SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #3 - Free Agent Frenzy

One of the more popular debates online recently has been Malkin vs Kane. Who do you guys think had the better career? I'm going with Geno
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,019
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Derek Ryan? They'll re-resign Ryan McLeod for 3C

Formenton will never play in the NHL again. He is almost certainly involved in the 2018 WJC scandal seeing as though the Sens didn't re-sign him even after a decent season on the ice.

Toronto doesn't need another top 6 winger. They need to move Murray and re-sign Samsonov. Then you figure out what the hell is going on with Nylander

If McMann does not adapt Toronto will be potentially eyeing someone on an 800k deal to play with Knies and Domi

Bailey, Heinen, Comtois, Gregor, Suter, Brassard, etc all come to mind

Got a feeling its gonna be Bailey as Toronto was in talks with him

As for EDM

Ryan is gonna probs be playing with Foegele and McLeod as that line had good results together.
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,078
Quoting: aadoyle
If McMann does not adapt Toronto will be potentially eyeing someone on an 800k deal to play with Knies and Domi

Bailey, Heinen, Comtois, Gregor, Suter, Brassard, etc all come to mind

As for EDM

Ryan is gonna probs be playing with Foegele and McLeod as that line had good results together.

Knies - Matthews - Bertuzzi
Domi - Tavares - Marner
Jarnkrok - Holmberg - Nylander
Lafferty - Kampf - Reaves

There's hardly any room for McMann as is. He can rotate with Reaves
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 12
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Domi - Tavares - Marner

What would you Dcore or goaltending look like with this forward group?
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan
What would you Dcore or goaltending look like with this forward group?

Defense group has seen better days. I'd project it to look something like

Rielly - Liljegren
McCabe - Klingberg
Brodie - Timmins
Giordano

Need to clear cap from somewhere to sign Samsonov assuming he comes in at ~4 mil. I doubt it'll come from the forward group, so maybe a Brodie move comes to fruition? I like the player, but 5 mil to play him on the 3rd pair is tough. Could get some value back and replace him with someone like Caleb Jones or Nikita Zadorov retained. I dont think we are going to see the Brodie buyout that Seravalli moronically suggested considering a Matt Murray buyout seems like a forgone conclusion and doing both gives us 4.5 mil in dead cap during the first year of Matthews / Nylander extensions. Plus, he's a positive asset.

I dont want to move the guy, but he just seems like the most likely cap casualty. My guess is that the Leafs are awaiting for Nylander clarity. If he ultimately does get moved, keep Brodie. If we extend him, move Brodie
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Domi - Tavares - Marner

Domi honestly to me was brought in to be the 3c. As he played Center on every team he was in. Maybe he shifts JT to wing but I think the plan is

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Jarnkrok - Tavares - Marner
Knies-Domi-McMann or another RW (one of the guys mentioned)

Also if Holmberg is up Leafs wont have room for McMann even if they move/buyout Murray. They rn only have room for a 21 man team with the extra guy being a Dman rn (Timmins)
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 52
Hakuna Matata

Rielly - Liljegren
McCabe - Klingberg
Brodie - Timmins
Giordano

Need to clear cap from somewhere to sign Samsonov assuming he comes in at ~4 mil. I doubt it'll come from the forward group, so maybe a Brodie move comes to fruition? I like the player, but 5 mil to play him on the 3rd pair is tough. Could get some value back and replace him with someone like Caleb Jones or Nikita Zadorov retained. I dont think we are going to see the Brodie buyout that Seravalli moronically suggested considering a Matt Murray buyout seems like a forgone conclusion and doing both gives us 4.5 mil in dead cap during the first year of Matthews / Nylander extensions. Plus, he's a positive asset.

I dont want to move the guy, but he just seems like the most likely cap casualty. My guess is that the Leafs are awaiting for Nylander clarity. If he ultimately does get moved, keep Brodie. If we extend him, move Brodie

I dont see Timmins on this team come opening night. 3 offensive Dman makes no sense. I think hes moved and they sign someone to rotate with Giordano (Jones)
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 55
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

Rielly - Liljegren
McCabe - Klingberg
Brodie - Timmins
Giordano

Ya, I was just curious how you see it playing out.

I honestly have no idea how Treliving plans to make this all work out. But I do feel fairly confident Liljegren will never see the top pair as long as Sheldon Keefe is the coach. So that puts Klingberg on the 2nd pair, Timmins on the outs, Liljegren on the 3rd pair and either Brodie (or Brodie replacement on the top pair).

So much is predicated on what number Samsonov's deal comes in at.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I dont see Timmins on this team come opening night. 3 offensive Dman makes no sense. I think hes moved and they sign someone to rotate with Giordano (Jones)

Really? He was pretty good defensively in his brief stint with the Leafs and created quite a bit of offense. Im playing him over Giordano all day. No chance the Leafs risk an NHL ready, cheaply signed RD with term to waivers
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

I honestly have no idea how Treliving plans to make this all work out. But I do feel fairly confident Liljegren will never see the top pair as long as Sheldon Keefe is the coach. So that puts Klingberg on the 2nd pair, Timmins on the outs, Liljegren on the 3rd pair and either Brodie (or Brodie replacement on the top pair).

Im going to be furious if we don't play Timmins
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 57
Hakuna Matata

If they buyout Murray in order to have a 21 man team he would have to sign a 1 year 2.3m deal. If Murray is moved or goes to LTIR they can have a 21 man and he can sign a 3 year deal

Personally I feel other than him Leafs should explore moving Timmins. Nothing against him but idk there are 2 nice rotation pieces out there in Jones and Bear.

Timmins just feels like a Dubas guy now and under Tree's system feels a bit out of place.
12 juill. 2023 à 18 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Really? He was pretty good defensively in his brief stint with the Leafs and created quite a bit of offense. Im playing him over Giordano all day. No chance the Leafs risk an NHL ready, cheaply signed RD with term to waivers

Would rather have this guy especially since he will probs cost less

12 juill. 2023 à 19 h 19
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,275

zk97 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 19 h 23
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,478
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

Well Caufield isn’t humiliating them in the playoffs ever again
12 juill. 2023 à 19 h 27
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,398
Quoting: IconicHawk
Well Caufield isn’t humiliating them in the playoffs ever again

Hey, if Caufield plays Vegas in the playoffs, it means we’re in the finals so I’d take that
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2023 à 22 h 51
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
https://www.puckdoku.com/

this is a fun hockey related game that most people have probably heard of by know but for those who haven't I'm posting it on here
SwaymanForVezina, CantStopWontStop, Rolfadinho and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2023 à 10 h 44
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 483

Now its Frank so pinch of salt but were finally gonna find out who they are

I hope non of these players lied, because if they did, I’m okay if they never play in the nhl again. Including the guy on my team.

—-stolen from Reddit—-

A reminder of who made what statements:

Kyrou, Mete: Did not attend the gala, were not in London at the time
Bean, Clauge, Comtois, Dube, Fabbro, C. Foote, Gadjovich, Hart, Howden, Makar, C. Point, T. Raddysh, Steel, Steenbergen, Thomas, Timmins: Denied involvement
Batherson, Katchouk, M. McLeod: Cooperating with investigation
Formenton: No statement at all
13 juill. 2023 à 11 h 0
WentWughes
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
I hope non of these players lied, because if they did, I’m okay if they never play in the nhl again. Including the guy on my team.

—-stolen from Reddit—-

Bean, Clauge, Comtois, Dube, Fabbro, C. Foote, Gadjovich, Hart, Howden, Makar, C. Point, T. Raddysh, Steel, Steenbergen, Thomas, Timmins: Denied involvement

Formenton has been shadow banned from the NHL so I can safely say he took part in it. Genuinely wonder who else took part. there's a chance they aren't even pros anymore.
13 juill. 2023 à 11 h 49
Formenton has been shadow banned from the NHL so I can safely say he took part in it. Genuinely wonder who else took part. there's a chance they aren't even pros anymore.

—- stolen from Reddit —-

Unsigned players of the team are: Gadjovich (played for SJ last year), Comtois (played for Anaheim last year), Steenbergen (played overseas last year), Howden (TB RFA currently), Formenton (played overseas - Sens RFA), Foote (UFA - not tendered by TB), Point (played for Fort Wayne Komets ECHL last year)

— my commentary—-

Note that it would be normal some of them did not stick in the nhl.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2023 à 11 h 54
WentWughes
—- stolen from Reddit —-

Unsigned players of the team are: Gadjovich (played for SJ last year), Comtois (played for Anaheim last year), Steenbergen (played overseas last year), Howden (TB RFA currently), Formenton (played overseas - Sens RFA), Foote (UFA - not tendered by TB), Point (played for Fort Wayne Komets ECHL last year)

— my commentary—-

Note that it would be normal some of them did not stick in the nhl.

Definitely not a coincidence I don't think
13 juill. 2023 à 12 h 1
WentWughes

\

Interesting
CantStopWontStop, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2023 à 12 h 5
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192

\

Interesting

they were 775k short on rent
CantStopWontStop, Tintin, KSIxSKULLS and 11 others a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2023 à 13 h 4

\

Interesting

Wow, they signed him like 2 weeks ago and already terminated, the fact they have no comment tells me this is a developing story and we’ll probably learn more later
13 juill. 2023 à 13 h 10

—-stolen from Reddit—-

Also note that allegedly, all players involved were CHL players which would strike out Colton Point, Cale Makar, Dante Fabbro (NCAA), Victor Mete (Habs loaned him to the WJC team but he was an NHLer that whole year)
CantStopWontStop et zk97 a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2023 à 13 h 26
To follow on the unfortunate news, it seems like it’s about to be done. Second random tweet about it I believe.

But I had just assumed the individuals would be charged with a crime before the NHL took action. i guess now I’m assuming the league was able to get extremely definitive evidence if they’re going to supersede the judicial process. If the league somehow puts itself into a position where it is contradicting the authorities that would be wild.

13 juill. 2023 à 13 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Wow, they signed him like 2 weeks ago and already terminated, the fact they have no comment tells me this is a developing story and we’ll probably learn more later

Is being reviewed by the NHLPA, apparently. So there's something weird.
CantStopWontStop et zk97 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage