Forums/Armchair-GM

Timo Meier cheap

Créé par: OldNYIfan
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 29 déc. 2022
Publié: 29 déc. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I don't see how acquiring Timo Meier is a realistic possibility, let alone plan, for next season.

I've given him what I am sure will be less than he eventually re-signs for, given Bunting the Trevor Moore deal, and re-signed Samsonov to an economical figure, and the roster isn't complete but exceeds the anticipated cap limit.

It seems to me that the only way that Meier (or Bo Horvat, for that matter) fits is if Nylander goes back to San Jose or elsewhere.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
68 000 000 $
54 000 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
54 200 000 $
42 750 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Meier, Timo [Droits de RFA]
SJS
    Assume some package of picks and prospects that would persuade San Jose to part with Meier and would have no practical effect on Toronto's cap situation
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    1883 500 000 $84 939 783 $0 $0 $-1 439 783 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    4 200 000 $4 200 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 3
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 8
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AD, C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    C
    UFA - 4
    796 667 $796 667 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 1
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    29 déc. 2022 à 17 h 7
    Rejoint: avr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,694
    to be reasonable sharks would ask Knies and 23 1st.
    and that might scare Toronto away.
    plus to make this work a player with a mid range cap hit (3-4.5 mi) would have to go back as well or Meier doesn’t get resigned. depending on who you would either have to sweeten the deal (murray or Muzzin) or sharks might have to add (brodie Bunting) just spit balking here!
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 17 h 8
    Rejoint: avr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,694
    truth be told Karlsson at 3 mil retained would be more helpful to your success than Meier would!
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 17 h 10
    Ovchinnikov 137
    Rejoint: avr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
    Option one: trade Meier at the draft to recoup picks (obviously won’t even close to the same return but still could get something back for his RFA rights)

Option two: move one of Samsonov or Murray
    Georgiev trade last year got NYR two 3rd round picks and one 5th round. Samsonov could net that or possibly even better if he continues his play.

Option 3: move on from Bunting
    Roll with Knies instead
    29 déc. 2022 à 17 h 11
    Hakuna Matata
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 21,127
    Agreed

Meier will probs cost 2 1sts, Robertson, and to make the cap work one of Kerfoot or Engvall would have to go back

Issue comes in 2023-2024 as with the cap most likely being 83.5mill how we gonna afford him on top of the other 4 guys. If Cap would or is gonna jump to 88mill in 2023 then yeah its worth a look. I did post an idea a while ago showing how it could work with 83.5mill but Willy would have to be moved

To me with how things are going with Laf and the NYR I would go look at him as an option.
    29 déc. 2022 à 17 h 27
    Rejoint: mars 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,658
    Quoting: MatthewsFan
    Option one: trade Meier at the draft to recoup picks (obviously won’t even close to the same return but still could get something back for his RFA rights)

Georgiev trade last year got NYR two 3rd round picks and one 5th round. Samsonov could net that or possibly even better if he continues his play.

Roll with Knies instead

Bunting is probably playing himself out of Toronto anyway. With all the Kerfoot/Engvall trades daily here, how would Bunting work at more than 3.5 million? It's a trick question because it doesn't.

I really like what Bunting has brought to the team but I don't see any way to keep him. Not sure Leafs could keep Meir either and that's why I'd stay away from such a trade.
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 17 h 37
    Ovchinnikov 137
    Quoting: oneX
    Buntings is probably playing himself out of Toronto anyway. With all the Kerfoot/Engvall trades daily here, how would Bunting work at more than 3.5 million? It's a trick question because it doesn't.

I really like what Bunting has brought to the team but I don't see any way to keep him. Not sure Leafs could keep Meir either and that's why I'd stay away from such a trade.

I feel like those same people expected Giordano to resign for nothing less than 3mil and then resigned for 800k

I predict Bunting signs a long term deal at 3.5
    oneX a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 17 h 52
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 23,003
    You are absolutely correct OldNYIfan. Makes zero sense for the Leafs to acquire Meier. But tell that to so many Leafs fans......it's impossible for them understand the cap for next season.
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 17 h 57
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
    truth be told Karlsson at 3 mil retained would be more helpful to your success than Meier would!

I'm not sure about that. Reilly is the Leafs Dman on the PP. EK has so many of points on the PP but still seems to be a detriment at even strength (you would know better). Still for the Leafs to carry 8m for EK is way too much. Next year the Leafs will be going with 8m RHD, and 10 LHD, and be happy with it
    OldNYIfan et GMBL a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 18 h 0
    Ovchinnikov 137
    What is also very funny is most people don’t believe the Leafs can keep Nylander in 2024, but the notion of going out and finding his replacement, if that could be Meier, is outrageous. Lol
    29 déc. 2022 à 18 h 29
    Good Opinion Haver
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 939
    Not that this really changes much in this particular scenario but I would be pretty surprised if the NHL and the NHLPA aren't able to come together and hammer out a deal where the cap rises by more than 1 million next year in exchange for less of a jump the following year. Just doesn't really make sense- for either the players or the GMs - to have a small cap increase when the players are apparently very close to paying back the pandemic debt and then a huge cap increase the following year if the debt is cleared by like November 2023. Makes more sense to just even out that slope a bit.

I do wonder if the Leafs goalies are able to keep this up if they'll keep one and trade the other in the offseason. There's such a demand for goaltending around the league and I don't think this team can justify spending nearly 9 mil in the position, Meier or no Meier.
    OldNYIfan et palhal a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 18 h 46
    Rejoint: mai 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,407

Roll with Knies instead

Would probably have to be be option 1 or 3

Quoting: TheEarthmaster

I do wonder if the Leafs goalies are able to keep this up if they'll keep one and trade the other in the offseason. There's such a demand for goaltending around the league and I don't think this team can justify spending nearly 9 mil in the position, Meier or no Meier.

They probably keep both goalies if they can get Samsonov at that price. Murray would be in his final year so it wouldnt be a huge deal since that money will essentially be reserved for Matthews+Nylander's extension if they do extend.
    29 déc. 2022 à 19 h 3
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: TheEarthmaster
    Not that this really changes much in this particular scenario but I would be pretty surprised if the NHL and the NHLPA aren't able to come together and hammer out a deal where the cap rises by more than 1 million next year in exchange for less of a jump the following year. Just doesn't really make sense- for either the players or the GMs - to have a small cap increase when the players are apparently very close to paying back the pandemic debt and then a huge cap increase the following year if the debt is cleared by like November 2023. Makes more sense to just even out that slope a bit.

Actually Bettman has mentioned your "cap" thought. It's something the owners and NHLPA would have to work. Agree with you it would nice.
    Next year there are some UFA goalies available. I wonder if Samsonov if might be offered sheeted that the Leafs couldn't match
    OldNYIfan et TheEarthmaster a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 19 h 7
    Ovchinnikov 137
    Quoting: GMBL
    Would probably have to be be option 1 or 3

They probably keep both goalies if they can get Samsonov at that price. Murray would be in his final year so it wouldnt be a huge deal since that money will essentially be reserved for Matthews+Nylander's extension if they do extend.

Yup, option 1 most likely makes the most sense. Again, spending assets on an RFA makes way more sense they on a UFA. At the least you have the opportunity to recoup something.

Or if the Leafs believe they won’t be able to keep Nylander in 2024, you look at moving next year while he still has a year on control and now you have Meier as a potential replacement.

People just need to see the bigger picture, plenty of options to make this type of trade work.
    29 déc. 2022 à 19 h 47
    Bulklav Jr.Star 03
    Rejoint: nov. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 262
    I wouldn't pay samsonov 4M to back up Murray but I think he will get offer sheeted or stay at 3.2 max, I wouldn't pay him a penny over 3 to stay but I think he can be a starter so 4.2 or 4.5 I'd give him if I'm Montreal or any team that wants a starter, Chicago etc.

I wouldn't pay bunting over 3.2M either but he can probably get 4 on the open market maybe, I think it's clear he needs to play on a top line with all stars to produce so makes him a pest who can score sometimes and open space for stars, can't do much on his own, he can win battles, get in front of the goalie.

I hope he signs with the Leafs at 3 or 3.1 even 2.8 for 4 years and refuses 4.2 for 5 that Chicago might offer or something but if Dubas gives him 4 or 5 I think it's too much or maybe 3M for 2 years then maybe he can make a case for a 5 for 5 deal

Find a guy like bunting for the second line wing and put good guys in the bottom 6, adding Meier and filling the bottom six with the east coast all stars is not good enough
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 20 h 8
    Démarrer sujet
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Mentions "j'aime": 25,611
    Quoting: MaxBorjshlapsky
    I wouldn't pay samsonov 4M to back up Murray but I think he will get offer sheeted or stay at 3.2 max, I wouldn't pay him a penny over 3 to stay but I think he can be a starter so 4.2 or 4.5 I'd give him if I'm Montreal or any team that wants a starter, Chicago etc.

I wouldn't pay bunting over 3.2M either but he can probably get 4 on the open market maybe, I think it's clear he needs to play on a top line with all stars to produce so makes him a pest who can score sometimes and open space for stars, can't do much on his own, he can win battles, get in front of the goalie.

I hope he signs with the Leafs at 3 or 3.1 even 2.8 for 4 years and refuses 4.2 for 5 that Chicago might offer or something but if Dubas gives him 4 or 5 I think it's too much or maybe 3M for 2 years then maybe he can make a case for a 5 for 5 deal

Find a guy like bunting for the second line wing and put good guys in the bottom 6, adding Meier and filling the bottom six with the east coast all stars is not good enough

Thanks for the input.

Consider that Samsonov won't be backing up Murray after the season shown in this construction.

I think that Bunting gets paid this time around; he gave Toronto the home-town discount last time. But we'll see.

The point of this ACGM is that the $8 million spent here on Meier is better spent elsewhere, as you intimate in your last sentence.
    29 déc. 2022 à 20 h 29
    Bulklav Jr.Star 03
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    Thanks for the input.

Consider that Samsonov won't be backing up Murray after the season shown in this construction.

I think that Bunting gets paid this time around; he gave Toronto the home-town discount last time. But we'll see.

The point of this ACGM is that the $8 million spent here on Meier is better spent elsewhere, as you intimate in your last sentence.

Yeah that's right i think, I don't think offering 8M to Meier is the move.

Don't mean to come at you hot oldNY in "the other Blackhawks trade" post just that Holl and Klingberg are not comparable and palhal and Jared over there crap on everyone's post and you are siding with them haha.

But I think you don't get in your feelings when challenged anyways because I'm not perfect on here either but I know you don't just go crapping on post like those I mentioned do.

Cheers
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 20 h 43
    Rejoint: mai 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,407
    Yup, option 1 most likely makes the most sense. Again, spending assets on an RFA makes way more sense they on a UFA. At the least you have the opportunity to recoup something.

Or if the Leafs believe they won’t be able to keep Nylander in 2024, you look at moving next year while he still has a year on control and now you have Meier as a potential replacement.

People just need to see the bigger picture, plenty of options to make this type of trade work.

Yeah, getting him would open up some options when it comes to how they wish to proceed with their top 6 but yeah it really depends on what the initial cost is vs bringing in different ufa rentals who each will bring different things to the table that might be more sought by the Leafs management. Ultimately, they would consider Meier to be a pure rental since they might not recuperate much from him.
    29 déc. 2022 à 20 h 56
    Démarrer sujet
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Mentions "j'aime": 25,611
    Quoting: MaxBorjshlapsky
    Yeah that's right i think, I don't think offering 8M to Meier is the move.

Don't mean to come at you hot oldNY in "the other Blackhawks trade" post just that Holl and Klingberg are not comparable and palhal and Jared over there crap on everyone's post and you are siding with them haha.

But I think you don't get in your feelings when challenged anyways because I'm not perfect on here either but I know you don't just go crapping on post like those I mentioned do.

Cheers

My point was that Klingberg and Holl are by NO means comparable (remember, I'm a Ducks fanatic) and that Toronto isn't going to find a clearly better alternative to Holl on the free agent market. I'm one of those in the minority that agree with palhal that criticism of Toronto's defense in general and Holl in particular is wildly misplaced. I like the fact that we have Klingberg simply because I think that we're going to get a first-round pick or equivalent value out of him but I get to see him every night and I'd rather have Holl on the Ducks long term.

Cheers to you!
    29 déc. 2022 à 21 h 7
    Bulklav Jr.Star 03
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    My point was that Klingberg and Holl are by NO means comparable (remember, I'm a Ducks fanatic) and that Toronto isn't going to find a clearly better alternative to Holl on the free agent market. I'm one of those in the minority that agree with palhal that criticism of Toronto's defense in general and Holl in particular is wildly misplaced. I like the fact that we have Klingberg simply because I think that we're going to get a first-round pick or equivalent value out of him but I get to see him every night and I'd rather have Holl on the Ducks long term.

Cheers to you!

Ok I gotcha and I see Holl every night, it does make a big difference when you watch players every game.

Ducks are a team I always enjoyed Kariya days and the good times with Perry and Getzlaf.

Ok cheers
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    29 déc. 2022 à 21 h 9
    Rejoint: mars 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,658
    I feel like those same people expected Giordano to resign for nothing less than 3mil and then resigned for 800k

I predict Bunting signs a long term deal at 3.5

That's fine, you think Bunting at 3.5 is affordable but raises going to a few of the younger guys next season, I'm not sure 3.5 is doable.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage