Forums/Armchair-GM

only way to get rid of Petry

Créé par: jfthsaqw
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 13 juill. 2023
Publié: 13 juill. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
That bottom6 looks horrible. hopefully Carter taps out and get placed on LTIR. Some good free agents still out there
Transactions
PIT
    Chicago is the only option to dump Petry. Detroit or Columbus doesnt want him.
    CHI
    1. Petry, Jeff
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
    Détails additionnels:
    Chicago is closer to Ann arbor than Pittsburgh.
    PIT
    1. Karlsson, Erik (3 500 000 $ retained)
    Détails additionnels:
    Sharks need to retain if they want to make a deal
    SJS
    1. Granlund, Mikael
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
    Détails additionnels:
    add more picks if it isnt enough
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2383 500 000 $80 341 842 $0 $0 $3 158 158 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
    AD, C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    Logo de Sharks de San Jose
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    825 000 $825 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    13 juill. 2023 à 16 h 19
    Banni
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,418
    That's a massive price to get Karlsson. I wouldn't do that if I'm Dubas.
    13 juill. 2023 à 16 h 21
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 373
    I don’t see them dealing a first rounder to be rid of Petry. I think they’ll walk away from the Karlsson deal before they do that, and rightfully so.
    jfkst1 et jfthsaqw a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 16 h 22
    CCM46
    Rejoint: oct. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 246
    I don't think more picks is the way to go here. I think including the likes of Blomqvist (goalie prospect SJS could use), Poulin (mid forward prospect), POJ/Smith (One of them is a causality here the other one is 3rd pair LHD), and the picks listed could do the trick. Then sending one of the goalies down and signing of O'Connor and I think that would cover it

Also don't think a 1st is needed to get rid of Petry if he waives I think a 3rd would be fine
    13 juill. 2023 à 16 h 23
    Rejoint: mars 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,860
    So San Jose has two options here:

Pay Karlsson $11.5 million per year or pay Mikael Granlund $8.5 million per year and get a couple of picks to boot.

The first one seems a lot better.
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 16 h 24
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,583
    Hawks say yes....but can't see the Sharks doing anything like that. Granlund is easily a 2nd to dump and a 1st for EK with that much retention (14 million) won't happen. Granlund might be a way to have San jose not retain as much by taking him back instead, but this is masssive retention and taking a ****ty contract back.
    Hawksguy81 et SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 16 h 24
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Mentions "j'aime": 26,617
    Sharks don't "want to make a deal," they'd like to make a deal if it gives them sufficient future benefits to justify giving up Erik Karlsson. There's a subtle but definitive difference between the two motivations. But the entire Karlsson situation has been the usual victim of "info creep": what has gone from Mike Grier acknowledging that it might be in San Jose's interest to trade him now, and Erik Karlsson's acknowledgment that he might be open to being traded to a destination of his approval, has morphed into a perception that Karlsson has "demanded" a trade and that the Sharks have now got to trade him.
    goodfella et Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 16 h 29
    Grierless Sharks Fan
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 963
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    Sharks don't "want to make a deal," they'd like to make a deal if it gives them sufficient future benefits to justify giving up Erik Karlsson. There's a subtle but definitive difference between the two motivations. But the entire Karlsson situation has been the usual victim of "info creep": what has gone from Mike Grier acknowledging that it might be in San Jose's interest to trade him now, and Erik Karlsson's acknowledgment that he might be open to being traded to a destination of his approval, has morphed into a perception that Karlsson has "demanded" a trade and that the Sharks have now got to trade him.

THANK YOU
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 16 h 34
    Banni
    Quoting: sens65
    So San Jose has two options here:

Pay Karlsson $11.5 million per year or pay Mikael Granlund $8.5 million per year and get a couple of picks to boot.

The first one seems a lot better.

You're either very poor at math, or very disingenuous. The option would be pay Karlsson $39m in his salary over the next four years of rebuilding AND getting zero useful asset for the rebuild. OR pay Granlund and salary retention on Karlsson for $22m over four years of rebuilding and get useful futures to help in the rebuild. Only missed that minor $17m cost difference for ownership. Might be a bit of a relevant factor for Grier on that.
    13 juill. 2023 à 17 h 12
    Rejoint: mai 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 610
    Quoting: HulkVader
    I don’t see them dealing a first rounder to be rid of Petry. I think they’ll walk away from the Karlsson deal before they do that, and rightfully so.

I agree the Hawks would do this. I'm unsure the Hawks accept anything less than a first-rounder from PIT to assume Petry's cash layout (which matches his $6.25mm/yr) for two years. Even assuming they'd buy out Zaitsev to help with the math, that's still upwards of $10mm in cash over two years for a player who'll be long gone by the time the Hawks are relevant again. Unless the Penguins are willing to discuss including Yager to the Hawks to make it work, I have a hard time seeing it happen for less than a first round pick. And if I'm PIT, there's NO WAY I part with Yager.

The Hawks have the space AND are indeed closer to Ann Arbor (I think? Still 250 miles.). Gonna take some magic from SJS and PIT to make it work.... May not be possible.

GLTA!
    Hawksguy81 et SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 17 h 14
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Quoting: jfkst1
    You're either very poor at math, or very disingenuous. The option would be pay Karlsson $39m in his salary over the next four years of rebuilding AND getting zero useful asset for the rebuild. OR pay Granlund and salary retention on Karlsson for $22m over four years of rebuilding and get useful futures to help in the rebuild. Only missed that minor $17m cost difference for ownership. Might be a bit of a relevant factor for Grier on that.

Why is THAT assumption suddenly part of the equation?!?!? You think that this is the ONLY opportunity San Jose will have to get a first, a second and a cap dump for Erik Karlsson?
    13 juill. 2023 à 17 h 29
    Quoting: LivingAnew
    I agree the Hawks would do this. I'm unsure the Hawks accept anything less than a first-rounder from PIT to assume Petry's cash layout (which matches his $6.25mm/yr) for two years. Even assuming they'd buy out Zaitsev to help with the math, that's still upwards of $10mm in cash over two years for a player who'll be long gone by the time the Hawks are relevant again. Unless the Penguins are willing to discuss including Yager to the Hawks to make it work, I have a hard time seeing it happen for less than a first round pick. And if I'm PIT, there's NO WAY I part with Yager.

The Hawks have the space AND are indeed closer to Ann Arbor (I think? Still 250 miles.). Gonna take some magic from SJS and PIT to make it work.... May not be possible.

GLTA!

Chicago is one of the teams that worries less about cash than cap. Huge market, they’re very profitable and will continue to sell loads of tickets now with Bedard in the fold. Fit does matter, but a guy like Bedard accelerates a rebuild. At any rate, Chicago isn’t going to volunteer to take Petry, that much is certain. I just wouldn’t deal a first for it. If my only choices were deal a first to dump Petry or walk away from Karlsson, I’m walking away, especially considering they’ll have to deal another first to get EK.
    jfkst1 et LivingAnew a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 17 h 30
    Banni
    Why is THAT assumption suddenly part of the equation?!?!? You think that this is the ONLY opportunity San Jose will have to get a first, a second and a cap dump for Erik Karlsson?

Karlsson has had ONE good season in the last four. If his next season is anything like 2020, 21, 22 then they are getting a Burns-like return for him at best.
    13 juill. 2023 à 17 h 30
    Démarrer sujet
    dvddd
    Rejoint: oct. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 5

Karlsson is a Norris trophy winner and 33 years old with 4 years remaining on his contract. 1 year ago nobody would touch Karlsson even with retention. The value will never be higher than what it is now. San jose is a small market who doesnt generate much money now that they are in a rebuild. Keeping Karlsson doesnt make sense for what Sharks want to do. They want to tank and save as much money as possible. Every GM knows this and maybe thats why Grier havent dealt him yet.
    jfkst1 a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 17 h 32
    Banni
    Quoting: jfthsaqw
    Karlsson is a Norris trophy winner and 33 years old with 4 years remaining on his contract. 1 year ago nobody would touch Karlsson even with retention. The value will never be higher than what it is now. San jose is a small market who doesnt generate much money now that they are in a rebuild. Keeping Karlsson doesnt make sense for what Sharks want to do. They want to tank and save as much money as possible. Every GM knows this and maybe thats why Grier havent dealt him yet.

Exacerbated by the fact that GMs know Karlsson can entirely dictate if and where he is traded to.
    13 juill. 2023 à 17 h 33
    Once a Kings Fan Too

My point exactly. That's why he's not going for a first, a second, and a cap dump.
    13 juill. 2023 à 17 h 53
    Démarrer sujet
    dvddd
    Rejoint: oct. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 5
    Quoting: HulkVader
    Chicago is one of the teams that worries less about cash than cap. Huge market, they’re very profitable and will continue to sell loads of tickets now with Bedard in the fold. Fit does matter, but a guy like Bedard accelerates a rebuild. At any rate, Chicago isn’t going to volunteer to take Petry, that much is certain. I just wouldn’t deal a first for it. If my only choices were deal a first to dump Petry or walk away from Karlsson, I’m walking away, especially considering they’ll have to deal another first to get EK.

How serious are PIT really? Do they want to go for it while Sid(36), Geno (36) and Letang (36) are still playing or no? If you hold on to Petry, you waste 1 or 2 years. Hawks would do PIT a favour for taking a 1st for Petry. Im not even sure if PIT makes the playoffs with the current roster. I thought they were going all in to win the cup, not for making the playoffs and be happy
    13 juill. 2023 à 18 h 51

I'm talking about the cap hits. Karlsson has four years left at $11.5 million, which equals a $46 million cap hit. Granlund makes $5 million for the next two years, plus the $3.5 retention, equals paying Granlund $8.5 million for the next two years.
    13 juill. 2023 à 18 h 59
    Banni
    How serious are PIT really? Do they want to go for it while Sid(36), Geno (36) and Letang (36) are still playing or no? If you hold on to Petry, you waste 1 or 2 years. Hawks would do PIT a favour for taking a 1st for Petry. Im not even sure if PIT makes the playoffs with the current roster. I thought they were going all in to win the cup, not for making the playoffs and be happy

Granlund or Carter is worth a 1st to dump. Petry is a plenty capable player. Much better cap value than Bailey. Probably about a million overpaid but a capable 2RD and paired very effectively with Pettersson.
    13 juill. 2023 à 19 h 3
    Banni
    Quoting: sens65
    I'm talking about the cap hits. Karlsson has four years left at $11.5 million, which equals a $46 million cap hit. Granlund makes $5 million for the next two years, plus the $3.5 retention, equals paying Granlund $8.5 million for the next two years.

Cap hits is a pointless comparison. Particularly when only accounting for two instead of four years. SJ Ownership wants lower expenses while rebuilding and future assets to expedite the rebuild.
    13 juill. 2023 à 19 h 38

I can’t answer how serious they are, I’ve not been invited to the meetings.
    jfkst1 a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 19 h 39
    Granlund or Carter is worth a 1st to dump. Petry is a plenty capable player. Much better cap value than Bailey. Probably about a million overpaid but a capable 2RD and paired very effectively with Pettersson.

I’d buyout Granny before dealing a first to move him.
    jfkst1 a aimé ceci.
    13 juill. 2023 à 19 h 52
    Cap hits is a pointless comparison. Particularly when only accounting for two instead of four years. SJ Ownership wants lower expenses while rebuilding and future assets to expedite the rebuild.

Cap hits are all that matters from a hockey perspective.
    14 juill. 2023 à 0 h 21
    Rejoint: juill. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,214
    Grandund is a cap dump. the 2nd is just to dump him. you are not paying for the player or retention. You do realize overpay Dubas is your GM

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage