Forums/Armchair-GM

Cap Reality - CBJ

Créé par: dopplsan
Équipe: 2022-23 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 14 juill. 2022
Publié: 14 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Seeing a lot of moves to clear cap for CBJ. CapFriendly has us at about $3M of cap-space; but, that is based on our current NHL roster having *29* players on it.

After moving a few guys to the AHL (Chinny needs the time; one of KJ/ Marchenko would likely spend time there), we actually have closer to $6.5M in cap space.

Chinakhov, KJ, Marchenko, Tarasov (i.e. the guys who matter) are all waivers exempt.

Assuming the purported $8.5M cap hit on a Laine contract, we need to clear out a bit over $2M to be compliant for opening night. That is with Bemstrom and TFW not being signed (which, meh...)

We still need to move cap, not just to sign Laine, but to have the buffer for call-ups, accruing space during the season, and to make space for another one of the prospects to get good playing time; but, the situation really isn't that bad, unless there is something I am missing.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
58 500 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $79 795 833 $0 $1 275 000 $2 704 167 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 7
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 2
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
UFA - 6
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 333 333 $2 333 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
787 500 $787 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
975 000 $975 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 58
spoiled penguins fan
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,487
Doesn’t help the fact at all that Gudbrandon signed a 4x4 lmaooo, that contract is horrifying
Ajp_18, sabresparaavida, dopplsan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 12 h 1
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,263
Quoting: Pensman69
Doesn’t help the fact at all that Gudbrandon signed a 4x4 lmaooo, that contract is horrifying

There's a decent chance that signing played a role in getting Gaudreau. Zero regrets with how yesterday turned out.
benjgc et Konkarsson a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 12 h 1
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 847
So it looks like Nyquist is the most likely guy to be move out to me (as an outsider with not a ton of knowledge about CBJ) Voracek/Bjorkstrand are other possibilities, but Voraceck would be a hefty move that a lot of teams wouldn’t be able to afford cap wise, and Bjorkstrand is decent value on his contract and they may not want to move him.
csick et Viqsi a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 12 h 1
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,957
You could probably move Nyquist , move Texier up and open up more cap space
Ajp_18 et dopplsan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 12 h 2
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,957
Quoting: sabresparaavida
So it looks like Nyquist is the most likely guy to be move out to me (as an outsider with not a ton of knowledge about CBJ) Voracek/Bjorkstrand are other possibilities, but Voraceck would be a hefty move that a lot of teams wouldn’t be able to afford cap wise, and Bjorkstrand is decent value on his contract and they may not want to move him.

Yeah Nyquist is likely the guy moved
Ajp_18, benjgc et Viqsi a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 12 h 7
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Two players stick out to me, Bean and Texier, not sure I like moving Texier but oh well.

Texier could be in high demand and I feel like he needs to play above the 4th line.

Bean is an offensive defenseman and someone might be willing to take another chance on him due to his age.
csick et benjgc a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 12 h 24
Yegor bomb
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 948
Quoting: csick
Yeah Nyquist is likely the guy moved

Quoting: Ajp_18
Two players stick out to me, Bean and Texier, not sure I like moving Texier but oh well.

Texier could be in high demand and I feel like he needs to play above the 4th line.

Bean is an offensive defenseman and someone might be willing to take another chance on him due to his age.

One thing we have to take into account is for a cap dump if teams can afford the cap space it comes down to REAL DOLLARS they have to spend as well. Voracek already got paid a bonus for this years and only needs paid 1.5 mil more than he gets paid the full 6.5 next year. Gus is a full 5.5 mil for this year. Voracek has a high cap for the next two years but the REAL DOLLARS isn't that much.
csick, Ajp_18 et dopplsan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 13 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,340
Quoting: Pensman69

Yeah. I would've loved that contract if it were literally half the price. Some swings are strikes.

Quoting: sabresparaavida

Bjorkstrand would be a "no," for me personally. His performance and contract are the exact ones that contending teams need. Jettisoning him instead of (or alongside) Nyquist or Jake would be a very poor, short-sighted move.

Quoting: Ajp_18

I'd say Bean, sure. Tex is a hard ask for me - he brings so much to the ice that I like, and his skill-set feels to compliment this F group even more after the Johnny signing. I think moving Nyquist/ Jake is the type of move that opens him up more to moving up the line-up.

Quoting: Civil_Eng_PE
One thing we have to take into account is for a cap dump if teams can afford the cap space it comes down to REAL DOLLARS they have to spend as well. Voracek already got paid a bonus for this years and only needs paid 1.5 mil more than he gets paid the full 6.5 next year. Gus is a full 5.5 mil for this year. Voracek has a high cap for the next two years but the REAL DOLLARS isn't that much.

Good point, good point. The calculation for the trading team would be Gus at $5M for one year, or Jake at $8.75M for two years (both before any potential retention).

Might sound weird, but the more I look at it, the more Jake feels like a move. He is still a high-end player - hell, he led the team in points last year - and could compliment some scorers very well. We'd have to retain; but, we could do that and still fall where we want to be cap-wise.

Maybe package Bean with Jake, retaining a few million? I think we could get a good return on that.
Ajp_18, Civil_Eng_PE et Viqsi a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 13 h 18
Yegor bomb
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 948
Quoting: dopplsan
Yeah. I would've loved that contract if it were literally half the price. Some swings are strikes.

Bjorkstrand would be a "no," for me personally. His performance and contract are the exact ones that contending teams need. Jettisoning him instead of (or alongside) Nyquist or Jake would be a very poor, short-sighted move.

I'd say Bean, sure. Tex is a hard ask for me - he brings so much to the ice that I like, and his skill-set feels to compliment this F group even more after the Johnny signing. I think moving Nyquist/ Jake is the type of move that opens him up more to moving up the line-up.

Good point, good point. The calculation for the trading team would be Gus at $5M for one year, or Jake at $8.75M for two years (both before any potential retention).

Might sound weird, but the more I look at it, the more Jake feels like a move. He is still a high-end player - hell, he led the team in points last year - and could compliment some scorers very well. We'd have to retain; but, we could do that and still fall where we want to be cap-wise.

Maybe package Bean with Jake, retaining a few million? I think we could get a good return on that.

I also hope we move Jakub since it gives us more room for an extension next year for gavi and peeke. Still I love every CBJ player rn, it'll hurt to lose anyone
14 juill. 2022 à 13 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Nah.
Quoting: Civil_Eng_PE
I also hope we move Jakub since it gives us more room for an extension next year for gavi and peeke. Still I love every CBJ player rn, it'll hurt to lose anyone

As of now, we probably have in the range of $20M or so in cap space next year. Take off $8M-$9M for Laine, and we are at $12M-$11M.

Assuming similar production, Gavvy is probably a 5x5 guy, thereabouts. I doubt Peeke is more than, say, $2M? We have plenty enough for both.
Civil_Eng_PE, benjgc et Viqsi a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 16 h 18
benabary
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Tex on the 4th line? Marchenko on the 2nd on his off wing? Gudbranson on the 1st pair instead of peeke who showed he was more than capable of playing with Z. This is a pretty rough mock up.
26 juill. 2022 à 9 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Nah.
Modifié 26 juill. 2022 à 11 h 6
Quoting: benabary
Tex on the 4th line? Marchenko on the 2nd on his off wing? Gudbranson on the 1st pair instead of peeke who showed he was more than capable of playing with Z. This is a pretty rough mock up.

Thanks for digging deep to find my very not ASAP, outdated lineup.

- Texier - Kuraly - Robinson was, frankly, our best overall line last year, and perhaps was the least broken-up line as well. I can understand wanting to put Tex higher in the line-up, but I'm somewhat hesitant for now. He obviously has fantastic chemistry with those two, and I'm just hesitant to break it up, particularly since Tex had a lot of difficulty handling a spot higher in the lineup in the previous two seasons. I think due to his leave of absence as well, getting into a groove with a familiar role could benefit him.

- Yeah, I'm growing into the hype of Marchenko. He's older, he has spent significant time in an NHL sized-rink already, and his game seems ready to translate. Sure, play him on the right-side if that's where he wants to be, it's interchangeable. Frankly, the importance of playing on or off wing is not as important for forwards, and boils down to player preference. Even on our own team, Laine, Jake, Gus, Chinny, Bems, Tex, (and formerly Olly) have all played both sides, regardless of their handed-ness.

- Our D is a mess. I really wouldn't describe Peeke as having been "more than capable" of top-line duties, moreso than he...survived? It was the best of a bad situation. Boqvist hasn't developed his D enough to mesh/ account for Z's game, though they would score a ton of goals if they were our top-pair. I don't particularly like Gudbranson on the top-pair, either, but his size and experience (and salary...good god) at least warrant a try, IMO. After giving up the most goals in a single season in franchise history, and ranking 28th in GA/G, I think the only position that is a lock on the blue-line is 1LD and 2LD.
dk325 et benjgc a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 9 h 27
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,263
Quoting: dopplsan
Thanks for digging deep to find my very not ASAP, outdated lineup!

- Texier - Kuraly - Robinson was, frankly, our best overall line last year, and perhaps was the least broken-up line as well. I can understand wanting to put Tex higher in the line-up, but I'm somewhat hesitant for now. He obviously has fantastic chemistry with those two, and I'm just hesitant to break it up, particularly since Tex had a lot of difficulty handling a spot higher in the lineup in the previous two seasons. I think due to his leave of absence as well, getting into a groove with a familiar role could benefit him.

- Yeah, I'm growing into the hype of Marchenko. He's older, he has spent significant time in an NHL sized-rink already, and his game seems ready to translate. Sure, play him on the right-side if that's where he wants to be, it's interchangeable. Frankly, the importance of playing on or off wing is not as important for forwards, and boils down to player preference. Even on our own team, Laine, Jake, Gus, Chinny, Bems, Tex, (and formerly Olly) they all play both sides, regardless of their handed-ness.

- Our D is a mess. I really wouldn't describe Peeke as having been "more than capable" of top-line duties, moreso than he...survived? It was the best of a bad situation. Boqvist hasn't developed his D enough to mesh/ account for Z's game, though they would score a ton of goals if they were our top-pair. I don't particularly like Gudbranson on the top-pair, either, but his size and experience (and salary...good god) at least warrant a try, IMO. After giving up the most goals in a single season in franchise history, and ranking 28th in GA/G, I think the only position that is a lock on the blue-line is 1LD and 2LD.

Thanks for providing that source on the rink size. I've been looking for one to confirm people saying he was already playing on NHL sized ice. The Marchenko hype train continues to gain speed.
dopplsan et benjgc a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage