He's a garbage leader who doesn't give a s*** about his guys well beings and fosters a toxic environment
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2023 à 14 h 20
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,672
I love how the Canucks bought out OEL just to barley be under the cap, just for them to go back over the cap thanks to an injury apparently becoming healthy lmao.
It only gets worse from here!
19 sept. 2023 à 14 h 55
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,232
God I hope not.

Better than a Brodie trade
19 sept. 2023 à 15 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
God I hope not.

he can play literally any line 1-4 and not be completely out of place, agreed would be a bad move
Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2023 à 17 h 20
hey look a squirrel
I love how the Canucks bought out OEL just to barley be under the cap, just for them to go back over the cap thanks to an injury apparently becoming healthy lmao.
It only gets worse from here!

I'd take Pearson half retained for maybe Lafferty and Timmins
19 sept. 2023 à 17 h 26
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Saskleaf
Better than a Brodie trade

Trading Brodie would not good considering who have on D right now.

Aff move Lafferty and Timmins first though.
In a parallel reality I'd want to keep Timmins.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2023 à 17 h 50
Hakuna Matata
I'd take Pearson half retained for maybe Lafferty and Timmins

**** no lul

Would rather keep Lafferty than that guy
Random2152 et leafs101 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire