Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 Prospect Updates

17 déc. 2022 à 0 h 55
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,138
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m very thankful for Holmberg, I hate the Center depth we have

Im a big fan of Minten. 24/28 on the draw tonight and there's no doubt in my mind the 5v5 scoring will come
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 1 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Nathaniel
Im a big fan of Minten. 24/28 on the draw tonight and there's no doubt in my mind the 5v5 scoring will come

I will be pleasantly surprised if he is anything more than an energy 4C. I hope he proves me wrong, not rooting against him
17 déc. 2022 à 1 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Minten strikes again on the PP, two point night.
17 déc. 2022 à 3 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,158

I see him as a Laughton type 3c can't wait to see more
palhal a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 9 h 43
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,113
Quoting: aadoyle
I see him as a Laughton type 3c can't wait to see more

The Leafs have so few NHL calibre centre prospects, there is opportunity to be in the NHL very soon if he's good enough,
17 déc. 2022 à 9 h 46
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,304

PP merchant Minten adds to his totals with a primary assist off his shot. Would love to see some more 5v5 scoring, curious to see how he holds up with no Stankoven or Bankier who are at the WJC.

Never know, might end up helping him - gets the bigger minutes with better players.
palhal a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 9 h 52
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Never know, might end up helping him - gets the bigger minutes with better players.

Well Matthews might gone in summer in 2024, and Tavares in 2025. Could see Minten with the Leafs in 24/25 after one year of AHL. You're right some players just get better when they have better players surrounding them. It's the in a normal "work place". People can rise with greater expectations.
17 déc. 2022 à 9 h 56
Quoting: palhal
Well Matthews might gone in summer in 2024, and Tavares in 2025. Could see Minten with the Leafs in 24/25 after one year of AHL. You're right some players just get better when they have better players surrounding them. It's the in a normal "work place". People can rise with greater expectations.

If I'm not mistaken, he can't play AHL next year - it's either NHL or back to Kamloops.
17 déc. 2022 à 9 h 56
LongtimeLeafsufferer
If I'm not mistaken, he can't play AHL next year - it's either NHL or back to Kamloops.

Thanks for the insight.
17 déc. 2022 à 10 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Man, I really wish I could see what you guys do. All I see is a player who can be hard on the puck, use his size sometimes, create turnovers, forechecking is his strength, and has decent speed for his size.

What stands out to me is his moderate offensive upside. It looks like he has added some more power to his shot, which is a nice improvement from last year. He has benefited plenty from playing with Stankoven and Bankier. Maybe most frustrating of all is his overall lack of puck poise. He really doesn’t touch the puck that much during a game. His stickhandling lacks deception and beating players at this level remains a challenge. And his complete lack of ability with his zone entries and exits are troubling. And even when he is able to cross a blue line with control himself, he’s not able to manipulate the next layer of the defense himself without turning the puck over, shooting from low danger, or dumping the puck into the corner.

It’s not even the points I really care about, it’s his lack of high end skill. I do believe Minten has the ability to be a NHL 4C due to his work ethic, dogged determination, his defensive IQ, who could maybe put up some points in a limited role, a Frederic Gauthier type. Which isn’t a bad thing, you need those guys.

But again, you can get these type of guys anywhere. I’m still waiting to see something from him other than lining up at the blue line on the PP and walking in for a shot. At least it’s accurate
17 déc. 2022 à 11 h 16
Man, I really wish I could see what you guys do. All I see is a player who can be hard on the puck, use his size sometimes, create turnovers, forechecking is his strength, and has decent speed for his size.

What stands out to me is his moderate offensive upside. It looks like he has added some more power to his shot, which is a nice improvement from last year. He has benefited plenty from playing with Stankoven and Bankier. Maybe most frustrating of all is his overall lack of puck poise. He really doesn’t touch the puck that much during a game. His stickhandling lacks deception and beating players at this level remains a challenge. And his complete lack of ability with his zone entries and exits are troubling. And even when he is able to cross a blue line with control himself, he’s not able to manipulate the next layer of the defense himself without turning the puck over, shooting from low danger, or dumping the puck into the corner.

It’s not even the points I really care about, it’s his lack of high end skill. I do believe Minten has the ability to be a NHL 4C due to his work ethic, dogged determination, his defensive IQ, who could maybe put up some points in a limited role, a Frederic Gauthier type. Which isn’t a bad thing, you need those guys.

But again, you can get these type of guys anywhere. I’m still waiting to see something from him other than lining up at the blue line on the PP and walking in for a shot. At least it’s accurate

I don't really see all that much with Minten - I agree with most of what you've said here. Though I am a little more optimistic in that I think he could potentially settle into a 3C role nicely if thing go well.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 18 h 2
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,138

I could see his career panning out similarly to William Karlsson (minus his outlier 40 goal season) in terms of point totals. Call me an optimist, but they are eerily similar
17 déc. 2022 à 18 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 17 déc. 2022 à 19 h 0
I could see his career panning out similarly to William Karlsson (minus his outlier 40 goal season) in terms of point totals. Call me an optimist, but they are eerily similar

I think more Laughton like but hey a physical 3c who can do the little things and give u 35 points aint bad.

And who knows could prove a lot of people wrong and become Cirelli 2.0
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Man, do not give this guy time or space, will bury it every time. Gets his 19th goal of the season, 38 points on the year
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Rinse and repeat, Minten walks in from the blue line and roofs one upstairs.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Minten with the secondary assist on the PP.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

What else is there to say, the Hoff is red hot
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Beautiful saucer pass from Blandsi, nice finish from SDA
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

The vision from SDA on this play was amazing, beautiful touch from Abruzzese.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Rough night for the Growlers and especially Petruzelli, gives up 6 goals on 16 shots.

But good god what a shot from Gogolev.

#freeGogo
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 28
Hakuna Matata

What else is there to say, the Hoff is red hot

Kallgrens so weird. In the NHL he looks okay like I could see him be a 10-15 game backup. AHL he just looks off

But isnt there a saying about that where some goalies just are made for the NHL vs AHL

Either way love how Hoef has been doing this season
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: aadoyle
Kallgrens so weird. In the NHL he looks okay like I could see him be a 10-15 game backup. AHL he just looks off

But isnt there a saying about that where some goalies just are made for the NHL vs AHL

Either way love how Hoef has been doing this season

The Milwaukee Admirals are a really good team, that was a nice win for the Marlies.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 48
Hakuna Matata
The Milwaukee Admirals are a really good team, that was a nice win for the Marlies.

Still seems weird Kallgrens AHL stats seem to look worse than his NHL. Just one of those huh moments

But hey Wolls been excellent
18 déc. 2022 à 8 h 40

Minten with the secondary assist on the PP.

Primary, no?

Also, Kamloops must just have an absolute wagon of a PP.
18 déc. 2022 à 9 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Primary, no?

Also, Kamloops must just have an absolute wagon of a PP.

👌yup, you’re right. I’m just so used to it being Minten coming in from the point, that was Kyle Masters.

And ya, Kamloops leads the WHL in PP%
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage