Forums/NHL

2023 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #2 - The Salepocalypse

19 juin 2023 à 16 h 5
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,443
Quoting: MatthewsFan
61UbGJ5AiSL.jpg

And that quote is exactly why I believe the Leafs should retool, part of the core 4 gone, etc
Saskleaf et Steven_Stamkos a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 16 h 13
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
And that quote is exactly why I believe the Leafs should retool, part of the core 4 gone, etc

According to some we did, new GM and assistant coach

beautiful-day-u2.gif
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 16 h 21
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,247
Quoting: aadoyle
Well that quotes already wrong as they arent doing the same thing as they are hiring a new assistant coach

If they kept Carbery thats where you use the quote lul.

Lol no switching up the assistant coach doesn't count as not running it back. Besides, they didn't even fire/ move on from Carbery (he made the move to go) so it's not like they were trying to shake things up.

As of right now they are still in running it back territory. That said they could definitely make big changes in the coming weeks.
19 juin 2023 à 16 h 28
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Saskleaf
Lol no switching up the assistant coach doesn't count as not running it back. Besides, they didn't even fire/ move on from Carbery (he made the move to go) so it's not like they were trying to shake things up.

As of right now they are still in running it back territory. That said they could definitely make big changes in the coming weeks.

Lol they wanted the GM back and couldn’t come to a contract agreement. The assistant coach left on his on accord to get a Head coaching gig.

The only people who SHOULD be happy are the Toronto Marlies fans as they actually cleaned housed and fired people.

Unless Treliving has the balls to trade a core fwd
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 17 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,154
Quoting: Saskleaf

Well technically they didnt move on but they are replacing him with someone else. The endless cycle continues.

Should have went with GM as thats where they going new lul

As arguably it would have been insanity to continue with Dubas especially when it came to big 3 extensions
19 juin 2023 à 17 h 20
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Wonder how accurate this source is

Michkov is the closest player that rivals bedard talent correct?
19 juin 2023 à 17 h 28
Bedard23
Mentions "j'aime": 4,537
Quoting: capsfan2121
Wonder how accurate this source is

Michkov is the closest player that rivals bedard talent correct?

I can’t confirm that source because I can’t speak Russian for the life of me
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 18 h 18
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607
Preds should trade for PLD tbh assuming he would sign there which I read something that NSH is one of his prefered teams.

They have a bunch of Forward prospects and not all of them will be able too play, why not cash in and get a young player who can help you now and in the future?
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 18 h 31
Tintin over 1122
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Preds should trade for PLD tbh assuming he would sign there which I read something that NSH is one of his prefered teams.

They have a bunch of Forward prospects and not all of them will be able too play, why not cash in and get a young player who can help you now and in the future?

Would you give glass in the trade if your were the jets
19 juin 2023 à 18 h 38
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,207

boston's offseason is going to be interesting.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 18 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo

boston's offseason is going to be interesting.

If they play their cards right trade Ullmark to Pitt for Desmith and pick and then go from there
19 juin 2023 à 18 h 58
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,207
If they play their cards right trade Ullmark to Pitt for Desmith and pick and then go from there

I'd disagree; I'd look for a 1B or backup in free agency and try to move Ullmark for a centre if possible. Even if Bergeron and/or Krejci return they look very weak down the middle. 27+16 goals from those two and I don't think that number will be bigger next season.
19 juin 2023 à 19 h 10
Saskoiler for now
Well technically they didnt move on but they are replacing him with someone else. The endless cycle continues.

Should have went with GM as thats where they going new lul

As arguably it would have been insanity to continue with Dubas especially when it came to big 3 extensions

I have no idea what point you're trying to make lol. Yah getting a new GM is a big move but only because most times that's accompanied by big on ice moves or at least a coaching change.
19 juin 2023 à 19 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo
I'd disagree; I'd look for a 1B or backup in free agency and try to move Ullmark for a centre if possible. Even if Bergeron and/or Krejci return they look very weak down the middle. 27+16 goals from those two and I don't think that number will be bigger next season.

Issue is a good 1b or backup in FA would be more expensive. I think desmith and his 1.8m is just what Boston wants in a cheaper goalie

They can flip Ullmark for him + Pick then trade one of Gryzlyc, Forbort, or Reilly for cap space and then go sign Rodrigues.
19 juin 2023 à 20 h 28
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 496

When I see this I think that maybe Laf has been roadblocked a tad more than what happens historically?

Like it isn’t typical to draft where Nyr did but also have the top 6 they do?

I watched Nyr from time to time as one my extra teams the past season and really like his game. I wonder if a much bigger opportunity could be great for him.

I wonder if St. Louis is targeting him. He fits the age group and was quite fun watching him and Blais for the handful of shifts before Blais went down to Subbans slewfoot.
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 20 h 32
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

When I see this I think that maybe Laf has been roadblocked a tad more than what happens historically?

I watched Nyr from time to time as one my extra teams the past season and really like his game. I wonder if a much bigger opportunity could be great for him.

I wonder if St. Louis is targeting him. He fits the age group and was quite fun watching him and Blais for the handful of shifts they got pre Subban slewfoot on Blais.

Ouch yah that's a rough list. I still think Laff has it in him, he's only 21 after all. But his first few seasons have not been very good at all.
19 juin 2023 à 20 h 47
Hakuna Matata

I wonder if St. Louis is targeting him. He fits the age group and was quite fun watching him and Blais for the handful of shifts before Blais went down to Subbans slewfoot.

I think like Dach he needs a change of scenery. A team where he will get proper minutes in the top 6 and with an experienced center who can mentor him.
CantStopWontStop et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 21 h 14
Respect Mike Grier

New Jerseys tomorrow the mock ups I saw were plan hopefully they're a little more spiced up than what I saw
19 juin 2023 à 23 h 41
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

New Jerseys tomorrow the mock ups I saw were plan hopefully they're a little more spiced up than what I saw

haven't the flyers had the same jerseys their entire existence?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 23 h 48
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: oilersguy
haven't the flyers had the same jerseys their entire existence?

no they've gone through multiple versions of similarish designs.

They've never changed their logo tho
oilersguy, Saskleaf, Steven_Stamkos and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2023 à 23 h 52
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

remember when everyone was just sitting at home in 2020 watching Lafs highlights and getting so hyped over him, he was supposed to be an elite franchise changing top line winger
19 juin 2023 à 23 h 52
Respect Mike Grier
who are your next 5 cup winners?

CAR, EDM, LAK, DAL, NJD are mine in no real order. SEA could honestly switch out for any of them
kdawg32086 a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2023 à 1 h 15
Hakuna Matata
who are your next 5 cup winners?

CAR, EDM, LAK, DAL, NJD are mine in no real order. SEA could honestly switch out for any of them

TOR,EDM,TOR,EDM,VAN

FU Bettman CANADA bout to go on a 5 streak
20 juin 2023 à 1 h 24
Respect Mike Grier
TOR,EDM,TOR,EDM,VAN

FU Bettman CANADA bout to go on a 5 streak

VAN is bold.

I lean towards them tearing it down soon because they can't take a step back.

They have great pieces for a cup team like Petey and Hughes but they can't get better because they are riddled with hefty contracts on mid players.

I'm also pro chaos I kinda think Petey could force his way out if it's still a ****show when his contract expires.
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 juin 2023 à 8 h 53
Respect Mike Grier

A new (old) era of orange
oilersguy, CantStopWontStop, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage