Forums/Armchair-GM

Could JT Miller fix the leafs

Créé par: Brian9Rogers
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 2 nov. 2022
Publié: 2 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The thought behind this scenario is the upgrade from kerfoot to miller plus adding klingberg helps the leafs get over the hump. Anaheim is tanking and VAN needs an overhaul more than they believe. Millers contract makes him a great short term piece where you hope the end of the deal doesn’t get too ugly. Dubas does something drastic to try and win this season. The big additions come with term, klingberg agreeing to an extension. Not sure if they could pull this off but would make for a wild ride to finish the season.
Transactions
TOR
  1. Klingberg, John (3 500 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Agree to an extension
ANA
  1. Král, Filip
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
VAN
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Engvall, Pierre
  3. Holl, Justin
  4. Muzzin, Jake
  5. Niemelä, Topi
  6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
  7. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
  8. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
The main deal is Miller for niemela abruzzese and the 1st. The other pieces help with cap and give VAN some players to plug in for the rest of the year and see if any can stick around as part of the future. Likely not but VAN needs more than they think right now.
TOR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (TBL)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TBL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $78 892 913 $212 500 $0 $3 607 087 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
0 $0 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
840 630 $840 630 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
Would leafs fans like Nicolas Meloche?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 43
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 7,020
Kral is not a particularly exciting prospect, and the Ducks already have a log jam of guys his age trying to make the roster, so he's not a value add, we'd want a different prospect. One of the requirements of shipping Kling out is that we take a RD back the other way, so toss Holl in our deal.

We're short on top 6 capable LW, preferably a power forward, and big, hard hitting, defensive D, either side. Pick prospect(s) that checks those boxes.
Brian9Rogers a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 35
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Kral is not a particularly exciting prospect, and the Ducks already have a log jam of guys his age trying to make the roster, so he's not a value add, we'd want a different prospect. One of the requirements of shipping Kling out is that we take a RD back the other way, so toss Holl in our deal.

We're short on top 6 capable LW, preferably a power forward, and big, hard hitting, defensive D, either side. Pick a prospect that checks one of those boxes.

This helps! Appreciate the response. Throw in Holl and snag any forward prospect not named Matt knies.
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 182
Klingberg is NOT the type of defenseman the Leafs need. They need a bruiser who can skate.
Brian9Rogers et GMBL a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ichbinian
Klingberg is NOT the type of defenseman the Leafs need. They need a bruiser who can skate.

Do you have a player in mind?
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 57
Mentions "j'aime": 3,459
If the cap goes up 4m, then the Leafs would be fine affording Miller next year, however they will need a Bunting replacement and a Klingberg replacement for 4.5m. Giving up their top prospect +2024 1st + 2nd +3rd is not worth it at all.
Brian9Rogers a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 57
Big Shoots
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,091
I'm ready to strip it down to the studs in Van. This prob wouldn't be near my first move, but the value seems ok. I would be working hard to get OEL out of town as first priority.
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 59
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: Brian9Rogers
This helps! Appreciate the response. Throw in Holl and snag any forward prospect not named Matt knies.

The only other LW I am seeing in their system stamped with "top 6 potential" is Robertson, so Robertson and Kneis are the only two of interest. Drop Kral and the 4th and toss one of them in, or drop the prospect and bump the 4th to the better of the 2023 3rds.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 1
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,110
More silly "agree to an extension", especially when the Leafs don't have the cap for it, and Miller on board
I would rather have all those draft picks, Niemela and 15m in cap rather than JK and JTM. Besides Muzzin isn't waiving for Vancouver.
Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 2
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
@giggywithgibby hit the nail on the head with regards to a potential return (Though a 1st+Robertson is getting greedy, IMO).

I'm more curious as to what extension you'd think Klinger would be agreeing to here?
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 6
Lenny7
Quoting: palhal
More silly "agree to an extension", especially when the Leafs don't have the cap for it, and Miller on board
I would rather have all those draft picks, Niemela and 15m in cap rather than JK and JTM. Besides Muzzin isn't waiving for Vancouver.

Not *necessarily* true. If the cap goes up to $84 or $85 (Who knows!), then you've got $15 mil in space (or so...) with 13 guys signed. The only two potential major signings at this point would be Bunting and Klinger. Not saying that sticking with the cheap depth that you currently have is the right way to roll, but there technically *is* space.

I honestly think Leafs fans would learn to loathe Klinger pretty quickly given that his defensive game is sketchy at best (He's been a great addition to my beloved Ducks though!).
palhal a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 8
Future Ducks legend

I'm not getting the impression he ever plays again, you are trading for his note, not him. It is sounding like he has a chronic condition as a result of injury.

Quoting: Lenny7
giggywithgibby hit the nail on the head with regards to a potential return (Though a 1st+Robertson is getting greedy, IMO).

I'm more curious as to what extension you'd think Klinger would be agreeing to here?

I mean, yeah, you are right, we'd have to lower the pick to then ask for Robo. Kind of a moot point since I think of al the competitors, Toronto is probably the worst fit for Klingberg, unless the belief from last years exit vs Tampa was that they just needed a bit more offense.
Lenny7 et palhal a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 15
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Not *necessarily* true. If the cap goes up to $84 or $85 (Who knows!), then you've got $15 mil in space (or so...) with 13 guys signed. The only two potential major signings at this point would be Bunting and Klinger. Not saying that sticking with the cheap depth that you currently have is the right way to roll, but there technically *is* space.

I honestly think Leafs fans would learn to loathe Klinger pretty quickly given that his defensive game is sketchy at best (He's been a great addition to my beloved Ducks though!).

Agree with you about Klinger. He's probably playing as hard as he can trying to get a good long term contract. I'm just not that enthused with 30 year old Miller starting a new 7 year contract either.

OK here's my prediction. Leafs make the playoffs, though they aren't as good as last year. Dubas is not allowed to make any deals that depletes the Leafs iffy prospect list.

Leafs have new GM in the summer of 2023

When it looks like the Leafs are kinda just treading water, and Matthews and Nylander aren't going to resigned in the summer of 2024, the Leafs make a decision.
Trade pending UFAs Matthews, Nylander and Brodie at TDL February 2024. Leafs use those young assets in return, and cap space provided...(Murray and Muzzin contracts expire too) for a retool.

UFA McDavid signs as Leaf in summer of 2025.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 15
giggywithgibby hit the nail on the head with regards to a potential return (Though a 1st+Robertson is getting greedy, IMO).

He wanted like 8m+ in Dallas, ended up with 6m+ offers in FA. In Toronto, he'll want 1m more than what he can get elsewhere probably, so I'm guessing 7m-7.5m would be the middle ground where an agreement would have to occur.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 18
Lenny7
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I mean, yeah, you are right, we'd have to lower the pick to then ask for Robo. Kind of a moot point since I think of al the competitors, Toronto is probably the worst fit for Klingberg, unless the belief from last years exit vs Tampa was that they just needed a bit more offense.

If I were to guess where Klinger ends up, I'd actually bet on Tampa making it work.
GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ichbinian

Cheap version might be Nicolas meloche??? Don’t know much about him but looked alright in preseason
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 21
Lenny7
Quoting: GMBL
He wanted like 8m+ in Dallas, ended up with 6m+ offers in FA. In Toronto, he'll want 1m more than what he can get elsewhere probably, so I'm guessing 7m-7.5m would be the middle ground where an agreement would have to occur.

I think it'll depend on what the cap actually ends up going to. 7-7.5 with term is a dangerous deal for a guy like him (And again, I love what he's doing in Anaheim).
GMBL a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 23
Lenny7
Agree with you about Klinger. He's probably playing as hard as he can trying to get a good long term contract. I'm just not that enthused with 30 year old Miller starting a new 7 year contract either.

OK here's my prediction. Leafs make the playoffs, though they aren't as good as last year. Dubas is not allowed to make any deals that depletes the Leafs iffy prospect list.

When it looks like the Leafs are kinda just treading water, and Matthews and Nylander aren't going to resigned in the summer of 2024, the Leafs make a decision.
Trade pending UFAs Matthews, Nylander and Brodie at TDL February 2024. Leafs use those young assets in return, and cap space provided...(Murray and Muzzin contracts expire too) for a retool.

I don't know...Matthews has a full NTC that kicks in during that offseason, no? I really, really don't see him being moved...there's so few teams out there that can offer the type of bonus-laden contracts that the Leafs gave (will give) him.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 25

Unless the Oilers' playoff success peak was last year, and only gets worse in the next 3 season, I don't see McDavid leaving while Draisaitl is still around.

My prediction for the Leafs is that they either resign Dubas for 2-years, and he resigns Matthews/Nylander this off-season (2023), and in the 2024 off-season resigns Marner and Tavares resulting in the core 4 taking a combined 38-42m combined (currently 40.5m).

Or Dubas walks away/is not renewed, and Nylander gets traded/resigned, Matthews tests FA/resigns in the last minute (he has a NMC so he's probably not going to get traded unless he wants to go somewhere in particular). Marner gets an extension in the 2024 off-season, Tavares gets resigned in 2025 and perhaps they sign McDavid.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 26
I think it'll depend on what the cap actually ends up going to. 7-7.5 with term is a dangerous deal for a guy like him (And again, I love what he's doing in Anaheim).

Yeah, I don't think he's a good fit unless he's willing to come in at 6m, and Liljegren+Sandin are defensive studs.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 27
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I don't know...Matthews has a full NTC that kicks in during that offseason, no? I really, really don't see him being moved...there's so few teams out there that can offer the type of bonus-laden contracts that the Leafs gave (will give) him.

I think he is destined to be a King. They should be good young team with cap, and Koptiar 10m contract is expiring when Matthews becomes a UFA. Matthews to Kings in a trade and Matthews gets an eight year contract instead of a seven year deal from any other team. IMO Matthews wants to go to big USA market. LA fits the bill, as the winter team Lakers seems to be floundering.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 34
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: GMBL
Unless the Oilers' playoff success peak was last year, and only gets worse in the next 3 season, I don't see McDavid leaving while Draisaitl is still around.

My prediction for the Leafs is that they either resign Dubas for 2-years, and he resigns Matthews/Nylander this off-season (2023), and in the 2024 off-season resigns Marner and Tavares resulting in the core 4 taking a combined 38-42m combined (currently 40.5m).

Or Dubas walks away/is not renewed, and Nylander gets traded/resigned, Matthews tests FA/resigns in the last minute (he has a NMC so he's probably not going to get traded unless he wants to go somewhere in particular). Marner gets an extension in the 2024 off-season, Tavares gets resigned in 2025 and perhaps they sign McDavid.

I just can't see the value in the Leafs renewing Nylander, Marner and Tavares at all. Yea, Matthews has value but so do most of the other 31 other teams league think so.
Doesn't McDavid's and Draistail contracts expiring at the same time in the summer of 2025?

I can't see Dubas walking away.....I can't imagine any team wanting him as GM, including the Leafs. He has the protection of Shanahan, but Shanahan seems to missing in action. Dubas's trading, drafting and contract negotiations have been pretty horrid.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 42
Modifié 2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 49
I just can't see the value in the Leafs renewing Nylander, Marner and Tavares at all. Yea, Matthews has value but so do most of the other 31 other teams league think so.
Doesn't McDavid's and Draistail contracts expiring at the same time in the summer of 2025?

I can't see Dubas walking away.....I can't imagine any team wanting him as GM, including the Leafs. He has the protection of Shanahan, but Shanahan seems to missing in action. Dubas's trading, drafting and contract negotiations have been pretty horrid.

The value in signing Marner and Nylander is that they are elite players and should still be elite. Tavares could still be good depth player or top 6, so I'm guessing either 3m or 5m contract wouldn't be bad to sign him at if he's scoring and with his faceoff ability. People try to discredit Dubas on trades/letting guys who were depth pieces or not even cracking the roster after having success elsewhere. What happens when Matthews, Marner, and Nylander go elsewhere? They are probably going to have more success both in personal stats and team success.

Dubas probably easily gets a management job (not necessarily a GM job) elsewhere. The trading and drafting have actually been good, Tampa and Toronto's drafting is in the high quality and low opportunity, on a quality vs opportunity chart. He's not going to get praise for his negotiation skills but for every big contract he has 1 discounted contract (it might even be a 1:2+ ratio). If you just restrict it to long-term 5+ year contracts. Then you have the Marner+Matthews contracts vs Reilly's, so a 2:1 ratio. The Tavares and Nylander's contracts weren't anything out of the ordinary when they were signed.

Dubas could walk away if he's not getting any results, no matter what he does, this team might just need a different perspective to perfect it.
2 nov. 2022 à 16 h 1
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,487
Right price, wrong team for Kerfoot.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage