(NSH/PIT) - Granlund for 2023 2nd RD pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 mars 2023 à 21 h 9
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 121
Quoting: DragonKnight
Poile is cleaning house. Trotz will have to build from scratch.

I mean they still have so many quality to great pieces it very well could be a retool, but certainly could see it. I mean Josi, Saros, forsberg, can get a kings ransom for them if it truly is a blowup
1 mars 2023 à 21 h 36
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: vmark
We need defense, goaltending insurance, and depth scoring.... I guess Granlund is depth scoring but he is more of playmaker.. We could absolutely use a physical presence on the back end too. I know Myers technically sucks but if Van can retain salary I'd take him and Boeser. Come on Hexy do something that's good... not just to do something! We don't need a playmaking 3c signed for 2 more seasons at 5! We need help in the back!

He's mediocre at creating offence and that's his best attribute.

Canucks don't need to retain anything on Myers, because this season is over and they can trade him for nothing in the summer. He gets a $5 million signing bonus and then just $1 million in salary. So a team like Arizona would pay just $1 million to get $6 million closer to the salary floor.
1 mars 2023 à 21 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: Hollands_missing_brain
So what is ultimately Nashvilles gameplan? Are they trying to "retool" like WSH? That's the vibe I'm getting but I also wouldn't be surprised if I woke up and they are in full fire sale

Looks like a fire sale to me. Unlike Washington, they're getting rid of players with term, not just guys they're going to lose at the end of the season anyway.
1 mars 2023 à 21 h 58
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,375
Josh Anderson price keeps climbing. Same AAV with term. I was told such things were impossible to move. More than double the goals of Granlund and the intangibles, my gawd, the intangibles!
1 mars 2023 à 22 h 30
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Quoting: jpsnow13
But ...Boeser?!?! Since when center is an issue Pittsburgh ? I like the player, but that wasn't the move to make.

Blueger replacement, or he'll be slotted wing
1 mars 2023 à 22 h 32
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
He's mediocre at creating offence and that's his best attribute.

Canucks don't need to retain anything on Myers, because this season is over and they can trade him for nothing in the summer. He gets a $5 million signing bonus and then just $1 million in salary. So a team like Arizona would pay just $1 million to get $6 million closer to the salary floor.

I mean he's clearly a good passer right? He had over 50 last year. But yea, I'd hope there was something else cooking... this isn't even close to what all the other good teams in the east have done.
1 mars 2023 à 23 h 34
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,124
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
Josh Anderson price keeps climbing. Same AAV with term. I was told such things were impossible to move. More than double the goals of Granlund and the intangibles, my gawd, the intangibles!

apples vs. oranges. Granlund has always been more of a distributor than a goalscorer - he has nearly 4 times as many assists this year as Anderson does, and has 36 pts to Josh's 24. He also has less term (2x$5M vs. 4x$5.5M.) But if you really want to compare them, then I guess you can say Granlund is a little more valuable because he has double the 20-goal seasons, and his "intangibles" have been stronger, seeing as he's been an alternate captain the last two years and Anderson's never been a part of any of his team's leadership.
2 mars 2023 à 0 h 21
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 431
I never thought that the EA Sports GM mode AI's were accurate, but I guess they knew what they were doing.

GMs are making trades like the salary cap is actually going to go up or something....do they know something we don't? Minnesota claims Kapanen, Pittsburgh gives up a solid asset for someone who should be seen as a negative value contract. What's going on?

This reminds me of when Dorion gave up a 3rd for Hamonic, when the third should have been coming to Ottawa for taking his cap hit and term.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2023 à 1 h 42
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,527
Pens are making desperate moves just to have a chance at making the WC. There were better ways to spend cap space, imo.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2023 à 7 h 34
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 13
People saying that Grandlund is a disaster defensively has never seen him play, this year yes his been a negative, so is basically the whole team been... Every other season his been a really good defensively and that has also effected his points offensively
vmark a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2023 à 8 h 27
FanOfAllTeams
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 296
Quoting: budgeteam
I never thought that the EA Sports GM mode AI's were accurate, but I guess they knew what they were doing.

GMs are making trades like the salary cap is actually going to go up or something....do they know something we don't? Minnesota claims Kapanen, Pittsburgh gives up a solid asset for someone who should be seen as a negative value contract. What's going on?

This reminds me of when Dorion gave up a 3rd for Hamonic, when the third should have been coming to Ottawa for taking his cap hit and term.

St. Louis claimed Kapenen. Your point still stands
2 mars 2023 à 11 h 12
ButIActLikeIDid
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 37
They take full salary? That’s surprising.
2 mars 2023 à 13 h 22
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: FanOfAllTeams
St. Louis claimed Kapenen. Your point still stands

That's another one of those broken AI in GM mode type moves, except by claiming Kapanen in GM mode their roster would break and they would end up randomly putting Kaprizov on waivers.
2 mars 2023 à 15 h 26
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
I forgot that Zucker played with him in Minny and they had great years together. I also seem to remember Poile talking him up last year and saying he was a big reason why they were doing well, that he was underrated. He had an "A" there too.

Any Pens fans seeing this, maybe it'll work out! But yea it'd be nice to make another move for more scoring depth and defensive help... but who's left? My hope is JVR and Soucy. As an aside Seattle, Buffalo, Calgary... none of these teams have done a damn thing and are all on the bubble. At least we got a legit top 9 forward!
2 mars 2023 à 19 h 6
Banni
Quoting: drizzt
People saying that Grandlund is a disaster defensively has never seen him play, this year yes his been a negative, so is basically the whole team been... Every other season his been a really good defensively and that has also effected his points offensively

If it's not on a Jfresh chart or Dom player model, it's square 1 for many. Half the ppl probably dont even know that a hockey puck is frozen.
3 mars 2023 à 20 h 49
sensonfire
Mentions "j'aime": 4,469
Niederreiter was just traded recently for a second by Nashville.

Although Granlund has the higher cap hit, he's the more important player to a team's success.

Fair deal, although you could make the case that it's a win for Pittsburgh.
21 avr. 2023 à 8 h 26
Banni
Quoting: sensonfire
Niederreiter was just traded recently for a second by Nashville.

Although Granlund has the higher cap hit, he's the more important player to a team's success.

Fair deal, although you could make the case that it's a win for Pittsburgh.

Quoting: dannibalcorpse
apples vs. oranges. Granlund has always been more of a distributor than a goalscorer - he has nearly 4 times as many assists this year as Anderson does, and has 36 pts to Josh's 24. He also has less term (2x$5M vs. 4x$5.5M.) But if you really want to compare them, then I guess you can say Granlund is a little more valuable because he has double the 20-goal seasons, and his "intangibles" have been stronger, seeing as he's been an alternate captain the last two years and Anderson's never been a part of any of his team's leadership.

1 goal, 4 assist in 21 games while making 5M AAV for 3 years

This might have been the worst TDL deal of the last few years. Especially when taking into account it's a wasted opportunity for one of the remaining years of the Crosby/Malkin era.
21 avr. 2023 à 9 h 1
sensonfire
Mentions "j'aime": 4,469
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
1 goal, 4 assist in 21 games while making 5M AAV for 3 years

This might have been the worst TDL deal of the last few years. Especially when taking into account it's a wasted opportunity for one of the remaining years of the Crosby/Malkin era.

He was doing alright in Nashville and nobody could predict he would fall off a cliff when he came to Pittsburgh.

Judging a trade based on hindsight bias amounts to cheating.

Also, Ron Hextall/Brian Burke made worse moves when they were still running the Penguins.

See for yourself.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4104633

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage