SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Anthony Deangelo (1 Year / $1,675,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

26 juill. 2023 à 1 h 15
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: Brian2016
I vividly remember that phony outrage when the K'Andre Miller hoax was perpetrated. But I don't think he was targeted for being conservative, per se. I'm sure the great majority of hockey players lean conservative, if they have any political ideology at all. I think he was targeted here and elsewhere for spending a little too much time on social media looking for trouble. But that's not what got him waived.

All I remember is seeing that he said something about Trump or a Republican candidate and him being slandered shortly thereafter, and also losing his job in a way that was weird. Someone else mentioned the team not wanting him to report to the AHL team... this is what I mean; he was excommunicated from the NHL. Actually, before Carolina signed him after the buyout, people were openly questioning if he could still be good.

Lol.

But yeah, I saw some stuff from his teammates talking about him, and seeing that he would volunteer his time at a local ice rink, and it made me realize that he's a good dude who was getting blasted by the media unfairly.

Clearly that bias lingers to this day.
26 juill. 2023 à 1 h 19
IG vincemark78
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
This only makes sense if you consider "being racist" a political belief.

I don't think this guy is racist but hey, let's hear what he actually said? Or just assume something about a person without actually knowing?
26 juill. 2023 à 8 h 36
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 230
Quoting: vmark
I don't think this guy is racist but hey, let's hear what he actually said? Or just assume something about a person without actually knowing?

At a 3M discount.... if he aint no pedobear or a rapist.
26 juill. 2023 à 9 h 0
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
But yeah, I saw some stuff from his teammates talking about him, and seeing that he would volunteer his time at a local ice rink, and it made me realize that he's a good dude who was getting blasted by the media unfairly.

I have a bridge to sell you.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2023 à 14 h 13
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,144
Oh we will. I'm going to post something about it in the Pens area of the site, he's as good as ours

Not sure if I quite like it exactly but as long as it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, we’ll be good
26 juill. 2023 à 17 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855

He was suspended in junior for saying racist slurs, but sure, defend the guy. That won't make you look bad.
harry_wagstaff a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2023 à 17 h 28
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
All I remember is seeing that he said something about Trump or a Republican candidate and him being slandered shortly thereafter...

There's nothing quite as powerful and the conservative victim complex.
seanrushton et harry_wagstaff a aimé ceci.
27 juill. 2023 à 0 h 27
IG vincemark78
Quoting: Missouri
Not sure if I quite like it exactly but as long as it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, we’ll be good

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/748128

check it out. this is basically how it happens
Missouri a aimé ceci.
27 juill. 2023 à 0 h 27
IG vincemark78
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
He was suspended in junior for saying racist slurs, but sure, defend the guy. That won't make you look bad.

lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage