SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

New York Islanders signed Julien Gauthier (2 Years / $787,500 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

5 juill. 2023 à 13 h 6
Julien Gauthier has signed a new contract with the New York Islanders.
Contrat standard
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Lou Lamoriello
Durée: 2 ans
Valeur: 1 575 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: UFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 0,94
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Islanders de New YorkIslanders de New York
Date de signature: 5 juill. 2023
Source: CapFriendly

Julien Gauthier a signé un contrat de 2 ans d'une valeur de 1 575 000 $ avec les Islanders de New York, le 5 juill. 2023. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 787 500 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2023-24787 500 $787 500 $0 $0 $775 000 $775 000 $775 000 $
2024-25787 500 $787 500 $0 $0 $800 000 $800 000 $800 000 $
TOTAL1 575 000 $1 575 000 $0 $0 $1 575 000 $1 575 000 $1 575 000 $
5 juill. 2023 à 13 h 10
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,117
5 years too short IMO
5 juill. 2023 à 13 h 21
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,085
Scored a ridiculously stupid goal against the Leafs at the only NHL game I've ever been to lmao

https://youtube.com/shorts/L3Cm6CbKu8I?feature=share
5 juill. 2023 à 14 h 18
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 965
I voted no.

I really like Gauthier as a prospect and giving him a chance is a smart move. But this is a one-way contract for TWO years on a team that has 14 forwards that are fighting for NHL roster spots that are subject to waivers and still have to re-sign Oliver Wahlstrom. Between Gauthier, Wahlstrom, Koivula, and Fasching they are either losing players to waivers or having really expensive players in the AHL (I know their cap hit gets buried but the actual cash). Gauthier is NOT a 4th line type player in the NHL so he has to beat out 3rd liners and this also blocks young guys like Dufour from getting ice time.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2023 à 14 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,065
Quoting: HockeyScotty
I voted no.

I really like Gauthier as a prospect and giving him a chance is a smart move. But this is a one-way contract for TWO years on a team that has 14 forwards that are fighting for NHL roster spots that are subject to waivers and still have to re-sign Oliver Wahlstrom. Between Gauthier, Wahlstrom, Koivula, and Fasching they are either losing players to waivers or having really expensive players in the AHL (I know their cap hit gets buried but the actual cash). Gauthier is NOT a 4th line type player in the NHL so he has to beat out 3rd liners and this also blocks young guys like Dufour from getting ice time.

One way deal only really effects what they pay him in the minors. It's definitely an indication that they expect him to be on the NHL roster, but if not it doesn't matter at all. Who cares if he makes an extra 300k in the minors?
zbrach a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2023 à 14 h 55
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,117
I voted no.

It feels like Lou's trying to catch another Hudson Fasching-type with the trio of deals he signed today. These guys feel like the type of names that get called up when Cal Clutterbuck inevitably needs a 3-4 game stretch off - you can bring up a Gauthier or Kuhlman to get those 8 minutes a night on the 4th line and then just shrug your shoulders if one of them gets claimed going back down to Bridgeport.

The 2 years feels like a Lou thing - he's always signing journeymen types to 2 year deals like this. Andy Andreoff, Cole Bardreau (twice!), and Austin Czarnik all got similar treatment since Lou took over in 2018. I think he just places some value on continuity & culture at the AHL level and latches on to "his guys" for those roles.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2023 à 15 h 39
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 34
I voted no.

I can't see Ledecky losing much sleep over 300k...as long as there's no cap space involved, this nothing more than a low risk flier...
6 juill. 2023 à 5 h 49
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,278
New York Rangers, where young players go to kill their careers. Don't think he'll ever be more than a depth player, but there was once potential, so you never know.
6 juill. 2023 à 19 h 41
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Going to miss Julien. Take good care of him even if you are a rival team.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage