SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/NYI) - Romanov for 2022 1st round pick (13th)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 juill. 2022 à 3 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,952
Did Lou not realize Nick Hague could be available
8 juill. 2022 à 4 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 101
MTL keeps taking W's. I don't know why Lou was so high on ROMANOV. Seems like an Overpayment.
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 14
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Great value and positionally smart moves can **** off. What’s the point of watching hockey? Because we love the players and we want to see them succeed with the team we love. I’d rather watch the habs be an average team with a team full of players that everyone loves and roots for rather than a Cup winning team with players the fans have no emotional connection to.

Well we've done this for 20 years now without any results, let's try something different shall we.

Suzuki is the most boring person on earth.

And you call yourself a fan.
CMac66 et jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 22
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
i think i accidently voted islanders.

this is a landslide win for the habs
8 juill. 2022 à 18 h 46
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 541
That’s a sad way to watch my team? I think it’s sad if the only way you watch hockey is just cheering for the corporation regardless of who is on the ice and how they act.

Suzuki is the most boring person on earth. I love Cole. But he’s not enough to get me to continue to watch hockey, especially when there’s so much else I could be doing with those 246+ hours of time and $200 I would spend watching the habs each year.

Would I fall in love with Slafkovsky and the others if I got back into hockey? Probably, yes. But that’ll never remove the pain that I’ll feel every time I think of the losses of Romanov, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Lehkonen, and so many others. Hockey fandom has some great highs, but also a lot of lows, and I should really be focusing my free time into something that is just highs with no lows and I’ll be a lot happier of a person.

Lol that's an very inaccurate interpretation of what I said. Welcome to the business of sports I guess where everything is designed to take your money. Sports has mostly lows. Winning, being successful is tough. The journey of those lows, then getting to the Hugh's is the point. Ask Tampa fans after getting swept against the blue jackets the winning twice in a row. And I get wanting an exciting team(everyone wants that and I think the Habs got a good one in slaf) but youre spewing bs that if your team was winning you wouldn't be that interested. Ask the leafs fans how having some exciting players not translating to winning feels like... It's great until success never follows.
8 juill. 2022 à 19 h 56
Steve Durbano Fan
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
Quoting: CapFriendly

Romanov will need to make a big step forward to justify this trade. Based on what I have seen so far that seems unlikely.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 7
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Eureka! It means Chiarot resigns in MTL!
9 juill. 2022 à 1 h 1
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,368
Quoting: jpsnow13
Eureka! It means Chiarot resigns in MTL!

Ufas

1.Klinberg: 47points
and….
2. Ben Chariot: 26 points .
9 juill. 2022 à 2 h 18
Islesadist
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 282
If Romanov can be a steady 2nd pairing LD for the next 7-8 years then it will be worth it. Who knows what his ceiling is though
9 juill. 2022 à 5 h 44
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
Ufas

1.Klinberg: 47points
and….
2. Ben Chariot: 26 points .

Montreal probably isn't getting him in that case unless he takes a discount to sign here. We still have to upload some cap
9 juill. 2022 à 6 h 3
Modifié 9 juill. 2022 à 6 h 13
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Montreal probably isn't getting him in that case unless he takes a discount to sign here. We still have to upload some cap

Yeah That wasn't my point but simply that the RHD market or players that can play on the right side effectively is non-existent. Petry value will climb considerably once Klingberg is signed, and I dont expect a trade til after free agency which has been my stance for awhile. Once they shed Petry, their cap will be fine, even if Price is on the books.

It's a good thing that Hughes didnt make a Kassian type dump, with Hoffman or Armia. That price was insane of a 2nd in a much better draft, and a 3rd. Buying out Kassian was the better option but I guess Holland is of the David Poile/Lou Lamoriello mindset, whereas he doesnt care about long term.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 8 h 3
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: ColonelX
Well we've done this for 20 years now without any results, let's try something different shall we.

And you call yourself a fan.

I can’t speak to the habs from 1994 through 2015. And I have no qualms with management doing what they’re doing if they want to run a winning hockey team. I just won’t be a fan of that team.

I like that Suzuki’s on the habs. He’s a great player, but he’s like a robot in interviews. I like him, but he’s definitely not a major reason why I’d continue to watch the habs. Whereas players like Caufield, Lehkonen, Kotkaniemi, Danault, Romanov, Byron, Tatar, and Gallagher would be.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 8 h 19
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: CMac66
Lol that's an very inaccurate interpretation of what I said. Welcome to the business of sports I guess where everything is designed to take your money. Sports has mostly lows. Winning, being successful is tough. The journey of those lows, then getting to the Hugh's is the point. Ask Tampa fans after getting swept against the blue jackets the winning twice in a row. And I get wanting an exciting team(everyone wants that and I think the Habs got a good one in slaf) but youre spewing bs that if your team was winning you wouldn't be that interested. Ask the leafs fans how having some exciting players not translating to winning feels like... It's great until success never follows.

We are not the same person, and I’m not the same person as other hockey fans. You can’t call my reasons for why I do things bs because my way of thinking isn’t the same as yours.

I understand that having a lot of lows is inherent in being a sports fan. Which is why I don’t want to devote my time to being a sports fan. And I’m not a child anymore. People change, and I’m a very different person than I was 6 years ago when I was really introduced to hockey. I think it’s great that other people still find a lot of joy from being a sports fan, but that’s just not me anymore.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 12 h 51
I can’t speak to the habs from 1994 through 2015. And I have no qualms with management doing what they’re doing if they want to run a winning hockey team. I just won’t be a fan of that team.

I like that Suzuki’s on the habs. He’s a great player, but he’s like a robot in interviews. I like him, but he’s definitely not a major reason why I’d continue to watch the habs. Whereas players like Caufield, Lehkonen, Kotkaniemi, Danault, Romanov, Byron, Tatar, and Gallagher would be.

We are not the same person, and I’m not the same person as other hockey fans. You can’t call my reasons for why I do things bs because my way of thinking isn’t the same as yours.

I understand that having a lot of lows is inherent in being a sports fan. Which is why I don’t want to devote my time to being a sports fan. And I’m not a child anymore. People change, and I’m a very different person than I was 6 years ago when I was really introduced to hockey. I think it’s great that other people still find a lot of joy from being a sports fan, but that’s just not me anymore.

Romanov's personality was awesome!
Super happy all the time, played hard. But we're supposed to love any trade as soon as he leaves.

Sometimes, I think some of these posters are narcissists sociopaths to not even to take a step back and see the other side. Truly, apathetic. Being a fan is short for fandom. Let ppl react without immediate judgment
7 févr. 2023 à 10 h 9
If isles keep their top10 protected pick this year. I wonder if LOU trades it for Arber Xhekaj?
CBA a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage