SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Anthony Deangelo (1 Year / $1,675,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 juill. 2023 à 21 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,959
Modifié 24 juill. 2023 à 21 h 27
Quoting: NHLfan10506
in no particular order....
Carolina (he stays)
Florida (seriously look at their blueline right now)
Pittsburgh

Florida has to many Dman rn especially once Ekblad and Montour comeback.

Reilly
Kulikov
Mikkolla
OEL
Forsling
Mahura
Montour
Ekblad

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkolla-Montour
OEL-Reilly

Extras: Kulikov, Mahura

If Carolina cant work on an extension they want to move him or else lose him for nothing like Hamilton

Pittsburgh doesnt have the cap space nor anything Carolina would want plus divisional rivalry

Meanwhile Toronto has something Carolina wants WN, SEA has cap space and some nice forwards (Bjorkstrand, Burakovsky, Eberle, etc), and NSH seems to be in no mans land where they are adding and subtracting
24 juill. 2023 à 21 h 31
Miss YA Killer
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,430
Modifié 24 juill. 2023 à 21 h 44
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
It's only a 1-year deal, so he won't get bought out a third time.

On a side note, if a player gets bought out and then resigned, anything above the buriable amount should be forgiven as a cap hit. You still have to pay the cash, but you don't get as large of a cap hit.

That makes less than zero sense. Seriously, why should a team get bonus cap space for signing a bought out player? Did you really logically think that through before posting? It should cost a team 2 cap dollars for everyone over the buriable amount you should be punished rather than rewarded for being bought out the player gets rewarded because teams would throw a boat load at a player knowing it only costs 1.2 ? That's an utterly mind-boggling concept
24 juill. 2023 à 21 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,232
Quoting: BCAPP
Re the power play merchant. He's 7th in even strength points/60 by a defenseman in the last 4 years. He's a talented player. Wouldn't want him on my team because of the rest but on the ice he has skill

RBA has shown that he's been able to keep him in check and the guys in the locker room like him so I really wouldn't be worried about the Off Ice Stuff
24 juill. 2023 à 22 h 44
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
What off-ice or locker room issues did he have in Philly? Where is all this garbage about 'character' coming from?
vmark a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2023 à 23 h 56
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 39
Anyone saying no shouldn't let their biases get in the way.
vmark a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2023 à 0 h 34
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Quoting: kaljakori
By default not a good contract because it's TDA. I don't care by this point. Everywhere he's gone, he's either been a disgusting human being, a locker room cancer or clashed with the coaching staff. Also Torts didn't lie(or exaggerate for once) when he said TDA can't play defense. And on top of all that, he's a bit of a powerplay merchant too.

Just too many risks and factors against him by this point imo. Even if he has learned to keep his mouth shut in the public.

In Carolina, at least to my knowledge, the drama was almost nonexistent
25 juill. 2023 à 0 h 41
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: Missouri
Not unless we have something to say about that.

Oh we will. I'm going to post something about it in the Pens area of the site, he's as good as ours
Missouri a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2023 à 1 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: Brian2016
What off-ice or locker room issues did he have in Philly? Where is all this garbage about 'character' coming from?

I'm pretty sure there were "character" issues/concerns leading to him being dumped by all of Tampa, Arizona, and the nyr despite playing well on the ice. I don't know about anything from Philly one way or the other. Apparently torts was dissatisfied with his play on the ice.

But yeah the character concerns have clear origins
M_Swann, AK50, CSStrowbridge and 2 others a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2023 à 1 h 38
Quoting: vmark
It's because he's conservative. People called him racist for awhile. Lots of his teammates had his back since. Doesn't seem like there's a fire where that smoke was coming from.

The Rangers waived him in 2021 in February because of too many incidents and wouldn't even let him near their ahl team. They bought him out when able in July. This is not some witch hunt against conservative people. They wanted him out of their organization.

Similarly Tampa dumped him to zona despite him looking like a quality prospect for off ice concerns reportedly.
M_Swann, harry_wagstaff, AK50 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2023 à 1 h 49
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Massive W since this keeps Hurricanes front office from trading for EK65.
nickalleye et vmark a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2023 à 2 h 35
ButIActLikeIDid
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 37
In what world this is a no?
25 juill. 2023 à 2 h 37
ButIActLikeIDid
Quoting: aadoyle
Florida has to many Dman rn especially once Ekblad and Montour comeback.

Reilly
Kulikov
Mikkolla
OEL
Forsling
Mahura
Montour
Ekblad

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkolla-Montour
OEL-Reilly

Extras: Kulikov, Mahura

If Carolina cant work on an extension they want to move him or else lose him for nothing like Hamilton

Pittsburgh doesnt have the cap space nor anything Carolina would want plus divisional rivalry

Meanwhile Toronto has something Carolina wants WN, SEA has cap space and some nice forwards (Bjorkstrand, Burakovsky, Eberle, etc), and NSH seems to be in no mans land where they are adding and subtracting

Florida needs depth because those guys get injured every year.
25 juill. 2023 à 5 h 19
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
The Rangers waived him in 2021 in February because of too many incidents and wouldn't even let him near their ahl team. They bought him out when able in July. This is not some witch hunt against conservative people. They wanted him out of their organization.

Similarly Tampa dumped him to zona despite him looking like a quality prospect for off ice concerns reportedly.

I'm still not hearing any specifics. When. you (not you personally) attack someone's character, there should be specific evidence, no? The only thing I remember from NY was a fight with Georgiev and an internet hoax involving K'Andre Miller. Nothing I've seen or heard tells me the Phi buyout had anything to do with off-ice issues. It seemed to be a hockey decision. Seems to. me like he has a history of underperformance, not character issues.
25 juill. 2023 à 6 h 57
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,272
Paying a very good top 4 offensive defender 1.6 Million to play on your 3rd pairing is a steal.
25 juill. 2023 à 8 h 42
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Welcome home Tony Angels!
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.7525ee4294c3bccbbf6eb47c4bab66ab?rik=c0%2fc%2bN2u%2fXSQ%2fQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.iltatuaggiodistoffa.net%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2012%2f09%2fBentornati-Welcome-back.jpg&ehk=eE4FA4PgsS5X2c6k6HPPpA5hoMI%2bOgeUq%2fYbxMcSJP0%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
25 juill. 2023 à 8 h 45
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Welcome home Tony Angels!

R.7525ee4294c3bccbbf6eb47c4bab66ab?rik=c0%2Fc%2BN2u%2FXSQ%2FQ&riu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iltatuaggiodistoffa.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F09%2FBentornati-Welcome-back.jpg&ehk=eE4FA4PgsS5X2c6k6HPPpA5hoMI%2BOgeUq%2FYbxMcSJP0%3D&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
25 juill. 2023 à 8 h 52
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
needed to tack on the extra 75,000 to not be too on the nose
M_Swann a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2023 à 9 h 5
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 454
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
It's only a 1-year deal, so he won't get bought out a third time.

On a side note, if a player gets bought out and then resigned, anything above the buriable amount should be forgiven as a cap hit. You still have to pay the cash, but you don't get as large of a cap hit.

if they get bought out then they were overpaid, if he is only worth league min they should have paid him league min.
25 juill. 2023 à 9 h 20
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 24
I'm still not hearing any specifics. When. you (not you personally) attack someone's character, there should be specific evidence, no? The only thing I remember from NY was a fight with Georgiev and an internet hoax involving K'Andre Miller. Nothing I've seen or heard tells me the Phi buyout had anything to do with off-ice issues. It seemed to be a hockey decision. Seems to. me like he has a history of underperformance, not character issues.

He was suspended from his junior team for calling a teammate a slur.
M_Swann et CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2023 à 10 h 9
ButIActLikeIDid
This should also boost Aho powerplay scoring
25 juill. 2023 à 10 h 23
JT Miller for Hart
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 715
Quoting: Caniac2000
Absolutely good signing.

Carolina get a much needed PPQB because Burns had issues, and someone that can sit next to Orlov and be babysat. He behaved himself last time, so this is an absolutely fine bet. This Blueline is now HANDS DOWN the best in hockey

Really?(I agree that the blue line is one of the best in the NHL but, what issues did Burns have, I thought he was great)
25 juill. 2023 à 10 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,032
Quoting: AK50
Really?(I agree that the blue line is one of the best in the NHL but, what issues did Burns have, I thought he was great)

Burns is very much a one-trick pony with that howitzer of a shot. He's not so great at moving the puck around to create openings and the best PP the Canes have had possibly ever was actually when DeAngelo was the QB. If the Canes can get the powerplay from where it was to top 5, they become a dominant force in all 3 phases of the game (ES, PP, PK).
25 juill. 2023 à 11 h 36

It's unlikely we'll ever get the full details of any incident until many years later in biographies and the like, but there is a lot of smoke of teams wanting nothing to do with him. Reportedly Tampa wanted to dump his rights for character reasons. As above NYR wanted him out of the organization and not even playing with their ahl team. That suggests there are issues with who he is. If you're looking for incontrovertible proof you won't be able to find it. But there is a lot of smoke here to use the analogy you mentioned earlier
harry_wagstaff et M_Swann a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2023 à 13 h 2
IG vincemark78
Mentions "j'aime": 86

The way he was portrayed in the media, as racist and whatnot, was a witch hunt scenario due to his political beliefs. I didn't say the Rangers bought him out because of his political views, but they were also under pressure from the media after it came out that he made fun of Georgiev, or whatever.

The Rangers suck though. Let's not forget Trouba is their captain and both Kakko and Lafreniere are busts.

Plenty of his teammates have gone on record saying he is a good teammate. Carolina just signed him again... not at 5M a year though.

I see nothing wrong here and I think he gets too much hate from people on the internet who have no idea what they're talking about.
25 juill. 2023 à 13 h 6
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476

1. In Philly the source of the drama should be obvious

2. How long have you been watching hockey? His off ice issue were well documented

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage