SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion (Part 3)

19 févr. 2023 à 20 h 47
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,102
Modifié 19 févr. 2023 à 20 h 54
Oh hockey gods hear our cry give us one of

Tanev
Gudas
Jensen

Whoever go get em
19 févr. 2023 à 21 h 19
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 102
Quoting: Nathaniel
Respectfully, bench Justin Holl

I only caught the last 5 minutes - but I note the only Leaf Players not minus on the +/- scale:
ZAR,
Kerfoot,
Accieri,
Kampf,
Holl,
Lilly,
Broadie.

Does this actually reflect their play?
19 févr. 2023 à 21 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 févr. 2023 à 21 h 28
Quoting: Messier99
I only caught the last 5 minutes - but I note the only Leaf Players not minus on the +/- scale:
ZAR,
Kerfoot,
Accieri,
Kampf,
Holl,
Lilly,
Broadie.

Does this actually reflect their play?

+/- is a meh stat in hockey

Leafs just got to learn to stop playing down to opponents. Keefe should not have put Sammy in net as u could see he wasnt 100%, and I swear refs have a vendetta now against Bunting

Also if they ever want to play timmins just take Holl out rather than Sandin

Either way all combined for a bad loss
19 févr. 2023 à 22 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,099

The loss is forgiven, thats an all-timer of a quote
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2023 à 23 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: aadoyle
Oh hockey gods hear our cry give us one of

Tanev
Gudas
Jensen

Whoever go get em

Fabbro is supposedly available. Jeannot might be available. Could be a couple of decent targets 👀

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Tavares - O'Reilly - Marner
Jeannot - Acciari - Aston Reese
Engvall - Kampf - Jarnkrok

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Fabbro

Or you could go out and get a scoring winger for the third line and have ROR drive that line. Move on from Kerfoot who has lost all of my support. I really like your idea of targeting a Dube or Tanev, but I'm not sure we have the assets for that at the moment.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2023 à 23 h 8
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

Jumbo Joe’s is the ultimate

“I’d have my c— out if I scored four goals. I’d have my c— out, stroking it.”
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2023 à 23 h 11
Ovchinnikov 137
Fabbro is supposedly available. Jeannot might be available. Could be a couple of decent targets 👀

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Fabbro

Or you could go out and get a scoring winger for the third line and have ROR drive that line. Move on from Kerfoot who has lost all of my support. I really like your idea of targeting a Dube or Tanev, but I'm not sure we have the assets for that at the moment.

Give me Ekholm:

Bunting Matthews Nylander
Tavares O’Rielly Marner
Engvall Kampf Jarnkrok
Knies Acciari Jeannot

Rielly Brodie
Ekholm Liljegren
Gio Holl
19 févr. 2023 à 23 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Give me Ekholm:

Tavares O’Rielly Marner
Engvall Kampf Jarnkrok
Knies Acciari Jeannot

Rielly Brodie
Ekholm Liljegren
Gio Holl

McMann also deserves another look. Shouldn't have been sent down to begin with. His speed and physicality alone make him a better option than Aston Reese. ZARs defensive impact is great, but we literally have a Selke winner and a few Selke candidates on our team (ahem Mitch Marner). I see a lot of people saying ROR is going to center our third line, but to be honest, I'm not a fan of that idea. Having him center the 2nd line while Tavares fills the hole at 2LW is awesome. Go out and add a 3C and a defenseman by trading any prospects not named Matthew Knies. Laughton and Seeler are good targets, but our lack of futures makes things tricky.

Bunting - Matthews - Nylander
Engvall - Player X - Jarnkrok
McMann / Knies - Kampf - Acciari

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Player X

Samsonov
Murray

There are still obvious holes in the roster, and this TDL is going to be a real test of the scouting department to find bargain bin adds.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2023 à 23 h 48
Hakuna Matata

I suspect he had the Stomach bug going around a week ago and man its not fun

Should not have played tonight as that **** takes 3 days to recover from
20 févr. 2023 à 1 h 57
Hakuna Matata

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Fabbro

Give me Ekholm:

Tavares O’Rielly Marner
Engvall Kampf Jarnkrok
Knies Acciari Jeannot

Rielly Brodie
Ekholm Liljegren
Gio Holl

I was a big fan of Ekholm back in the day but hes kind of losing his touch and is 32 on a big contract. Fabbro as I see him is meh doesnt move the needle.

To me someone like Tanev or Jensen could make sense. Man 3 years ago really wish we traded for Demelo. That would have been perfect lul

But to me based on TONIGHT if we move Sandin its a big mistake. As man while he still has stuff to learn I prefer him over Holl in the lineup I really do
20 févr. 2023 à 11 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

New 3C please
20 févr. 2023 à 13 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
I was a big fan of Ekholm back in the day but hes kind of losing his touch and is 32 on a big contract. Fabbro as I see him is meh doesnt move the needle.

To me someone like Tanev or Jensen could make sense. Man 3 years ago really wish we traded for Demelo. That would have been perfect lul

But to me based on TONIGHT if we move Sandin its a big mistake. As man while he still has stuff to learn I prefer him over Holl in the lineup I really do

Moving sandin's a huge mistake. Idk who we're gonna get, ive been circling back to smaller names w no big moves.
20 févr. 2023 à 14 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Moving sandin's a huge mistake. Idk who we're gonna get, ive been circling back to smaller names w no big moves.

If we move Sandin I want a clear cut upgrade. Now if we were getting Ekholm from 4 years ago done. Guy was very good in his prime now meh

Rn unless Carolina was like here's Slavin dont see that upgrade available
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2023 à 14 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 20 févr. 2023 à 16 h 32

New 3C please

Honestly why not try Acciari up with Engvall and Jarnkrok and Kampf with ZAR and Kerfoot. I know Kampf needs Engvall but maybe that will create better offense for the 3rd line

But also reply to said tweet

20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 1
Hakuna Matata

hmmmmmmm

Nah if this happens almost guaranteed Bunting's gone
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

hmmmmmmm

Nah if this happens almost guaranteed Bunting's gone

This is definitely just another classic Torts scratching. Sanheim just signed an 8 year deal and Bunting is about as untouchable as they get in terms of non-core 4 (or core 5 now?) forwards. If the Leafs add a defenseman, it'll be a Jensen / Soucy type of guy
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 8
Hakuna Matata
This is definitely just another classic Torts scratching. Sanheim just signed an 8 year deal and Bunting is about as untouchable as they get in terms of non-core 4 (or core 5 now?) forwards. If the Leafs add a defenseman, it'll be a Jensen / Soucy type of guy

I argue it all depends on how much Bunting wants and the term. Hes been good but man the ref thing could become Kadri 2.0 problematic (hopefully not).

And if we look at LW for the next few years we got some candidates who could push for jobs soon. So yea if he agrees on a short nice deal im all for it. If he wants a Paul deal man it might be best to move on as LW gonna get crowded in 3-4 years
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 14
Ovchinnikov 137

Who would you have coming out?
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I argue it all depends on how much Bunting wants and the term. Hes been good but man the ref thing could become Kadri 2.0 problematic (hopefully not).

And if we look at LW for the next few years we got some candidates who could push for jobs soon. So yea if he agrees on a short nice deal im all for it. If he wants a Paul deal man it might be best to move on as LW gonna get crowded in 3-4 years

I'm not opposed to a ~4 mil x 7 deal. By year 3 or 4, he could be a decent 3rd line player if we do see Knies and Robertson emerge as genuine top 6ers. Plus my heart can't take Bunting leaving after having to deal with the departure of Hyman and Campbell
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

If the Leafs do add on defense (which I don't understand), I think it'll be Holl coming out. Shy of Sandin being moved for a HUGE forward upgrade, Holl just seems like the weakest link. Adding a mean, physical, defensively sound presence on the back end over a guy like Holl seems like the logical approach if we were to add on defense. Rielly is Rielly, Brodie is our best defenseman, Sandin is a stud, Liljegren is a STUD, Gio has been fantastic, and Holl has been just good. Having a defense group as follows seems like Dubas' end goal:

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Player X
Giordano - Liljegren

I'd even give looks to Rielly - Liljegren, but the pairings above seem like the playoff pairings to me. Rielly - Brodie is a tried and true pairing, Giordano - Liljegren is a defensive pairing made in heaven, and having a rental bruiser on 2RD to play with a puck moving and underrated physical presence in Sandin would round it off nicely. Rental walks next season, Timmins is a regular
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 24
Hakuna Matata
If the Leafs do add on defense (which I don't understand), I think it'll be Holl coming out. Shy of Sandin being moved for a HUGE forward upgrade, Holl just seems like the weakest link. Adding a mean, physical, defensively sound presence on the back end over a guy like Holl seems like the logical approach if we were to add on defense. Rielly is Rielly, Brodie is our best defenseman, Sandin is a stud, Liljegren is a STUD, Gio has been fantastic, and Holl has been just good. Having a defense group as follows seems like Dubas' end goal:

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Player X
Giordano - Liljegren

I'd even give looks to Rielly - Liljegren, but the pairings above seem like the playoff pairings to me. Rielly - Brodie is a tried and true pairing, Giordano - Liljegren is a defensive pairing made in heaven, and having a rental bruiser on 2RD to play with a puck moving and underrated physical presence in Sandin would round it off nicely. Rental walks next season, Timmins is a regular

My answer
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 35
Ovchinnikov 137

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Player X
Giordano - Liljegren

Just touching on the two guys you mentioned.

Soucy has played only 93 total mins at 4 on 5 (putting him 92nd in the league) and Jensen has 134 mins at 4 on 5 (putting him 34th in league)

Justin Holl is 9th with 165 mins at 4 on 5.

FpYDiAJXoAA-yE1?format=jpg&name=large

He is also one of the most effective PKer’s in the NHL
FpYDh_ZWAAMiMXR?format=jpg&name=medium

More Hockey Stats

You can bet the Leafs will be damn sure IF they are replacing Holl, it will be with someone similar (possibly Mayfied) especially having to go up against TBL PP which is crazy good.

I find it somewhat surprising that fans are reluctant to move on from Sandin. I love the guy and player but he doesn’t play on the Power Play, doesn’t PK, and with Rielly back gets shelter 3rd pairing mins.

Now I don’t want to move him for just anybody but not having a Muzzin type LD on the 2nd pair is a MASSIVE hole that needs ti get filled
leafs101 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 36
Ovchinnikov 137

My answer

mark-wahlberg-smh.gif
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 53
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
The more I think about it the more conflicted I am that we didn't/couldn't sub a prospect(s) into the O'Reilly trade in place of a pick or two. Like I know Dubas said he'd rather not deal from the pool and give up the mystery box, but I feel like that decision was perhaps a sentimental one. It's been a problem with him as a GM not knowing when to move on from certain guys. And I'm not saying like throw in Knies or anything but was there nobody they could agree on in place of say the 3rd round pick? As much as we like our prospects, they aren't all gonna make it and even if we assume they all develop into NHL players, it's not like we could fit them all. We need guys coming in layers/waves... Idk, not the end of the world or anything, just thoughts.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2023 à 17 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Just touching on the two guys you mentioned.

Soucy has played only 93 total mins at 4 on 5 (putting him 92nd in the league) and Jensen has 134 mins at 4 on 5 (putting him 34th in league)

Justin Holl is 9th with 165 mins at 4 on 5.

FpYDiAJXoAA-yE1?format=jpg&name=large

He is also one of the most effective PKer’s in the NHL
FpYDh_ZWAAMiMXR?format=jpg&name=medium

More Hockey Stats

You can bet the Leafs will be damn sure IF they are replacing Holl, it will be with someone similar (possibly Mayfied) especially having to go up against TBL PP which is crazy good.

I find it somewhat surprising that fans are reluctant to move on from Sandin. I love the guy and player but he doesn’t play on the Power Play, doesn’t PK, and with Rielly back gets shelter 3rd pairing mins.

Now I don’t want to move him for just anybody but not having a Muzzin type LD on the 2nd pair is a MASSIVE hole that needs ti get filled

I really don't want Soucy or Jensen and would much rather have Holl, but if we are adding that "Muzzin element" to the blue line, I just think Holl is the weakest link. If I were Kyle, I would just roll the defense we have now. Our top 6 is very good, plus we've got Benn and Timmins. I can certainly see the argument for moving Sandin and now that we don't have our 2023 first he is definitely an enticing trade chip, but I just like the guy too much. Throws hits, is stellar offensively, underrated defensively, and is a super smart player. If Mike Grier says "You can have Timo Meier if you send us Sandin", then sure, but for anything less than a high impact player, I'd just keep Rasmus. There are maybe only 3 or 4 guys I would move Sandin for. Speculation is essentially futile at this point given the Leafs lack of leaks, but I think Sandin will be a Leaf after March 3rd. Plus, his contract is far too valuable to part with given our cap situation

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage