SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Florida Panthers signed Oliver Ekman-Larsson (1 Year / $2,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 juill. 2023 à 13 h 20
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: HelmutCool
Luke Schenn 3x 2,75?
Atleast OEL still can find an opening pass time to time, although you are right he has declined badly in the previous two years.
I still think it was partly due to the pressure of getting paid too much in a way more intense market.
Now he can relax and might actually be worth his paycheck. And 1 year luckily is no big risk.

OEL declined because of injuries, not pressure. He hurt his foot and his speed dropped so much that he was a liability. When he was put on IR, the Canucks got better.
1 juill. 2023 à 17 h 48
hes dynamite
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 36
on the upside, him playing bottom pair minutes will probably be good for him. On the downside, you're paying alot for a bottom pair defenseman
1 juill. 2023 à 18 h 56
A WILD Golden Gopher
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 140
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
Florida is going to be an attractive place to play for a lot of veterans. tax free plus a cup final run will do that. good for OEL

must be nice unsure
1 juill. 2023 à 19 h 0
rangers92
Mentions "j'aime": 27
Low risk high reward. Bill Zito excels at these types of signings
1 juill. 2023 à 19 h 10
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Good signing imo.
1 juill. 2023 à 19 h 18
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
They needed defensive depth. You could do a lot worse than OEL to supplement their awesome trio of Ekblad, Forsling and Montour, especially with Ekblad out the beginning of the year.
1 juill. 2023 à 19 h 30
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
OEL will look a lot better attached to a 2.25m cap hit
1 juill. 2023 à 19 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Definitely overpaid. Not worth dumping Duclair to sign this player who very clearly is bad (which Arizona and Vancouver have experienced first hand)
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2023 à 1 h 52
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 148
One of the worst signings of the day. I thought he would retire rather than face the embarrassment.
2 juill. 2023 à 3 h 30
Quoting: vmark
They needed defensive depth. You could do a lot worse than OEL ...

Really? His on-ice value was $900,000 last year. His on-ice goal differential was 19.4 worse than expected. The Canucks got better when he was in IR.
vmark a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2023 à 3 h 36
Quoting: Brian_O_Blivion
He was a cap casualty and probably buckled under the pressure of his contract. I think he will flourish in Florida

He ... he injured his foot and now he's not fast enough to play in the NHL. This has nothing to do with cap space or pressure.
2 juill. 2023 à 7 h 21
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: drambui
i understand that, so as soon as you are bought out you can sign with another team, no matter the date?

Yes, I believe you can. Once you're bought out, you immediately become an unrestricted free agent, unlike players on expiring contracts, who don't become free agents until July 1.
drambui a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2023 à 7 h 28
Mentions "j'aime": 548
I feel like they did this because of their injury situation. Maybe Ekblad and Montour are going to be out longer than initially thought, and since OEL had experience as a top-pair defenseman they figure he can move up and down the lineup. When Ekblad and Montour come back I guess he becomes and overpaid third-pair guy.
2 juill. 2023 à 11 h 26
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Really? His on-ice value was $900,000 last year. His on-ice goal differential was 19.4 worse than expected. The Canucks got better when he was in IR.

I'm going to be honest, I know nothing about this guy's play since being traded. I just know he was clearly good for awhile on Arizona, and that the contract he signed there wasn't absolutely terrible after he signed it.

Anytime a ceiling is established, I believe the player can find their previous form. I doubt he'll ever score a bunch of goals again, but as far as being someone you can trust to play over 20 min a game, yeah I don't think that's too far off.

Last year in Van, I would say there were some other circumstances with the coaching and the goaltending where maybe it wasn't the best situation for him. I mean he chose to come there, remember, and it immediately lit on fire.

But yeah Florida does need some defensive depth. We'll see how the nice weather and being on a team that just came off a Cup final appearance makes him look.

I'd imagine he would be motivated as well, being on a one year deal.
25 oct. 2023 à 21 h 20
I have a work deadline today, so of course I was looking at hockey stats instead. So far OEL has three points in six games. That's great, right? His on-ice goal differential is 7.3 BELOW expected. And you can't blame the goalies for that, because Florida's goalies have a combined 1.2 saves above expected. So far, this is not a good signing.
25 oct. 2023 à 21 h 49
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
I have a work deadline today, so of course I was looking at hockey stats instead. So far OEL has three points in six games. That's great, right? His on-ice goal differential is 7.3 BELOW expected. And you can't blame the goalies for that, because Florida's goalies have a combined 1.2 saves above expected. So far, this is not a good signing.

So far, he's leading the defense corp in possession, expected goals, and high-danger chances along with poor puck luck (PDO = 0.985). He is also performing better relative to his team in these categories so I'd say this signing has been showing great results.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage