SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #5 - Bedlam from the Bell Center

8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 44
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225

Prediction: He'll be gone before September
The question is how much they can fetch for him, as $10.5 million is no small cap hit

Man, imagine if Ottawa could somehow swing that deal tears of joy
Db1899, zk97 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 47
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

Prediction: He'll be gone before September
The question is how much they can fetch for him, as $10.5 million is no small cap hit

Man, imagine if Ottawa could somehow swing that deal tears of joy

hell end up on the rangers IMO
8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 49
Farewell
Quoting: Db1899
hell end up on the rangers IMO

Oooooh I hope not. Was looking forward to a Strome-less Copp-less Motte-less Braun-less NYR team (and rumor has it they're shopping Chytil too), don't want them getting Kane and suddenly having decent depth again

(But it would kind of be hilarious if they traded Kakko/Lafreniere and Schneider for Kane, Rangers fans would freaking lose their minds tears of joy)
yikes et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 58
Farewell
I love this shot
cut.jpg
yikes, zk97 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 2
Pronman gave the isles draft a C !! That's how I know it was a good draft.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,120
Oooooh I hope not. Was looking forward to a Strome-less Copp-less Motte-less Braun-less NYR team (and rumor has it they're shopping Chytil too), don't want them getting Kane and suddenly having decent depth again

(But it would kind of be hilarious if they traded Kakko/Lafreniere and Schneider for Kane, Rangers fans would freaking lose their minds tears of joy)

Just imagine

Out

Copp
Motte
Braun
Strome
Georgiev

In

Rodrigues tears of joy
Jones
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 14
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,854

What he rate Ottawa and SJ
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 16
Quoting: yikes
What he rate Ottawa and SJ

Ottawa: C
SJ: B
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 17
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

I'm not sure what he bases his grade on, but I'm probably gonna give them a C as well, because they didn't have a 1st rounder so the total value of incoming prospects isn't as high as many other teams. They did make 3 decent selections with the picks they did have, but nothing too major (Odelius was a slight steal, Finley and George were projected around where they went, although I personally have George as a sleeper despite deserving to be ranked there, because I think he could break out next year). You can definitely be satisfied with the picks they did make though, which is more than I can say for either of my teams lmao, they both get a D from me

Btw I'm working on my draft grades for this year, where I break down every notable selection for every team and grade every team's total haul, so keep an eye out for that. I did this last year as well, and I'll be sure to link it here when I'm done. It's taking a while, but it'll probably be worth a look for people who didn't do a lot of research into the draft and wanna know how their team did and who they got that is relevant.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Ottawa: C
SJ: B

What he give Toronto

Let me guess D+
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 27
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: aadoyle
What he give Toronto

Let me guess D+

getting rid of mrazek is worth a c+
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: DirtyDangle
getting rid of mrazek is worth a c+

Asked a friend who subscribed to the Athletic

He gave us a B- cause he liked Minten
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 29
Quoting: Alfie11
I'm not sure what he bases his grade on, but I'm probably gonna give them a C as well, because they didn't have a 1st rounder so the total value of incoming prospects isn't as high as many other teams. They did make 3 decent selections with the picks they did have, but nothing too major (Odelius was a slight steal, Finley and George were projected around where they went, although I personally have George as a sleeper despite deserving to be ranked there, because I think he could break out next year). You can definitely be satisfied with the picks they did make though, which is more than I can say for either of my teams lmao, they both get a D from me

Btw I'm working on my draft grades for this year, where I break down every notable selection for every team and grade every team's total haul, so keep an eye out for that. I did this last year as well, and I'll be sure to link it here when I'm done. It's taking a while, but it'll probably be worth a look for people who didn't do a lot of research into the draft and wanna know how their team did and who they got that is relevant.

I don't know if his rankings are by value added with the picks they had (considering they traded the 1st) or value in total. But either way I thought the isles deserved a B, at the worst B-

Odellius is the one player I think was a major steal. He has a very high floor because of his elite 4 way mobility and great hockey sense , he's got a high ceiling as well. I think you can safely project him as a #4 D, but it's possible he can ride shotgun with an elite #1 D on the top pair, similar to Brodin. Could easily see him in a 2nd pair role in the NHL in 3 years and IMO you could have justified taking him as high as 15. George was projected to go anywhere from 35-70, isles took him at 98. Finley I agree, I do like the fact that he was one of the youngest players in the class and has time to grow.
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 30
What he give Toronto

Let me guess D+

B-
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Please! Stop the Necas for Puljujarvi trades!
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 35
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,491
What he give Toronto

Let me guess D+

It was a B- shockingly
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 35
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: Devil
Gmonwy Alfie11

My new PFP is a W

Man, if he signed cheap for some dang reason in NJ you guys probably win a cup in 2/3 years.
Devil a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 36
Farewell
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Man, if he signed cheap for some dang reason in NJ you guys probably win a cup in 2/3 years.

Just imagine if they'd drafted Shane Wright wink
BuFfaLOFaN, zk97 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 40
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
I don't know if his rankings are by value added with the picks they had (considering they traded the 1st) or value in total. But either way I thought the isles deserved a B, at the worst B-

Odellius is the one player I think was a major steal. He has a very high floor because of his elite 4 way mobility and great hockey sense , he's got a high ceiling as well. I think you can safely project him as a #4 D, but it's possible he can ride shotgun with an elite #1 D on the top pair, similar to Brodin. Could easily see him in a 2nd pair role in the NHL in 3 years and IMO you could have justified taking him as high as 15. George was projected to go anywhere from 35-70, isles took him at 98. Finley I agree, I do like the fact that he was one of the youngest players in the class and has time to grow.

I don't think Odelius was ever gonna go in the 1st honestly. I think he's definitely a cut below those top 5 LD (Korchinski, Mintyukov, Mateychuk, Pickering, Bichsel), which woulda pushed him to the early 2nd. He was a steal for sure, but it's revisionist to say he could be a mid-first lol. 2nd pair upside I'd agree with. Where did you see George projected in the 35-70 range? I typically saw him ranked as a 4th rounder (outside the top 100). I just liked him more than a lot of the guys projected in the late 3rd/early 4th and think he has untapped potential on top of that, which is why I like the pick. He might work his way into a top 70 position in a redraft a few years down the line though if he can seize a larger role with the Knights next year. Regardless, a solid draft for the Isles. They added 3 decent prospects to the system, which is more than a lot of teams, and desperately needed for the Isles.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 43
Just imagine if they'd drafted Shane Wright wink

Time will tell but let's say you get Shane Wrights upside or Nemecs upside. Wright is probably top end a guy like Bergeron, Nemec is top end a guy like Fox, saw Hedman comparables? Then you take the current NJ roster id throw fox in there if I had the choice all the time. Just if you have Hughes, Holtz, Mercer, Hishcier, Bratt, and Sharangovic clogging up the top 6, and not really a solid option to pair with L.Hughes.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 44
Farewell

Comes to a 5.5 million AAV
BuFfaLOFaN, DirtyDangle, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 44

Where did u have him ranked?
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 44

Comes to a 5.5 million AAV

Decent, compare that to Josh Anderson and I'd say Kings won?
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 47
Farewell
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Time will tell but let's say you get Shane Wrights upside or Nemecs upside. Wright is probably top end a guy like Bergeron, Nemec is top end a guy like Fox, saw Hedman comparables? Then you take the current NJ roster id throw fox in there if I had the choice all the time. Just if you have Hughes, Holtz, Mercer, Hishcier, Bratt, and Sharangovic clogging up the top 6, and not really a solid option to pair with L.Hughes.

For sure, from a positional need the pick made a ton of sense, but Wright probably is the better overall player
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 49
Quoting: Alfie11
I don't think Odelius was ever gonna go in the 1st honestly. I think he's definitely a cut below those top 5 LD (Korchinski, Mintyukov, Mateychuk, Pickering, Bichsel), which woulda pushed him to the early 2nd. He was a steal for sure, but it's revisionist to say he could be a mid-first lol. 2nd pair upside I'd agree with. Where did you see George projected in the 35-70 range? I typically saw him ranked as a 4th rounder (outside the top 100). I just liked him more than a lot of the guys projected in the late 3rd/early 4th and think he has untapped potential on top of that, which is why I like the pick. He might work his way into a top 70 position in a redraft a few years down the line though if he can seize a larger role with the Knights next year. Regardless, a solid draft for the Isles. They added 3 decent prospects to the system, which is more than a lot of teams, and desperately needed for the Isles.

I'm not saying taking him as 15 was the ideal scenario, Im just saying you can justify it. He should have gone in the 22-25 range IMO. Byron Bader's model had him at 29, Cam Robinson had him at 18. I've been following Cam for a while and he seems to get more accurate every year. Mateychuk is in the Nemec/Jiricek tier, I think Korchinski, Mintyukov, Pickering and Bischel are in the next tier. In terms of production and upside I think odelius is worthy of being in that same tier.

Elite prospects had George at 35, Cam Robinson 27, FC Hockey 64, Smaht scouting 59, Mckenzie 69
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage